[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what went right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 18

File: what went right.jpg (102KB, 586x768px) Image search: [Google]
what went right.jpg
102KB, 586x768px
what went right
>>
>>83643679

apart from those female only screenings nobody fucking antagonized the potential audience by calling them basement dwellers and virgins, also Wonder Woman was not a female led remake/reboot of a popular 80s movie starring four of the most unfunny slags to grace the screen.

I mean I don't like Greenstein in the role, but this movie's advertising and marketing was as safe as safe can be.
>>
>>83643679
Nothing, Wonder Woman is just another movie that is completely dull and lacks any deeper meaning and is just made to be watched with your gf. And none of you give a shit about the movie, it's just an excuse to spend time together and watch "something". That's why it's all about shitty CGI effects and cheap action scenes and not deeper meaning.
>>
>>83643679
Diana a cute and not a manhater.
Also not a femalewashed and sjw marketed remake of a beloved classic.
>>
>>83643679
They accidentally made a film that wasn't terrible. Snyder is rolling in his daughter's grave.
>>
>>83643679
They dont put SJW Bullshit in the Movie Like Ghostbuster did.

Also no shit Viral Marketing Like that shit did.
>Open Youtube Video
>An Ad
>Ghostbuster Trailer
>Open Facebook (Yeah im Normie also i have a GF)
>Ghostbuster Movie
I belive Ghostbuster failed because that shit trailer being Spammed everywhere and SJW.
>>
>>83643679
Once again SONY proves it has no handle on the movie business
>>
>>83643679
Melissa McCarthy wasn't in it
>>
>>83643809
>Diana a cute and not a manhater
This. The entire cast of the Ghostbusters remake were ugly, unfunny PC """comedians""". GG may be a kike but is still solid waifu material.
>>
>>83643679
Weird, turns out people dont really care they just want to watch a good movie
>>
Ghostbusters success was based on men and comedy. Neither were in the last movie.

Wonder woman is a superhero and origin story superhero movies always make bank at the theater

Its not a sexist-woman lead issue.
Pretty simple
>>
>>83643769
>four of the most unfunny slags
McCarthy's talented when directors don't have her pandering to the audience with the same dumb routines over and over again, which is every role of hers ever.

I LOVED Spy for the first half, and then I fucking HATED it by the second stretch. I didn't think a premise and actress could wear themselves so thin so quickly
>>
>>83643679

It's still in very last place of all new DC movies, so lets hold tooting the horn for a couple of weeks till you see if its actually a success.
>>
>>83643679

This is the difference between trying to retcon characters for the sake of political agenda and making a movie with a legacy character.

Changing a legacy character ALWAYS makes people uneasy towards adaptations because it means they are using an IP for the brand name but are doing whatever the fuck they want regardless of the source material.

When they make a characters like the human torch black, gender swap the ghostbusters and shit like that the answer usually is gonna be "that's not ghostbusters" or "that's not the Johnny Storm"... and it's obvious because they are not.

Now with Wonder Woman or Luke Cage you don't have that problem because they are following the source material instead of a political agenda.

On that note, it either is important or it's not important. It can't be both.
If a character is gay that can either be a big deal and a company can focus on "good discrimination" (which is still discrimination fucking assholes) as a sales point or a character could just happen to be gay and since that's absolutely normal and not the focus of the whole fucking movie then it shouldn't be a sales point.

The terms are either interchangeable or they are not. Like... if it doesn't matter if the ghostbusters are male or female then make some male, some female, some black, some white and don't focus the marketing on the femminist angle and the destruction of patriarchy.
If that's the focal point then by all means go for it but don't fucking comply when the idea meets opposition or rejection.
>>
>>83643809
Why do some people keep saying she was misandrist? She clearly loved Steve a lot and wanted to do her best to save humankind, men obviously included. Is it a fresh new meme from people who didn't watch or something?
>>
They will just claim that they have now defeated the disgusting misogynists that hurt Ghostbusters.
>>
>>83645345
>Why do some people keep saying she was misandrist?
>Is it a fresh new meme from people who didn't watch or something?
Yes.

