[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your opinion on RIDDICK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 10

File: Vin Diesel.jpg (100KB, 400x305px) Image search: [Google]
Vin Diesel.jpg
100KB, 400x305px
What do you think about the Riddick franchise, /tv/?
Didn't even know it was an "actual" franchise, just a couple of flicks.

Yet, right now we have
>Butcher Bay (videogame prequel)
>Dark Athena (vidya sequel)
>Into Pitch Black (TV special)
>Slam City (motion comic)
>Pitch Black (first movie)
>Dark Fury (animated sequel)
>Chronicles of Riddick (second movie)
>Blindsided (motion comic)
>Riddick (last movie)
Plus some novels, a smartphone game and a promotional point and click adventure.

As far as we know, a TV series is in the works.
Also, a new movie.

What the fuck
>>
starfuck was hot af in the last one. I hope she returns so I can cum
>>
hey escape from butcher bay had great stealth gameplay, action, and unsurmounted prison gameplay in the beginning. I haven't played it in years so I might be wearing rows tinted glasses, but it was enjoyable from what I remember
>>
>>83651521
Pitch Black was a great little sci-fi horror. I didn't like Chronicles, because I thought the lore was shit and never loved Pitch Black for Riddick himself, and it comes off like two hours of Vin Diesel wanking himself off.
The newest one was a fine return to form though, but yet again it's the Riddick is the coolest guy ever show.
>>
>>83651521
One of my absolute favorite movies. Love everything about it.

Loved Chronicles too, huge world building. I really hope they return to that again.

3rd one was a bit weak, just went back to what worked before. Kinda unnecessary imo, but at least they made another one.

I never played any of the games, read the comic, and watched the inbetween animated thing. I liked it.

They really need to go back to that whole universe, it has so much potential.
>>
>>83651521
>>83651858
Pitch Black is clearly the top Riddick movie, but the games are far and away the best part of the franchise. They are genuinely awesome, well-made games. As old as they are now, the graphics still look surprisingly good as well.
>>
The Chronicles of Riddick is the best sci fi movie of the past 20 years or so. It's literally amazing if you're into that sort of thing. It's so rare you get a violent, mature targeted sci fi. Riddick is that and does it well.

I like Chronicles a lot better than anything else. I'd really like to see another big budget movie with Necromongers and maybe the origin of Furyans and shit like that but I know we'll never see it.
>>
>>83652053
>As old as they are now, the graphics still look surprisingly good as well.
Decent art direction can do wonders.
>>
Butcher Bay was ported to new gen last gen and updated wasn't it? Looked nice to me.
>>
Genuinely some of my favourite movies, and it's nice to know that the director David Twohy and Vin Diesel are actually invested in it because they just like it and it's fun.

Pitch Black is an underrated little sci fi gem.

Chronicles of Riddick is a fantastic and very rare modern example of science fantasy, something we didn't really see again til John Carter, but Chronicles was fucking great with a cool villain and great world.

Riddick I think is the weakest, being a little too similar to Pitch Black, I would have preferred if it was just Riddick the whole film surviving the alien planet trying to lure mercs to him just so he can be captured and leave.

Haven't seen Dark Fury in a while, but the games, Butcher Bay and Escape from Dark Athena were really good. Butcher Bay was immersive as all hell.

Really hoping the new movie takes some more science fantasy turns, Chronicles did it so well.
>>
>>83651521
I only saw the movies.

Pitch Black was decent, and Chronicles was one of the best original sci fis they've made in recent years. Didn't like the third one though, it just felt like a rehash of Pitch Black.
>>
File: 2017-06-07 04-09-41-60.jpg (4MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-07 04-09-41-60.jpg
4MB, 2560x1440px
>>83652451
Yeah it looks like this.

People hated the new graphics at first, but they're somehow almost decent right now (while the original look didn't really age that well)
>>
>>83651521

Pitch Black is a solid sci-fi film. The other two movies aren't as good IMO, as I'm not much of a fan of David Twohy's worldbuilding. But Dark Fury is pretty great. I love Peter Chung's animation style.
>>
>>83652132

