[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Admit it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 251
Thread images: 13

You grew up with the prequels and you loved them. You only started hating it when it was cool to do
>>
>>83656464
I dont even have a gf and u are trying to make me even more sad
>>
>>83656464
I still like them, but people call me retard all the time so I am not sure it means much
>>
>>83656464

it became "cool" to hate the prequels the moment they were released because they were shit
>>
>>83656464
I only liked the ending of Episode 2 because of the explosions and laser fire.
>>
>>83656464
I watched the prequels as a yound kid and thought they were cool, they sparked my initial love of star wars and later love of film.

I watched episode 3 with my dad on his death bed

then i saw the rlm stuff and browsed /tv/ more and now i say i hate them
>>
>>83656606

>I watched episode 3 with my dad on his death bed

damn. did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise? he could save others from death
>>
i heard they were bad so i never watched them. still haven't.
>>
>>83656464
People were young kids when they saw the prequels? wtf
>>
>>83656464
I was 24 when TPM came out. Didn't hate the prequels. But the Special Editions. My God. It's really hard for me to forgive that horseshit.
>>
>>83656464

I just saw rogue one and loved it !

It redeemed vader
>>
>>83659198
>I was 24 when TPM came out.
Holy shit. I was 9 and I feel old on this board. I did see it opening night with my dad and my sister, probably the best theater experience I've ever had since the theater was filled with teenagers who oooohhhh'dd and made fun of the love scenes
>>
>>83659404
Nobody even knows or can know the age of the average poster here.
>>
I only really liked Padme 2bh, but I guess the movies were okay, I didn't really evaluate them at the time
I was 7 AotC came out and I didn't know what was going on in the film, I just knew that I especially liked the Padme scenes for some reason
>>
>>83656464
Prequels were hated literally from day one. Where exactly did the idea that Plinkett popularized prequel hate come from? Did people who grew up with the prequels like them? Everyone else hated them.
>>
It's not cool to hate on star wars. Having a strong opinion on anything related to star wars is about as far away from cool as you can get.
>>
>>83656464
I grew up with the originals and was like 20 when episode 1 came out.

It sucked then and it sucks now. Ironically, a lot of old school fans defended them until the dust settled. So hating on them was always contrarian/
>>
I grew up with the Original Trilogy and love the Prequels when they came out and still do because I'm not retarded and understood them.
>>
No. I grew up with the OT. i never hated the prequels
>>
>>83656464
Ever the contrarion, I always thought they were overrated until I started noticing how hard Lucas tried to create some deeper themes than most blockbusters were willing to explore at the time.
Beneath the veneer of merchandising and flash, there's some genuinely sad moments that a better director could have probably pulled off.
The alternative interpretations where JarJar is a double agent, or that the Jedi are evil only adds to my enjoyment of the films.
>>
These movies are based on books right? So someone spoil it for me. What happens at the end? Anakins son Luke is the real chosen one and he kills that old guy, lord sith or whatever and the saves the federation?

Who the girl and the black boy then? Does all that happen after the dark side is defeated by Luke? Who are the new evil ppl? Are the Jedi all back again like before that black Jedi betrayed them?
>>
I have never seen the Plinkett reviews and still I think they are total garbage.
>because I'm not retarded and understood them.
You are a legit retard.
>>
>>83656679

Fucking kek'd
>>
>>83656464
>You grew up
well this seems like a major point
>>
>>83656555
Beautiful fives
>>
>>83656464
Nope. I watched the original trilogy as a kid. Was 8 when Episode 1 came out and was excited to see it but I always preferred the older ones.
My weird autistic brother loves Episode 2 though. He absolutely loves Jango Fett and the clones.
>>
>>83656679
10/10
>>
If you still give a shit about star was then it's obvious you haven't grown up yet
>>
I was 18 when the prequels started coming out. Saw the Phantom Menace in the theater. My first reaction was, "What the fuck was that?" What's all this trade federation bullshit? What's this shit with the senate? Why would they send every single robot out to fight the nigger frogs?
>>
>>83656464
yup
>>
>>83660174
I was 25
And you're correct
They are garbage
Star Wars was best with only 3
>>
>>83656464
Even as a kid I gravitated towards the OT way more than anything prequel-related. Most of the action figures I bought were frok the OT, my favourite characters were from the OT, the Star Wars video games I played were based on tne OT. I didn't even watch the Clone Wars cartoon because I wasn't interested in that 'era' of Star Wars.
>>
>>83660174
>>83660231
>>83663031
>>83663645
Old mutha fuckas
I'm with ya
Saw the original at drive in 77
I was 4
The prequels are shiny nothing but better than what we are getting now
>>
>>83656555
So much this
I hate the meme about RLM (don't even really know who they are) and how at some point it became cool to hate the prequels. People hated the prequels the second they came out. People were talking shit on the prequels in AOL chatrooms while downloading Sugar Ray songs at 8kbps.
With that said, those movies have been getting unjustly tore apart for almost 20 years. Looking back and putting the trilogy as a whole (ROTS is the best Star Wars film, fite me) it really works out to be pretty fucking cool.
>>
>>83656464
I never hated them though
I only dislike Clone Wars because its horribly acted movie and that hasn't changed
>>
>>83656464
I grew up with the OT. My thoughts/story I'm a bit older than a lot of ppl here I guess => I was hyped for TPM but about 60% of it was disappointing. I put aside my criticism and trusted Lucas, imo he just needed to establish some boring plot to get things rolling. When AOTC came out it was confirmation that this was seriously going in the wrong direction. All that plot from TPM led up to nothing, Maul died never mentioned again, trade federation in the background. It was like a reset and now more boring plot to establish what's going on...again. I hated Hayden Christiansen as Anakin and the love dialogue was painful af, and CGI just looked like a fucking cartoon desu. And the main antagonist, Maul, was completely forgotten about, they didn't even mention him again. They were hunting another random person that had nothing to do with the previous film named Count Dooku, BUT the exact point I knew Lucas fucked up catastrophically was when he had Yoda pull out the lightsaber. That was when I was like 'Fuck this'. It was really fucking depressing actually because I had spent like ten years getting hyped for these films. Finally, when ROTS came out and I saw it and left the theatre, I was just baffled. I really felt so burned by it. Then he kept going back to his old films and adding shitty CGI to them and making ridiculous edits that were retard-tier. He even edited one of my favorite movies THX-1138 with ridiculous CGI that looks so out of place.
>>
The prequels are pretty terrible compared to the OT. I think after all these years, George was rusty, he wasn't confident he could make another great trilogy, that's why he started with making the special editions to warm up. Then he made the prequels to see if he was good again. Only after that would he feel confident to tackle the sequel and bring back the old cast.
It never happenned, and he let Disney do what he was the most afraid of, ruin the OT with a sequel
>>
NO PROFIT
>>
Shut your dirty underaged whore mouth.