>>83645368
WW has fuck all to do with Fembusters.
>>
>>83643679
https://youtu.be/b3R6nLeay3c
don't pay to see this
>>
>>83643679
It's pretty simple.
Ghostbusters was shitty so it bombed.
Wonder Woman is meh, so it did ok.
Both movies' box office were slightly bumped by the marketing feminism angle probably, but in the end one was a shitty movie no one asked for and the other was another average capeshit flick that people have been eating up for a decade now.
>>
>>83645402
>WW has fuck all to do with Fembusters.
You think that will stop them?
>>
>>83643679
it's like with Baywatch, people will rather watch another generic capeflick instead of a raunchy comedy
>>
>>83645407
LOL what a bitter little fuckface. Stop consuming media period.
>>
>>83645493
>You think that will stop them?
Of course not, because feminazis are inherently retarded.
They're already hating on each other because liking WW is "white feminism" (which as you might know is a pejorative) since Gal Gadot is Israeli and was in the IDF.

>>83645538
He's spamming in every WW thread, ignore him.
>>
>>83643679
It's a capeshit film
>>
>>83643679
Ghostbuster 2016 was about the message, the movie writing and script was an afterthought...
>>
>>83643679
>chris pine learns secret intel at the beginning that could change the course of the way

Better strafe the germans a second time.

How fucking retarded is this movie?
>>
>literally removes herself from the world because men are evil
>is not about hating men! I swear!
>>
>>83643679
Why are so many people trying to champion this fucking thing as some feminist achievement? Why does everything have to be so fucking politicized?
>>
File: IMG_2710.jpg (84KB, 800x850px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2710.jpg
84KB, 800x850px
>>83643769
>>
>>83645640
You sound so goddamn stupid
>>
>>83645640
You're literally retarded.
>>
>>83645713
Not an argument nigger faggot.
>>
>>83645713
>>83645729
capeshit watchers calling others stupid, hilarious
>>
>>83645734
You sound so goddamn stupid
>>
File: IMG_5758.png (199KB, 1800x1578px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5758.png
199KB, 1800x1578px
>>83645775
Lol what a fuckhead
>>
>>83643679
shut up you fucking cuck.
>>
>>83645776
Still not an argument, sand nigger.
>>
>>83645776
you still haven't proved how that's wrong because you can't, hide behind insults manchild
>>
>>83645869
>>83645878
SO
>>
>>83645869
>>83645878
GODDAMN
>>
>>83645878
Because only a fucking retard would say that she removes herself from the world. Jesus fucking christ, this has to be bait
>>
File: Capture.png (8KB, 526x214px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
8KB, 526x214px
>>83645904
Two different posters you fucking nigger.
>>
>>83645805
only people mad here are capeshit fags like you, laughing at retards doesn't make me mad
>>
>>83645941
>I take things literally
Oh so you really are retarded, my bad, should have guessed I was talking with a special needs defect
>>
>>83643679
No Zack, No Goyer.

Its just that simple
>>
>>83645949
Kek I like this movie even more now.
>>
>Jordan is considering banning the film “Wonder Woman” because star Gal Gadot served in the Israel Defense Forces.
>“We remind the Jordanians of their obligation to boycott the film, and we refuse to be partners to the crimes of the Zionists and to increase their profits from this film. The Arab audience will not be involved in projects that represent Zionism and the Israeli army,” said a statement from one of the Jordanian campaigns against normalization with Israel, according to Ynet.
>Israel and Jordan signed a peace agreement in 1994.

