[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

STOP WATCHING STAR WARS!!!!! What did he mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_4416.jpg (24KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4416.jpg
24KB, 210x240px
STOP WATCHING STAR WARS!!!!! What did he mean by this?
>>
>>83758349
He wants us to cease viewing stellar combats
>>
>>83758349
He doesn't want you to live in a fantasy world of secondhand childish banalities.
>>
to go watch star trek
>>
>>83760873
Kek
>>
>>83758349

Grow back that beard Mark, we can still see your face surgery scars
>>
>>83762723
So? Scars are Life's tattoos. A scar means you survived it. You lived through it.
>>
>>83762890
whoa man that's like really deep and stuff
>>
What a backstabbing cunt. Who publicly shits all over their own movie before it even comes out? I don't even care about SW, but this is some Katherine Heigl tier drama-queen shit. No wonder he's been in hardly any movies since 1983, the dumbass was probably blacklisted for being unreasonable and difficult
>>
>>83763432
As opposed to what? Having meltdowns defending a shit movie like the Rock? He likes the story as much as the fans and doesn't like Disney shitting all over it. Just because he's in the movies doesn't mean he has to like what they're going with his character. Fuck off faggot.
>>
>>83763432
>I don't even care about SW
Yeah we can tell cause you literally have NO idea what you're talking about
>>
>>83758349
Is he Alec Guinessing us?
>>
>>83758349
>[...] I shrivel inside each time it is mentioned. Forty years ago, when the film was first shown, it had a freshness, also a sense of moral good and fun. Then I began to be uneasy at the influence it might be having. The first bad penny dropped in San Francisco when a sweet-faced boy of twelve told me proudly that he had seen Star Wars over a hundred times. His elegant mother nodded with approval. Looking into the boy's eyes I thought I detected little star-shells of madness beginning to form and I guessed that one day they would explode.

>'I would love you to do something for me,' I said.

>'Anything! Anything!' the boy said rapturously.

>'You won't like what I'm going to ask you to do,' I said.

>'Anything, sir, anything!'

>'Well,' I said, 'do you think you could promise never to see Star Wars again?'

>He burst into tears. His mother drew herself up to an immense height. 'What a dreadful thing to say to a child!' she barked, and dragged the poor kid away. Maybe she was right but I just hope the lad, now in his twenties, is not living in a fantasy world of secondhand, childish banalities.
>>
>>83763532
>by not watching me, I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.
>>
>>83763470
As opposed to just zipping his lips about it.
He doesn't ever have to defend it, but it's extremely unprofessional to publicly attack it when his opinion holds such weight, especially before it's even come out. They offered him a lot of money to act in it, and he accepted. It's not right to just throw it (and thereby everyone else who worked on it) under the bus as soon as he's done filming his parts just over his personal opinions on it.
>>
Can anyone fill me in on this? Haven't paid attention to this at all.
>>
>>83763779
sooo you're content to let people get away with destroying franchises for money? We can only bitch about it and not do anything to help stop it? If his word get even one person to not watch anymore of this shit show Disney calls "Star Wars" then I will be very happy. I know I'm not gonna watch it. Fuck Disney and fuck the people who keep pumping out this garbage. Good for Mark for calling bullshit when he smells it.
>>
>>83763779
he signed a contract for all the movies. He didn't know there were gonna fuck em up this bad. You can exactly say "fuck you I'm not gonna be in the next movie"