There are only 2.5 star wars movies, and there never will be more. Also Han shot first.
>>
I grew up with the OT and I liked the prequels and I still like the prequels.
I'm not going to be swayed by some internet faggots with no life who have to pick apart not one, but THREE separate movies scene by fucking scene.
>>
>>83664733
>.5
Are we counting the holiday special as canon now?
>>
>>83656464
This
The prequels were undeniably the best films in the series, these original moves before the prequels are actual garbage.
>>
I still hold my childhood opinion that they're better than the OT
>>
>>83656679
Fuck
>>
I grew up with the prequels and I love them, always have and always will, and I didn't even know there were other older movies until I was 16 and when I finally watched them I was pretty fucking disappointed to be honest.
>>
>>83656464
I grew up with the OT. Try again.
>>
>>83656464
Fuck you. I long for the reinstatement of a national military draft. Your entire generation are useless.
>>
File: 1488229091286.jpg (362KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1488229091286.jpg
362KB, 1106x1012px
>>83656464
I was 8 when the Phantom Menace came out. I saw it in theaters and loved it.

I was 11 when Attack of the Clones came out. I distinctly remember not liking it when we saw it in theaters because:
- Yoda flipping around and having a lightsaber were total bullshit and betrayed his character
- Anakin's acting (direction) was so bad it even put me off as a fat little kid
- The love scenes felt weird and unfomfortable
- Jango Fett died (not saying this is a valid reason but I'm being completely honest)

I was 14 when Revenge of the Sith came out, and I remember seeing it in theaters and being pretty jaded to the whole experience. I liked the cool alien and planet designs like Grievous, but that was about it. I actually dropped my jaw during the NOOOOOOOO scene, I could not believe what I was seeing.

The point of this post is that not everyone who saw these movies as kids liked all of them with no strings attached. I'm not saying I was some super smart edgemaster kid, the opposite in fact. If a fat bumbling retard kid knows something isn't right with Episode 2, I couldn't possibly be the only one.
>>
>>83659404
Don't worry, this guy is is just LARPing
>>
>>83656464
thought phantom menace was boring and have never seen attack of the clones to this day. i was born in 1997 and had the originals on vhs and watched them quite regularly.
>>
>>83664572
>BUT the exact point I knew Lucas fucked up catastrophically was when he had Yoda pull out the lightsaber. That was when I was like 'Fuck this'
This is the exact same experience I had. I remember our theater cheered and clapped too. This is the moment I knew George Lucas has lost his fucking mind.
>>
For years I imagined what the prequels would be like and it was NOT like what we got. I always imagined Anakin as looking darker, more like a young Daniel Day Lewis. Queen Amidala should probably have looked more like Mary Elizabeth Winstead. Ewan was ok as Kenobi but his character should not have been so stiff. I imagined the Jedi as more like highlanders in character than Samurai.

Imo, the clone wars should have been about Sith being cloned Jedi knights made roughshod making them all fucked up physically (explaining the monkey eyes on the Emperor in the original version of TESB) being used as warriors against the Jedi. There should have been WAY more scenes showing Anakin's flying prowess and his abilities with a light saber. There should have been only one main Antagonists => Sideous / The Emperor, the rest should have been a sort of league of lesser cloned Jedi. Ships should have looked real and weathered light CGI for atmospheric effects, that is all. The majority of the films should have taken place in space in Anakin's ship, with Obiwan at his side and Amidala a lot like Cowboy bebop.

He should have turned to the dark side because he wasn't powerful enough to protect his family, the whole time being force-cucked by The Emperor who killed his wife and (supposedly) his children and forces him to do his bidding like Reek from GOT. In his hatred, he takes his anger out on the Jedi who he views as responsible. Could have been cool in this sort of direction.
>>
>>83665301
>the clone wars should have been about Sith being cloned Jedi knights
holy shit this is stupid
>>
>>83656464
I started hating them when I threw in my episode II dvd in middle school hoping to have a fun old time and then realizing that the movie was shit. This was in 2004 well before Plinkett shit as I prepared for Episode III to come out. I had had uncles and older family members tell me they didn't like the new star wars but I loved them when I was a kid. I still liked the games and shit back then because of course 11 year old me did, but otherwise I started to grow out of it then
>>
File: tumblr_o5ukz68gp81sakjfto1_500.jpg (58KB, 422x598px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5ukz68gp81sakjfto1_500.jpg
58KB, 422x598px
This was pretty much the way I imagined Anakin Skywalker to look like before the prequels came out.
>>
>>83663703
>getting unjustly tore apart for almost 20 years
>ROTS is the best Star Wars film, fite me
wew lad
>>
>>83665179
I had a pretty similar experience. Except I was still a little overcome with, "Oh cool lightsabers and lasers" when AOTC came out.
Revenge of the Sith was definitely when I was old enough that I started being at least a little critical. I couldn't have described why I disliked RoTS, I just vividly remember being horribly fucking bored by it.

It was probably around 16/17 when I rewatched the entire Trilogy and actually started to formulate reasonable notions beyond 'it was boring' as to why they were just bad films.

That being said, I do give the Prequels one major credit, and that is I actually prefer the music. I firmly believe that had the prequels actually been decent films in every other respect, the scores would likely be considered better than the OT by most.
>>
>>83656464
I grew up with the prequels but was old enough to hate them because Lucas clearly targeted his films towards younger children (under 12). Seriously fuck that guy.
>>
>>83665331
compared to "and the jedi were stupid and they all died the end," that's literature.
>>
>>83665419
No not really, it sounds about the same as Darth Icky
>>
>>83665458
so its on par with what the prequels ended up being
>>
>>83656464
I saw Phantom Menace when I was still young enough to like it. Attack of the Clones not so much.
>>
>>83665470
Right, so I'm saying your ideas weren't any better than the shit they came up with.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (54KB, 1436x816px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
54KB, 1436x816px
>>83665331
Maybe the way you are imagining it is stupid because you have a stupid imagination. The dark side of the force recreated a small moon using technology, it recreated vehicles that looked like animals with technology, Darth Vader himself seemed more machine than man. It seemed like the trajectory of the dark side to manipulate and control nature using technology and to use it to serve the Emperor. And the Emperor himself looked like he had been malformed in the original version of TESB. The fact that I imagined the clone wars to be in alignment with this trajectory isn't 'stupid'. You are stupid.
>>
>>83665490
>your

anyway structuring the clone wars in a manner that establishes some real reason for the jedi being wiped out, other than the fact they're all idiots, is automatically superior to what the prequels ended up being.
>>
My dad was a huge Star Wars fan, did some design work for Kenner and had some of the original casts for their Star Wars toy line (he would have to sell most of them off to pay for Christmases after my mom plunged our family into debt with rampant gambling and shitty credit card practices). I remember him being really excited for The Phantom Menace, but then he was so fucking sad after it came out. He hated it. I used to watch it when I was younger just for the podracing and the last fight with Maul, but he would audibly groan when seeing it on. I think my opinion of them may have been colored by his hatred for them.