So, they're at peace but they want to ban it? I'm confused.
>>
>>83645640
Is English not your first language?
>>
>>83646001
>dont take what i say literally!
>why can't you see over internet text that it was just a joke and i was pretending to be retarded!
>>
>>83646105
>I am autistic and can only take things at face value and not get the meaning behind some expressions
No wonder you watch this stuff, you would kill yourself trying to read literature
>>
I'm glad more people like than dislike this movie and therefore triggers the living fuck out of those that dislike this movie.
>>
>>83643679
even /tv/ thought it was dumb they hadn't made a WW movie, and casting threads were pretty regular
>>
>>83643769
This. What made Ghostbusters fail was calling all the fans of the original and people who use the internet as losers and manchildren. Absolutely hurt their box office because of it.
>>
they just proved themselves wrong

>sexism caused ghostbusters to fail
that was the excuse made by sjws. being a shitty reboot is what caused ghostbusters to fail. so wonderwomen not failing proves it wasnt sexism
>>
>>83645640
Don't worry, they're already slowly retconning all the retarded Snyder crap. Jenkins already said in an interview she wouldn't turn her back to mankind and now they're probably getting Whedon to redo as much as he can of JL.
>>
>>83645635
Did you even watch it? Because they explain everything very clearly.
>>
File: LittyArmond.jpg (29KB, 723x123px) Image search: [Google]
LittyArmond.jpg
29KB, 723x123px
>>83645512
Not everybody
>>
>>83643769
>female only screenings
wut
>>
>>83644960
Well, unlike the other ones, we can already say it's a critical success, and an audience success too, when it comes to liking it, specially when compared to the previous entries of the DCEU. Let's see if that translates into a commercial success.
>>
>>83646487
How would I be referencing thwe scene then you fucking idiot.

Chris pine knowing what he knows, still decides to risk his life for another bomb run.
>>
>>83645407
stop shilling your shitty la la land video you faggot
>>
>>83646556

Where the fuck have you been?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/05/movies/wonder-woman-all-female-screening.html?_r=0
>>
>>83643679
This film was fucking trash.
DCCucks are so delusional.
Fuck off faggots gay
>>
File: 1486917471075.jpg (40KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1486917471075.jpg
40KB, 657x527px
I feel like most people are completely missing the point of this movie

>"XD SHE JUST SLAUGHTERS THE GERMANS AND THEY ACT LIKE THEY'RE NAZIS EVEN THO IT'S WORLD WAR 1 AND SHE KILLS THEM WITH NO REMORSE"

The whole point was this movie was that she had this naive, black and white view of morality. She meets Chris Pine and immediately assumes he is good and the Germans are bad and it's all because of Ares. She sees her friends killing Germans and convinces herself it's okay. Then she realizes Ares had nothing to do with it, and there's no real difference between the Brits, Americans, and Germans. She'd basically been lied to and lied to herself. She feels guilty because of what she's done and even fights with Chris Pine because of what he's done too.

Ultimately, it's revealed that real evil isn't the mustache-twirling comic book villain, but rather the meek politician behind his desk, separated from the conflict entirely. Nothing is black and white, and when you try to make things black and white, only bad things come of it.

Other things:
>Dr. Poison is a woman and serves to show WW that women are no less comlicit in evil then men, despite everything she leaarned on Themiscyra
>Le Evil German man kills the other commanders
>Ares and his motivations/goals tie directly into batmans concerns and fears over beings like Superman in BvS (and serve to validate them)
>>
>>83643679
It is going to drop off. Its literally nothing but Women and beta males rushing out to see it. Most will wait for it to come out on dvd. I bet it barely makes 600 mill worldwide
>>
>>83646796
Your post is valid and true but people are too busy meme'ing.
>>
>>83645402
>ballbusters
ftfy
>>
Anyone else have Gal kinda grow on them. I know she isn't perfect and sure some actresses would look the part better.... But Gal did a damn fine job and did the part well.

