[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rogue One

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: R1.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
R1.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
>go to bed and we still liked this
>wake up and everyone hates it
>>
it was better than Episode 7 at least
>>
>>83685706
>Shitty characters
>Poor pacing
>Boring story
>Dumb scene after dumb scene

What is there to like?
>>
>>83685734
so is stepping in dogshit

what's your point?
>>
I'm not a Star Wars fan. I only enjoyed Empire Strikes Back and the Tartakovsky Clone Wars cartoons. Rogue One has its flaws, but it really makes up for them by being an actual war drama. It's basically a sci-fantasy take of The Dirty Dozen and Army of Shadows.

In Rogue One, you actually get a sense of the inner mechanics and politics amongst the Imperial hierarchy regarding the Death Star. It emulates the free-for-all amongst the German military and political circles during the Third Reich. Krennic was a grasping climber and wanted to curry the Emperor's favor while Tarkin was the cold and calculating overseer.

Not to mention we actually see the REAL heroes of the Rebellion. Not some farmboy with wizard powers and a fancy laser sword, but actual people who fought and died to oppose Palpatine. The final battle reminds me of WW2 movie scenes like the bridge one in Saving Private Ryan. There would be no victory at Yavin if it weren't for the sacrifices of the Rogue One team.

They should make more movies about what happened in-between Episode III and IV. I want to see how the Empire asserted control over the Republic, the beginnings of the Rebel Alliance, and all the other political scenes and espionage that entailed.
>>
>>83685846
>what's your point?

that they should let Genndy Tartakovsky make more Star Wars?
>>
>>83685734
Both are inferior to Lucas'
>>
>>83685706
I wouldn't say "hate".

I'd give the movie like a B-

Main two characters were dull.
The score was sorta shit, and there was music drowning out the background noise at times when it didn't need to. (why do we need epic music when a ship is just landing in a desert?)

It had problems. It was fun, but overall it was a hard sell from the get-go. The story of the death star plans could have been told in a low budget comic or novel.

Didn't require a movie.
>>
>>83685924
>being an actual war drama. It's basically a sci-fantasy take of The Dirty Dozen and Army of Shadows.

Um what? None of that is remotely true.
I think you got viral marketed anon.
>>
>>83685795
The DV scene pounding rebels, I think, that at least in the SW saga, was and will be memorable.
>>
Even being a contrarian for the sake of shitposting got exhausting for this movie. That happens naturally over time anyway, but I think the Han Solo movie probably helped a lot in this case
>>
>>83685706
What happened was: all the shill plebs made threads saying how GOAT it was, which were then bumped by other shill plebs. Even the anons who hated it bumped the threads arguing it was shit, giving the impression that everyone loved it because shill threads were constantly bumped.

Not everyone hates Wonder Woman, but all the shill plebs make "MUH JEW WOMAN" threads that get bumped because plebs.

Rogue One was shit. TFA was 10x better imo because even though it had some memey characters it felt like an actual space epic.

In Rogue One EVERYONE was a meme. The story was boring, the characters were boring, the effects were boring, the ending was boring, it was all shit. The only good part was the Darth Vader sequence at the end, and that lasted 2 minutes.

Rogue Shit more like.

Oh and I liked Donnie Yen in that one fight scene.
>>
File: great picture.jpg (22KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
great picture.jpg
22KB, 670x377px
I only recently saw this and thought it was shit.
I avoided all the trailers and reviews, too. (I began teaching, my first year, and just sort of ignored everything)

Here's what I took from it:

-Story was fractured and all over the place
-Characters were dull and couldn't tell them apart except the blind/asian couple
-couldn't tell you a single name of anyone
-they didn't reference any star wars lore (force, vader) and just assumed the viewer would know. like a bad fan film
-ballsy to kill everyone, but kind of inappropriate for a star wars movie (yay kids... just smile and die and don't try to fight )

shitty
>>
>>83686020
The Vader scene was trash.
It reeked of nerd bait and was a completely unnecessary scene.
The characters that we've been following the entire film are already dead why continue with literal nobodies?
>>
>>83685734
Yes
>>
>>83685959
Lucas fucked himself til oblivion, he doesnt deserve that much respect anon.
>>
Everyone was hyped because of the vader scene, the movie excluding the vader scene was dogshit
>>
I hated it walking out of the theater. Flat shitty characters, ugly cinematography, terrible story, horrid fucking pacing.