I actually watched Attack of the Clones the most because it had a lot of Obi-Wan off by himself doing stuff and he was my favorite character.
>>
>>83656464
Sure I was 11 I think when podracing extreme came out I fucking loved it. I had seen the originals more than once before that too, my next door neighbor had them on video.

My and my brother got podracing Lego sets and would race then around the house

Loved the podracing game on the 64

Clone wars came out, also cool but I was getting older and things my brother thought were cool I automatically didn't think was cool

The last one came out I was pretty jaded I think I have only sitll seen it one time?

I have seen the phaton menace again since and still love it so you hates can go fuck yourselves.

Straight up if your on /tv/ and were young enough to see the original at the cinema you are a fucking dweeb and should rethink your life, if you are just a hipster about it all then just kys
>>
>>83665372
Oh yeah, for sure on the score. Williams brought his fucking A-Game for the music. I remember after Phantom Menace came out we bought the soundtrack CD and our family would just have it going on in the background nonstop everywhere we went. So fucking good.

It's part of the reason why I walked out of TFA pretty bitter. Did Williams even try? What the fuck even was that score, besides Rey's theme? It's almost nonexistent. That and the fact that I realized about an hour after I first saw it that I was actually tricked into watching a soft reboot instead of a proper sequel.
>>
>>83665519
>what is an anonymous imageboard
I'm assuming if you care enough to reply that I'm talking to the original poster of the post.

Believe it or not, what they went with could have been more believable if they would have bothered to establish and ground it more. Maybe have some scenes with Palpatine and Maul/Dooku working some ancient powerful Sith voodoo magic to cloud the Jedi counsel's minds. They don't have enough power to influence every single Jedi, but when lower ranking Jedi like Anakin and Obi-Wan try to approach the council about the Clone Army being wrong, the council just tells them to fuck off.

Then maybe a big part of Episode 2 is that the Jedi council has become corrupted and arrogant. Make it about Obi-Wan and Anakin teaming up to expose the corruption and discovering Palpatine is influencing them. Leave it on a cliffhanger maybe, to set up the third act. That would have been a lot more compelling.
>>
>>83656464
Nope. I grew up with the OT in the 90s when they re-released the original versions on VHS a couple of years before the Special Editions came to theaters. I was in high school by the time TPM was out. I always liked the PT (even AotC, which has a certain nostalgic value for me), but there was always something "off" about them that I couldn't quite put my finger on, outside the obvious shit like "Jar Jar sucks". The PT was already shit on pretty hard well before RLM did the Plinkett reviews, they were just the first ones to really spell out why they were subpar.
>>
>>83665553
>It's part of the reason why I walked out of TFA pretty bitter.
I got in for free because a friend couldn't go and as someone who had absolutely 0 hype my thought process was, "Well at least I'll get to listen to another incredible WIlliams' score".

Probably the most fucking wrong I've ever been in my life. It's like as if the Disney execs told him to make a score as non-existent and forgettable as the typical Marvel movie. Even Rey's theme is pretty average, it sounds like a binned Prisoner of Azkaban composition he found and just went, "Yeah that'll do".
>>
>>83665680
Yeah it was really the first time I started to break the conditioning that "bringing all the original people back for a project is the only way it can ever be good and recapture the magic". Williams needs to step aside and let more talented composers build off of what he established.
>>
I actually felt super disappointed and angry after watching TPM, i think i was 13-14 years old when it was released.
>>
>>83665504
and Clone armuy fit this exact theme. remeber that republic is not good guys in the prequels, and Jedi losing their way was the point
>>
>>83656464
I hated only the love parts of ep2 and little anakin parts of ep1.
When TFA came out, i started to love prequels even more. Because now you can compare the real star wars and shitty disney cashgrab for pajeets.
>>
>>83656464
>You grew up with the prequels and you loved them.
yup.
>You only started hating it when it was cool to do
no, i started hating them when i rewatched them as a teenager with a more fully developed brain.
>>
>>83656464
Too old to have grown up with them. They were shit from the start.
>>
>>83665522

we're the same age and I thought TPM was lame when it came out

I remember liking AOTC better because of epic jedi v droid battle but I rewatched them both in anticipation of ROTS release and realized how horrible they were

ROTS I liked a lot and still do
>>
>>83665717
Look at Jeremy Soule and what he accomplished musically with Knights of the Old Republic. There was only a couple of themes they re-used from the films, everything else was new but it fit absolutely flawlessly with both the game locations and the Star Wars Universe in general.

Take the main theme for example - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSKvMyruPTA
I would not be at all weirded out if a Star Wars movie begun with something along the lines of that. Different, unique, but still just "feels" Star Wars-y.

I'm sure there's plenty of composers out there who could pull off something to similar effect.
>>
>>83665522
>Straight up if your on /tv/ and were young enough to see the original at the cinema you are a fucking dweeb and should rethink your life
why?
>>
>watch aotc
>like 80 jedis just run blindly into blaster fire waiving their lightsabers around using no powers on an open field and get killed to a man

I just couldn't accept this. It goes against everything i thought about jedis.
>>
>>83656679

holy shit
>>
>>83665761
> and Clone army fit this exact theme.

Actually, you are correct. But I still think both ideas could have fit the theme and that Lucas executed the clone army idea in a piss poor way. The devil is in the details when it comes to stuff like this. For example, someone could write down 'Attack vehicle that looks like a camel' in text and someone can come along as say THATS STUPID AF! But when you see it done correctly in TESB, it's a whole other story. You need a good imagination.