Actually good casting in the long run
>>
>>83646796
kill yourself
>>
>>83646796
Couldn't agree more. I went into this movie thinking it would be a generic kill-everyone superhero film with a bit of feminist bullshit sprinkled in, but this is so much better than that.
>>83646843
lol
>>
>>83643679
>No one wants a female lead here movie
bull
shit
what nobody wants is 4 woman butchering an old and well respected franchise with horrible, stale and unfunny quirky humor (the "excuse me einstein" kind of """"""sarcasm""""")
shit negra I watch movies with female hero roles weekly
>>
>>83646843
>I bet it barely makes 600 mill worldwide
You say it as if that was a flop. Man Of Steel made 660 on a much higher budget, the first Iron Man didn't get to 600 and the second made 620.
>>
>>83646796

>even watching a wonder woman movie to know this

LMAO
>>
>>83646451
The poster you are replying to thinks it is referring to men as in males, not men as in the human race
>>
File: wonderthighs.webm (1MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
wonderthighs.webm
1MB, 800x450px
>>83646917
I love her so much now I'd put another baby in he womb just to make her keep that healthy baby weight.
>>
>>83646843

Oh boo hoo a movie with a well written strong female character who doesn't hate men and isnt a libtard mouth piece gets support from girls

But also boyfriend and husband's see it with girls. And teen boys who may just wanna see some women on tight "armor"

Its a solid movie. Its a DC movie worth seeing since the nolan trilogy. Hopefully Batman will also be solid. If Batman fails then it's going to kill DC
>>
>>83646977

Some people say that her new baby belongs to Ben Affleck.
>>
>>83646917
I think it was mostly Jenkin's work. See how all the character moments are the strongest parts of the movie, it seems to be her thing. Let's not forget she helped Theron win a shitload of awards for Monster.
It was good having someone who cares about character development in a superhero movie. I wish she didn't have to rely on CGI that much, because it was noticeable that it isn't her thing.
>>
>>83646796
>Ultimately, it's revealed that real evil isn't the mustache-twirling comic book villain, but rather the meek politician behind his desk, separated from the conflict entirely. Nothing is black and white, and when you try to make things black and white, only bad things come of it.

This was literally the case in WW1, good to see whoever wrote it wasn't a hack. How was the WW1 stuff in general btw? It's known for being ignored on film compared to WW2.
>>
>all these nu-males liking wonder woman
>>
>>83646964
lol, even more retarded then.
>>
>>83647087
.02 Mousebux have been deposited in your account
>>
>>83647029
It's actually mine. I seriously wouldn't mind if it was Ben's.
>>
>>83646796
Germans are an inherently evil race idiot, and have yet to not destroy Europe every 25 years.
>>
>>83647062
could you give me some examples of over-reliance on cgi? not that i'm questioning you, i just want to know. the only thing i can remember that bothered me was the lasso, which looked way too fake to be effective
>>
>>83647062
It's like cape movies are contractually obligated to have at least one CGI fest.
>>
>>83647079
For a superhero blockbuster film, it was surprisingly well handled. If you're expecting some realistic, detailed portrayal of all the complexities of WWI, then of course you'll be disappointed. But I think it made a decent job at showing how shitty everything was, and how it wasn't a good vs. evil war, while allowing Wonder Woman to do superhero shit.
>>
>>83646930

Female leads have and can work. From action to drama to anything. Its just the obvious. Cliche. Hate to say it its so fucking old

>Female leads dont work when it's obvious bait anti male or libtard bullshit.

>Same with black or gay or other minority leads

Fuck The Wire is pretty much fully a black show. Yet /tv/ loves it. I barely see a negative complaint about The Wire. Hell people on here quote the black niggas all the time. Nobody is racist or sexist. /tv/ and such dont want shit MCs. They want good ones

>Also that Steven King movie with Elba looks pretty good. Even with the changes it looks like it wont be nigger BLM shit
>>
>>83647165
The lasso was actually a practical effect.
>>
>>83647165
Pretty much every fight scene, but it was passable until the final fight. That one was pretty awful and it reeked of Snyder, Christian imagery shoved down your throat included.
>>
>>83647198
>>Also that Steven King movie with Elba looks pretty good. Even with the changes it looks like it wont be nigger BLM shit

It's awful and deserves to bomb
>>
>>83646066
In the Arab world, you score cheap nationalistic/political points by denouncing Israel for everything, no matter how thin the connection.

