[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I become this likable? What was it about him that made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

How do I become this likable? What was it about him that made him so approachable, and likable?
>>
and likable
>>
and likable
>>
and likable
>>
and likable
>>
and likable
>>
>>83660167
His chin.

Honest answer, magnanimity. You likely aren't, someone with too much personal power, so you cannot be truly magnanimous. But for those who DO have power, it is astoundingly agreeable for these people to show respect and penitence with others not from a place of smug condescension, or self assured superiority , but legitimate concern.
>>
>>83660167
because hes handsome and charming anon. you cant learn it
>>
Well he was well presented, clean cut, attractive, confident, intelligent, dutiful, friendly, kind-hearted, smart, funny, insightful, courageous, very good at his job and willing to go beyond what was required of him to make sure it was done correctly - all of this coming from a sense of moral duty.

If you can tick all those boxes most people will like you too.
>>
its a combo his authority (fbi) and the way he speaks (intelligent and enthusiastically)
>>
Based Dougie!
>>
>>83660167
>Smiles
>Controls his behavior well
>Has moral values and sticks to them
>Knows to reward himself showing that he has great self esteem
>Knows how to talk to people

Next time you find yourself in a situation, just think what would Special Agent Cooper do?
>>
He had an open mind and didnt really look down on anybody
>>
File: Gay.gif (528KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
Gay.gif
528KB, 245x245px
>tfw realized the other day that as a kid I fapped to scenes with Cooper in them more than any other scenes from any other movie due to all the hot sex scenes and pusy in Showgirls having him in the scene too
>>
>>83660242
But Cooper looks like someone that everyone would love even if he just worked at a store. There must be something more to him.
>>
If I started acting like him it would come out as forced and everyone would think I'm a creep. It just happens naturally to some people, I suggest you to give up, OP.
>>
>>83660488
Hardly. he's handsome, smarter then most people around him, and is fairly competent at almost everything he does. Yet when he talks with people, it doesn't appear he is being kind as a show, or to satisfy his own delusions of humility, or that he is immediately dumping all their opinions into a trash file in his head while smiling and nodding on the outside. He's agreeable, certainly, but its his competency merged with his patience and genuine concern for others that puts it over the edge.
>>
>>83660667
>patience and genuine concern for others

Is it possible to learn how to do that?
>>
>>83660800
probably I guess

practice listening to women and actually caring about their stupid problems. You'll develop both patience AND a genuine concern for others
>>
>>83660800
when you start realizing that you don't occupy a world filled with meat puppets and that at the core of every person around you there exists a soul who more or less wants to be loved like yourself, and whose faults, like yours, become exposed often to their own great shame and unwillingness.
>>
>>83660898
So you're saying that Cooper was so likable because he valued every human life? I don't think I do. I don't think I've met a person that does, even if they say they do.

That seems like a really hard thing to do.
>>
>>83660191
>>83660207
>>83660214
>>83660221
>>83660232
lol
>>
>>83660957
You have to make an effort. No one is perfect, but not attempting to at least try and value others, or receding to a cynical misanthropy, is not really as attractive to people as tv or film would lead us to believe.
>>
>>83660167
He is tallish and good looking. Couple that with basic courtesy and you are insanely likable. I mean if you are handsome enough,just not insulting ugly people will make you likable.
>>
>>83660257
I wish Cooper was my dad.
>>
>>83661384
Not there for you for 25 years?
>>
File: blacktears.jpg (60KB, 609x489px) Image search: [Google]
blacktears.jpg
60KB, 609x489px
>>83661413
>>
>>83661413
Oh...I guess he kinda was my dad
>>
>>83660167
He's honest, enthusiastic, kind, passionate and earnest.
>>
>>83660167

the easy answer?

he's good looking. people want to be around attractive people and they automatically like them more than unattractive people. that's not to say you can't be handsome and be hated but it's very hard to be charismatic as fuck if you're not already attractive.
>>
File: 1484254965300.jpg (42KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1484254965300.jpg
42KB, 800x800px
Diane, I [...]
>>
>>83661499
I dunno. Certainly isn't ugly, but he's not really beatiful either. He kinda looks like a dork.
>>
>>83661499
The show is full of good looking people that I hate. But cooper isn't one of them
>>
>>83660167
Practise Zen Buddhism
>>
HELLOOOOoooooOOoOOOOooOOOO
>>
>>83660167
You have to be written and directed by David Lynch
>>
>>83660800
not from a Jedi
>>
>>83661079
this is the crux to everything

all that happiness and purpose bullshit is like a foot above your head but it takes effort to reach it and to hold your hand there

the bad shit happens when you give in and put your hand back down

i always have both hands above my head even when sleeping
>>
>>83662781
Good smart dumb shit anon
>>
>>83660167
Sympathise with the plight of the tibetan people
>>
>>83663513
dumb shit i'll put my hand a foot up your ass u cheeky prick
>>
>>83661073
Reddit humor
>>
File: 1490349155561.jpg (20KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1490349155561.jpg
20KB, 400x300px
He's always chipper/happy and vibes this to others. Always happy with little things like coffee or apple pie and he wants others to succeed.
>>
>>83660898
>at the core of every person around you there exists a soul who more or less wants to be loved

No. I am the only real person and everyone else is less sentient or non sentient
>>
>>83661551
>>83662035
You all are crazy. Kyle Machlachlan is handsome as shit. Especially in his classic Cooper garb.
>>
File: stirner.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
stirner.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>83664570
Nice try, spook
>>
>>83660257
You also need to solve a case in a city where everyone is either a whore, swindler or a murderer so there's some sparking contrast.
>>
>>83660800
Sure, the first step is leaving this cancerous website and never coming back
>>
It seems like some people are just naturally kind hearted and genuine. I want to be a good person but desu I'm naturally mean spirited, so if I was to act like coop it would come off as disingenuous because it would be.
>>
>>83667166
Some people naturally are, yes, but you still have to try at it. I was a very mean person for a lot of my life, but i eventually made the conscious effort to try and be nicer. It felt really forced at first, sure, but eventually you see the effects it has on people and begin to enjoy doing it sincerly. Its not like every action is a chore, it just seems that way at first, you get to the point when positive interactions are just that, mostly just positive for both people.
>>
>>83660167
HelLLoooOooOooo
>>
>>83660167
his proficiency for jackpots
>>
>>83668171
HelllLOOOOOOOooooooooooooo
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.