[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>introduce the main villian >10 minutes later he is dead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 254
Thread images: 28

File: JL_Wonder_Woman.jpg (162KB, 628x860px) Image search: [Google]
JL_Wonder_Woman.jpg
162KB, 628x860px
>introduce the main villian
>10 minutes later he is dead
>>
>>83686820
Yeah, this movie has some serious paicing problems
>>
>>83686820
thats like saying Gozer was only introduced in the last 20 minutes of Ghostbusters.

really reaching for something ain't yeah, marvel Paki?
>>
>>83686820
This is what Marvelcucks actually believe
>>
>>83686820
Mousketeers on full shill force this month.
>>
>>83686820
Big budget action movies are basically Power Rangers at this point. Both the main heroes and villains are insanely overpowered, so they have a dumb reason to keep them apart until the end, then they fight and it's over.
>>
>>83687205
Reaching for that mouse cock
>>
>>83686820
>time for a dance off
>>
File: gal.webm (186KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
gal.webm
186KB, 720x404px
>>83686820
>ares
>dead

>not realizing the real villain of the movie was mankind and all of its hatred
>>
>>83686820
ares is literally given an origin story in the first 5 minutes
>>
The ending had three problems:
>why did Ares have that shitty scrap metal armor instead of badass greek shit with real weapons (he had this stuff in the comics even)
>why did her sword break? it seems like they were trying to avoid having to coordinate sword fight scenes, which is a shame because the cgi flinging magic shit at each other looked terrible
>her father Zeus couldn't fucking kill Ares but somehow she could? Why not just seal him away again or whatever, and leave it open for a WWII sequel or something.
>>
>>83688842
>Gal will NEVER look at me like that
;_; it hurts so much bros
>>
>>83688842
She might be as flat a board but damn she has a nice smile

That face just exudes happiness
>>
>>83689067
>>her father Zeus couldn't fucking kill Ares but somehow she could?

I guess Zeus weakened Ares and making a new person with his powers would refresh them somehow and Diana would be OP.

Also at the end when Ares says "the child he had WITH" Diana's mom, does that mean that they banged and the clay story was a lie like in New 52?
>>
>>83690621
She says "goodbye brother", and Zeus loves to bang everything he sees so they're probably going with the new story.
>>
>>83688842
>186KB

couldn't you make the web any worse?
thanks yify!
>>
>>83686820
She's just that good. ^.^
>>
>>83688842
>Dat post pregnancy fat on her arms

HHNNGGGGG
>>
Technically he was introduced in the second act.
>>
>>83686820
>Dead
>WW2 still around the corner
nope
>>
Something I wasn't clear on, I seem to remember other versions of this story Ares actually drew power from war, it actually made him more powerful the more violent and hateful mankind became. I'm not really big into comic lore though so I dunno if I'm mis-remembering that. Could explain why he was able to overpower the other gods and fight Zeus to a stalemate though.
>>
>>83691320
Making her a demigod is a convenient way to explain her powers I guess.
>>
>>83689067
>>her father Zeus couldn't fucking kill Ares but somehow she could? Why not just seal him away again or whatever, and leave it open for a WWII sequel or something

Zeus made her with the ability to be able to beat Ares. That was the whole point of the godkiller sword misdirect. The sword was not the weapon, Diana was the weapon.
>>
>>83691906
That was a pretty obvious twist though. They go out of the way to say that she was a gift from Zeus and then tell us about how "Zeus left us a weapon to defeat Ares" and we already know she has superpowers while most Amazons obviously didn't. Not hard to add up even if you know dick about comics.
>>
This "antagonist" meme needs to end. You can have a conflict in a film that doesn't involve a physical threat. The villain in these films doesn't have to be some sort of foil of the protagonist, it can be something like the setting itself going against the hero's line of thought (ie. Civil War, Wonder Woman)
>>
>>83689067
>sword breaks in 1917 in WW
>she uses the exact same sword on 2016 to fight doomsday
BRAVO SNYDER
>>
>>83691945
Or even if you don't know dick about the comics. 'The power was in you the entire time' is one of the oldest storytelling conventions in the book.

What annoyed me the most was the portrayal of WWI Germans as basically Nazis, even though their goals were in actuality no better or worse than anyone else's.
>>
>>83691992
Civil War was dogshit though
>>
>>83692057
I had heard their portrayal was like that but it didn't seem that unfair to me. Germany was one of the major aggressors in the war so it makes sense that an American working for the Brits would see them as "the bad guys" as he puts it. And Diana whose only knowledge of the war is filtered through Trevor's perspective would come to see them that way too. I thought the ending scene where the German soldiers took off their helmets and masks and grieved over their dead, and Trever's group came together with them, was a good way to humanize them after 2 hours of treating them like stock bad guys.
>>
>>83692205
>humanize them
That shit was just awful.
>>
>>83692263
I don't get the complaints then. First it's bad because the Germans are made to be orcs essentially, then it's bad when they're made into ordinary people?
>>
>>83691992
That kind of conflict doesn't make for a very satisfying opening movie for a character though. There was a point in the film where they could have gone down that road after she killed Ludendorf, but they chose to rein it back in and give her a villain to clobber.
>>
>>83692263
Are you retarded?
>>
>>83692306
Frankly, the Amazons were worse, being antagonistic and then opening fire on the Germans in the beginning with no provocation.
>>
>>83692057
if they didn't want to be portrayed as the bad guys for all eternity they shouldn't have invented those spiky hats
>>
So why did Diana decide to abandon humanity for 100 or so years after she had just told Ares she chooses love and believes in humans.
>>
>>83692380
They're a warrior culture and their island refuge was being invaded.
>>
File: Vlcsnap-2016-11-03-18h10m10s002.png (390KB, 1278x539px) Image search: [Google]
Vlcsnap-2016-11-03-18h10m10s002.png
390KB, 1278x539px
Isabel Maru did nothing wrong.
>>
>>83692057
>the portrayal of WWI Germans as basically Nazis
Only Ludendorf was, and if you take in consideration which historical figure he was based on, it makes sense.
Didn't you see that scene where the German commanders were trying to negotiate peace and Ludendorf killed them?
And, in the other hand, they showed the British commanders as total douchebags.
I think that, considering it's just a superhero blockbuster, it was pretty fair and subtle in the treatment of its characters (for instance, that scene with the Chief explaining Diana that Steve's people took his land from him, that avoided turning into some preachy monologue).
>>
>>83692380
>with no provocation.
They were armed and invading their island.
>>
>>83692016
Except you're completely wrong you blind autist.
>>
>>83692444
Some ships full of men who were lost washed up on their shores, and instead of active like proper Greek hosts and showing Xenia (hospitality) as was required by *all* Greek gods, they instead decide to rain fire arrows down on these poor bewildered men and start a big battle in the beach. Fuck those Amazons.
>>
>>83692492
Yeah I thought it tread around some delicate issues very well. Ludendorf and the creepy chemist lady were the only really "evil" Germans I can remember seeing and I thought Ludendorf was Ares for most of the movie so that explained why he was such a cunt. That reveal was actually a real surprise to me, though I thought something was up after how anticlimactic his death scene was. The rest were just sort of faceless soldiers until the very end.
>>
File: wonder_woman.jpg (359KB, 628x860px) Image search: [Google]
wonder_woman.jpg
359KB, 628x860px
>She will never crush your head like a walnut in between her thighs
>>
File: 1475265547033.png (245KB, 450x349px) Image search: [Google]
1475265547033.png
245KB, 450x349px
>>83692589
>that pic
>>
>>83692492
Ludenhorf would have been detained the second he murdered another German officer in front of a bunch of other people.
>>
>>83692568
It is forbidden by law for any man to set foot on Themiscyra. Just by being there, they were sentenced to death. Protecting the secrecy of their island is of paramount importance to the Amazons. The only reason they didn't execute Steve Trevor as well is because of Diana's interference, and the fact that they wanted to question him.