It keeps people docile. Two minutes of hate and all that.
>>
>>83647128

>Evil
>Not muslims or any other insane religion

>Evil
>Ignoring huge numbers of every scientific discovery and invention was German made

Sorry. Id allow the worst germans (Nazis) take over then Muslims. Also the Nazis had some fine ass uniforms. Try to say something bad about them
>>
>>83647178
Yeah, and this is unfortunate. Movies like Suicide Squad shouldn't need a CGI shitfest climax (I know the movie was bad for a lot of other reasons, of course), and it kinda makes me fear what are they gonna do with the Batman family solo films.
>>
>>83644919
I feel the opposite. The fatty is the female version of Chris Farley and she shines best when she's doing stupid and physical gags. The black one I don't really have an opinion of cause I hardly watch SNL, the blonde I don't know who she is, and the last one is a good comedic actor but I hate her (how she looks, her voice, I just don't like her).
>>
>>83647212
wow seriously? it looked so 2-dimensional to me. I liked that they tried to make it stand out but I feel that it was overdone
>>
>>83646761
Not that anon but who keeps up with all the news? I stopped listening to modern music the last couple years and the news to me is in a similar state.
>>
>>83647352
They probably "enhanced" it in post.
>>
Ghostbusters failed because women (especially THOSE women) aren't funny. Plus the trailer which was shoved in our faces at every juncture was fucking awful.
>>
>>83643769
>female only screenings
>antagonized
Only to meninist snowflakes.
>>
>>83646603
Bruh, if you look closely, he shot the german airplanes so they couldn't follow him in the air
>>
>>83647573
Don't bother, he needs to hate the movie.
>>
>>83647573
And yet he was still shot down, are you this fucking dumb?

Maybe if he didn't waste time blowing up airplanes that weren't even fueled he might have escaped.
>>
>>83647289
Suck a dick, nazis ruling instead of mudslimes would be like 1984 instead of Brave New World. Nazis would kill off a shitload of people and maintain their empire which means bad news even if you weren't killed. Mudslimes would kill off the joos, yes, but most people would be exempt. It would be more of a cultural oppression instead of a direct Big Brother type of deal. I'll take no alcohol, a shitload of prayer, and other such religious crap, instead of most likely dying and living in a world where you would be brainwashed and fearful of everything. My aunt and grandma are religious and life under such religious shit is much preferable to 1984.

One last thing: most people on 4chan would be killed under a nazi regime, including you. What is it with your type, to want some white supremacy shit while not realizing such a thing would mean you yourself would be seen as an undesirable? It's not rocket science to understand this. If you're on 4chan, chances are you're not average.
>>
>>83648101
See?
>>83647667
>>
>>83648204
Not an argument nigger.
>>
>>83648356
What is there to argue about? He did that to stall them, but eventually they caught up with him anyway. I would've thought somebody like you would understand things sometimes fail.
>>
Ghostbusters was trying to push forward an agenda. Which wouldn't be all bad, except that it was just not funny. I was bored as shit after the first 15 minutes. The sad part is that all the funny parts I remember were from the men.
>>
>>83648565
I would figure a trained spy would know that if he didn't destroy literally every plane that was fueled, he was better off just keeping his head start.

How much does DC pay you?
>>
>>83643679
I really liked how vulnerable and strong at the same time her character was desu
But hated all that power of love bullshit, because Ares was right.
>>
>>83649974
>I really liked how vulnerable and strong at the same time her character was desu

Is this a shill thread?
>>
File: lobotomy[1].jpg (9KB, 377x197px) Image search: [Google]
lobotomy[1].jpg
9KB, 377x197px
>>83650242
SHILL ARE U A SHILL WHY EVERYBODY IS SHILLING FUCKING SHILLS EVERYWHERE
>>
>>83650242
>liking a movie
>hurr durr shill
Enough.
>>
>>83650384
Talking like a reddit faggot makes me suspect them.
>>
>>83650384