this in every way
>>
>>83652132
>I'd really like to see another big budget movie with Necromongers and maybe the origin of Furyans and shit like that
So, exactly what the next Riddick movie is going to be about?
>>
>>83652132
Yes I too loved the wanky sci-fi epic instead of a focused character drama. Pleb cunt.
>>
absolutely riddickulous
>>
>>83653178
Fuck really? I figured with the trouble they had getting the last one made that it was the end for the franchise. I also didn't think much of that one. It was a poor man's Pitch Black. Chronicles and Pitch Black are 10/10 for me though.
I'm excited af now! A true sequel to Chronicles.
>>
File: riddick.jpg (107KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
riddick.jpg
107KB, 1920x800px
>>83651521
Fucking love it, I want 2 more movies to end the Story to see wtf happens in Furya.
>>
>>83653219
No, I liked Pitch Black every bit as much as Chronicles it just had no reason to be done again. It also didn't make a ton of sense to have this dude who's now king (or whatever the fuck) of these Necromongers suddenly have to escape some random planet again. The film Riddick just didn't work at all for me. Seemed like a step backwards for the franchise.
>>
>>83651521
you forgot all of the F&F prequels where Riddick is going by the name of Dom, before he gets sent out to space
>>
File: 5245234523.jpg (69KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
5245234523.jpg
69KB, 500x500px
>>83651521
Space Conan is based, and the Necromongers are easily the coolest sci-fi bad guys since Vader in the original Star Wars trilogy.
>>
File: tumblr_nlu3p73UZs1sj27jko1_400.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nlu3p73UZs1sj27jko1_400.gif
2MB, 320x240px
One word answer. Is Vaako alive or dead?

................Both

They better make another fuckin movie

.gif is me when i saw that scene. Disregard filename.
>>
>>83652132
Yes this.
>>
I love the whole riddick universe although the second movie was a little too hollywood
>>
Right so I've never seen any of the Riddick movies but a common trend I've known is that many of the negroes about my city really love Riddick and a lot of the non-negroes that live in high-negro areas also enjoy Riddick. It's pervasive to the extent that I believe there has to be some causation, it cannot simply be correlation. What about these movies makes them so negroidically inclined? If I hang out with a bunch of black folk and then watch this movie, will I have a better watching experience than if I watch it after subsuming myself in asiatics? Thanks in advance, these are important questions.
>>
>>83654582
Well, Riddick is a criminal, but not really portrayed in a negative way because of that. He's just a badass who lives the way he wants to, and it often brings him into conflict with the setting's authorities, who are are shown as corrupt and needlessly cruel.

There's definitely some themes there that could resonate with a black dude living in the hood.
>>
>>83654737
We never see him actually doing bad stuff, just dealing with people that are looking for him because of the bad stuff he supposedly did.
He's not just a criminal, he's a skilled serial killer.

But yeah, Vin is the blackest white guy out there, Riddick is a killer that dindu nuffin and he wuz king at some point

I can see black people liking him
>>
>>83651521
They didn't understand what the fans said about a "return to pitch black". They just copied pitch black. We just wanted less humans and more monsters or ayys.
>>
>>83651521
Unironically great and unique beginning that degenerated into "makes a profit after dvd release" mediocrity that is Vin Diesel's career.
My objection is that people think they're all terrible films, when they're 8/10, 7/10, 6/10 respectively.
>>
File: Kyra-Chronicles-Riddick.jpg (97KB, 500x950px) Image search: [Google]
Kyra-Chronicles-Riddick.jpg
97KB, 500x950px
>>83651521
What's Alexa Davalos up to these days? What a fucking qt.
>>
>>83655752
It's honestly just a shame that Chronicles flopped and thus the third one had to be scaled way back to being sort of a retread of the Pitch Black.
>>
>>83655828
Solid assessment my friend. PB was an innovation of two genres that got lost in the Hollywood machine gasping for original air that got Diesel's arrogance instead.
>>
>>83655954
You'd think with the clout that Diesel has with Universal these days, we could get a truly great fourth Riddick movie. Fingers crossed anyway.
>>
>>83656108
Is he so important?
>>
>>83651858
Butcher bay is a phenomenal video game
>>
>>83655775

The man in the high castle.
>>
File: furyan.jpg (35KB, 565x240px) Image search: [Google]
furyan.jpg
35KB, 565x240px
>>83651521
>the necromonger in me wants you not to go back, but the furyan in me, hopes you wont listen
truly had its kino moments
>>
>>83651521
butchers bay is basically the best movie tie in video game ever made.
Dark athena is still pretty good too.

Probably because Vin actually wanted to give input during the development process.
>>
>>83653314
>>83653314
Can't wait for Fast and the Furyans
>>
>>83654737

>There's definitely some themes there that could resonate with a black dude living in the hood.

this is a great explanation, thanks for keepin it real anon

>>83654985

>Vin is the blackest white guy out there

yeah this tru too mang
>>
File: 1494974680359.gif (407KB, 351x417px) Image search: [Google]
1494974680359.gif
407KB, 351x417px
>>83651858
>rows
it's 'rose'
>>
File: Fry.jpg (188KB, 483x538px) Image search: [Google]
Fry.jpg
188KB, 483x538px
Best pilot.
>>
File: 1484725124283.jpg (36KB, 425x638px) Image search: [Google]
1484725124283.jpg
36KB, 425x638px
>>83652132
Pitch Black & Riddick were the same movie and /tv/ hates on this franchise, but it's one of my favorites. I just wish Vin would take it seriously.
>tfw the biggest actor of your own action franchise
>chooses a second-hand mission impossible & a shitty feels movie with a few cars thrown in
JUST
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.