Also they were obviously an armed party, they were invaders by the reckoning of the Amazons.
>>
File: WW 24V3.jpg (622KB, 1297x1569px) Image search: [Google]
WW 24V3.jpg
622KB, 1297x1569px
I hated Ares so much it ruined the movie for me. He isnt a super badass in the comics but he is cool looking and pretty menacing.
>I dont want to destroy humans, I want to convince them to destroy themselves, dont you see im the good guy?
fucking awful motivation. If he's not going to be a good character he should be cool, instead he is well kept middle aged british man. When he started shouting "I WILL DESTROY YOU" I literally fucking chuckled. Jesus christ what a let down.

>>83692472
Didnt she though? The film was unclear whether or not she was evil or being manipulated by Ares. If evil she was an awful character, if manipulated her confrontation with Wonder Woman (where they just stare at each other then she dies) was totally meaningless. In my head I was thinking the movie was going for the manipulation aspect and we would get a classic Wonder Woman forgiveness hug but she just explodes and thats it for her character.
>>
File: 1496854787261.jpg (106KB, 584x732px) Image search: [Google]
1496854787261.jpg
106KB, 584x732px
Just came back from the movie. So this movie has a very high rating on rotten tomato yet its shit. Does this prove the agenda pushing is real?
>>
File: 1496778171335.jpg (859KB, 2409x1077px) Image search: [Google]
1496778171335.jpg
859KB, 2409x1077px
>>83692589
I prefer some of the other Amazonians more tbqh
>>
>>83686820
Did she bomb him with white phosphorus?
>>
>>83692492
Thats another problem I have with it. Those two are the only real evil germans, we aren't given a reason to hate the german soldiers Wonder Woman slaughters aside from real world history that I, and many others dont know. Maybe one scene where the soldiers looked up to Dr Poison would of done the job but they come off as just as evil as any other side of the war.
>>
>>83692651
>in front of a bunch of other people.
Who?
>>
>>83692691
You should go with the Users Score instead.

Wait, that's also higher than your favorite Marvel movie?

Well then, I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>yay we killed ares now we will have peace forever!
>ww2 happens
>>
>>83692751

but I hate marvel
>>
>>83692702
wow I didn't know Chloe Moretz was in Wonder Woman
>>
>>83692759
>wow I cant wait to see why Wonder Woman stopped doing anything for a hundred years till BvS
>speech about love and being heroic
>defeats ares
>stops doing anything after this
>doesnt return to themyscira
Its not a bad movie it just had a lot of little things that annoyed me.
>>
>>83692733
>we aren't given a reason to hate the german soldiers Wonder Woman slaughters
You missed the story about what was going on in that town she liberated?
I'm not saying it was a totally balanced movie, but in several moments they sort of broke that image of the Germans as proto-nazis that should be killed anyway, mostly at the end. It surprised they even made an effort to somewhat humanize them and also throw some shit towards the British and Americans considering the kind of movie it is.
>>
>>83692851
No you're right, it just seems like that kind of thing was happening on all sides of the war so we needed to extra hate the germans.
>>
>>83692833
That's because they're obviously slowly steering away from Snyder's clusterfuck.

>>83692759
It's almost as if you completely missed the whole point of the movie.
>>
>>83692833
>wow I cant wait to see why Wonder Woman stopped doing anything for a hundred years till BvS
?
What was that final scene all about then?
>>
>>83692927
That's obviously set after BvS you fucking idiot. How else would she know Bruce Wayne?
>>
>>83692927
You tell me, because it came off as an origin setup for her to continue being Wonder Woman after said scene. Unless you mean the future scene which was...obviously in the future.
>>
>>83686820
Ares was such a shoehorned villain, honestly the movie would have been better without him in it
>>
>>83692918
Well, they needed a reason for that action scene, but she was never about killing Germans but killing Ares and stopping the war. It was actually a moment where she left aside her mission because she really felt the need to help those people, even though until then she was complaining about every little detour they took.
At the end, I think most of the audience feels that the villains weren't the Germans but Ares, Ludendorf and Maru, and that was a good thing.
>>
>>83692920
The point was that it was pointless. Ares did nothing.
>>
>>83692833
I can't wait for them to retcon this shit from BvS so they can make a WW sequel
>>
>>83693273
Not pointless. Ares did influence them and pushed them towards war, but it wasn't all him. She realizes mankind is capable of both the best and worst action under the right or wrong influences. That's why the whole "she gave up on mankind" thing makes no sense, and why I think they're gonna slowly slip that one under the rug.
With Whedon in charge of JL now, I think they're just trying to get rid of Snyder and his plans once and for all.
>>
>>83692833

You really couldn't wait for a movie about a hero giving up? You really thought this was gonna be it?
That was just Snyder thinking he was being so mature and cool by basically destroying all the characters he's touching upon, without having anything interesting to say and without taking in account these are big budget movies that actually need some sort of general appeal and make money.
He's one of those guys who read Watchmen and thought Rorschach was cool and edgy, and wanted to be like him when he grew up.
>>
Bad guy was war itself, without Ared the pointlessness of WW1 becomes clear and people stop fighting. Pay attention next time, this isn't a marlel flick
>>
File: Steve Rude.jpg (1MB, 938x1250px) Image search: [Google]
Steve Rude.jpg
1MB, 938x1250px
>>83693476
>>83693414
I am hipster man who liked Wonder Woman before it was cool, so yes I thought deconstructing her in this film by the end was going to be interesting. It woulda been fine if they ignored the bvs ties but they still included the future scenes
>>
>>83692833
>thinking there won't be a sequel after /ourgal/ BTFOing Winter Soldier and GotG1 with less budget and marketing
>>
>>83687997
>overpowered meme
God all these new capeshit tards just dredge up long dead opinions.
>>
You know those shitposts where people go
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
with a webm or picture?
That's how I felt several times during this movie, I had to stop myself from laughing
>when they make a shield for her to fucking boost and take out a sniper
>bad guy just appears in an opposing building
>lupin grows armor and swords from fire
>the ending shot where wonder woman is leaping towards the camera
>>
>>83693561
Yeah, because they still want the Extended Universe money.
And I always liked WW so the last thing I wanted for her first movie was to be some edgy shit born out of Zack Snyder's stupidity.
>>
Good cam when? 123's is shit.
>>
File: 1496615382327.webm (3MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
1496615382327.webm
3MB, 900x506px
>>83693592
this scene
>>
>>83693639
I fucking hate Johns for shoving this shitty scene in every single piece of media he can. He's like Jon Peters and his fucking spider at this point.
>>
>>83693569
I assume a sequel will be in a contemporary setting, something makes me doubt they will elaborate on why she gave up and do another historical movie. They are a bit limited since they established she made a life for herself and became wealthy.
>>
>>83693639
Top cute, cereal king does it again. 7/10 movie by the way, just like the critics are saying. On par with Logan and better than Guardians 2
>>
File: 1441800233528.jpg (2MB, 2063x3131px) Image search: [Google]
1441800233528.jpg
2MB, 2063x3131px
>>83693629
I wonder if Zack "the hack" sat down with Patty Jenkins and tried to sway her decisions
>Wonder Woman, brought to you by Zack Snyder

