[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this considered "too reddit"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 12

Why is this considered "too reddit"?
>>
It's bottom of the barrel humor that literally panders to the dumbest imaginable people.
>>
File: fuck 4chan.jpg (223KB, 1030x772px) Image search: [Google]
fuck 4chan.jpg
223KB, 1030x772px
>>83682582
>Panders to the dumbest imaginable people
So why isn't it popular on here?
>>
People want to cling to what's trendy or nerdy. Nobody I know has actually read one of these comic books and if they do read deadpool, they have shit taste.
>>
>>83682565
Simple.

/tv/ is filled with contrarian millenials that always have to have everything that other people likes because is """"""""""""cool"""""""""""""", so in their pathetic attempt to be cool they shit on good movies like Deadpool.

One good example of that is this retard >>83682582 and remember what I say, these kids will spam plebbit all the time and say trash no matter what.

What's even more sad is how they hate plebbit so much but at the end of the day, plebbit is even much better than anyone of these neo-/tv/ cucklords.
>>
>>83682664
Ryan Reynolds fanboi detected
>>
>>83682664
>deadpool
>good
Make a decision. I can't even be contrarian because I don't know what others think of it. I haven't even looked at the ratings. It's just a simply awful fucking movie.
>>
File: Jonathan'sSon.jpg (36KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Jonathan'sSon.jpg
36KB, 1280x720px
>>83682565
Is trash.

If some of us failed to find this development particularly revolutionary, it’s probably because we’d seen this movie before. As with so much in the Marvel Comics Universe, the “Merc with a Mouth” was born through a confluence of larger forces at work in popular culture. Dirty Harry and Death Wish and an early ’70s appetite for vigilantism narratives begat The Punisher, while in the early ’90s the Flavor of the Month was flip, irreverent, rather nasty snark, exemplified by the stand-up persona of Dennis Leary and the breakthrough works of Tarantino, a style that can be identified as entering its period of decline on November 25, 1998, when Peter Berg’s Very Bad Things was released. If Deadpool, the cinematic equivalent of a seventh-grade dead-baby-joke contest, did one thing right, it’s punctually appearing at the appointed time in the nostalgia cycle when such attitudes can again seem novel. It’s a superhero movie that makes a show of mocking the tropes of superhero movies, this purportedly operating as a cure for “superhero fatigue,” though I find an even better remedy for this condition is not watching superhero movies at all. The action set-pieces are all unmemorable trash, which is par for the course for Marvel product outside of the Captain America films, while the distinguishing element here is the ribald humor, including hedged-bet “offensive” bits of business with Deadpool’s blind, black roommate and gags about getting pegged in the ass and masturbating with an infant-sized hand. I hated the whole thing so much that it long ago ceased to be a movie, transcended mere moviedom to exemplify a streak of all-American nihilism that was impossible to ignore in 2016.
>>
it's seth mcfarlane-tier humor
that said i liked it alright, didnt think it lived up to the word of mouth though
>>
>>83682565
>le chimichangas XD
>>
File: 317.jpg (26KB, 340x399px) Image search: [Google]
317.jpg
26KB, 340x399px
>>83682642
>dresses nicely
>smart and sophisticated
>nice guy
>intellectual
>>
>>83682705
>>83682719
Thanks for proving every single one of my words kids..

See >>83682565 this is what I mentioned before, typical /tv/tards being contrarian.
>>
File: deadpool kino.jpg (81KB, 1085x960px) Image search: [Google]
deadpool kino.jpg
81KB, 1085x960px
>>
File: 1427778067951.jpg (65KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1427778067951.jpg
65KB, 480x640px
>>83682642
>smokes marijuana
>>
>>83682642
This is so fucking accurate LMAO.

Is like one of those moments when you say jew and everyone gets triggered, when is nothing wrong with being Jewish.
>>
If I wanted a funny comic book I'd just do Garfield.

Deadpool is fucking homo
>>
>DUDE 4TH WALL LMAO
>DUDE GUNS HAHAAHHA
>VIOLENCE MAN LMAO
>SEX JOKE

roll credits
>>
>>83682664
So yeah uh the humor in deadpool was pretty bland and breaking the fourth wall all the time felt forced. Oh and the fight scenes were really over the top but not in an innovative kill billesque kind of way.
>y-you're just tryna fit in with the contrarian cool kids!! (which btw are not cool at all!)
>>
>>83682565
nerds who actually have friends liked it
>>
>>83682565
I watched like 15 minutes of it and the 4th wall breaking epic meme humor was too much
>>
>>83682565
Because reddit have been taking him as their Superhero since like 2010? he was great before that and the movie was serviceable it's just the fanbase are all redditors now and normies whilst most superheros have something you relate to Deadpool doesn't they just like the meme jokes without understanding the character he is and how he does it to keep sane/forget about his youth and how he was abused as a child and watched his mother go through the same thing.
>>
>>83682565
It wasn't bad, but definitely overrated. Deadpool should have had a way better story with stronger action. It felt like a Deadpool movie for people who barely know Deadpool. I think the sequel will get it right.
>>
>>83682565
Because this is 4chan 3.0 where hipsters reign and anything and everyone are cucks, where anything and everyone are plebbit, where anything and everyone are retards yet none of the' brave and pure' keyboard warriors who came to this site last summer will offer their own opinion other than "X is trash/reddit/cuck-tier..."

