[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good film noir?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Ataturk with fedora.png (70KB, 243x324px) Image search: [Google]
Ataturk with fedora.png
70KB, 243x324px
What are some good film noir?
>>
File: Do_the_Right_Thing_poster.png (166KB, 220x325px) Image search: [Google]
Do_the_Right_Thing_poster.png
166KB, 220x325px
>>
>>83701701
I would rather have something from at the earliest the 50's but thanks anyway.
>>
Touch of Evil
Double Indemnity
Mildred Pierce
Sunset Boulevard
The Big Sleep
Laura
Vertigo (although in colour so?)

I've got a few neo-noir recommendations if you're not a film noir purist.
>>
>>83701855
Nice ones even though I have seen all but vertigo, will add that one to my list.
Also I want to go through the classics before I go on to neo-noir.
>>
Why can't Turks make a good movie about Ataturk? He seems like a pretty based guy.
>>
>>83702085
There is a pretty good one named veda or 'goodbye' but its in turkish so you should find som subs for it.
>>
>>83702156
Do you know the directors name? Would be much easier to find it that way. Also how did Turkey turn into such a shithole despite having that sort of beginning?
>>
>>83702252
It was made by Zülfü Livaneli, this guy is a pretty well known artist in turkey doing poetry and stuff like that.
Also turkey never could catch a break.
After ataturk passed on WW2 started with both sides trying to pull turkey towards them, then the cold war started of which turkey was sort of a frontline with communists and facists killing eachother and wanting to topple the government after that a bad economic crisis happened which allowed people like Erdogan to take power by promising to fix the economy which he did with a huge real estate bubble.
Also a large minority of the kurds still want to have their own country.
>>
>>83702085
he was a homosexual
>>
>>83702403
Proof?
Besides it wouldn't matter.
>>
>>83702365
Man, that's fucked up. Are you Turkish by any chance? Do Turks still fall for Erdoğans bullshit? Is he practically a Putin 2.0 at this point?
>>
>>83701674
Sunset Boulevard
Double Indemnity
The Third Man

Anti-recommendations (boring):
The Big Sleep
The Maltese Falcon
Chinatown
>>
>>83702496
Yeah I am anyway half the population loves him which are mostly the conservative and the poor while the other half hates him which are mostly liberals, democrats and the nationalists who want the country to distance itself from the arabs and be close to the other turks like azerbaijan for example.

>>83702570
>the big sleep
>boring

Thanks anon even if you triggered me.
I haven't watched the third man or Chinatown yet.
>>
Chinatown
The Third Man
Le Samourai
L.A. Confidential
Sunset Boulevard
>>
>>83702632
>L.A. Confidential
So boring I forgot to mention it in my boring noir list.
>>
>>83702657
IMDB and RT have fucking high ratings for it though.
>>
>>83702603
Thanks for the info, best of luck in the future, I hope your country sees better days.
>>
>>83702691
And they have low ratings for the funniest comedy of all time (Freddy Got Fingered), so you can't trust them.
>>
>>83702710
Thanks anon it will probably pass somewhere in the future but till then it will suck.
>>
>>83702691
If you haven't seen L.A. Confidential you need to now. It's a modern classic and as good as the critics indicate.
>>
>>83702910
Ok I'll watch it seems really good.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.