>>83693706
>7/10
yikes, dangerously low standards there my friend. In terms of just, movie making, having fleshed out characters, a plot that ties everything neatly together, and a satisfying third act, on top of the director having his own actual style, I dont see how someone could say WW is better than GotG2 which I loved. But im a comic nerd so that is my bias.
>>
>>83693795
>I wonder if Zack "the hack" sat down with Patty Jenkins and tried to sway her decisions
Well, the visuals in the climax reeked of Zack Snyder (specially that Christian imagery out of fucking nowhere), so I guess he did have some input after all.
>>
>>83693639
Gal gadot couldn't act to save her goddamn life, christ
>>
>>83688598
>save MARTHA!!!
>>
>>83693795
Because it had a clearer plot, the quips were contained and not movie ruining, no baby grewt character, when a character sacrifices himself it's within the arc of the character and not some asspull ruined by a reference quip and the plan of the villain made sense. Visually and acting wise GotG2 was better but overall this movie is just a better movie
>>
>>83694255
If you come from the state of mind that comedy is a bad thing and you're supposed to hate things because you're being told to like them, I would understand. But James Gunn is one of my favorite writers/directors and Guardians of the Galaxy is a very good comic book. I personally loved the plot and how it all ties together at the end whereas I hated the third act of Wonder Woman and Patty Jenkins doesn't have much of her own style yet. Ares's plan really doesn't make sense whereas I get a god with the perspective of the entire universe not valuing human life. Ironically both villains are gods so they both had the challenge of giving them motivation and one did a much better job than the other. Hint, not the one that shows up as am average looking British man in the last twenty minutes. Also it has beautiful visuals and Wonder Woman didn't to say the least.
>>
>>83688842
movie is retarded and wants it both ways
>man did all this themselves!
>I only give them ideas!
but as soon as ares dies you have german and allied soldiers literally stop killing and start hugging each other which suggests it actually was ares influencing humanity..... oh but nope WW2 and every bad thing after that still happens whoops teeheee

shit flick.
>>
>>83694349
>I can't into nuance
>>
>>83694373
you can't have it both ways ya fucking retard
>>
>>83694342
So a god of war planning to prevent the Armistice and perpetuate a World War by playing both sides is a worse motivation than some guy who wanted to be alone in the universe for some reason? Lmao
>>
>>83688842
>catches herself openly biting her lip
Even a billionaire can't keep a woman, what chance do we have?
>>
>>83694403
Yes you can, ya fucking retard. He was just giving them a little push to show they were capable of the worst shit on their own, but right there at the end he fucking lost it and went into full God mode.
So yeah, he was influencing them but they listened to him because they had it in them to begin with. But they also had good in them, that's why under the influence of Diana, Steve's shitty friends become noble.
>>
File: 1470455581206.jpg (73KB, 710x781px) Image search: [Google]
1470455581206.jpg
73KB, 710x781px
The funniest moment was when Dr Poison and the Ludendorff kill the other generals and then just laugh like maniacs, it was so comical
>>
>>83688842
>>not realizing the real villain of the movie was white mens and all of its hatred
fix
>>
>>83692682
?
She literally doesn't explode. Wonder Woman spares her after realizing she is just another flawed human being whose actions are borne out of pain and alienation.
>>
File: Look of Disapointment.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Look of Disapointment.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>83694411
>I am not your enemy Wonder Woman, humans did this to themselves. I merely told them all to do it lol
vs
>we are beyond human comprehension and can make the universe an objectively better place free of conflict
I mean, since we're shitposting now. Ares is awful, Doctor Poison is awful, neither have an actual relationship with Wonder Woman. Poison only meets her once and they literally just stare at each other.
>I have to sacrafice myself on this plane, there is no other way!
Been there, done that. There is always another way in this scenerio and its played for dramatic effect. Fine, but how is that better than Yondu's entire funeral scene that did not have a single joke in it? And care to explain how humor is inherently bad instead of acting like its so awful it should go without saying because /tv/ said so? Side note, both movies have generic OSTs but I found Guardians less generic and more fitting.
>>
>men are capable of war
>god of war sees his chance and intervenes to foster these instincts to create an everlasting war when both sides already wanted peace
>gets killed, his influence disappears and peace has a chance
>men are still capable of war but now they are capable of peace too
How stupid do you need to be to not understand Wonder fucking Woman?
>>
>>83694525
Im sorry, my memory of the events is wonder woman was holding a tank, they stare at each other, theres an explosion and we dont see her again. So I assume she exploded. I didnt interpret that because to my knowledge Diana didnt even know she was Dr Poison because she hadnt seen her before.
>>
>>83694544
That understanding doesnt make him a better character or his appearence any less shit. Thanks captain obvious.
>>
>>83694529
>room full of german officers wanting to stop the war are killed by a guy manipulated by the god of war
>h-humans did it all diana lol
Stick to baby groot
>>
>>83694529
>Ares is awful, Doctor Poison is awful, neither have an actual relationship with Wonder Woman.
First off, they don't really need to but did you fucking miss the part where Ares was her sponsor, and the reason why her and Steve were able to go to the front? Not to mention he's actually related to her, since she's the daughter of Zeus.