It really was an awful awful movie, RedLetterMedia nailed it on the head. Notice how nobody is excited for Episode VIII after this turd came out.
>>
>>83685706

It's the best Star Wars film, closely followed by Empire Strikes Back
>>
My biggest problem was that it portrayed the Rebellion as a bunch of cowards who are ready and willing to disband and just give up for no reason, as well as assassinate friendlies.
So the ones who were previously portrayed as heroic that we're supposed to be rooting for suddenly seem shittier than the Empire. How do you fuck this up so hard?
>>
I CLAPPED WHEN I SAW DARTH VAAAAAAAAADDDDERRRRRRRRRR
>>
>>83685706
this shit sucked, i hate TFA, RO is worse than TFA.
>>
>>83686599
>gay: the post
>>
The absolute worst Star Wars film, even worse than Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones.
worse than both of the Ewok movies.
As bad as the Christmas Special.
>>
>>83685706
It was only the best Star Wars film, which isn't much of an achievement.
>>
>>83685990
It is, you're just dumb, anon.

Sorry.
>>
>>83685925
No they should dip Kathleen Kennedy in a vat of acid
>>
>>83686168
TFA was utter garbage.

Inconsistent from start to finish with a moronic plot strung together by deus ex moments.
>>
>>83685706
A genuinely abysmal movie even if you remove the Star Wars name. It's boring and shit. Not even Ben Mendelssohn could carry it. I'd rather watch Lost River 10 times over than sit through this again.
>>
>>83686788
This would honestly save star wars
>>
>>83686832
And yet it was still better than RO
>>
>>83685706

>we

Go fuck, you shit.

I did like it though, at least more than Farts Awakened
>>
>>83686832
At least it had characters. They may have been JJ Abrahms meme characters but at least they were characters.
>>
Episode 3 > Rogue One > The Force Awakens
>>
Kek anything new that is star wars triggers the fuck out of /tv/. Stay mad autists.
>>
>>83687176
Too bad none of the 5 leads in either film had an ounce of charisma, except for maybe John Boyega.
>>
>>83685706
It says a lot about your film when the most human and likable character is a CGI robot.
>>
>>83687403
to be fair, Alan Tudyk probably has the most screen presence of anyone in Star Wars since Ewan McGregor
>>
>>83685924
>They should make more movies about what happened in-between Episode III and IV
do not give them any ideas
>>
>>83685734
>doesn't even bypass the compressor once

pfft, get real kid.
>>
>>83687001
How can you judge one terd better than the other? At some point you just have to admit they're both shit, and it's pointless fighting over which is better.

though obviously tfa is worse
>>
>>83686768
No its not, I wish this was like the dirty dozen. That has a bunch of memorable characters who play off each others strengths and weaknesses and we see them come together before a lot of the die Heroically.
Rouge One has a dull cast of characters with only some of them being fun but most are boring and they all die in the end. Admit it, other than the Mongolian guy and the Blind guy the rest of the rebels were boring.
>>
>>83685734
first post, best best
>>
>>83685924
>They should make more movies about what happened in-between Episode III and IV.
Han Solo movie
>>
>>83685706
if you skip the first 40 mins of the movie, it becomes a 10/10 movie
>>
File: Han.gif (147KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
Han.gif
147KB, 350x263px
>>83688064
its gonna suck. Star Wars is dead
>>
File: Felicity_Jones_wallp.jpg (149KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Felicity_Jones_wallp.jpg
149KB, 1024x768px
>>83685706
R1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TFA
I only wished she didn't died.
>>
>>83685734
nope
>>
>>83688114
this

character building sucked balls in that film.

still way ahead of TFA but that's not saying much.
>>
File: RogueOne.webm (2MB, 696x413px) Image search: [Google]
RogueOne.webm
2MB, 696x413px
>>83685706
hahaha

*inhales*

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA
>>
File: felicityjoneslf2.jpg (79KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
felicityjoneslf2.jpg
79KB, 680x680px
>>83685706
I love Rogue one, Jyn, and Felicity!
>>
>>83689774
That could have been plausible if other conditions were met to gain more speed/momentum, e.g. moving it a greater distance before collision; more hammerheads involved, etc.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.