[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

True detective S2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

File: TDBar640.jpg (54KB, 640x332px) Image search: [Google]
TDBar640.jpg
54KB, 640x332px
So, it wasn't as good as season 1 but it was damn good. Whats with the hate my niggers?
>>
>>83703516
People expected way too much,I was also one of them. I mean for god sakes,Pizza said that he will go into the dark,occult history of transportation in america and we ended up with Vince Vaughn using a word a day calendar and a cop caricature that works for him.
>>
It's good but season 1 set the bar way too high.
>>
>tfw no more Vinceposting threads
>>
>>83703551
Dude Collin Ferral was fucking AWESOME.
>>
>>83704518
yep, but td2 was a junk drawer that didn't know what it was supposed to be.
>>
Too many characters
Convoluted plot

S1 worked so well because it highly developed a small group of characters working on a fairly straightforward mystery.
>>
script felt rushed and full of unnecessary characters like the gay cop. It also lacked the top notch production quality of the first season.
>>
File: i_could_be_operating-right_now.gif (2MB, 700x387px) Image search: [Google]
i_could_be_operating-right_now.gif
2MB, 700x387px
>>83704592
>unnecessary characters like the gay cop
>hating on the best character
>>
>>83703516
If you liked this you have complete shit taste.
>>
>>83704589

Convoluted plots are a staple of the noir genre, so I'm really not concerned about that. But the point of convoluted plots are that it leads the hard-boiled protagonists to have witty dialogue with interesting characters in varied settings. However the dialogue is just terrible, only two of the protagonists are very interesting (Vince Vaughn would probably be great if we didn't focus on him so damn much) and I don't remember anything about any side characters. S2 has the appearance of a gritty (neo-)noir story, but it doesn't understand what makes the genre appealing.
>>
Most of the acting was total shit, particularly the side characters.

Compare Charlie from S1 to characters like The Mayor.
>>
>>83703516

its literally pleb filter like the new season of twin peaks
>>
They could have taken out pretty much the whole Rachel macadamia dad/sister part and streamlined the season or dedicate more time to other more important things. But instead we got a whole episode worth of pointless shit like Vince Vaughn staring at the ceiling because he can't have a kid and Rachel visiting a hippie convent to find some obscure solution to a minor problem.
Also the gay cop blackmail stuff was stupid as hell and I hated Colin Ferrell character. His son was the best part of the season
>>
>>83705997
>His son was the best part of the season

T. Fat Pussy
>>
>>83703516
people on 4chan have a tendency to call everything that was below expectations "shit". and the expectations were ridiculously high that time
>>
>>83705961
Man you are such a contrarian faggot.

>>83705097
I hope your mother dies of cancer.
>>
>>83705097
You probably enjoy Snyder flicks dont you? And sucking on the penises of young white men.
>>
>>83707377
Only melanin-enriched men, tough luck pal.
>>
It was good, in some ways better than S1, but there was a lot going on, a few too many arcs and trivial scenes. S1 was a 9/10, S2 an 8/10 or at least a hard 7.
>>
>>83707496
I agree.

>>83705961
You're kind of a faggot, huh?
>>
>>83703516
people were expecting the crime to be the thing that pulled the show, when it was really the characters and their development. but i think that was the main reason people liked the first season. i guess they didnt like the characters.
>>
>>83703551
>dark,occult history of transportation in america

I was honestly looking forward to this.
>>
>>83703551
>>83704588
I agree with these two folks.

It looked like there were 8 different plot lines. The sex, hooker mansion, was subpar. The two orphans who somehow were murderers. Also the fact that the California setting is boring compared to TD season 1 setting
>>
>>83704592
>gay cop
his story wasnt convuluted at all though. if you had to trim the fat from this show i would cut vince vaugns entire story and expand more on gay operator cop.
>>
>>83707824

Not his whole story, but they really could have done without all the wife/trying to have a kid shit.