I won't argue anything else because I didn't see GOTG.
>>
>>83694584
Still better than Ego though
>>
>>83691796
yeah thats usually the case in comic versions, and i think that was the case here, except they just implied it
>>
File: jla96174usoz2.jpg (127KB, 1024x473px) Image search: [Google]
jla96174usoz2.jpg
127KB, 1024x473px
> good idea about the consequences of war after the dead of generic nazi guy

Hey that's cool, so the idea of using a world war to promote misandry is BS but ok, i kinda digital theres no big cheap CGI Videogame final Boss

> Sike! Ares is the pedo moustache guy with a very baaaad philosophy and in that Pointer the movie is complete garbage
This is just a cheap gurl power agenda in a mediocre capeshit movie
>>
>>83694471
I just explained this to you sweetheart.

when ares dies not only do the soldiers stop killing eachother but they embrace eachother which proves that Steve was wrong and that it was entirely ares' influence causing the conflict and all conflicts and that men are inherently good. There is no other way to interrupt that scene with what the movie had told us thus far. Which means it's entirely nonsensical for there to ever be another war or any type of violent conflict afterwards. Take your "nuance" copout and shove it up your ass cuz it doesn't work.
>>
>>83694688
>misandry
>literally a man saves the day
>bad philosophy
>god of war trying to prevent the end of the great war
Say no to quips, kids
>>
File: before and after.jpg (365KB, 746x660px) Image search: [Google]
before and after.jpg
365KB, 746x660px
>>83694617
I did see that part and am intentionally trivializing it because that is a hilarious excuse for meaningful hero and villain interaction. And they do really need to, otherwise he is just a generic villain of the week and means nothing, shows up for a final boss battle like he did here. In a superhero story the conflict between hero and villain should be the driving force unless there's more meat to the story. They hype ares from the start, which sets an expectation.

>>83694629
So you intentionally typed that out pretending not to respond to me, just so an anon you assume is me would be baited into replying and you could use that to diss an unrelated movie?

>>83694612
stick to your stick.
I can shitpost too.
>>
>>83694704
No, you fucking idiot. She won but her victory isn't permanent. There are still people capable of doing evil shit out there, even after Ares died.
Did you even think maybe they stopped fighting because they witnessed the WW and Ares fight that was happening right fucking next to them? Or should they be oblivious to that?
>>
>>83694704
But they showed you how germans wanted peace and the guy manipilated by Ares killed them you dumbfuck. Ares was just making the war last longer, had he gassed London the war would have lasted forever. This is all explained in the movie
>>
File: elena-anaya-the-skin-i-live-i .jpg (169KB, 1600x1062px) Image search: [Google]
elena-anaya-the-skin-i-live-i .jpg
169KB, 1600x1062px
>tfw no trannyfu
>>
>>83694804
But how do they expect us to concentrate when the characters don't stop to quip every two minutes? DC didn't think this through.
>>
>>83694733
>that is a hilarious excuse for meaningful hero and villain interaction.
He sent her to the front because it would help to perpetuate the conflict (as it was explained by Steve's superiors) and also so she could witness human misery first hand and then he could convince her to join him after she saw all the shitty things men do.

> In a superhero story the conflict between hero and villain should be the driving force unless there's more meat to the story.

The thing about this movie is that even Diana thought it was gonna be her vs. Ares, but she actually learned that things are more complex than that.
Sure, Ares was a force behind conflict and war, but he wasn't the only thing 'causing it. He was just a button pusher.
>>
>>83694827

I want to KISS dr poison!
>>
>>83694733
They believed Lundehoff was Ares and fighting him is the driving force of the plot. Have you even watched the movie? Also Ego's motivations made absolutely no sense at all and the plot of that movie is a clusterfuck. Critics like this better, audiences like it better and your shitposting is embarrassing. It's time to give up
>>
>>83694733
>before and after.jpg
before and after what?
>>
>>83694861
Don't forget:
>I gave your mother cancer, Chris Pratt
>Now will you join me? :):):)
>>
>>83694853
>you will never kiss her after a passionate session of solving chemical kinetics equations

JUST
>>
>>83694873
Fuck that movie is stupid
>>
>>83693639
Johns must be so proud making this scene part of the Wonder Woman canon.
>>
>>83693666
>>83694939
>tfw liked this scene
Am I being meme'd or what? Is it triggering to you to see people enjoy things?
>>
>>83695023
It's based on a scene from the animated tv show or some shit, it's an alright scene by itself
>>
>>83695023
I like it too but this is the third time Johns put it in a Wonder Woman story and this is the only time it's been good.

Besides the baby scene is cuter.
>>
>>83695023
I enjoyed the movie, that's just a stupid scene that for some reason, Geoff Johns thinks it's central to Diana's character. If you only saw it here, it's fine because Jenkins actually managed to make it not cringe-worthy. But if you read comics, you know where it comes from and it's impossible not to hate it.
>>
>>83695023
The scene was good, Diana is a qt. Also the central theme of this movie is the loss of innocence so that scene showing her being naive fits perfectly
>>
File: Wonder Girl Diana.png (404KB, 286x863px) Image search: [Google]
Wonder Girl Diana.png
404KB, 286x863px
>>83694861
Frankly, I was just responding to someone who mentioned the movie and thought it would make for an interesting discussion. You guys have to turn everything into a competition and it gets old. Its to the point that you want to discuss semantics that I would want to rewatch the movies in order to properly respond to because for some reason its an argument instead of a discussion. Im sure my unwillingness to respond more will be seen as some victory for you. I couldn't care less what other people like more and simply stating "X is X" is the epitome of shitposting, which is funny when you accuse me of doing the same.

>>83694850
Yes I fully understand these things, but that doesnt make him an interesting character or less of a final boss battle. Explaining a simple concept elegantly doesn't make it more complex.

>>83694873
He was so confident that showing Peter the larger scale of the universe and the insignificance of single lives (which he was convinced of at that point) had won him over that he saw no issue with bringing this up. Having Peter's love for his mother snap him out of the trance was a good emotional core and worked because of the setup from the first film beforehand. I swear, its like explaining things to a child. But im just being baited, gonna shut up now. I dont like Batman v Superman but this is comparable to people thinking MARTHAAA was just about the names and not the understanding of Batman that Superman was human like he was instead of a dangerous and detached alien.
>>
>>83692833
They plugged that Themyscira plot hole by the queen saying "You know once you leave, you can never return?" "I know."

This movie was bad, little to no substance and over all a 'meh' kind of feeling when leaving the cinema.
>>
>>83695084
See, this confused me. I couldn't tell if it was an actual rule or she was implying Diana would die if she left. Both are plausable given the context of the conversation so thats why I feel its unclear. If it was a rule it shoulda been setup before.
>>
20% action

20 % quips

60% Gadot making zoolander faces in the foreground looking more like a photo sesion than a movie
>>
>>83695077
>Explaining a simple concept elegantly doesn't make it more complex.
Well, it's a superhero movie, I don't expect some mind blowing concepts to come from it. I just expect it not to be stupid, and it avoided it most of the time. The battle itself was my least favorite part of the movie, that's for sure.
And like I said, I haven't watched GOTG, but I doubt it was very complex either.
>>
>>83695077
>my unwilligness to respond more will be seen as a victory
No, your lack of arguments and not addressing the points is. Saying "it's bad becuz I say so" isn't an argument and so far it's the only thing you said
>>
>>83695133
nice try, but that's actually a shot from BvS
>>
>>83695133
>20 % quips
Unlike an MCU movie all of the humor came at appropriate times and rose naturally from the story
>>
>>83694764
You really are having trouble grasping simple logic so I'll break it down for you.

