[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone tell me why people like this bullshit? 99% of what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

Can someone tell me why people like this bullshit? 99% of what I've seen from Monty Python is fucking atrocious. The films suck and have a few redeeming scenes and almost all of the sketches are terrible and when there is something funny it gets stretched out to the point where it loses all value. Can someone post something remotely good from this douche nozzle?
>>
Terry Gilliam is legit terrible.
>>
>>83759940
it's easily quotable shit that your parents enjoyed, stop whining.
>>
>>83759940
All I know is they make me laugh.
you're entitled to not liking things.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imxb8IShtoc
>it's a men dressed as women repeatedly scolding their offscreen children for eating paintings in an art gallery sketch
Seriously, who finds this funny?
>>
>>83759940
i thought it was funny when i was in my early teens and it also had tits on at times
watching it now though it's not, though by the sheer number of skits they did i imagine a handful of them are funny
i rewatched life of brian recently and that was pretty much the case, most of the film wasn't funny save for one or two bits
>>
>>83760905
I bet you think the Ministry of Silly Walks is unfunny too.
>>
>>83759940
It was hugely influentle in its day and wholyy original. It dos not hold up well becaus it had all been done to death by everyone else since then. Also the language skits require you to have brain larger than you phone.
>>
File: montypython.png (197KB, 536x195px) Image search: [Google]
montypython.png
197KB, 536x195px
>>83759940
guess you must be wired different op
>>
File: wat_deathbulge.jpg (71KB, 179x179px) Image search: [Google]
wat_deathbulge.jpg
71KB, 179x179px
>>83759940
jesus fucking christ, another 21st century millennial whining about Monty Python.

you have no fucking idea what Britain was like in the sixties. it was NOT like television paints it. it was not groovy and fab and mod and swinging with girls in miniskirts.

you want to see what Britain in the sixties was like? watch an entire fucking week's worth of "Coronation Street".

THAT is what the Python crew were struggling against. they were trying to drag humor out of the fucking cesspit of vaudeville music-hall panto crap it had been in since the 19th fucking century.

whining little shits who don't have the attention span to watch even two minutes of fucking Triptank, and they complain about Monty Python. you need to double the dose of your ADD medicine, little boy. then drown yourself in the fucking toilet.
>>
>>83759940
FUCK YOU OP!
KYS!
>>
File: 1439845716990.jpg (45KB, 424x500px) Image search: [Google]
1439845716990.jpg
45KB, 424x500px
Post your favorite sketches
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y
>>
>>83763590
>they were trying to drag humor out of the fucking cesspit of vaudeville music-hall panto crap it had been in since the 19th fucking century
Don't go too far lad, they were quite original for TV but they were listening to The Goon Show doing very similar things on the wireless 18 years before they got their show.
>>
>>83763590
This.
Shoe horned musicals were everywhere, innuendos were done to death, and if you saw another working/upper class caricature you'd want to blow your brains out.
>>
>>83759940
The mere fact they helped torpedo Mary Whitehouse's attempts to institute a British equivalent of the American Censorship era ought to qualify them all for sainthood.
>>
>>83764124
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCRacroAorA
>>
>>83759940
>Different people like different things.
WHY IS THAT I WONDER?
>>
>>83763590

This guy gets it. Fuck off if you can't grasp the context OP.
>>
say what you want about the show and some of the films but Holy Grail is a genuine classic and the greatest British film of all time
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.