[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does he have such a record of consistently good movies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

How does he have such a record of consistently good movies?
>>
>>83734864
>Memoirs of an Invisible Man
>Village of the Damned
>Escape from LA
>Vampires
>Ghosts of Mars
>The Ward
>good movies
>>
Post your favs my lads

>mouth of madness is my fav
>>
>>83734932
someone didn't get Escape from LA I see
>>
>>83734932
Yeah, he really went off the rails as the 90's wore on.
>>
>>83734932
fuck you and your shitty fun hating bait
>>
>>83735022
I "get" it. It just sucks. The music sucks, the special effects suck, the pacing sucks.
>>
File: 1496678706420.jpg (23KB, 367x420px) Image search: [Google]
1496678706420.jpg
23KB, 367x420px
>>83734932
>Vampires

Get fucked you fuckin nerd
>>
>>83735054
>Memoirs of an Invisible Man
>Village of the Damned
>Escape from LA
>Vampires
>Ghosts of Mars
>The Ward
>fun
>>
File: image.png (471KB, 1023x582px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
471KB, 1023x582px
>>83735008
The Thing is my personal favourite, but ITMOM is a close second. It really captures the Lovecraftian tone a lot of his and his imitators movies try to achieve without being too over the top
>>
>>83735089
it's shit
>>
>>83735089
James Woods is fun. The rest of the movie is a slog.
>>
>>83735109
you have my pity if you couldn't appreciate escape from la
>>
>>83734932
He was like 9 for 9 before that including some of the most influential and revered movies of all time so I don't really know what that's supposed to mean.
>>
>>83735008
Assault on Precinct 13 and Escape from NY for me. I generally love dark and gritty movies more than fantasy/horror stuff although i love his apocalypse trilogy.
>>
>>83734864

The man has some of my all time favourite movies but he has some real stinkers as well.
>>
>>83735274
OP asked a question:
>How does he have such a record of consistently good movies?

Carpenter has not been consistent. Sorry if that's too complicated for you to comprehend.
>>
>>83735402
Sorry if 9 for 9 is too complicated for you to understand. Go backwards from where you started your list and you have a run of movies that will probably never be touched by any other director.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.