There are only two possibilities as shown via the movie:

Either the amazons are right and humans are naturally good and Ares is the single corrupting presence in the world OR Steve and Ares are correct and humans are naturqlly corrupt and violent.

That's it. Those are the only two options the movie gives us.

Knowing this, which option is the correct one when taking into account that not ONLY did the war immediately end when Ares was killed but that people who were fucking killing each other were HUGGING AND SMILING together following his death? That kind of shits all over your "nuanced" take doesn't it? But no, your excuse for the love fest and the fact that the germans magically start hugging the dudes who just killed dozens of their friends is because you both saw two gods fighting (No idea how you think that's an appropriate response to witnessing such an event but you're clearly a sub 80iq mongrel so I guess it doesn't matter)

>>83694804
Hey, shithead, you do realize that this strenghthens my argument right? That ares was the sole corrupting influence and therefore it makes no sense for conflict to continue at all after he dies?
>>
>>83686820
>10 minutes later he is dead
how so
the concept of ares was explained in the very beginning by hippolyta
the manifestation of ares was introduced at the beginning of the second act in the ministry
sure, the reveal was at the end, but I doubt there would've been any tension in revealing the villain's true identity halfway through the movie
>>
>>83695123
I always thought that they would leave and get preggo and then come back. I was confused by this line as well as I found it laughable but later made sense in the plot because I guess the movieverse is another rebirth.
>>
>>83695151
The entire basis of this conversation was an exchange of ideas, this post >>83694342 whether or not you agree with it is objectively not saying "its bad because its bad" but saying "omg the plot sucked!" is saying just that.
Im not here to argue, the fact that you look at it from the perspective that we need "arguments" is my exact point here. Sick of this argumentative attitude towards film discussion.

>>83695145
The battle was my least favorite part, most of the third act is where the movie lost me. There is always room for improvement in any movie.
>>
>>83695186
The war started without Ares because men are capable of war but it was being prolonged by Ares once both sided wanted to end it. Literally how dumb do you need to be if you can't understand this?
>>
>>83695186
>There are only two possibilities as shown via the movie:
That's why I say you can't into nuance, because at the end, the movie tells us it's not such a black and white thing, but that it's actually both. But it seems like it's too much for you.

And again, the war was actually pretty much over already. The plane full of gas was the last hail mary from Lundedorf (and Ares) to try to keep the war going. The reason why they stop fighting after Diana beats Ares is because they just fucking witenessed Diana beating Ares. Are they supposed to be totally obvlivous to them and just keep shooting at each other anyway?
>>
>>83695245
But in that post you say Ares' plan makes no sense and Ego's plan is fine when is objectively the other way around. You can't expect us not to argue something thay stupid
>>
>>83695327
I really dont give a shit anymore, you said I said its bad because its bad and that is not the case. I then gave reasons for why I believed those things and you remain unconvinced. So what? You like Ares, I dont. Im not just going to keep reiterating the same things.
>>
>>83695186
Look up the Christmas Truce - the common soldiers on each side of the war didn't actively loathe each other.

Ares was only shown whispering ideas to a very few select people, and manipulating pretty much only to make the armistice fail.

Those soldiers just witnessed two gods fighting, and most of their comrades were killed. All it was was just realizing the fight was over for that day, there was nothing more to be done. The war didn't magically end, the armistice that was on track the whole movie continued, was signed, and then the Treaty of Versailles was signed. General Badguy and Poison Lady were just trying to implement enough horror and murder their way through German command to delay or stop said armistice, and they were stopped.

And of course, WW learns that men are both good and bad, probably doubly reinforced by WW2, of which she presumably just watched from the sidelines, knowing Ares wasn't pulling any shit.

My only gripes with the movie were Ares being a prim British guy (like why not just make him transform if you're gonna make him fight), and the total brushing aside of super soldier gas, which would be far better at motivating high command/general public to feel like they could win the war than more horrible mustard gas.
>>
>>83695268
>The war started without Ares
No, no it didn't Nothing in the movie suggests that, in fact it states the complete opposite in the beginning when the amazonian queen flat out tells us that Ares is responsible for all human conflict. Now, we have no reason to believe her and in fact we have every right to doubt her....

until the very last scene proves her correct as once ares is killed the very next scene is of german soldiers taking their masks off, looking up into the sky while smiling and then embracing the people they were trying to kill only seconds before.

Go ahead and give a coherent explanation for that that isn't "humans are naturally good and ares is their corrupter.

go ahead shitstain, because you haven't been able to do it so far.
>>
File: Room-in-Rome-Movie-Wallpapers.jpg (187KB, 1118x475px) Image search: [Google]
Room-in-Rome-Movie-Wallpapers.jpg
187KB, 1118x475px
>>83694853
I want to CUM INSIDE Dr. Poison!
>>
>>83695276
>That's why I say you can't into nuance, because at the end, the movie tells us it's not such a black and white thing
that's what it tells us but not what it shows us, which is my entire beef. It's an incoherent message. If Ares influence was not that strong and humans were naturally flawed and violent then why would all of the violence IMMEDIATELY stop following his death? Beyobd that, why would they embrace their enemies? It makes no sense That's not nuanced, that's poor storytelling.
>>
>>83695216
Amazons dont get preggers, thats why Diana was the only child. They were created by gods and thats all of them. I believe Zeus banging hypohoweveryouspellit is seen as a bad thing as well.
>>
>>83695378
It's proved by the fact that Ares only whispers shit. He doesn't do hypnosis. He's not corrupting the humans just fostering their natural warmongering. Maybe he whispered in Bismarck's ears that spliting Europe into two rigid alliances fighing proxy wars in the colonies was a great idea too, but that's not on the movie
>>
>>83695467
*Hippolyta
>>
>>83695469
So is ares just the rothschilds?
>>
>>83695469
>It's proved by the fact that Ares only whispers shit. He doesn't do hypnosis. He's not corrupting the humans just fostering their natural warmongering.

So you are doing a complete 180 now? So Ares did start the war? Yeah that's what I just said. He is the sole corrupter and nothing bad happens without his influence. That's what the movie showed us and that's why the violence completely stopped after he died. Too bad what WW tells us in the end (along with the complete DC universe) absolutely contradicts this
>>
>>83695570
He's clearly the eternal anglo, haven't you seen the move?
>>
>>83695588
No, the war started because european politics of the time. Ares just wanted it to be spiced with chemical weapons and to last forever. As I already explained
>>
>>83695588
>quotes me saying Ares isn't corrupting but pushing humans towards war
>lel ur saying im right and hes the corrupter
No wonder you cant keep up with children's movies
>>
>>83695588
>He is the sole corrupter and nothing bad happens without his influence

But he died and WWII still happened.
>>
File: ww_v2_6__0009.jpg (1MB, 1440x2244px) Image search: [Google]
ww_v2_6__0009.jpg
1MB, 1440x2244px
How do you go from this to middle aged british man who fights in an airfield? And god, that armor was butt ugly.
>>
>>83695630
no you said the war started without him but then you said all he did was whisper ideas to them... in other words he influenced and instigated the conflict, it did not start on its own and it can only be interpreted in the scene immediately following his death that his influence was so overwhelming that it caused the average soldiers to fight each other.

there is no other explanation within the context of the movie. It's contradictory, it's incoherent and it tricks morons into thinking it's "nuance" when really it's a flaw
>>
>>83695655
you said
>ww1 started without him
tgen immediately admit in your next post that he's the one who influenced it to happen. you're an idiot but thanks for proving my point

>>83695675
exactly, the movie makes contradictory statements regarding the nature of man. it's a mess
>>
>>83689067
>why did Ares have that shitty scrap metal armor instead of badass greek shit with real weapons (he had this stuff in the comics even)
Because it looked cool

>why did her sword break? it seems like they were trying to avoid having to coordinate sword fight scenes, which is a shame because the cgi flinging magic shit at each other looked terrible
Because it was just a bitch-ass sword, just a useless safety blanket, like all her other Tchotchkes.