> remeber that republic is not good guys in the prequels, and Jedi losing their way was the point

True, but I think that is another part of why the prequels were so bad. We had no real antagonist (they keep changing with every film), no real protagonist (Obiwan? Anakin? Qui Gonn? ) and the plot itself is a complete mess, who are the good guys and who are the bad guys? If this had been ironed out from the beginning it would have been a clearer story.
>>
>>83656464
I've always loved the prequels...Revenge is one of my favorites : )
>>
>>83666210
I always considered Palpatine/Sidious to be the overarching villain, the rest are just pawns

Would have legitimately joined the Confederacy if that was a choice that had to be made, my taxes are not going to pay for corrupt Coruscant senators and handouts wookiees
>>
>>83666210
it's been said multiple times, Lucas is a great storyteller, but a terrible writer, and prequels suffered from that. I actually still enjoy prequels for their imagination and overall story, but they have glaring flaws thay could have been avoided if Lucas asked competent screenwriters for help with fleshing out his ideas. small stuff like starting Dookus arc in Ep I when he was still a Jedi, explaining Separartist mmotivations more, having clone wars take more screen time, showing Jedi straying from their code and being invested in politics and lust for power more, more subtle forshadowing of Anakins fall instead of having him genocide sand people and above all better dialogues. Prequels really are not bad movies, they were amazing from techical standpoint and overall story of Anakin and fall of the Republic was great, they suffered from shitty scripts and George second guessing himself
>>
>>83664924
Half of rotj is shit
>>
>>83666210
>We had no real antagonist (they keep changing with every film)
that would be Sheev, with Dooku and Grevious as secondary antagonists. but I agree that it was done kinda poorly, plot could use more exposition on this part, maybe something like round table conversation in ANH
>no real protagonist (Obiwan? Anakin? Qui Gonn? )
Anakin and Obi Wan, that was done ok imo
>who are the good guys and who are the bad guys?
blurred lines were kind of the point, its even spelled out in the crawl for rots (there are heroes on both sides). commentary on how figure of authority can rise to absoulte power by creating arifical conflict and manipulating it was the best part of prequels
>>
Prequels are kino, ROTS is the best Star Wars movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQBV9pXleF0&
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUbXyd-fK8Q&t=8s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn2OEZ0HFjE&t=7s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHqdESArkqU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9wyAXH9n3w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9-K1cxj6IQ&
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i94r3-zOhoc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tMZdrUx8eM&
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ME5jhsgmB4&t=3s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVczx7GIWXc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfevBIsVG1o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-0DUjrUUtQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dylqDO4uEXc
>>
>>83656464
I admit alright?

I only started hating "Ernest Scared Stupid" "Ernest Joins the Army" and "Alvin and the Chipmunks The Motion Picture" when i got older

Clearly im a shill since my 6-8 yo film taste is much better than my ideas as an adult.
>>
>>83664572
>the main antagonist, Maul
Darth Maul wasn't the main antagonist. Palpatine was. The film title is literally a reference to him.
>>
File: RotsPoster.jpg (224KB, 1012x1500px) Image search: [Google]
RotsPoster.jpg
224KB, 1012x1500px
>>83666892

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZq53GloUhw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYT3ctPuVRw&t=133s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czvVyOcxAxQ&t=9s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwEECZjnPEM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTGvLP6NS_I&
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AvpT3YxQb8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx52--WmLQs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0r4jNhG9Z4&
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0r4jNhG9Z4&
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c7jNYpPFzE&
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYcUq4g6rGs&
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOhZ5wD6u7A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu3qoIsGzUM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KYxYOo2RnA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8J2l0XQG0g&
>>
>>83666892
>>83667088
NOW THIS IS SHITPOSTING
>>
File: 1496170822884.gif (2MB, 280x240px) Image search: [Google]
1496170822884.gif
2MB, 280x240px
17 years old when episode 1 came out. Rogue One is as bad as the prequels imo.
>>
>>83656464
I admit when I was a young lad my favorite was episode III, but that was only because it was the only prequel that was interesting in any way, and at that time I found the slow pace of the originals (as well as pretty much every movie of the time) pretty boring. I just learned to appreciate film.
>>
>>83665625
>tries to cite anonymous imageboard when he clearly doesn't understand it

... argue with ideas, not people, nigger.

The biggest problem with the prequels is the entire story boils down to "everyone was stupid, most everyone died, the end." You can't really do anything to make that better. Palpatine doesn't come off as competent at any point, just slightly less stupid and more driven than anyone else. Anakin's fall boils down to how he was really fucking stupid. The republic's dissolution boils down to how they were all really fucking stupid. The purging of the jedi, again boils down to how they were all extremely stupid. Then in the end palpatine is crowned victorious by the fact he just happened to be there when everything fell and not even so much as a result of his actions.

The only way to really salvage this is the shit you're talking about, palpatine using the force to make the entire galaxy stupid.

A different direction to go, with what was there, could've been having the phantom menance be the jedi themselves, thus the reason qui gon is so dismissive of obiwan perceiving something off about literally everything. A cancer growing from within the order itself that destroys the entirety of the civilization they were instrumental in building. As power corrupts, and the jedi had just about total dominion over galactic civilization.
>>
>>83667165
Stop being me.
>>
>>83667251
so wrong and so adamant in your wrongness, bravo
>>
>>83656464

Phantom Menace was a gigantic shitstorm when it came out.

I remember even video game magazines shitting on it.
>>
>>83667306
Your lack of counter argument is noted.
>>
>>83656464
No, I saw the first one in theatres when I was 9 and thought it was fucking awful. I hadn't even seen the original trilogy and I thought that movie was so bad I had no interest in watching the older one either. Still haven't seen ep1 or 2 and see no reason to ever.
>>
>>83656464
dude if you do this for forty years and someone actually notices your forced meme it will be like you're getting all the love mommy and daddy never gave you
keep it up and try super hard and be thirsty i really want to see you sweating even more than you are now
you're going to be the worlds most sexually active billionaire by the end of the year at this rate
keep forcing that meme dude it's just really worth while and purposeful so get it done ok
>>
>>83663307
unironically this. who goes to these movies to make them so profitable? how many kids are there?
>>
>>83667414
not the anon you're arguing with, but you've just made broad and conclusive statements without a shred of evidence or support. They're also wrong lol

>everyone was dumb

plebbery
>>
>>83667416
ep 2 and 3*
>>
>>83659198
>40+ year old browsing /tv/
>>
I never cared for the prequels but back then I was still giving it the benefit of the doubt; maybe it just wasn't for me, maybe I missed some important things, etc..
What made me care about Star Wars again was KOTOR.
>>
>>83664572
>the main antagonist, Maul
I guess old age comes with a heavy dose of retardation, because even as a kid I realized Maul wasn't the main antagonist, even in the Phantom Menace.
>>
>>83664733
But, anon, with just Revenge of the Sith, the Empire Strikes Back and half of Return of the Jedi, the franchise is a jumbled mess of plot points that don't tie together in any coherent way.
>>
>>83667481
>first scene
>hey qui gon, something seems wrong about all this
>just ignore it obiwan
>*ambush*
>>
I have since started watching mature movies for adults like the MCU.
>>
By the time I was 9 or 10 and saw ep1 I thought guys like Bruce Willis in Die Hard or Scwarzenegger in T2 or Predator were cool.

Where does this meme that kids like kid actors come from? No one likes kid actors. Kids like muscular dudes who kick ass.

