[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When does this become interesting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4765.jpg (40KB, 380x538px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4765.jpg
40KB, 380x538px
When does this become interesting?
>>
>>83754428
Well after you've passed puberty.
>>
>>83754531
Good one, but really, this is one of PTA most underwhelming projects I've ever seen.
>>
>>83754428
his worst film desu
>>
it's PTA trying to do an ensemble cast drama like the ones that were being made in the 70s and 80s, mostly trying to be like an altman film.
PTA considers it his best film (it's not), i think it suffers too much from his nihilistic and wicked sense of humor. really cynical and mean-spirited when it doesn't need to be.
>>
>>83754972
He said that right after making Magnolia, almost 20 years ago. Pretty clear based on later comments (ie. admitting it's too long) that he no longer feels this way
>>
>>83755469
>>83754972
He was a young man who made Magnolia specifically as a tribute to his father, so the movie was entirely emotionally-driven. There's no doubt he could have used a bit more time in the editing room and I think he also would have changed a lot if he came at the project from a sober standpoint
>>
i'm a pleb. can someone explain the meaning of the frogs falling from the sky?
>>
File: sadhappy.jpg (24KB, 655x532px) Image search: [Google]
sadhappy.jpg
24KB, 655x532px
>>83754680
I don't think it's his best film. It's one of those cases where the performances and individual scenes are more powerful and memorable than the overall narrative. There are some really beautifully human moments in the film.
>>
>>83754428
This is PTA's worst film by far

I don't like to use the word "pretentious" because I think it gets thrown around way too much, but this is one of the few movies that legitimately fits that description.
>>
Never. Most convoluted, pretend epic, try hard to be meaningful and impactful "human experience" piece of shit I've ever seen, and I've been watching the oscars for a decade
>>
File: 1476845528259.jpg (333KB, 1280x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1476845528259.jpg
333KB, 1280x1080px
>>83755932
kek
>>
>>83755711
Kevin Smith pls go
>>
>>83754428
>Tame the cunt

>UNLEASH the cock
>>
>>83754428

William H. Macy trying to pump himself up to walk into the bar makes Magnolia fantastic for me, regardless of how bloated the film feels and manipulative PTA gets.

Kevin Smith famously hated Magnolia for years, the primary reason it costing 40 million. And even for him, that's a good point.
>>
>>83755555
ya hate to see a pleb get quints
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.