>her father Zeus couldn't fucking kill Ares but somehow she could? Why not just seal him away again or whatever, and leave it open for a WWII sequel or something.
Ares was already weakened and she was a god on his level
>>
>>83695705
The war started without him or maybe with him whispering a little. Humans started the war. Then humans wanted tk end it but then Ares influenced them to keep going, as in his minion killing the german officers who wanted the Armistice. After he dies the soldiers stop fighting because they just saw the god of war being killed and it was pointless to keep fighting. The war was over and would have been over before if it wasn't for Ares
>>
File: 20132016.jpg (109KB, 500x620px) Image search: [Google]
20132016.jpg
109KB, 500x620px
>>83694862
Babbies.
>>
>>83695705
Whispering =/= forcing or corrupting them.
>>
>>83695757
>humans started it
as I've already said, the very beginning of the movie states ares is the one who causes all conflict. you want to play it off by stating "oh well he just whispers sjit to them" but that's the very definition of influence.
>humans wanted to stop it but ares sent other humans under his influebce to stop them
yeah, no shit. another point argued in my favor
>>
>>83693639
This is what kills me, all these talented actresses applauding this mediocre forced model because FEMINISM.
>>
>>83695800
>a god using his magical powers to whisper shit to you to influence shit you wouldn't do otherwise doesn't count as influence
yeah we're done here. you're so desperate to defend this piece of shit that you're being as nonsensical as it is.
>>
>>83695813
Were you aware that not every sentence uttered by literally any character isn't necessarily true? Some of the lines even state contradictory things! The bad guy German general even says 'Germany will win' and then they don't!
>>
>>83695813
They also tell you that humans are capable of war and the only thing Ares does is to whisper them to follow those instincts. At the end everyone but him wanted the war to be over so when he's killed they stop fighting. Just tell me how many time do I have to explain it to you until you get it
>>
>>83695890
Are you aware that what we are shown in the conclusion and what happens later in the dc universe that this shitflick is a part of are contradictory? That means shitty storytelling!
>>
>>83695847
>you wouldn't do otherwise
But that's wrong. They say humans are violent by nature and WW2 happens without Ares
>>
>>83695920
So those soldiers at the end are in charge of Germany? That's how WW1 ended?
>>
>>83695920
>pulls shit out of his ass
>things in the movie contradict this thing I just made up
Give it up shill, you're embarrassing yourself
>>
>>83695892
How many times do I have to explain to you that further conflict after ares dies makes no fucking sense? keep grasping at straws trying to justify the retarded scene with germans and allies hugging each other over their buddies corpses tho
>>
>>83695969
The movie is part of the extended cinematic DC universe retard. or did you miss the fact that batman was the one, who sent her the fucking picture in the very opening scene?
>>
>>83695979
>humans are capable of conflict, Ares just exploits it
>ares dies
>another big war happens because humans are still capable of war and then the longest period of peace in human history
How can I make this simple idea easier for you?
>>
>>83695979
>>83696029
Guys. Ares isn't dead. He'll be back.
>>
>>83695939
what part of the movie shows us this. Because what I've pointed out states the total opposite and I didn't even mwntion the part where WW spares tge life of the mass murdering chemist BECAUSE SHE REALIZES IT'S ARES INFLUENCE THAT CAUSED HER TO BECOME THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE
>>
>>83696029
Can you intersperse quips in that post somehow?
>>
>>83695825
There's nothing wrong with her performance in that scene.
>>
>>83696029
>Ares doesn't cause the conflict
>cobfluct immediately stops when he's defeated
oh look the very movie you are defending tells you you're wrong
>>
>>83696079
Is this the average intellect of /tv/ posters?
>>
>>83696046
The part when Steve outright says that war is caused by humans
>>
>>83696046
So your argument is that you should essentially ignore all context about history, including context the movie gives you.
>>
When will we get a Wonder STICC vidyagame? I hear Wonder Woman 2 will be set in the present. They could cash in on the World War 2 meme with a Wonder STICC action RPG.
>>
>>83696130
Steve didn't even believe Ares was real, dumbass. In fact he never even saw the reveal, he was too busy blowing himself up.

Now the movie TELLS us he was correct in the end but what it actually shows us is the total opposite. I'm still waiting for an explanation for why the soldiers stopped fighting after Ares died or why WW let the chemist live that doesn't include "because Ares is the cause of everything" but not one of you can give a definitive answer.

Just admit that the message is and story is mangled
>>
>>83696079
>people stop fighting after watching a fight between two magical gods throwing thunderbolts to each other
You know they still signed an Armistice in some train right?
>>
>>83696137
?

I'm not the one ignoring the fact that what the movie concludes with and what it shows us are entirely contradictory. you are.
>>
>>83696201
>m still waiting for an explanation for why the soldiers stopped fighting after Ares died
The wanted to sign an armistice but Ares stopped them, this doesn't imply that Ares was sole driving force behind the war. You either haven't watched the movie or you have the attention span of a goldfish.
>>
>>83696212
>people stop fighting to watch 2 gods fight
k
>they hug and kiss each other over the corpses of their friends after the fight is over
now an explanation is needed and yiu don't have one and you reject mine because you realize it show what a new nonsensical piece of shit your new favorite capeshit is. sad!
>>
>>83696230
Right, you're claiming that soldiers hugging enemies is the end of WW1 somehow, rather than just something that happened sometimes in WW1 because shockingly, soldiers on both sides were human beings.
>>
>>83696201
So the movie says that humand are capable of war and Ares just exploits it but some 20 teenage soldier that didn't even want to fight despite being near the god of war stopped fighting after watching a supernatural fight somehow contradicts it. Just watch dancing baby tree movies son
>>
>>83696234
>this doesn't imply that Ares was sole driving force behind the war
no, just everything the movie told us beforehand and what it showed us after ares was killed. or are you implying that the german soldiers not only knew ares existed but that he was the reason an armistace wasn't already signed?
I wouldn't be surprised if that's what you are implying because you're not very bright
>>
>>83696305
>20 teenage soldier that didn't even want to fight

