[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MST3K

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: mst3k.jpg (794KB, 1400x787px) Image search: [Google]
mst3k.jpg
794KB, 1400x787px
Just watched all of the episodes of MST3K on Netflix. How does the new one compare to the original? Every single fucking episode had me on the floor laughing. It was hilarious. Not a single dull moment. Is the new show any good?

Mike > Joel
>>
The new show changed things just because. Kinga is shit. Max is shit. Jonah, Tom and Crow are too fucking loud and it sounds so forced. Not the casual riffing of the classic that was so fucking comfy.
>>
>>83667865
God damn it that makes me sad to hear. I love the way they all played off each other.
>>
>>83667865
Is it heavy handed SJW shit?
>>
>>83667827

Patton Oswalt and Felicia Day are reason enough to avoid the Netflix series. They're genuinely awful.

As for the riffing, the faster paced style removes the casual "friends in the room with you" atmosphere and sounds more scripted, but the greater frequency of jokes help to pep up the more boring movies.

A shame about the new voices on the bots; they're terrible.
>>
>>83667978
Meh, not really but you can tell there are subjects they avoid. The classic show had quite a few gay jokes. This one does not.
>>
>>83668041
Yep. The riffers are almost screaming their lines and they're so rapid fire they're on top of one another almost. No time to appreciate one before another smacks you in the face.
>>
>>83667827
I've only watched a couple of episodes of the new series and it's not horrible, but it's nothing compared to the original series. The best episodes of the original series I can watch over and over even though I already know nearly every fucking joke.

>>83668130
You know, the rapid fire riffing happens on occasion in the original series too, but not as often and when it does, it doesn't feel nearly as hamfisted. But I specifically noticed it in an old Joel episode the other day, and it was a few too many jokes squeezed into a small space. But they were all good jokes, on the other hand. Wish I remembered what episode it was, but it was one of the Netflix episodes.

>>83668041
I just skip past their segments. Honestly, everything after Frank and Dr. Forrester was shit in the original series too.
>>
>>83667827
>Just watched all of the episodes of MST3K on Netflix.
Just FYI: the official MST3K channel on you tube has a shit ton of episodes. Quality isn't always the best but its a good way to waste a weekend.
Also I don't think netflix has hobgoblins, which is one of my favorites.
>>
http://www.club-mst3k.com
For anyone who didn't already know about it. This site has every episode of the original (I think)
>>
>>83668767
>This site has every episode of the original (I think)

Half the links toepisodes don't work anymore, dude.
>>
>>83668112
Even then, the gay jokes were subtle as hell. One I can think of is a shot in Girl In Gold Boots with two guys sitting next to one another on a beach, and Tom saying "We're thinking of adopting", in a slightly effeminate voice.
>>
>>83668217
Somebody's got a playlist on youtube with all the Mike episodes, or at least the ones that haven't been blocked by the official channel. So between that, and the official, all the episodes are on YouTube.
>>
>>83667978
There's a few jokes here and there about colonialism or the film not having any black people, but they're just one off jokes and then they move on.

Felicia Day and Patton Oswalt are actually not bad in their roles, and since they're the villains they're absent during the actual riffing part of the show.

http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1496851981434.webm
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.