I remember my impression of the movie being: the kid actor was lame, jar-jar binks was annoying, everyone else just walked slowly and talked about politics or the force or some shit I didn't care about.
>>
>Be me, 7 years old
>See Phantom Menace, love it
>Xmas and mum gets me a talking Jar Jar Binks
>Sleep with him all the time. He has a built in clock to wake me up for school
>Fast forward 10 years
>Read about how the prequels are gay and Jar Jar Binks was the worst part of the film
>Go up the loft and find old Jar Jar
>Dusty and leaking batteries
>Fix him up, replace batteries
>Hi Ima Jar Jar Binks Meesa like you

Y-you t-too buddy Y-you too
>>
>>83665179
>I actually dropped my jaw during the NOOOOOOOO scene
There was no "NOOOOOOOO" in the theatrical release of Revenge of the Sith.
You're a dirty scummy liar.
>>
>>83656464
I admit it. I saw episode 1 when I was a kid and loved it and bought a shitton of toys related to it. I started hating it after the Plinkett reviews.
>>
>>83667605
"I don't sense anything."
Qui-Gon Jinn, actual Jedi Master
>>
I started hating it once a bunch of anonymous autists on a Laotian candlemaking forum told me to
>>
>>83666444
>>83666968

Palpatine played the same role in the PT as he did in the OT, basically he was in the shadows 99% of the time. I am comparing the main visceral antagonist, ie: what Vader was in the OT. There is no counterpart in the PT, or if there is it is fractured into these different antagonists and it's not creative it's just scatterbrained. As soon as one film builds up a relationship between the protagonists and Maul, he's gone. Then with Dooku, he's gone. Then with Grievous, he's gone. There is not much static between entities to really stew in, it's makes the relations between characters feel pretty cheap, imo.

>>83666845
> Anakin and Obi Wan, that was done ok imo

They changed actors after TPM, so it was like we were just getting to know him all over again. And TPM seemed more like Qui Gon was the main protagonist of the film up until the end, then in AOTC it was sort of split between him and Obiwan. This protagonist fuzziness is kind of problematic imo. You can have multiple people but I think you need one consistent main good guy and one consistent main bad guy in a movie like this.

>>83666564
The cgi was extremely shitty also.
>>
>>83667619
you are American
>>
>>83656464
i did like the prequels, and they have a special spot for me. that doesnt mean i like them now. i dont watch blues clues anymore either but i wouldve considered it good at one point in time in my life.
>>
>>83667658
I'm scottish retard
>>
>>83665504
>the dark side of the force recreated a small moon [...], it recreated vehicles that looked like animals
I refuse to believe anyone is stupid enough to believe the Dark Side had anything at all to do with the creation of the Death Star, AT-ATs and AT-STs.
>>
>>83667665
same thing tbqh
>>
>>83667691
lol if you say so internet man
>>
>>83667554
> I mistakenly think I'm clever because I figured out that Palpatine was the main villain of the PT

Maul was VISCERALLY the main antagonist in TPM. He played the role that Darth Vader played in ANH. That was obviously what I was referring to. Holy shit you are a sperglord.
>>
>>83667627
You're misremembering. Quigon specifically acknowledges what obiwan is sensing and tells him to ignore it and focus on the immediate situation.

Then they get ambushed.
>>
>>83666845
Anakin was the worst part in all the movies if you ignore Jar Jar.
If it wasn't for Ewan McGregor there would be no part in the prequels I enjoyed.
>>
>>83667648
They changed exactly one actor from the trio of protagonists from The Phantom Menace. Anakin's.
Obi-Wan and Anakin are very clearly the protagonists, even in fucking Phantom Menace.
>>
>>83667727
>He played the role that Darth Vader played in ANH
He didn't.
Darth Vader in ANH was clearly in the upper echelons of the Empire, while Maul is very clearly just a literal who lackey.
>>
>>83667677
>I refuse to believe anyone is stupid enough to believe the Dark Side had anything at all to do with the creation of the Death Star, AT-ATs and AT-STs.

Holy shit are you ppl brain damaged or something? Who the fuck else made them? The Empire, led by The Emperor (a dark force user) created the Death Star, AT-ATs and AT-STs. They literally say this in the fucking film.
>>
>>83667251
>everyone is stupid, they're all stupid
This is really dismissive and hand-waving. The idea of the prequels was that the Jedi had grown complacent and arrogant, and their hubris was their downfall. The problem is the execution, George just bungled it up with terrible dialogue and wooden acting.

The core premise still works. You have this thousand year galactic republic that has had no real conflict or strife, and the Jedi are sitting on their high horses. They're distracted by the false flag war Palpatine orchestrates, so they fail to see his rise to power.

Your ideas are fucking retarded, please stop posting.
>>
>>83667890
Yes, everyone gets the idea lucas was going for.

The problem is that idea was characterized by everyone except darth antagonist making the stupidest decisions possible at every step of the way.
>>
They're garbage. Bad designs, bad writing, bad characters, terrible plot.

Only good things are clones and Sheev.
>>
Kids tend to like shitty movies. You cant expect them to hate something with the same passion as a 30 year old virgin.
>>
>>83667815
> They changed exactly one actor from the trio of protagonists from The Phantom Menace. Anakin's.

And this was a mistake in my opinion. They should have had one consistent actor and started TPM off with him being older. Or they could have waited for the actor to age and then shoot the films a few years later when he is older. The audience could get more invested in the character. If suddenly Luke was a completely different actor in TESB that would be really fucking jarring.

> Obi-Wan and Anakin are very clearly the protagonists,

And I think that's kind of a problem, the main "protagonist" is a haze between two people we barely know or care about which imo does not work.

> even in fucking Phantom Menace.

I would say TPM was a mix of Quigon and Obiwan. Anakin felt more like a side character in TPM.
>>
>>83667648
>The cgi was extremely shitty also.
underage pls, FOR ITS TIME prequels were absolute technical masterpieces and were leading the trends in various filmmaking techniques. not only use of green screen, but also blending different takes into the final one, blending CGI with real takes, stuff like that that is common now was first done by prequels
>>
>>83667863
> He didn't. Darth Vader in ANH was clearly in the upper echelons of the Empire, while Maul is very clearly just a literal who lackey.

Look up the word visceral. I'm not talking about the plot, I'm talking about the screen presence of the character. I didn't say Maul was the same as Vader. Obviously I'm not saying this because Vader didn't die in ANH, holy fuck you are an epic sperglord.
>>
File: Inspector_gadget_ver2[1].jpg (35KB, 296x438px) Image search: [Google]
Inspector_gadget_ver2[1].jpg
35KB, 296x438px
Well yeah, when I was a kid I also loved Inspector Gadget movie, even more so then sw prequels
Kids are dumb and have no taste, what's your point?
>>
>>83668064
It didn't look like the Star Wars universe. It looked like someone showing off what their computers can do.
>>
>>83665331
>>83665301
>the clone wars should have been about Sith being cloned Jedi knights
kek
>jedi master Kenobi vs his sith clones Keenobi Keeenobi and Keeeenobi
>>
>>83667866
>he thinks Palpatine sat down and drew blueprints for every military vehicle the empire used
We see the earlier designs of all those things in the prequels, they're Republic/CIS design
>>
>>83667620
Lol what. WHAT.

