[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck was this movie all about anyway?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: donnie-darkooo.jpg (29KB, 702x336px) Image search: [Google]
donnie-darkooo.jpg
29KB, 702x336px
What the fuck was this movie all about anyway?
>>
time travel
>>
Sci fi flick about time travel that goths and fags misconstrued as 2deep.
>>
It's not as deep as you think
>>
Preventing the destrucion of the universe.
>>
>>83742030
Wave function collapse in a quantum universe
>>
>>83742030
realigning two timelines
>>
Its about an edgy schizo kid whos disillusions are trying to tell him, the world would be better without him
>>
>>83742030
dude weed lmao
>>
It's a coming of age story with a twist :^)
>>
The movie really doesn't make much sense and the director that did it basically made a good movie by coincidence.
>>
>>83742030
It's about showing Donnie the life he would have had if he didn't die.

That's the twist and it's pretty much it.
>>
File: just kill me.jpg (36KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
just kill me.jpg
36KB, 482x427px
>tfw no autistic girlfriend to be ran over by a truck after seeing you being beaten by bullies
>>
>>83742030
About being epic.

Epic, for the win.
>>
>>83742030
Time being a flat circle. True detective season 1 was a prequel to this.
>>
>>83742030
who is that strange character in the middle with the giant head
>>
Child molestation mostly. /tv/ types soak up the subtext without acknowledging it.
>>
>>83742030
Physics and shit
A new time line is created because of an incident, alot of powers beyond the control of characters enforce their will through them to make certain things happen and trick Ronnie or whatever his name was into fixing the time line by deleting the universe in which he survived, going back to the original time line where he died

Alot of the movie is explained in the book the crazy lady wrote, and none of that is explained in the movie
>>
>>83742442
If I recall correctly the director even admitted that the film doesn't fully make sense.
>>
>>83743405
>Child molestation

You have my attention. Tell me more
>>
>>83742030
Introducing Echo and the Bunnymen to millenials.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWz0JC7afNQ
>>
>>83743453
MemberĀ“ the author of the motivational books?
>>
It's a film you enjoy feeling, but don't think about too hard. A sort of post-dramatic mainstream kind of thing.

Well the theatrical cut is anyway. The director's cut is just dumb.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.