so what caused them to fight anon.. was it possibly Ares? *gasp* oh wait no, that's my argument.
>>
>>83696334
No, they were drafted. It was World War 1, you know.
>>
>>83696320
What I'm saying is that everyone was ready to stop fighting basically as soon as the movie started, but Ares kept the war going, that doesn't mean that he started it.
>no, just everything the movie told us beforehand
The only one who thinks that is a character that is shown time and time again as naive, you should not be taking what she says at face value.
>>
>>83696320
Diana was the one who believed that Ares was the sole source of the problem. Her fucking mom tells her otherwise before she left the island but since Diana believed the story so deeply she refused to listen.
But please keep making an ass out of yourself.
>>
>>83696277
what is the catalyst for the hugging and embracing you moron? it can't be just because they saw a wicked awesome god fight for the love of fuck the germans just saw dozens of their friends killed and they know exactly who did it. they need a catalyst to do such a thing. stop being so fucking dense and just admit that the reason the fighting stopped is because ares influence was gone. ffs you think it's a coincidence that they shed their masks and smile as if coming out of a trance? oh no! no way that was intentional
>>
>>83687205
t. Dannyboytbh
>>
>>83696408
Why did I even reply
>>
>>83696366
see>>83696408
stop ignoring what happened in that scene. stop ignoring the relevance of the fact that it happened immediately after ares death and stop reaching for bullshit explanations when it's obvious what the filmmaker intended.
>>
>>83696458
Because you're a stubborn retard who can't admit when he's wrong
>>
If Ares was such a power influence why did all those german officers want to sign a peace treaty and Huston and Anaya, the only characters really influenced by Ares, had to kill them?
>>
>>83696462
They were relieved to survive a battle between two gods, and understood how pointless their fight is. There are plenty of instances of camaraderie between opposite forces in WWI.
>>
>>83696374
for the love of christ....

The soldiers immediately stopping the fighting, shedding their masks, coming out of a trancelike state and embracing their enemies is evidence that WW mom was correct. are you following along now? is this too complicated for you?
>>
>why did these guys who didn't want to fight but were forced to by their countries stopped fighting in the conflict they didn't believe in after watching a magical fight in front of them
Because it makes sense, it sort of happened in real life even without magic too. They celebrated some christmas together
>>
>>83696566
See>>83696408
And if that doesn't work for you it's also likely that he was influencing those who were in a close proximity of him. Of course that isn't the case and >>83696408 is correct.
>>
File: 1486917471075.jpg (40KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1486917471075.jpg
40KB, 657x527px
I swear, the people hating on this movie are either retarded, contrarian, or both.

The themes explored in the plot are actually interesting and meaningful, and the overall plot ties directly into Batman vs Superman, more specifically Batman's concerns about Superman and what beings like him could do.

The direction is mediocre and there's an odd use of computer effects, but the fantastic prop-work and practical stuff more than makes up for that, and compared to the cartoonish overreliance on CGI and awful makeup.

Cape-shit is nothing to admire or aspire to, but as far as they go, this was one of the best of them. Better than literally every Marvel movie sans, maybe, MAYBE Guardians of the Galaxy 1, which gets somewhat of a free-pass for basically not being a superhero movie.
>>
>>83696609
Meant to quote>>83696366 as correct
You are wrong>>83696408
>>
>You're the weapon used to kill Ares. We won't tell you because then... Ares will find you. Go hunt some German guy instead.
>>
>>83688842
what did she mean by this?
>>
>>83688842
why is she so cute bros?
>>
>>83698262
Pregnancy weight made her cuter.
>>
>>83696647
That's not an excuse you idiot. We're not talking about just the war at large in this scene, we're talking about a tiny group of soldiers pinned down by the Germans who just watched said soldier kill a lot of their comrades only moments before. This is highly more personal than two sides of a trench system who can't even properly see who they are fighting throw throw down their weapons because they don't want to fight anymore, these are guys who have every reason and motivation to massacre the allied sabotage squad they have pinned down. The fact that they give up after Ares dies only better illuatrates my point.

I don't care how "tired" you are of war, you're not hugging the man you just watched put a bullet in your buddies brains.

That's why the only possible and coherent explanation you can scrape from this horribly patched together movie is that Ares influence was so strong and that humanity is so ultimately good, that once he was gone (and his influence along with them) the men immediately lose all will to fight and harbor no ill will to the people who just murked their compatriots.

In no other context doee this scene make sense. You're trying to claim otherwise because the conclusion and that scene don't mesh, but instead of trying to force your own insubstantial interpretation onto that scene why don't you just admit that the filmmakers royally fucked it up and left a confusing mess for the audience to bicker about? Because ultimately, that's what happened. you're not arguing with me, you're arguing with the blaring flaws in the film.
>>
>>83688842
SOURCE
>>
>>83686820
have you seen Se7en OP ? I am not saying it's as good, just that maybe the villain wasn't THAT important in this movie, and that maybe it was more about her character development. Similar to Brad Pitt/Morgan Freeman.
>>
>>83695186
Did you watch the film? The germans were hugging each other, not their war enemies (of which there were only 3 left at the airfield)
>>
>>83699594
watch it again bucko, the Indian and a German soldier hug each other.
>>
File: 1496881523347.gif (3MB, 540x230px) Image search: [Google]
1496881523347.gif
3MB, 540x230px
>>83688842
wtf I love gal gadot now
>>
>>83696554

>There are plenty of instances of camaraderie between opposite forces in WWI.
this isn't a historical film, in case you didn't notice. And it wouldn't matter regardless. What matters is what we see in the scene and what it means within the context of the film. Your "oh they were just happy they survived a battle between gods" excuse has no evidence behind. Where do you see the film give us even a hint as this being the reason they just stopped fighting when they were plenty happy enough to keep shooting at each other while the gods were fighting? That's a poor conclusion to come to and you know it. The only possible explanation is that the amazonians were correct and that mankind, although weak, is ultimately good without Ares destructive influence. There is no other explanation for having that scene proceed immediately after Ares death, there's no reason it would be show former enemies embracing, no reason it would show the German soldiers shedding their masks and symbolically becoming human again rather than a mindless drone under the control of a destruction god or the fact that it happened exactly as daylight broke.

Every scene has a reason and shows us something regarding the movies plot or themes or character progression and in no way does "lel they were just happy to be alive! " account for how that scene played out, where it was placed and the symbolic elements that were so clearly evident.

you're wrong.
>>
File: IMG_0964.gif (4MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0964.gif
4MB, 640x480px
>>83686820
>Introduce the Greek pantheon to the DCEU
>They're all dead except for Ares before the movie even starts
>>
spoiler much? asshole
>>
>>83695433
>If Ares influence was not that strong and humans were naturally flawed and violent then why would all of the violence IMMEDIATELY stop following his death? Beyobd that, why would they embrace their enemies? It makes no sense That's not nuanced, that's poor storytelling.
Are you fucking retarded. THE WAR HAD ALREADY PRETTY MUCH STOPPED.
They were still fighting in the hangar because it was Lundedorf's desperate attempt to prolongue it. The violence in the hangar stopped because those soldiers saw what happened between Ares and Diana.