Please tell me this is a bait post. Please. I saw the fucking movie in theaters. It happened. Please tell me you're just thinking of the NO in Return of the Jedi that they added to the blu ray. No one can be this stupid.
>>
>>83668204>
>83665331

One could say 'kek'...a space station that looks like a small moon, how stupid. der der. 'kek' a vehicle that looks like a camel and shoots lasers, how dumb. 'kek' a laser sword, gay. People like you two have no imagination all you do is 'kek' your whole life while other people have fun and interesting ideas. Cloned Jedi could have been a cool idea if well executed. Fuck LOTR basically used a similar concept with birthing those magic fuckwads and you people jizz your pants over it.
>>
>>83668168
>It didn't look like the Star Wars universe
subjective, but for me aesthetics and designs were in line with OT. seeing protoplasts of empire war machinery in republic army was especially cool, you could see how their technology evolved
>It looked like someone showing off what their computers can do.
almost like special effects is a major part of filmmaking, with it's own cathegory at oscars and shit. again, now prequels may look dated at times, but when they came out they broke new grounds and lead a revolution in special effects
>>
>>83668166
VISUALIZE YOUR THOUGHTS
>>
>>83668204
>not Obi Wan vs OB2
one job anon
>>
>>83668351
special effects without a story is a pretty boring thing

even in 1999 people thought of this. something like the titanic looking realistic was awesome because it served a purpose in the plot. it's entirely different to "look at what our computers can do" which is how the prequels felt. every scene was designed to show off as much futuristic computer imagery as possible and the movie suffered from it.
>>
No, faggot, I saw the phantom menace in the cinema when I was 12. I'd been playing the tits off of Rogue Squadron on the N64 and I was hyped. It was just shit. I slowly lost interest in Star Wars, never saw the other prequels (because even at 12 I was a better man than most here) and that was that.
>>
>>83668283

It doesn't matter who designed the plans in the plot you brickhead, I'm talking about the visceral presence of The Empire, it was implied The Empire built it before the shitty PT came out.
>>
>>83667620
>2005 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith DVD

>Despite Lucasfilm's official statement that there were absolutely no changes made to the theatrical version of the film, the November 1, 2005 DVD release of Revenge of the Sith had a few slight changes from the theatrical cut.

>In the scene where a shot transitions to Vader crawling up the lava bank, a wipe from the shot of Obi-Wan and Threepio in the cockpit of Padmé's ship leaving Mustafar to Vader's mechanical hand grasping at the volcanic soil has been replaced with a straight cut to this shot from the cockpit of Padmé's ship on the DVD.

>There is a different wipe and slightly shorter "Noooo!!" from Darth Vader.
>slightly shorter Noooo
>IT FUCKING HAPPENED
Are you actually, clinically retarded?
>>
>>83668579
You're trying to say that the Empire's technology is derived from Sith alchemy and that AT-ATs are biomechanical, that's on the level of retarded EU novels
>>
>>83668064
No, for it's time, the CGI was shit. As the standard for good CGI had already been set by jurassic park and the prequels looked worse in every way, even when they had obiwan riding a literal dinosaur around a "war" zone.

A number of scenes were deleted specifically because the CGI was too shit.
>>
>>83668351
>but when they came out they broke new grounds and lead a revolution in special effects
No they didn't. There was better CGI in other movies at the time. Davy Jones in Pirates of the Caribbean blows ROTS out of the water and it came out a year earlier. The only things the prequels were famous for are being full green screen/blue screen before the tech was fully ready
>>
>>83656464
The only effect of having seen the phantom menace as a kid was that to this day I'm a 27 year old movie nerd who hasn't seen the original trilogy or the disney movies because phantom menace killed all interest I would ever have in the franchise.
>>
>>83668403
hes making fun of luke, luuke, and luuuke.
>>
>>83668565
>because even at 12 I was a better man than most here
oh god the cringe, it's palpable
>>
>>83668579
>It doesn't matter who designed the plans in the plot you brickhead
I love when people with juvenile fan-theories try to speak with conviction
>>
>>83668650
you are completely fucking retarded. Not continuing this.
>>
>>83668721
Uh, to be fair, that is kinda what you said.
>>
>>83668693
Yes anon, we all know, this isn't reddit, you don't have to spoonfeed everyone. OB1 and OB2 would have been much better though.
>>
>>83668679
uh, ya backwards yo, davy jones wasn't on screen till a year after RotS

and the CGI in black pearl was pretty shit too.
>>
>>83656464

I saw episode 1 in cinemas when I was 8 and even at that age I knew it was dogshit other than the final fight with darth maul which was badass
>>
>>83668763
>deviating from canon for the sake of a joke

... r-reeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>83668138
>Viscaeral
>relating to the viscera.
>relating to deep inward feelings rather than to the intellect.
>>
>>83668810
at 6 I could recognize the characters in the maul fight were specifically avoiding landing (or attempting) any sort of killing or wounding blow.
>>
>>83667648
>I am comparing the main visceral antagonist
>Visceral
I think you need to learn what this word means.
>>
>>83665504
>>83667866
>>83668579
>>83668721
You are a complete brainlet. The Dark Side did not build the Death Star. The Empire constructed the Death Star. End of discussion
>>
>>83668834
the prequel fights looked like ballet, not warriors trying to kill each others with swords. kids of that era liked stuff like the shitty mortal kombat movies or conan the barbarian. flips and piruettes with a cgi sword wasn't cool to kids.
>>
>>83668824
I think hes trying to say the dark side, in the OT, was all about overwhelming force fueled by deep anger and rage

then the dark side in the PT was basically pretty chill.

>dooku just casually pops out some force lightening as a fine Victorian gentleman would challenge one to a duel
>>
>>83668711
> I love when people with juvenile fan-theories try to speak with conviction

I love it when uncreative people shit on other peoples ideas because they have no creativity themselves and no capacity to think beyond whatever is spoonfed to them by some major corporation.
>>
>>83668906
holy shit stop posting anytime
>>
>>83668903
>and then yoda is the one who chimps out

>>
>>83668730
> Uh

I never said this, fuck off brainlet.
>>
>>83668906
>thinks applying a garbage fan theory to a space movie for kids from 40 years ago is creative
>>
>>83668937
>>83668906
you're presenting your assertions in a very poor and sloppy manner and now you're getting upset because people aren't of identical mind to you.
>>
>>83668903
I don't know, in the OT Vader was always super composed while Luke was yelling and swinging his lightsaber around like a madman.