IMO Return of the Jedi was the end of the Story. Disney is making shitty fanfiction at this point.
>>
He wants you to boycott Disney
>>
>>83758349
Slavoj looks more handsome without a beard. He's probably saying that because of Star War's Empire implications on capitalism and forced equality.
>>
>>83763432
Listen you little faggot, Mark is the opposite of a backstabber, he's loyal to the fans and George Lucas so he's clearly telling us he disagrees with Disney. It would be far more comfortable to act like and hypocrite like Harrison Ford and praise the movie even if it's a major turd like TFA. And btw Mark Hamill signed with George Lucas for the sequels and didn't know he was going to sell to Disney.
The backstabbers are Kathleen Kennedy and Bob Iger who made promise to George they were going to do his stories and respect the legacy of the OT. They did the exact opposite once he signed the deal. They also said they would make SW movies every 2 to 3 years to trick George into believeing they were doing quality films. Then Bob said they will make a SW movie every fucking year FOREVER because they built an assembly line just like for the iPhone and the fags keep buying it although it's the same shit every year.
>>
>>83763811
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBstE89j_7w
>>
File: alec-guiness.jpg (138KB, 1600x1202px) Image search: [Google]
alec-guiness.jpg
138KB, 1600x1202px
>>83758349
Mark made just a few remarks on his character in an interview and that's it, if you watch the rest of that interview he says that he always had a different opinion for the character of Luke, even in the OT (especially in ROTJ) and basically sucks Ryan Johnson cock and says how working with him was one of the best director-actor relationships he had and proceeds to go to all the countless autistic Star Wars conventions praising it etc.

If you really want someone who absolutely hates Star Wars then look no further than pic related.
Not just the prequels or nu-star wars but your precious OT too, he hates it all. "Fairy-tale rubbish" are his exact words. He hated working on it, he hated all of his dialogue and the character of Ben Kenobi, he hated it all, done it just for the money but regrets it deeply.

>"In the final volume of the book A Positively Final Appearance (1997), Guinness recounts grudgingly giving an autograph to a young fan who claimed to have watched Star Wars over a hundred times, on the condition that the boy promise to stop watching the film because "this is going to be an ill effect on your life". Guinness is quoted as saying: "'Well', I said, 'do you think you could promise never to see Star Wars again?' He burst into tears. His mother drew herself up to an immense height. 'What a dreadful thing to say to a child!' she barked, and dragged the poor kid away. Maybe she was right but I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of second hand, childish banalities."
>>
>>83758349
*MICKEY SCREWING ON SILENCER AND SLAPPING IN CLIP*

INB4 SUPPRESSOR INB4 MAGAZINE
>>
>>83765915
Yet he's only positive about the movie in this interview.
Not long ago George admitted that it was him who decided to kill Obi-wan because he was useless in the 3rd act since it was about the Death Star. And Alec wasn't happy.
>>
>>83765915
A man of true taste.
>>
>>83758349
>>83760873
He would like us to refrain from observing cosmic battles
>>
Alec Guiness loves Star Wars
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IxN0N35skE
>>
>>83766147
Alex Guiness on the production and filming of Star Wars

>"Can’t say I’m enjoying the film. … new rubbish dialogue reaches me every other day on wadges of pink paper—and none of it makes my character clear or even bearable. I just think, thankfully, of the lovely bread, which will help me keep going until next April even if Yahoo collapses in a week. … I must off to studio and work with a dwarf (very sweet—and he has to wash in a bidet) and your fellow countrymen Mark Hamill and Tennyson (that can’t be right) Ford. Ellison (?—No!)—well, a rangy, languid young man who is probably intelligent and amusing. But Oh, God, God, they make me feel ninety—and treat me as if I was 106."

>"Apart from the money, which should get me comfortably through the year, I regret having embarked on the film. I like them all well enough, but it’s not an acting job, the dialogue, which is lamentable, keeps being changed and only slightly improved, and I find myself old and out of touch with the young."

>"A refurbished Star Wars is on somewhere or everywhere. I have no intention of revisiting any galaxy. I shrivel inside each time it is mentioned"
>>
>>83766328
This completely contradicts the video interview. I trust more the interview that this letter. Now that he's dead, who's here to prove it? Besides, why are you convinced Alec Guiness hated it although his public statements are contradictory to this, yet you want to think Mark Hamill to like these crappy sequels although he clearly expressed his disdain one interview after the other.
>>
File: 1495956414304.jpg (171KB, 1232x1371px) Image search: [Google]
1495956414304.jpg
171KB, 1232x1371px
>>83766557
I explained myself here >>83765915

There are far more interviews where Mark is sucking the Disney dick hard than dissing them, and most videos that are posted here are just short out of context snippets instead of whole interviews.