>exactly, the movie makes contradictory statements regarding the nature of man. it's a mess
It's not contradictory to say men are capable of good, but also of evil. That they're prone to evil deeds under the wrong influence, but good ones under the right one. That's what the movie's telling us (and showing us, in case you wanna go there again. Remember the gang, which were all criminals, ended up doing several selfless actions for the greater good under the influence of Diana, and she sees that right after she sees Steve's sacrifice, and gives her strength to kill Ares).

>We're not talking about just the war at large in this scene
Except you were saying the war stopped magically when Ares died. Nice to see you can somehow see when you're being totally retarded and be self aware enough to change your arguments. It's still sad you can't let it go though.
>>
>>83701196
>Are you fucking retarded. THE WAR HAD ALREADY PRETTY MUCH STOPPED.
you do realize that this is not a point in your favor, right? So most humans want to stop the war but the ones who Ares has the most influence on are the ones who are actively trying to prolong? You're literally arguing in favor of my interpretation you fucking moron.

>It's not contradictory to say men are capable of good, but also of evil.
except the movie shows us that Ares is the only reason man is acting violently, how are you not grasping this? The scene I pointed out just drives this message home and you yourself just stated that it was only Ares doing that causef the war to be prolonged. So what are you even arguing at this point?

>Except you were saying the war stopped magically when Ares died.
uhh yes, yes it did. The very next scene all of the fighting at the airbase stops and after that we see a victory parade in London. Put two and two together dipshit. Or are you not capable of that?
>>
>>83701196
>The violence in the hangar stopped because those soldiers saw what happened between Ares and Diana.

yeah,no, sorry but you are shit at noticing things like symbolism in film see>>83700623
and shut the fuck up before you embarass yourself further
>>
ugh, why did they made them fug?
Can't they just be comrade?
>>
Haven't seen the movie and don't intend to but are the German soldiers portrayed as evil murdering Nazis?
>>
>>83701532
yes because the director couldn't make up her fucking mind
>hurr war is complicated nobody is a bad guy! Nobody is 100% at fault!
>but we really need to kill proto hitler and his luvr because they are solely responsible for the war not ending : ^)

so yeah the germans are mindless villians save for one scene at the end
>>
>ares caused le war guise this is a plote hole
>there are a lot of german officers ready to stop the war and the villains influenced by ares had to kill them
Why are mcucks so stupid?
>>
>>83701532
No.
>>
>>83701492
>why did they made them fug?
Because they were sexually attracted to each other.
>>
>>83701532
No, they are portrayed as teenagers caught up in a pointless conflict. The ultimate villain is a british officer because Ares was playing both sides
>>
>>83701652
>ares isn't why everyone is fighting!
>it's much more complicated than that!
>his henchmen are literally the only people trying to prolong the war
>all of the violence stops the moment Aries is destroyed
rlly meaks ya ponder
>>
File: kramer.jpg (24KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
kramer.jpg
24KB, 300x225px
I can't be the only fucking person that believes this film doesn't deserve an ounce of the praise it has been receiving.

Gadot sucked, couldn't act her way out of a cardboard box. Every time she was on screen you didn't think "oh whoa its wonder woman", you thought "oh there's gal Gadot trying to fucking act"

Chris Pine did well regarding what little he had to work with.

Entire plot + villains is cookie cutter trope riddled bullshit. Ive never seen such lazy writing.

Ewen Bremner never even got a shot off.

Fight scenes were forgettable/ really cool Injustice 2 gameplay.

Fuck Ares and that whole convoluted mess. What about WWII-?

Nobody in the German army actually speaks German.

Autistic Chief don't know how speak regular.

There's more, fuck, there's a lot more things wrong with this film. Not a single redeeming quality, but I will say it is the best COMEDY to come out this summer.

4.8/10 At it's best.
>>
>>83686820
film of the year all years
>>
>>83701726

ummmmm, nice sexism honey ;]
>>
>>83701717
>kids didn't want to fight
>they almost get killed in some DBZ tier shit that's magic for them
>they stop fighting once it's over
I agree it would have been better if Ares had turned himself into a pacman for no reason
>>
>>83701773
Go see the film and waste your money like I did and you'll see that I'm only trying to save you
>>
>>83701726
Nice opinions, it's a shame they are wrong though
>>
>>83701837
>capeshitters can't into symbolism
who woulda thunkit
see>>83700623
and then you pls kys
>>
>>83701943
>pacman
>symbolism
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
>>
>>83701726
Someone get this hothead outta here
>>
>>83701726
>What about WWII-?

Ares is literally a god he will return. If War exists he exists. Its weird they never really push on the fact that hes literally empowered by conflict. WW2 probably just revived him.

I agree with some of your points but fuck its the first DC movie in a long time thats actually decent and gets the tone of what fans want to see WW and Superman doing right so it gets a lot of slack atm.
>>
File: 1442609619736.jpg (15KB, 310x222px) Image search: [Google]
1442609619736.jpg
15KB, 310x222px
Make a hawk a dove,
Stop a war with love,
Make a liar tell the truth.

>tfw they literally wrote the plot based on the theme song
>>
>>83701979
>it's an "anon keeps digging himself into a deeper hole" episode
>>
>>83701943
Trevor character says humans are responsible for war and Ares in any case would just be a small influence. He maybe influence people very close but the only other people affected by him in this movie are the other two villaind which have to kill a room full of germans wanting to end the war. At that point the war was over and Ares just wanted to make it last forever, so it makes sense that all those kids would stop fighting after almost being killed by magic. It happened IRL without greek gods fighting. You're just nitpicking and embarrassibg yourself in the process
>>
>>83689067
Her sword broke because it was just a normal shitty sword you fucking retard. It was broken by an actual God.
>>
>>83702062
Yeah well, you should stop doing it anon ;^)
>>
>>83702095
Yeah, Ludendorff and Dr. Poison killed their fellow Germans (who wanted the armistice) with the gas.
>>
>>83702196
So Ares wasn't controlling the germans just those two guys. He pushed towards war but he can't make peaceful people go berserk. Humans are capable of war without his help
>>
>>83702270
Yeah, but those two guys (Ludendorff more so than Dr. Poison) were the ones in charge.
>>
>>83702420
They still had to kill a bunch of people to prevent the Armistice
>>
legit thread
>>
>>83703863
legit bread xd hehe
>>
>>83692833
She killed ares what was her mission. And ww2 was just men being men. It makes total sense if you followed the movies themes.
>>
File: 147906055840.jpg (106KB, 400x325px) Image search: [Google]
147906055840.jpg
106KB, 400x325px
>>83686820
>god
>dead

t. Nietsche
>>
She is so cute. Not a good actress, but not any worse than Cavill, but wow, she is adorable.
Thread posts: 254
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.