[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this good or is it just a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: archer_0.jpg (223KB, 612x380px) Image search: [Google]
archer_0.jpg
223KB, 612x380px
Is this good or is it just a meme?
>>
>>83743979
It has distinct dialogue that tends be packed with callbacks. It's a test of patience regardless of your preference, but when it's really good (Season 2-4) it's REALLY good. Tons of boring episodes, lots of wordplay.
>>
>>83743979
shouted quips: the show
>>
It's a meme. I lasted 2 minutes into the first episode because someone shilled it to me for like a year.
>>
>>83743979
up to season 4 is good, goes to shit from there
>>
Its a meme, the first couple seasons are barely alright, but as the show goes on, it basically just keeps quoting itself.
>>
Archer's cancer rampage is pretty great
>>
>this is how you get ants
>phrasing
>DANGER ZONE
>DUDE ALCOHOL LMAO

There's pretty much all of the shows jokes.
>>
>>83744957
I think this appeals to a exact person who has a group of friends who do call backs like "thats when Johnny spilled the beer haha"

>>83744076
I enjoyed the season where Tunt became a country singer, it felt like a good classic drama just with some callbacks and jokes.

I think that is where S8 is going with the Noir angle but its just a failure in every regard so far.
>>
>>83744957
This. Plus LAAANNAAAAA

show is garbage
>>
>>83743979
First couple seasons are great, then it becomes so repetitive it makes your head hurt.
>>
>>83743979
First few seasons were good.

I haven't watched it in years, the last time I did it felt like any shitty catchphrase driven sitcom.
>>
I'M YELLING SO THAT MEANS WHATEVER I'M SAYING IS FUNNY, LANA
>>
I've watched the whole thing with friends and loved it, there were multiple spots with out loud laughing in every episode I think.
It seems to be made as something you'd enjoy much more in a social environment.
Watching it on your own because you got it shilled to you will probably put you in the wrong mindframe to watch it though, and you're going to hate it because of how the jokes work (like you can see from the replies of this thread).

Crack open a cold one with the boys and watch it. Otherwise, don't I guess.
>>
MEOWSCHWITZ
>>
it's literally red dit
>>
>>83743979
first 3 reasons are really good.
I actually laughed loudly during a lot of episodes.
Fun to watch
>>
>Archer : OH IS THAT RIGHT?
>Character : Yeah it is..
>Archer : OH I TOTALLY DIDN"T KNOW THAT
>Lana : goddammit Archer
>OH I'M SORRY LAAAAAANA I DIDNT KNOW WE WERE SUPPOSED TO KNOW THIS
>Sheryl : derp derp
>Mom : Dammit Archer stop this nonsense and do your job.
>Archer : OH I'LL DO MY JOB ALRIGHT, IN THE.. danger zooooone
>everybody : sigh..

Its one of those shows that you watch once but neeeeeeeever again feel like rewatching.
>>
>>83743979

Season 4 it takes a nosedive but worth watching if you like stupid jokes and occasional clever ones too.

Frisky Dingo was so much better though, check it out
>>
When it's good it's really good. It gets very meme-y later on though, and sometimes even tries to have serious moments. The cancer rampage episode and the blimp episode are 10/10
>>
The less Cheryl or Pam are in the episode, the better it is. If they're on screen for over 50% it's absolute garbage
>>
>>83747039
Literally this. Every episode
>>
>>83743979
Best episode coming through!
>>
File: RNRKid2.jpg (30KB, 513x286px)
RNRKid2.jpg
30KB, 513x286px
>>83747706
Helps to include the file.
>>
>>83747742
Yea this was my favorite episode.
>>
>>83743979
Couldnt watch season 8
>>
>>83744116
This
>>
leave it
>>
>>83743979

I just with they had nudity.
>>
File: 1496590701259.png (47KB, 650x773px)
1496590701259.png
47KB, 650x773px
>>83748199
>ywn see the girls canon nipples
>>
>>83743979
Archer is like the friend you have that laughs at his own jokes, he's loud and obnoxious and is always cracking himself up but every now and then he says something funny. A little bit of him goes a long way though.
>>
>>83743979
I feel like the same people who like archer like how I met your mother.
>>
>>83743979
was pretty good, the last season was fucking terrible. theyre out of ideas and the creators have more or less come out and said this themselves. The noir theme was so wasted and the jokes were literally the same thing repeated by every character in each episode
>dude random autistic knowledge that everyone knows and repeats LMFAO
its a dead horse now and needs to be put out of its misery, which it is soon. I did like the 70s hollywood PI story and want to see it finsihed
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.