[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get into the film industry?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 13

File: images-6.jpg (7KB, 281x180px) Image search: [Google]
images-6.jpg
7KB, 281x180px
How do I get into the film industry?
>>
post your cock
>>
>>83744784
You gotta be Jewish
>>
>>83744784
You can't. It's really hard. It's 90% luck
>>
>>83744784
don't go to film school go to films
>>
>>83744784
Suck cock and give up your asshole. Even the most alpha seeming actors and directors have to take it in the ass by the faggot producers in hollywood.
>>
>>83744784

By doing a lot free internships while having minimum wage job to actually live on.
>>
Depends on what you want to do. One of my high-school classmates shopped around for lighting/rig jobs locally for years and a little while back I noticed him preening on social media about how he has finally made it to work on Hollywood films. Felt good for him.
>>
>>83744784
what do you want to do?

since you're posting on here, you'll never be a famous director. since you're not an influential jew, you'll never be an influential producer.

the standard route for most things is starting at the bottom as a runner and working your way up. it's shit work, the hours and pay will be terrible and you'll probably hate it but it's not an easy industry to break into.
>>
Be a jew or let a jew use your holes.
>>
>>83745152
I wanna be an editor or cinematographer
>>
Have a rich mommy or daddy who already owns a house in Los Angeles so you can live for free until you get in. Bonus points for having a family member or friend who already works in the industry. Because nepotism totally isnt ruining the film industry (it is).
>>
What is the easiest to position to break into
>>
>>83745729
Screenwriting and Editing I think
>>
>>83744784
Jew or Scientologist, get good at sucking cocks
>>
If you don't have a contract before you were born you will never get in. Same goes for most things like that.
>>
Study and practice every time you can, and please, PLEASE, accept your work is shit if it is, and, DON´T post your practice work on the Internet, only a faggot would do that, there´s not a succesful person in the industry who did that (as far as I know)
>>
>>83745729
On a production? It would be production assistant, maybe grip if you are /fit/ and have some knowledge of film equipment.
>>83745750
wrong

I have worked in the Film industry here in LA for 7 years AMA /tv/
>>
Literally nepotism
>>
>>83744784
are you a girl?
easy mode

are you a guy?
better be a jew
>>
Just hang around long enough and they'll let you in
>>
I have an aunt who is a producer and she basically said you gotta bite the bullet and just jump right in. Do anything and everything for free. Also she said fuck college. It's a waste of time. Also submit to festivals as much as possible cause some might even fund you're projects which opens up the door.
>>
>>83745882
I legit wanna get into film. What do I do?
>>
>>83745769
Scientologists don't really have a big presence in Hollywood. Their current crop of celebs is really small, all b and c list people. Their big stars like Tim Cruise are fading, and Travolta hasn't had a career in years
>>
>>83746022
>What do I do?
Right off the bat if you don't live in LA, Atlanta, New York, or Toronto it's gonna be difficult.
With that being said, what do you wanna do? Do you wanna work in pre production, production or post-production?
>>
File: FaceApp_1496882424178.jpg (31KB, 241x241px) Image search: [Google]
FaceApp_1496882424178.jpg
31KB, 241x241px
Be a happy cock sucking jew
>>
>>83746144
My favorite are cinematography, editing, screenwriting and directing but I figure most of those are way out of reach
>>
>>83744784
Have a seat.
>>
File: 1440289937942.jpg (37KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1440289937942.jpg
37KB, 500x281px
you don't
t. Failed "filmmaker"
>>
>>83746144
Basically this. You have to be willing to relocate to a city that actually has a film industry.
>>
>>83746191
most of those require a more formal education or a fuckton of discipline to learn on your own and actually be good at.
>>
>>83746235
this
>>
>>83746397
I do have an associate's degree and some intern experience if that helps
>>
>>83746191
>cinematography
Get good, shoot a lot, and submit your work into festivals. The only way you'll get into that department, is if you can prove that you are good at it by showcasing your work.

>editing
Learn an editing program, specifically Avid. Everyone uses Avid as the main editing program.
You can learn it yourself but you won't get hired unless you are certified by attending Avid classes.
Adobe premier is a good starting program if you are unfamiliar to editing as a whole.
>Screenwriting
Write well. Not much to say here, if you're good send scripts out to indie production companies, they are more likely to read it than the mainstream.
Learn how to pitch your script well, producers gotta deal with 100+ people everyday pitching, so learn to stand out.
>directing
Make movies, that's it. Get good at directing by working on your own films.
>>
>>83746558

I forgot to add, but Cinematography/Directing can be learned better at a film school than by yourself.
That's just the truth.
Unless you find a mentor, who knows his stuff. ^Highly unlikely btw.
Main thing here is, if you live in some bumfuck town, chances are you're not going very far in the industry.
>>
>>83746424

>>83746682 is correct. Part of the advantage of film school is it exposes you to the technical process of film making, and that you meet many other creative people who are into the same shit you are.

