[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I like Curb your Enthusiasm will I like Seinfeld?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Curb.png (1MB, 1260x943px) Image search: [Google]
Curb.png
1MB, 1260x943px
If I like Curb your Enthusiasm will I like Seinfeld?
>>
>>83685664
If you don't mind more traditional sitcom settings, yes.
>>
>>83685664
yeah, should do
>>
>>83685664
Yes. You will especially enjoy the episode where something zany happens and Larry gets flustered.
>>
>>83685664
No, because Curb is actually funny, original, and most of all, it isn't full of regurgitated sitcom tropes like Seinfeld
>>
yes. Kino breeds kino.
>>
>>83687002
Seinfeld invented 90% of those tropes but it has been regurgitated so much by other sitcoms that it makes seinfeld look unoriginal.
>>
Probably. I watched Curb long before I ever got into seinfeld, I would see an episode of seinfeld here and there but never really sat down and watched it. I like it but it doesn't stick out to me like curb does. Still, seinfeld has some really funny moments and situations that are similar to curb and theres some good reoccuring characters and running jokes
>>
>>83685664

curb is like concentrated costanza
it is funny, but often makes you sick being so strong
>>
>>83687071
Seinfeld was made in the fucking 90s. Do you realize how many sitcoms (that Seinfeld copied) existed before the 90s? A lot. Don't give me that bullshit.
>>
>>83685664
The best episodes were written by Larry David so I would recommend just watching those ones
>>
You'll like the Costanza episodes anyways. I introduced my friend to Curb and he love it but he's pretty ambivalent about Seinfeld.
>>
>>83685664
The more you watch curb the more you realize jerry was never very funny.
>>
>>83685664
No. I love Curb Your Enthusiasm and I think the writing and social commentary is fantastic. Seinfeld is just a shitty formulaic sitcom. I didn't even like it back in the 90s during it's original run when it was hugely popular.

It's hard for me to believe that Seinfeld even has the same writer as CYE. But then again, I read that Larry David was only a writer for part of one season.

Seinfeld is no better than Full fucking House.
>>
>>83685664
The Seinfeld formula

>It's a Constanza has women problems episode.
>It's a Kramer has a wacky idea episode.
>It's a Jerry has a silly RL problem and he turns it into an unfunny comedy sketch episode.
>It's an Elaine female empowerment episode.

Or some combo of the above. Seinfeld is shit, Curb Your Enthusiasm is great. If you like Curb, prepare to be disappointed with Seinfeld.
>>
Is the opposite true I have never seen Curb.
>>
>>83687824
Man, your standards must be ridiculously high if you dismiss so many great Seinfeld episodes like that. Lighten up!
>>
Having gone seinfeld to curb, probably. You have to remember its a much more formulaic sitcom, but it also is the first of its kind.
>>
>>83687241
Were you even alive in the 90's sport?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.