[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are micro expressions real? Are there agencies specialized in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (75KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
75KB, 600x600px
Are micro expressions real? Are there agencies specialized in lie detection? How much of show was pseudo science?
>>
>>83685209
Yeah it's real, that character is based on a real person.
>>
>>83685209
Most of it is made up to be interesting for the show. But who knows, this is the internet so there's no way for you to tell if I'm lying.
>>
>>83685357
If only you would say this to my face...
>>
>Tries to read my face
>I sit there with a massive fake smile and blinking constantly

Checkmate, asshole.
>>
>>83685515
You just told him everything you fool
>>
>>83685209

This shit is real. Watch Carter Page if you need a human face shitting all over itself.
>>
>>83685515
>la noire final boss.gif
>>
>>83685534
Ahh, but the twist at the end is that he actually got dressed upside down that day, and his face was actually hidden in his pants the whole time, whilst the police had been interviewing his ass with two google eyes glued to it.
>>
>>83685534
I told him nothing that would be admissible in court.

>"He didn't confess, but that fake smile is surely proof of his guilt."
>"Any actual evidence, professor?"
>"N-no..."
>"Case dismissed."
>>
File: doubt.png (29KB, 300x162px) Image search: [Google]
doubt.png
29KB, 300x162px
>>83685515
>>
There was a guy on AGT last night who used them, it seemed.
>>
>>83685209
I loved this show, but it simplifies reality.
>>83685209
>are micro-expressions real?
Yes. but it is a highly subjective manner towards prosecution. Defense more than likely could have their own "expert" to sow doubt.

> Are there agencies specialized in lie detection?
solely on much, no. Nearly every judicial agency works on uncovering lies to pursue prosecution, but subjective body behavior would not be enough to pursue prosecution
>How much of show was pseudo science?
Best question you asked. Behavioral analysis is at best an honing rod, and at worst indirect sabotage through false analysis.

Book is still out on the subject, in reality. What is shown in Lie to ME is nothing more than one tool to pursue prosecution of criminals.
>>
His daughter was real cute and I checked to see if she was in anything recently and it seems perhaps she has quit acting.
>>
>>83685209
>Are micro expressions real?

Yes.

>Are there agencies specialized in lie detection?

Yes.

>How much of show was pseudo science?

All of it. Lie detection isn't an actual science.
>>
>>83686231
good post
>>
Nothing more than Pseudosience.
In some societies making expressions is shunned upon as is considered too flamboyant and a display of weakness.
Not to be confused with "retreating = thinking thats weakness" like in the wizard of oz movie but like "showing a expression of surprise = giving away your emotional state to your enemy"
Other different cases that are the complete opposite like acting careers that require a broad range of expressions.
Other cases like people who only display some range of expressions not because they are shunned nor believe they are weakness but for a simple preference.
How would you read the micro expressions of someone who always displays anger or disgust against everything?
how do you can even make sure the guy you're analyzing isn't making those "micro expressions" intentionally.
in other words BULLOCKS
>>
>>83685534
What if I inject my face with a bunch botox and silicone like a bogdanoff brother, it would be like a permanent mask.
>>
>>83686706
A cute! CUTE
>>
>>83687343
>>83687506
season 1 has episodes tackling both these issues tho. They claim micro expressions are universal and even koreans have them. botox does give you bad read on someone's face.
>>
File: 1482028882529.jpg (59KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1482028882529.jpg
59KB, 1024x576px
>>83687737
>>
>>83685659
Top Kek, anon
>>
I loved the ending song in each episode
>>
>>83685209

It's real but now adays you just get a computer program to scan a recording of someone's face to automatically detect them if it's a company being contracted to do it.

It's like any other form of lie detection, really it's just stress detection, and you need more than readings of someone's stress levels to know if they're lying.

E.G. they start making micro-expressions and get an elevated heart rate because you ask them if they cheat on their wife but they're getting stressed because that made them think about how they know their wife is cheating on them, or they think about that time they were tempted to but didn't but still feel bad about it, or they're nervous you'll notice their got a boner thinking about who they'd fuck if they were going to.

And you'll always encounter people who don't get stressed easily/can hide being stressed well/get stressed over the dumbest shit/cheeky cunts who know your game and give you false readings.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.