Same with the emperor. He was always calm, even when blasting Luke with lightning.
>>
>>83668862
> I think you need to learn what this word means.

I know exactly what it means, holy shit did some junior highschool raid this board or are you people all complete brainlets? You do realize that there's this thing called "way of judging something", and one of those ways can be "intellectual" and the other can be "visceral"? Right? this isn't too deep for you i hope?
>>
The prequels, while shitty, have nostalgia value.
Id sooner watch ROTS or TPM then TFA.
ESB>ANH>ROTJ>R1>TPM>ROTS>TFA>AOTC
>>
>>83669080
If you thought the emperor was calm in RotJ you might have legit autism.
>>
>>83668927
no
>>83669024
>thinks applying a garbage fan theory

And the PT or the ST are garbage plot lines, not my idea.

to a space movie for kids from 40 years ago is creative

It was a theory I came up with prior to ROTJ coming out. For all you know the plot could have been moving in that direction, Lucas changes everything all the time anyway.

>>83668893
>>83669038

I'm not upset at all, I'm just responding to the incredibly stupid posts on this thread. One person can't figure out how Maul in TPM was playing an analogous role as Vader in ANH, another person keeps strawmanning me saying I think the Sith creating the Deathstar with magic and many other completely idiotic posts. This is kind of fun actually, like playing whack a mole with stupid arguments.
>>
>>83668653
>standard for good CGI had already been set by jurassic park
wut? JP used mainly practical effects
>>
>>83656464
joke's on you, I never cared enough to watch them
I always saw them as a pretend-nerd thing
>>
>>83656464
Saw all 3 prequels in theaters. Had a lot of fun during Eps I and III. I though Ep II was the worst SW ever until TFA came out.
>>
I really liked star wars when I was like 5 but then I pretty much forgot about it. Videogames were much more interesting to child me
>>
>>83667619
We all know that feel.
>>
>>83656464
>You grew up with the prequels and you loved them
Actually, I grew up with the prequels watching them on TV instead of at theaters and found them boring. I later watched the OT as a kid and found them less boring. Growing up I was mainly interested in the cool space battles and vehicles.
>>
>>83668893
Hey idiot. WHERE THE FUCK did I say the force itself created the Death Star? never said this, nor did I even think this anywhere or at any time. So shut the fuck up.
>>
>>83669548
read your post out loud, then imagine your mother hearing this from your mouth. how would she feel?
>>
>>83669586
My mother was ALOT worse than me.
>>
>>83669653
But did she get incredibly worked up because there was no food om the table, or because "the force" created the "doom star"?
>>
This thread has officially been ruined by one retard. Goodbye everyone.
>>
>>83669548
Right here:
>The dark side of the force recreated a small moon using technology

How do you manage to not choke on your own spit on a daily basis?
>>
>>83669729
My mom was kind of like that old lady on 'it's always sunny', smoking cursing and drinking constantly, swimming in lottery tickets and scratch offs.
>>
>>83669886
that explains why you feel so passionate towards a kids' toy commercial
>>
>>83656464
always genuinely didn't like EP1. Thought the rest was pretty good.
>>
>>83669829
you are the retard. goodbye. don't come back.

>>83669851

Sometimes, for brevity, people say things like this without thinking anyone would be dumb enough to read what you are writing at face value. Fo example "The season of love" doesn't LITERALLY mean that the season has transformed into the emotion of love. Is English your native tongue? Maybe that's the problem here.
>>
>>83670038
Writing a few comments to a handful of teenagers in a message board isn't passion, it's boredom.
>>
>>83656464
>You grew up with the prequels

MFW i was already a big boi when the prequels comes to the theaters
>>
>>83656464
I grew up with the original star wars movies. I was 12 when Phantom Menace came out and I thought that was OK at the time (I still think it is the best of the prequels). It was Attack of the Clones with Hayden's atrocious acting that made me realize what a joke and how terrible they really were in comparison to the original three. I have seen them a few times (the commentary tracks are worth checking out if you haven't heard them already) since but I don't think there is anything truly redeemable about AOTC or ROTS.
>>
File: Clones-Rewatch-120915.jpg (142KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
Clones-Rewatch-120915.jpg
142KB, 970x545px
Attack of the Clones is the ultimate pleb filter. Not bait, just truth.
>>
>>83670973
What video game is that?
>>
>>83671094
Better than most video games that get released every summer.
>>
>>83670067
that wasn't brevity breh, that was you basically saying they built the death star from the force.

Which is a fine theory for, say, an 8 year old.
>>
>>83671860
I don't know how many times and in how many ways I can explain this to you. I did not mean to convey that the death star was LITERALLY created by the force. If you can't comprehend this you need to get your head checked out. There is nothing more I can do for you.
>>
Gennedys Clone wars was the best part of the prequels

RIP General Grievous
>>
>tfw I thought TPM was shitty even when I was 10 years old

PREPUBESCENCE ISN'T AN EXCUSE FOR BEING A PLEB
>>
>>83671207
>Better than complete shit
I disagree
>>
>>83672521
F
https://www.google.rs/url?q=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DW8dJaK0FrzM&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjLuraBqqzUAhUJtRQKHUg-CVIQ3ywIETAA&sig2=-qrvf1ngUdm01EUXJ07nBQ&usg=AFQjCNE6TpxGLt-Ev6vgf5NWpsbHeVjn3A
>>
>>83672521

this. ROTS is the only prequel I enjoy and I rank it among the best SW films, but that's probably because Clone Wars set it up so well.
>>
>>83656464
No. I didn't. I was about 19 when TPM came out and it was a fucking frustrating irritating disappointment even back then with all the hype. Don't get me started on the fucking sequels to it.

Fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>83672588
I wasn't that young but I agree.
There are so many good children movies that blow TPM out of the water.
Motherfucking Iron Giant was released in the same year.
>>
>>83672677
>but that's probably because Clone Wars set it up so well.
you mean it's pottery?
>>
>>83656464
I saw TPM in the cinema for my 9th birthday. I can remember feeling bored everytime there wasn't a podrace or a lightsaber.

I didn't see II or III until years later. The KotOR games were my Star Wars experience for most of my teens.
>>
>>83672662
>that copy paste
Just fuck my post up senpai
>>
>>83672491
You do realize that only the Emperor and Darth Vader even knew what the Force was, most of the senior officers in the Empire doubted the Force's very existence. And if you really unironically believe the Emperor or Vader designed or built the Death Star or ANY war machinery used by the Empire, you're legit retarded.
The Empire is larger than those two individuals.
The Empire is not analogous to the Dark Side of the Force.
>>
>>83665301
>should x9

>George Lucas didn't consult my checklist
>>
I grew up with the originals seen in theaters on their respective days of release, never saw the modded ones after they were released, and only watched the prequels years after they came out on DVDs I got from a local library 'cause I wasn't going to spend a dime paying to watch the fucking things.