He's trying to get out of the business. That's really all you need. His wife really added nothing to the story.
>>
>>83707992
Agreed. Id love to sniff that wifes pooper though.
>>
File: jessica-biel-bikini-ass.jpg (25KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
jessica-biel-bikini-ass.jpg
25KB, 800x500px
>>83703516
>monaghan
>mcadams

What ass would you like to see in S3. I hope it's Biel.
>>
File: christina-hendricks.jpg (59KB, 560x375px) Image search: [Google]
christina-hendricks.jpg
59KB, 560x375px
>>83708946
I say Christina Hendricks.
>>
>>83707675
Same here. That description got me all excited. Wonder what happened to that idea and why they changed it.
>>
>>83707377
>Looks like ya suckin a robots dick
>>
>>83706955
Whatever you say Nic
>>
>>83705997
The 'Do you wanna watch friends?' scene was hysterical. Horrific casting.

I'd argue s2 was pretty good, had some good characters and memorable scenes Vince Vaughn hallucinating as he dies, Colin Farrell getting absolutely fucked up, gay cop.

But it was an absolute mess. Not a good mess like Fleetwood Mac's Tusk but a mess like Terrence Malick's output this century. Too many characters, too many aimless subplots, having no central theme or mission for the characters, Rachel McAdams.

Did spawn Vinceposting. Which was a funny meme that still pops up every now and again.
>>
File: IMG_0585.gif (951KB, 500x175px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0585.gif
951KB, 500x175px
>>83703516
How about her !!!
>>
>>83712507
No thanks
>>
>>83703516
they had a pretty good slow burn build up to an interconnected mystery that involved the fates of all 4 main characters and then fucked up the conclusion
>>
>>
based maads would be ideal, jake gyllenhaal would be good too
>>
Entire season wasy gay as fuck
Watch Colin Farrell threaten a kid and you've seen the only redeeming scene of the show
>>
>>83703516
Watching S2 week by week was boring as absolute fuck. I havent watched it all in one go, but I do reckon its pretty good binge watching
>>
>>83703516
it's literally just 10 episodes of "being an adult with responsibilities is shit and I wanna kill myself everyday". s1 weakest parts (the first few episodes) were that too, but it got a lot better and Cohle was a genuinely interesting character.
>>
>>83703516
It gets a lot of hate because it's an entirely different premise.

>two characters
>entire series is a vehicle to perform a study of them over a several decade long timespan
>little to no deviation in terms of sub-plots; entire series is about two guys solving a case
>paranormal elements that add to the intrigue without leaving the realm of plausibility
>big bad guy is ultimately irrelevant

vs

>four characters, each of which tries to get equal screen time
>each character has multiple sub-plots (velcoro alone deals with his father, his ex-wife, his possible bastard, bezzerides, semyon, his superiors, his mob associates...)
>majority of screen time is spent on things entirely unrelated to the murder case (woodrugh doing gay cop stuff and being outed, velcoro struggling with visitation rights for his kid, bezzerides having to deal with her father, sister, and lover instead of actually working on the case)
>no interesting paranormal angle, just a generic russian mob story

S1 is some of the best TV ever made. S2 doesn't even come close.
>>
File: rust shooting at god.webm (3MB, 1278x718px) Image search: [Google]
rust shooting at god.webm
3MB, 1278x718px
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>83713090
Hear me out. Micheal Keaton and Glenn Howerton. Keaton as superstitious detective veteran and Howerton as the rookie straight man.
>>
>>83703516
I do not like either of the actors where in S1 I liked both of them.
>>
>>83705369
>and I don't remember anything about any side characters
How can you forget the drunk mayor? best actor in the whole damn show
>>
File: 1436986313098.jpg (51KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1436986313098.jpg
51KB, 640x640px
Some people say it's not the size of the boat but rather the motion of the ocean. Well guess what, Ray? I can't even swim. Never even had a bath.
>>
>>83716734
You know what they say, keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Well guess what, Ray? My enemies can smell what kind sauce I like with my mcnuggets, and I haven't been to mcdonalds in years.
>>
>>83703551
>"It's a dog eat dog world. And I'm the Fucking chinaman... Caspere knew this."

What did Pizzaman mean by this?
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.