[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong here? The casting, the long wait, or attempting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_8140.jpg (356KB, 1500x1135px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8140.jpg
356KB, 1500x1135px
What went wrong here? The casting, the long wait, or attempting a reboot to begin with?

Also kid kino thread, I guess
>>
Is he really a sociopath?
>>
>>83652709
They should've just recast Greg, Manny, and Rowley. Devon should've stayed as Rodrick and I miss based dad Steve Zahn.
>>
>>83652709
This looks incredibly cheap and I have no idea how you could consider it kidkino outside of the fact that you have some kind of childhood nostalgia for the books that is blinding you
>>
File: IMG_8068.jpg (471KB, 792x946px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8068.jpg
471KB, 792x946px
>>83652771
The dude was reaching 25.

Rodrick needs a overhaul if they ever do a sequel. I do agree with the original parents staying for at least 3 more movies before retiring them as well, but it would stick out like a sore thumb if they were kept.

Fat fuck Markiplier was useless in the movie, although I liked how they referenced cosplay and made a light chuckle worthy joke out of that

The movie was a more focused movie but at the cost of the slice of life aspects, particularly kids being kids, which meant no Fregley, Chirag or Patty and gimping Rowley's role in the new movie to the point that you almost feel sorrry for the kid playing him.

I did like how they stepped up their game in the animated scenes though. Keep that going.

I'd love to see them do The Third Wheel next, but I heard rumors that they might do the yet to be released 12th book, The Getaway, next.
>>
>>83652803

The first three Wimpy Kid movies were kid kino, the new reboot, not so much
>>
>>83653003
I saw one and thought it was shit. I have never read any of the books and held no opinion of the books whatsoever
>>
Fox fucked up
They should have filmed 5 or 6 movies directly
>>
>>83653175
Did you see the actors that played Greg and Rowley in the third movie?
>>
>>83652709
Why r u faggots watching this and anything like it? If Diary of a wimpy kid is something you're into you are either underage or actually retard
>>
>>83653224
They're comfy movies and the books are entertaining regardless of what the books were meant for, demographic wise
>>
>>83653196
That's the point
>>
>>83653276
How r they entertaining
>>
File: IMG_8047.jpg (89KB, 792x801px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8047.jpg
89KB, 792x801px
>>83652732
No, just a massive asshole.

They somehow fixed Greg in the new movie and made him more likable, but needs to be a bit dickish in the next movie
>>
#NotMyRodrick
>>
File: IMG_8067.png (4MB, 1914x2086px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8067.png
4MB, 1914x2086px
>>
>>83653175
I thought they should've shot Dog Days and The Ugly Truth back to back and end it there since The Ugly Truth Book was all about whether Greg is going age or end up as a 4th grader forever, the book ended up choosing the latter
>>
>>83653780
Wait so there's an in-universe explanation for why nobody ages?
>>
>>83653835
Not really, there was plans that the fifth book would've been the final Wimpy Kid book, but look how that turned out
>>
Would the books have been better adapted as a TV series than a movie series?
>>
>>83654113
With the film underperforming below expectations at the box office, I think a TV series would be ideal at this point
>>
Is the older brother Chinese?
>>
>>83652709
I'm a 25 year old man with no reason to watch these movies but they're actually pretty comfy and I would watch it with my future kids
>>
>>83654169
Why does Rodrick look like Willy Wonka?
Is Greg in a emo band?
Why does Rowley look like a 2nd grader?
>>
>>83653329
they portray what its like to be a kid pretty well
>>
>>83654374
Pretty much this
>>
>>83653077
Was it because Greg was an asshole?
>>
>>83655297
It was like 3 years ago, I don't remember anyone's names
I think it was the third one with the pool or some shit
>>
>>83652709
The mom looks too young and hot to be the mom.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.