[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The critics raved about It Comes at Night, but everyone in my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: ican.jpg (22KB, 696x464px) Image search: [Google]
ican.jpg
22KB, 696x464px
The critics raved about It Comes at Night, but everyone in my theater booed when it was over, I hated it, and everyone I've asked about it thought it was boring.

Can anyone explain what I'm missing??
>>
>>83758031
Even the trailers don't make sense.
>>
>>83758031
Sounds like youre a pleb
>>
>>83758031
The cinematography was very dream-like, isolated and claustrophobic at times, which was nice.

But the plot was unclear at the best parts, and predictable at the worst parts. The characters were boring as well.
>>
i wanna cum inside males
>>
>>83758662
Okay, I get that.

Yeah. I couldn't have cared less about the story or characters.
>>
"I was really surprised when the dog died!"
-Nobody
>>
>>83758031
its like the Witch all over again.
If there is one thing that A24 does unforgivably bad, is managing audience expectations.
The trailers for their horror films are borderline ludicrous in terms of how misleading they are. But on top of that, It Comes at Night is not as good as the Witch either.
>>
>>83759130
I thought this movie was dull as dirt, but liked The VVitch.
>>
File: glare.png (114KB, 511x511px) Image search: [Google]
glare.png
114KB, 511x511px
>>83758031
All critics should be executed.
>>
>>83760555
based
>>
>>83758031
Sounds like they expected a horror movie, and not the drama it was. Promos were really misleading.
>>
is A24 the best entertainment company currently?
>>
>>83758031

critics are just pretentious attention whores who are avoided by people irl. because they don't get much contact with people irl their opinions on what a good movie is veers away from the opinions of most people.
>>
>>83759130
>>83760140

Both wrong opinions.

This was much better than "Salem Witch Trials era Ti West style Mumblecore", but I can understand why some people would hate it.
>>
Yea there is a lot of ambiguity in it that most people probably left feeling unsatisfied, but some people enjoy that. For this I don't think it was that bad of a choice because you only know as much as the family knows so you kind of feel like you're in the situation as well. Other than that, the cinematography was beautiful and really well done, there was a lot of good symbolism and imagery, the tone was perfect, and it was pretty suspenseful and intense. I enjoyed it
>>
>boring
Back to /v/eddit you go
>>
I enjoyed it

Obviously the film is about paranoia/mistrust in the face of an existential threat, that should be readily apparent to anyone who has seen the film, but I think to better make sense of the narrative it's important to recognize that not all of Travis' dream sequences are actually dream sequences, obviously.

Andrew couldn't have opened both of the locked doors, and furthermore had no reason. Therefore, at least one of Travis' dreams was actually reality; you only thought it was a dream because some of the previous sequences were obviously dreams based on their content.
>>
>>83762389
>i need my movies to be slow and repetitive because i'm mentally slow
>>
>>83758031
>Booing or clapping in a cinema when it's not the premiere.

Things only absolutely "proletarian" shitstains do.
>>
Somebody farted in a real quiet part right after the climax and everybody giggled until the credits, and then the lights turned on like 2 minutes before the ending
>>
>>83758031
It's a so called plebfilter. Most people are dumb and are plebs. Apparently so are you.
>>
>>83758392
I hope this and the OP are fucking bait.

Otherwise you are actual subhumans.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.