The original theatrical movies for the original trilogy are still the best of them all. Didn't find "The Force Awakens" to be interesting on any level but at least "Rogue One" was actually better than TFA by a large margin.

Not even interested in seeing the next one or whatever else comes down the pike in the coming years. Lucas originally planned for 11 parts in the entire story but it's been fucked up for a long time and his original concepts are long since lost to the ravages of time and his addled mind nowadays.

Yes, kids, that means I'm older than most every fucking one of you punks, deal with it.
>>
>>83672491
>I did not mean to convey that the death star was LITERALLY created by the force

And george lucas didn't mean to convey the idea the reason the republic fell and the jedi were wiped out was because everyone except for palpatine was retarded. But that's what the prequels ended up ultimately saying.

and to be clear, I understood what you were trying to say, but I also recognize what you did say.
>>
>>83656464
Honestly I think I kinda did hate them even as a kid.

I wouldn't say hate, but when I'd watch episode one, I'd skip to the podracing scene, then I'd fast forward to the lightsaber duel at the end. Kinda shows how shitty it was that ten year old me wasn't entertained.
>>
>>83656464
I liked the parodies better.
Every cartoon had one and it was way better because it was funny.
You have to take that universe light hearted or it becomes unbearable with all the plot holes.
>>
>>83656464
21 year old here, watched the originals before the prequels and still preferred the originals. I liked TPM and loved ROTS, absolutely hated AOTC though.
>>
>>83658933
Are you retarded?
>>
>>83658933
the majority of people on 4chan weren't even born when TPM was in theaters.
>>
>>83673071
Yeah never do copy link address from Google, they tack on all their bullshit onto the original link
>>
>>83673468
>6 months left until people born in 2000 can post on 4chan
>>
>>83673468
Despite what many think, the average age of 4chan is 19-20 instead of 16-17 like it used to be back in the EPIC FAIL GUY days.

I'm 27 though, and I'm starting to feel too old for the site.
>>
>>83658933
I was and I'm 22. You're getting old anon
>>
>>83664572
I was ten when RotS came out saw it 4 times with buddies. Knew it was shit, but kept coming back to it
>>
>>83673571
>the average age of 4chan is 19-20 instead of 16-17

>the average age of 4chan has increased rather than decreased over the years

>>
>>83673506
>implying they aren't right now
>>
>>83664623
I think the OT was just a fluke. Lucas was never really that good
>>
>>83673660
Legally, they shouldn't be.
>>
>>83656464

>8 when episode 1 comes out
>watch it
>come out of the theater feeling strange
>"I...liked it? I mean I have to...it's star wars"
>Notice dad was disappointed
>feel like something was off
>only thing known for sure was that anakin was a shit actor and ruined the character for me
>go on in life thinking I liked the movie because you know...it's star wars! And I'm a mush headed child.

Then I grew the fuck up and saw that movie and the two that followed it as atrocities.
>>
>>83673667
>Lucas was never really that good
And why do you think he asked other directors to direct the prequels? Because he fully realizes his own shortcomings as a director. If you want to blame someone for the prequels, blame the directors who refused to worn with Lucas.
>>
>>83656606
>watched episode 3 with my dad on his death bed

Please tell me more.
>>
>>83656464
I liked them growing up and still enjoy them as an adult. They aren't perfect and a lot of the criticism they receive is true. Maybe my nostalgia blinds me?
>>
>>83673636
It has anon. Everything that moot and hiro have said over the years backs this up.
>>
>>83673838
How would they know?
>>
>>83673925
They actually have IP and demographic data that gets passed around with analytic companies
>>
>>83673983
>underage people don't lie about their ages, ever.
>>
File: 1473043402242.jpg (145KB, 966x500px) Image search: [Google]
1473043402242.jpg
145KB, 966x500px
>>83673681
>muh law
fuck off Chuck
>>
>>83675025
Legally, 4chan is an 18+ website, no matter the board.
Legally, under 18 year-olds cannot post here.
Doesn't change the fact that they do post here, as well evidenced by your post.
>>
>>83675597
>Legally

True, my little brother went to jail after he was caught posting here at 17
>>
I still don't understand why the prequels get shit on. RoTS is the best after ESB.

Jar Jar? Not even that bad and he's barely in any scenes after TPM.

Cringey dialogue? Look at the OT and TFA/Rogue One..just about the same cringe dialogue.

Bad CGI? It's better than Snoke and that bullshit rolling monster in TFA.

Boring trade talks? It's better than Rey being the first force user and fighting a squid that turns into Anakin.
>>
>>83675692
kek
>>83675597
I'm 24 dipshit
I wish I was underageb& though, I failed too many courses at university for wasting my time shitposting here and playing online games instead of studying
>>
>>83656464
>dat feel when not young enough to have grown up with the prequels
>>
>>83675836
i know if you just rationalize away all the shit bits then its pgud
>>
>>83665179
I'm the same age, and this is pretty similar to my experience, too. I was obsessed with Star Wars before the prequels came out, and hyped as fuck when I found out about the new ones. When I saw TPM, I was excited that it was Star Wars but still preferred the OT. I didn't like AOTC. I liked ROTS more, but I still remember making fun of the "NOOOOOO" scene with my friends afterwards. On a sort of related note, I also remember watching the DVD releases for the first time and being unbelievably pissed off about Hayden being added to ROTJ.

Overall, I liked TPM and ROTS fine until I watched a TV marathon that showed the movies in release order when I was 16 or 17. Being able to see the huge difference between the two trilogies back to back like that made me get pretty disillusioned with the prequels. i didn't see the RLM reviews until a few years later.
>>
>>83676708
>TV marathon that showed the movies in release order
This is why the patrician viewing order is IV - V - I - II - III - VI
>"watching the prequels"
fags need not apply
>>
>>83675597

>Legally, under 18 year-olds cannot post here.

Define legally because the laws in different parts of the world would be relevant, not where the fucking server happens to be physically located.

In some countries people under 18 years old can do some pretty extreme things "legally" so, the whole concept of a localized form of law in a world where everything is connected in terms of communications is fucking ridiculous nowadays.
>>
>>83656464
I'm not qualified to comment, since TPM came out when I was already 16. However, for what it's worth at age 16 I immediately knew that it was shit. Really, anyone who doesn't think that the prequels are bad is an imbecile whose opinions on film are not worth taking seriously. Same for the Disney wars. The last good Star Wars movie was RotJ.
Thread posts: 251
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.