Cinematography especially. If you aren't a hobbyist or amateur photographer already, become one now. You need to understand composition and how light works on film.
>>
>>83744784
Submit something in to the black list
>>
>>83746938
>Submit something it to the BLACKED list
FTFY
>>
>>83745882
What do you do?
>>
>>83747219
>what do you do
When I first moved to LA, I was working on a lot of non-union shoots as a grip mainly because I was strong and already had some prior knowledge of how lights/stands were to be setup.
While working on those shoots, I also went to a trade school to become an Electrician so I could be a gaffer on set.
And for the past 4 years I have worked as a gaffer.
>>
File: Enlight2.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
Enlight2.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
Hey IATSE bros whatcha workin' on these days
>>
File: 1444674990348.gif (691KB, 255x209px) Image search: [Google]
1444674990348.gif
691KB, 255x209px
Get some training. Get a job on a set. Start kissing ass and making contacts. Proceed to get "in" to the film industry. And, as much of a meme as it is, you could even go a film school like Scottsdale Community College, get a two year bachelors degree and be qualified for good jobs right off the bat.
Despite what /tv/ will have you believe, the film industry isn't some hyper exclusive hollywood club. It does however require very hard work, and yes, a bit of luck.
But it's important to remember not to just work hard, but also work smart. It will be hard to get someone to notice you for your totally-original sci fi space opera spec script, but if you are able to do a great job on a crew position, people will not be able to ignore you, and you'll start to make friends with people who MIGHT be interested in your creative ideas. An Assistant Camera who knows his stuff and can keep focus is worth his weight in gold, just like an Assistant Director who can shave a couple of days (and thousands of dollars) off of a shoot.
These are the mid-tier jobs that allow you to best enter the film industry in a position that you want, in my opinion.
Being a Production Assistant (basically someone who gets coffee) or a writer, may be easy jobs (if you're good at writing) but it will be exponentially more difficult to climb the ladder from that position.
>tl;dr get a crew position and become indispensable
>>
File: 1437599193435.png (151KB, 449x442px) Image search: [Google]
1437599193435.png
151KB, 449x442px
>>83744854
>>
>>83746025
That's actually a pretty good point - what the hell happened to Travolta? Was it the gay masseuse scandals?
>>
>>83746144
where can i look for industry jobs in nyc?
>>
>>83748002
Mandy. A lot of shit and garbage on there though. Unironically Craigslist.
>>
>>83745152
I want to be an actor
>>
>>83748082
actors access, backstage, casting networks.
>>
>>83748082
well you're already acting like a complete waste of life so congrats! you made it!
>>
>>83748136
You're right, I'm sure your life is much more valuable than mine.
>>
File: 1416368796731.jpg (17KB, 180x287px) Image search: [Google]
1416368796731.jpg
17KB, 180x287px
>>83745666
>I want to be an editor
then learn the major editing softwares, and start building your knowledge and abilities. Learn your way around everything there is to do as an editor.
>cinematographer
learn about cameras and the aspects of cinematography, then start building a reputation as an assistant cameraman. Get to know actual DPs.
>>83745152
This is not necessarily true. You're probably too jaded to realize it though.
>>83748082
Find out about local casting services, as well as sites like craigslist. Backstage Casting is good. Do free jobs. They will pay you in food and credit. Get a demo reel. Start doing paid jobs.
Don't even think about touching SAG, but get an agent once you feel confident about your abilities and the demand for said abilities.
>>
>>83748082
You need a recognizable and peculiar face (not necessarilly attractive but it's better to be, most actors and actresses are not very pretty but they have unique faces, the rest is make up and lighting and advertisng them as beautiful in magazines and the internet and the public will buy it), and know how to act a little bit (or know who's dick to suck)
>>
File: 1454341257-hbz-leslie-dakota-2.jpg (120KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
1454341257-hbz-leslie-dakota-2.jpg
120KB, 1000x500px
>be born into it, with rich and or famous family or very close friends who can pull the nepotism card
or
>do some questionable things that will eat at your soul and leave you a shell of your former self
or
>actually work in the industry, get a job on set or something like it and get you foot in the door that way

currently doing the latter and its not hard at all. I mean, it sure isnt a cake walk but the majority of people fail (in my experience) are the ones that leave college, if theyve made it that far, and think theyre going to direct a movie or get a leading role right out of the gate. Youre not that special and you dont have to be. Just prove that youre a good worker first
>>
File: james.jpg (916KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
james.jpg
916KB, 1440x2560px
>>83748357
I already know I'm good looking enough.
>>
File: clip.png (714KB, 642x705px) Image search: [Google]
clip.png
714KB, 642x705px
>>83747902
sup
>>83744784
Go to a production in nyc or la work as a PA in the department youre interested in (production, art, construction, writing, music, etc), do that for about 8 years then get a real job through the connections youve made. Or speed it up by joining a union through the people you meet if you can socialize well.
>>
>>83748624
you're not ugly but you have no distinct features
>>
>>83748754
meant to quote
>>83747680
:^)
>>
File: unnamed.gif (1MB, 498x196px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.gif
1MB, 498x196px
>>83744784
Pffft
>>
>>83746910
I do photography as a side job
>>
you could skirt around the issue if you're an ugly gook by making retarded video games
>>
>>83744784
>get into the industry
Already tells us you're a fuck up. Only fuck ups want to get into the industry, normal people want to master their craft, geting into the industry is just a part of it
>>
File: kanna hrm.jpg (66KB, 546x618px) Image search: [Google]
kanna hrm.jpg
66KB, 546x618px
If you're a male actor do you still have to suck cock?
>>
>>83749985
>If you're a male actor do you still get to suck cock?
ftfy and yes
>>
Start attending services at a synagogue in Beverly Hills, start networking there and work your way up.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.