[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Life (2017) Is it worth a watch? Or just an Alien ripoff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Life_(2017_film).png (96KB, 220x326px) Image search: [Google]
Life_(2017_film).png
96KB, 220x326px
Life (2017)

Is it worth a watch? Or just an Alien ripoff
>>
Its a ripoff but still enjoyable, if anything for introducing a new monster you're not sure what exactly it's capable of
>>
Characters are more retarded than Prometheus and Covenant combined.
>>
It's not special but it's not terrible. Mildly entertaining but nothing really new. If you love astronaut sci fi space type stuff it's ok to sit through.
>>
>>83742624
>if anything for introducing a new monster you're not sure what exactly it's capable of
talk about a missed opportunity

but then again, the thing was panned initially too
>>
Planet Earth > Life
>>
>>83742586
it's shit desu, good concept, terrible execution
also the most obvious """twist""" I've ever seen
>>
it's an alien ripoff yes, but it's quite good anyway, if you just want entertainment, watch it, but don't expect more
>>
>>83742586
can anyone give me a torrent ? i can't find one
>>
>>83742586
It's okay. Better than every Alien movie since Aliens.
>>
>>83742586
That scene where the Sojuz docks and floaty fucks em all up in the background.
pretty enjoyable desu
>>
It's almost completely an Alien ripoff, except they didn't rip off the stuff that actually makes Alien good. It's not terrible, just mediocre.
>>
They are all more stupid than the prometheus crew.
>>
>>83744025
The twist being obvious doesn't make it bad. The movie should be commended for unapologetically committing to it. Plus the music during that last scene was just perfect.
>>
>>83742586
Its good, I would give it a 7/10. The main problem the movie has is that the few mistakes it makes are huge as fuck and you cant pass them as production issues or the like. Sort of example
>quality movie scale, 0 to 100, as the movie goes on
>70
>64
>75
>0
>67
>78
>0
And so on. Overall good movie, but when it drops the ball, it does so hard. Also somewhat satisfactory ending, obvious as fuck but it was okay.
>>
>>83742936
We live safe lives far removed from such a hypothetical scenario as the premise of this movie. We can sit on our couch and look on with cold, detached logic at situations like this and other horror/sci-fi movies and say that the characters are dumb and we would act much more logically.

But the truth is we'd fair no better than these "dumb" characters. We'd freeze with fear or do something stupid in the face of unknown horrors.
>>
>>83749208
they're astronauts you twat, they're not scared easily
imagine how panicked you would be if you were in space and your helmet started to fill with water, that happened to this dude and he kept his cool the whole time
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/01/15/spacewalk-aborted-after-water-leaks-into-astronauts-helmet/78852104/
I could forgive the actions of the crewmembers if they were teenagers but these are grown ass men acting like children because the plot demands it
>>
Just watch Europa Report tbf.
>>
>>83742586
Better than I was expecting in all honesty, and admittedly have a bit of a man-crush for Jake Gyllenhaal.

That guy can grow a fantastic beard.
>>
File: 20170601_202342.png (346KB, 851x542px)
20170601_202342.png
346KB, 851x542px
So how did the fishermen get into deep space?
>>
>>83749485
that was a single bubble, in the movie she was literally drowning
>>
>>83749485
Ok, good point and good real life example of someone maintaining composure in the face of what could've been certain death. But there are also many examples of professionals of all kinds that don't keep calm, cool, and collected in life or death situations.
>>
>>83742586
Stupid stupid stupid. Painfully.

But OK when compared to standard horror/suspense movies.

Film rating: 3/10
Horror film rating: 6.5/10
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.