[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In the jungle you must wait, until

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

In the jungle you must wait, until
>>
>rich, sheltered 13yo dweeb somehow survives 26 years in the jungle

Bravo Nolan
>>
>>83715996
this. by far the most unrealistic part of the movie
>>
>>83715996
He wasn't much of an outgoing kid, so he may have spent his time reading books and such and picked up some knowledge that way.

Otherwise yeah, bit stupid how he somehow managed to survive despite how dangerous Jumanji apparently is
>>
>>83716425
Congrats on escaping the game.

Now I roll to escape
>>
>>83716544
Sweet dubs.

Gonna roll again.
>>
God this movie was terrifying
>>
>>83715917
The game says fuck my face
>>
i doubt he would have actually died. some deus ex machina would show up and he would escape.
>>
loli dunst was patrician dunst
>>
>>83715917
Does it ever actually say that the jungle is dangerous though?
He comes out wearing a hat made of leaves if I remember correctly.
It's a fucking long time to spend in there, I get that, but I don't remember it saying it was dangerous, all the other dangerous shit comes out of the board when you roll certain numbers.

He could have just been in a rainforest or something similar for 26 years.
>>
>>83717102
He knows what most of the shit that comes out is though and his hat is a fucking stingray
>>
>>83717102
>just been in a rainforest

A rainforest is not some tropical resort hotel. Literally everything is trying to kill you.
>>
>>83715996
he adapted
>>
>>83715996
why do we fall pham?
>>
>>83715917
>monkey cgi
>>
>>83717617
it's supposed to look cartoony, the lion was made with le practical effects and also looks retarded.
>>
>>83717795
agreed
>>
>>83717102
Everything in the movie comes from inside the game.
>>
>>83715996
Didn't Van Pelt teach him how to survive?
>>
>>83718116
No apparetly he was being hunted by him, possibly like 'the most dangerous game' style.

van pelt was really just a manifestation of his dad anyways (hunter from the darkest wild makes you feel just like a child)

honestly im impressed how they shoved in so much symbolism and character development from what is essentially a short story book.
>>
>>83718190
>board game that manifests your wildest dreams and fears into borderline suicidal challenges
Stealth high concept.
>>
>>83718190

Reading the Van Pelt part was the only time that Robin Williams' character went from "that is scary but I've dealt with it before and can handle it" to genuine terror
>>
>>83718190
I didn't even realize that Van Pelt was the same actor as his dad until like 10 years after the movie came out.
>>
>>83718190

>van pelt was really just a manifestation of his dad anyways

Literally, it was the same actor
>>
>>83716032
I found it more unrealistic that a black cobbler managed to become a cop
>>
File: 1483681578622.png (12KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1483681578622.png
12KB, 500x500px
>>83718344

> Alan comes back as a child
> Tells his dad about his fuckup with the machine
> DAG ends up refining his shoe design
> Invents the sneaker instead of that faggot Phil Knight
> Parish Shoes becomes the number 1 shoe company in the world instead of Nike
> Alan inherits the company from his father
> At the end of the movie during the Christmas party he and his wife are multi-billionaires
> Niggers in the ghetto shoot each other for brand new pairs of Parishes instead of Nikes

What an interesting timeline that would be
>>
>>83718552
theres essentially 3 timelines in this movie

>original timeline
alan doesnt tell his dad about the shoes
he runs away and comes back, hates his dad still

>jumanji timeline
parrish shoes shuts down
dad dies of sadness
everyone thinks the girl is crazy

>new timeline
tells dad about shoes
makes amends with his dad
ffw 26 years, dad still alive
parrish shoes still successful
>>
>>83715996
He was supposed to WAIT in the jungle until the condition was fulfilled. He can't wait if he dies, so the game made sure he followed the rules.
>>
>>83719172
>>83715996
yes but ideally the other players would keep playing immediately, so you might only be in the jungle for 20 minutes. it wasnt supposed to happen that you'd abandon the game for 26 yhears
>>
>>83715917

you reply to this bait
>>
Do you think he actually gets sucked into another dimension where its just jungle forever, or do you think it just teleported him to the amazon?
>>
>>83716975
Ok
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.