[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Showgirls a masterpiece?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

>Showgirls (1995), one of the great American films of the last few years. It’s Verhoeven’s best American film and his most personal. In Starship Troopers, he uses various effects to help everything go down smoothly, but he’s totally exposed in Showgirls. It’s the American film that’s closest to his Dutch work. It has great sincerity, and the script is very honest, guileless. It’s so obvious that it was written by Verhoeven himself rather than Mr. Eszterhas, who is nothing. And that actress is amazing! Like every Verhoeven film, it’s very unpleasant: it’s about surviving in a world populated by assholes, and that’s his philosophy. Of all the recent American films that were set in Las Vegas, Showgirls was the only one that was real – take my word for it.I who have never set foot in the place! -Jacques Rivette
>>
I thought it was the best movie ever when I first saw it when I was like 11.
>>
>>83744375
I know right?! So many boobies
>>
File: 1466118154019.jpg (174KB, 1533x961px) Image search: [Google]
1466118154019.jpg
174KB, 1533x961px
>Movie is about skinny white girls with no ass

Why would I even consider watching it?
>>
I've masturbated to this so many times
>>
nah it's fuckin stupid
>>
>>83745534
your fuckin stupid!
>>
>best American film
>not Robocop

Would NOT buy for a dollar
>>
>>83744037
anything by verhoeven is true kino
>>
>>83744037
my dick thought it was a masterpeice
>>
>>83745534
Ever hear of something called satire?
>>
>>83744037
It's an amazing movie.
>>
>heard it was shit
>finally watch it
>it's really enjoyable

surprised it's not more of a cult classic
>>
VH1 cgi underwear version > Theatrical release
>>
File: IMG_0232.gif (493KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0232.gif
493KB, 500x281px
>>83744037
In the some way, it is great film because it follows the foot steps of its kind predecessor which a country girl heading to the show town, then "WHAT ???". Due to the nature of the subject matter, it got rejected by the mass. I'm kinda curious how it get rejuvenated in the future.
>>
>>83746242
It is a cult classic for how shitty it is
>>
Yeah, it's brilliant. Robocop is still better though.
>>
>>83746326
that's typically how cult classics work, yeah
>>
>>83745474
Tits
>>
>burt reynolds in leather hat, waistcoat, boxer shorts, cowboy boots and nothing else but a liberal application of vaseline

BASED
A
S
E
D
>>
It used to be my go to movie to watch to get online sluts to fuck
>>
>>83746326
it's not shit, it's satire that's 2deep4u for most Americans
>>
I remember when I was a kid there was a billboard for Showgirls on the way to my grandparents' house. Whose home I would go there every day after school. It was great seeing this image 14 feet high and 48 feet wide. Great boner material for a few weeks.
>>
>tfw the black girl gets to meet that famous guy
>tfw he rapes her

I laughed pretty hard at how unexpected that was
>>
>>83746523
Blow me, faggot
>>
>>83744037
That blonde bitch went to my high school (north farmington).
>>
>>83746274
This.
>>
File: sp8.jpg (23KB, 815x369px) Image search: [Google]
sp8.jpg
23KB, 815x369px
There is no hope for you, OP. Now just relax.
>>83744037
>>
>>83746523
I don't understand how people couldn't pick up on the satire, it's a fucking Verhoeven film.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.