>Now that he's dead, who's here to prove it?
His diary, jorunals and personal letters that are publicly released (those quotes I posted are directly from them)
>>
>>83766789
It's funny that you cut the last tweet where Rian Johnson is confused and asks Mark if he watch TLJ. Mark was only being nice Rian, he hasn't seen the movie so there is no reason to say he was wrong.
>>
File: DAx6tWjXcAA4QGE.jpg (70KB, 707x373px) Image search: [Google]
DAx6tWjXcAA4QGE.jpg
70KB, 707x373px
>>83766843
He said that after reading the script, not watching the movie.

Here's the rest of that convo in context that Mark also retweeted.
>>
>>83765915
L E G E N D
>>
>>83763779
You're long gone but you're a sour piece of dog drivel and I'm happy Mark's shitting all over this piece of crap franchise. He said of how he was goaded into signing on by Kennedy who herself lied to George because she promised to use his treatise for the sequels and instead threw it all away. I support Mark even though He's a liberal shit head.
>>
>>83765581
And I Support his choices. he's a brilliant man and I thoroughly am happy he's looking out for the real fans of Star Wars. May Disney suffer horribly and all its directorates and Executives, in especially that evil dyke Kathleen Kennedy.
>>
>>83758349
What I think is true pottery is that Mark Hamill has taken the place of Alec Guinness as the old man who hates Star Wars now.
>>
>>83766956
So he's a battered wife.
>>
>>83763539
Is this an actual quote from his letters or a meme pasta?
>>
>>83767926
Actual official published quote from him, the book is A Positively Final Appearance (1997), all of his diaries released to the public.
>>
>>83767813
>>83766956

Alec saw life through a view askew so his voice of reason is nothing isn't at all balanced.
It's not that Star Wars wasn't at all good but rather the source wasn't Alec's Shakespearean tripe. So for a Theatrically trained Thespian like Alec, something like Star Wars would not at all be his cup of tea. Mark's a more seasoned consumerist than Alec was. And that's because Alec's consumption dealt in Master piece theater, whereas Mark has seen pop fiction from all sides.
In short, Alec's a classical Music Puritan and Mark a fan of Classical Rock and Roll. Classical Tunes such as Chopin, Beethoven and Mozart Were Alec's choices and Cream, Classic Rolling Stones, Led Zepplin and Pink Floyd along with some Hendrix was Mark's, You defenders of the shit awakens are likened to fans of fuck all auto tuners like that trap rapper Future. Remember Future's dreadful rendition of Tommy Butler's Prison Song? Well that absolute filth, that shitty tune Mask off is the force awakens. Although I wouldn't go as far as to label classical Star Wars Prison song in this analogy, it's at the very least not as shitty as Mask Off.
>>
>>83768152
*his voice of reason is nothing And isn't at all balanced.
>>
the Jedi were dogmatic fascists in the old days

think about it
>>
>>83768222
Mark's not wrong though. The Shit Awakens was an abominable film and one that does not at all respect the source material or the Source's Maker, George Lucas. It was Kennedy's warble of spit which she promptly spat on Lucas and by extension all men. And the Last Jedi's undoubtedly Kennedy's piss and I could only imagine the final film to be her throwing a handful of shit at Lucas and all males like a monkey would. Funnily enough The Force Awakens was a pile of shit so look for the last Jedi to be even shittier.
>>
>>83768405
Your post has nothing to do with the post you responded too.
Please control your highly developed autism.
>>
>>83768578
Autistic? Perhaps. >>83768222 insinuated that Mark's voice somehow mirrors Alec's disdain of Star wars. And we know this because he uses a not so subtle analogy; The Jedi, who were at the time of us meeting them was a tired and old ideology and dogmatically they were stuck in their old ways. He or she insinuated Alec was in much the same way was as dogmatic and stuck in his old ways as Jedi. And now Mark, at least according to you Shit Awakens defenders and >>83768222, has become the same. And how do I know this is his mind? Because, This thread is about a much older Mark Hamil pointing out the many infractions this new shitty series has committed. Do you think his post was about Jedi being immovably static? I may not be the only autistic one.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.