Where anything that has even a semi-mainstream appeal is jumped on by retarded, ladder-conditioned chimpanzees in an utterly transparent appeal to fit in.

4chan has gone from people who say "Fuck You! I like this and i don't give a fuck what you think about it!" to "OMG guise (teehee see how i spelt it, am i part of the group now?), is this cool? Can i like this? Is this kino?"
>>
>>83682915
>>83682944
>>83683013
>>83683057
>>83683100
>R EDDIT LMAO AYYY MEMES HURR DURR
Neo-/tv/ at it's finest.
>>
>>83683228
I didn't mention reddit in my post. Why are you obsessed with reddit?
>>
>>83683228
>Neo-/tv/
newfag detected. /tv/ (and all of 4chan) has hated reddit normie faggots since the website's inception
>>
If I ever make a decision about anything based on whether or not /tv/ approves of it I will put a shotgun in my mouth.
>>
>>83683208
>4chan has gone from people who say "Fuck You! I like this and i don't give a fuck what you think about it!" to "OMG guise (teehee see how i spelt it, am i part of the group now?), is this cool? Can i like this? Is this kino?"
he days while crying about how others post. why don't you just tell your own opinion on the movie instead of this short story about your struggles on an anime image board. that's how I've always posted my opinions on movies and it hasn't caused me any trouble. your issue is that you're afraid not everyone will agree with your open? 4chan has literally always had conflicting opinions in every thread, maybe some other site is more suited for you.
>>
>>83682642
>apple product
>hipster glasses
>isn't even white
l m a o
>>
Because /tv/ users are pathetic losers that seek to feel a sense of superiority through the entertainment they consume
>>
>>83683596
literally not noticing the goatee, low test physique and the acoustic guitar faggotry
>>
When are we getting depressed-pool?
>>
>>83683717
said he, while browsing /tv/, realizing what a pityful self loathing existence he has
>>
File: deadpool-sad.jpg (491KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
deadpool-sad.jpg
491KB, 1200x600px
>>83683821
>>
>>83682642
guy on the left should be the one wearing the fedora here
>>
>>83683520
I thought it was great. One of, if not, the best capeshit movies ever to be made desu.
I thought i was funny and entertaining and i've watched it multiple times and will watch it again in the future.

>why don't you just tell your own opinion on the movie instead of this short story about your struggles on an anime image board

This whole thread is about "Why is this considered "too reddit"?" Which is what my post was aimed at. 'My struggles' as you so eloquently put it was a direct response to OP, hence i replied to them.

This whole thread was about 'why is a film considered shit(reddit)?'
So i answered that question. Honestly, your reading comprehension is atrocious. You accused me of not answering a question that no one asked. OP didn't say " What did you think of this film?" They asked "Why is this considered "too reddit"?"

Do you see the difference? Do you see how your post had nothing to do with either my post or OPs?
>>
>>83683760
Art of the bait my friend. I wasn't going to let the redditors try and attack me or my post on a variety of my criticisms.
Yes, if I saw the "redditor" in that pic exactly as he's supposed to be, I'd probably scream "nigger" at him and then abuse him physically.
I have a feeling the person who posted it doesn't actually go on reddit, but who knows nowadays that so many people here do.
>>
>>83683851
Im at work dude, im getting paid right now while i shitpost on my phone. Youre doing this for free like a faggot
>>
>>83683967
>I have a feeling the person who posted it doesn't actually go on reddit
No shit. That picture has been posted on /b/ regularly for at least 3 or 4 years now. He just edited the "average /b/tard" side and changed it to "average Chan poster"
>>
>>83683951
Whats your favorite run?
>>
>>83684020
that is mighty cool and all, but why hang with pathetic losers when you can hang out at reddit plaza/huffpost entertainment/salon
>>
>>83684209
Because ive been here for close to 10 years and can't leave
>>
File: 1488768977637.jpg (48KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
1488768977637.jpg
48KB, 400x462px
They actually fucking made a movie about Reddit. No dog whistles, no allusions, just pure straight Reddit pleb shit. Every fucking line is a meme. EVERY SINGLE ONE. There isn't one joke or quote in this movie that wouldn't get you at least 50 upvotes. If you were a Bernie Sanders supporter, this flick is for you. If you own a fedora this flick is for you. If you like taking turns with your girlfriend getting rammed in the ass by imported black cock this flick is for you. If you're a normal fucking person who votes Republican and enjoys films about ideas, characters, and interesting settings this piece of shit flick is not for you and given the fact that there are no movies like that anymore because critics and audiences can't get enough meme superhero shit you're better off just finding another hobby or killing yourself.
Fuck Reddit, fuck memes, and fuck whoever likes this piece of shit movie
>>
>>83684093
I've never read any of the comics. I freely admit that. I don't read comics in general, not because i look down on them or anything, i just don't enjoy them. Doesn't mean i can't enjoy the film or like it because i don't 'get it' on your terms. It's not 'yours' in some possessive, nerdy sense and not mine because i haven't read your favourite author/illustrator and their series on Deadpool.
The film made sense in a perfectly contained story. I know who Colossus and Ajax are through watching Xmen cartoons when i was younger.
And while yours is a perfectly valid criticism of the film, however thin it must be wearing by now, that it 'wasn't EXACTLY like the books/comics/source material. Do all the 'runs' match up perfectly? Is the continuity perfect? Or is there more than one version of Deadpool?
If you're honestly trying to play Nerd Top Trumps then fine, you win. Doesn't mean i can't enjoy the film despite your sweaty, passive-aggressive nerd rage.
>>
File: 1491672031182.jpg (9KB, 298x212px) Image search: [Google]
1491672031182.jpg
9KB, 298x212px
>>83684515

I just watched this and I spent the entire movie repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my sofa for the last 30 minutes it was so painful.
>>
File: 1482600315790.jpg (47KB, 500x459px) Image search: [Google]
1482600315790.jpg
47KB, 500x459px
>>83682565
but this is the first capefaggot movie I haven't completely hated.
>>
File: 1441051526809.jpg (33KB, 319x440px) Image search: [Google]
1441051526809.jpg
33KB, 319x440px
>>83684604
You have lost touch with reality anon, please find someone to have relations with. I cant believe one who has even ths faintest sense of love in life would watch this movie in a theater and keep repeating to themselves a mantra that which would prohibit any enjoyment of it for the sake of anons on 4 chan possibly perceiving them as cool. Please get off this site its not too late.
>>
The 'humor' in the movie is as shitty as about 80% of the 'humor' in Deadpool's actual comics.
The action really wasn't very good.

it pales in comparison to Guardians 1 and 2, which are not only funnier and have better action, but are darker as well, especially Vol 2.
>>
>>83682565
If you have to ask it you don't belong here.
>>
>>83684726
Am I the one being baited here?
>>
>>83684726
>responding to copypasta
You have to go back
>>
>>83684515
Cant tell if thats shitposting or pure autism
>>
>>83684599
I just asked about your favorite run you dick.
>>
File: gitgud.gif (4MB, 344x203px) Image search: [Google]
gitgud.gif
4MB, 344x203px
>>83685379
well it can't be autism if you can't comprehend it
>>
>>83682719
>I haven't even looked at the ratings.

Go for it, and you'll see why Hollywood should just wither and die.
>>
>>83685438
Yeah, i realised afterwards that you might not have been the guy i was talking to earlier.
Sorry.
Just read the first sentence. That about covers it
>>
>>83685549
Its cool. You should give comics a try. Deadpool has some great runs. readcomiconline
>>
>>83682565
Fourth wall breaking is lazy comedy emblematic of a generation of snarky, cynical fucks who are terrified of taking anything seriously. Engaging yourself in a film's world and finding humor therein is too much to ask for the ADD generation, rather we should just take the easy way out and make fun of the fact that we're watching a movie right now oooooh teehee how edgy and subversive. In fact, make fun of the concept of movies in general. Throw in a couple real-world pop culture references while you're at it. Take it a step further, have the character reference the actor who is playing him. Why not? It's sure as hell easier than writing an actual joke.

Boring, lazy filth. An absolute chore to watch. If you enjoyed this movie and if you enjoy this style of humor in general (because Deadpool is not the only offender; The Big Short springs to mind) you are everything wrong with society today and seriously, 100% dead ass serious you should consider suicide. The world would be much better off.
>>
Because it's popular and so is Reddit and 4chan hates popular shit because it's a place for bitter man children.
>>
>>83682565
well for starters it's a capeshit movie
>>
>>83685678
People like me who enjoy movies like Deadpool tend to man up, get shit done, and unfortunately, suicide isn't an option for getting shit done...
People like you, who considers everyone and everything around you the problem at some point finally see the light...it's themselves that is the problem, and then they kill themselves...don't forget to facebook it live...
>>
>>83682565
Deadpool is a annoying shit character. He should have never survived the 90's. People should feel bad for making him popular
>>
Movies breaking the fourth wall is common. Every movie that features narration does it as they are talking to the audience.
>>
>>83682565
ITS WAS A TRUE CAPEKINO

perfect mix of the punisher and the joker
>>
>>83682915
kill yourself mr. pleb
>>
>>83686623
Narration encourages engagement and immersion in the film's world, Deadpool's """comedic""" fourth wall breaking is postmodernist schlock that is meant to lampoon movies and immersion in fiction in general.
>>
>>83682565

1 Spiderman 2
2 Deadpool
3 The Avengers
4 Batman Returns
It was one of the best capekino movies of alltime.
Last see the 2nd movie now.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.