>this movie is bad
>hurr durr disney pajeet shill, no one can have a negative opinion about this movie mouse shills BTFO PRAISE SNYDER OMG SHE A CUTE A CUUUUUUUUUTE

fuck you.
>>
>>83650421
>praise Snyder
If anything based Patty, Snyderfags are siding with MCUfriends at this point.
>>
>>83650384
I didn't even say that I like it, but some retards are triggered anyway
>>
>>83649813
Dude, we get it, you have a hate boner for the movie. Don't try to make it sound reasonable, because it isn't. You're nitpicking bullshit that aren't real problems for anybody. He did what he thought would stall them, it didn't work so they caught up with him. It's pretty fucking straight forward.
>>
>>83643679
>$213M global opening on a $250M budget plus another $100M-$150M in marketing
>"went right"

Wew.
>>
No Snyder = good movie.
>>
>>83650617
So they literally employed a retard.

How bad was the british losing the war at this point?
>>
File: SPC.png (66KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
SPC.png
66KB, 720x540px
>>83644027
Agreed. Sony needs to sell their shit to people who can into cinema.

Although I will say that when you see pic related, 9/10 kino is about to enter your orifices.
>>
>>83650658
How is dropping a bomb in one of their munitions facilities as he escapes retarded? Just stop shit-posting already. Don't you have some futanari doujins to jerk off to or something?
>>
>>83650806
Are you trying to say he's gay?
>>
>>83650806
Because he wasted time, and thus got shot down never giving the intel to the british in a timely manner.

Why do I have to explain basic concepts to you?
>>
I'm watching the camrip right now.

First five minutes. 20% of the women on Paradise Island are blacks and Indians. What the fuck? Would you make a movie about ancient Greece or Rome and have like 20% of he Spartans be black or have Athens be defended by troops that are 20% Chinese?

Yeah it's a superhero movie but jesus man, it doesn't make any fucking sense even logistically. Just give this shit a rest.
>>
>>83650864
>Because he wasted time
How is taking out their primary chemical production facility while escaping a waste of time?

>and thus got shot down never giving the intel to the british in a timely manner.
There is literally nothing to give you the impression that one thing lead to the other, especially when the whole sequence was like 30-40 seconds.

>never giving the intel to the british in a timely manner.
Except he does? Hence the rest of the movie?
>>
>>83651794
There was maybe like 3 or 4 of them at most.
>>
>>83646066
>I'm confused.

They're Muslims.
>>
>>83643679
Jew crew
>>
>>83650706
But Sony Pictures Classics doesn't actually make anything do they?

They do a good job but it's probably just a small office on the studio lot with about 20 people who actually watch movies sourcing out good independent and foreign films with marketing potential and then begging the guys upstairs for financing to acquire distribution rights.

Knowing Sony's history of promoting the wrong people it's probably just a matter of time before they give the job of overseeing it to someone who has no idea what they're doing.
>>
>>83650630
It was $150m budget (which hindered the CGI) and $100m marketing. It broke even in under 1 week. It's doing fine.
>>
>>83643679
Having a competent director, Patty Jenkins (director of "Monster") helps. That's probably why it's the best DC movie, because Zack Snyder didn't direct it for a change.
>>
>>83643679
the female lead was hot and not fat
it didn't gender swap main character as a gimmick to appeal to sjw
didn't use tumblr slang in their marketing
>>
File: 1481248419384.jpg (381KB, 800x522px) Image search: [Google]
1481248419384.jpg
381KB, 800x522px
>>83646066
They're still mad about this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six-Day_War
>>
>>83651794
You know Amazons aren't real, and DC's Amazons aren't even the same as the Greek ones so they can make them however the fuck they want, right?
They were created by Zeus, so maybe he liked some brown sugar from time to time, for all we know. They don't have an ethnical/geographical background.
>>
>>83652917
da fuq, how do you lose all your shit in only six days ???
>>
File: 1496692191032.png (174KB, 915x879px) Image search: [Google]
1496692191032.png
174KB, 915x879px
Why are there no camrips on the popular honeypot sites? I just want to watch WW dangit
>>
>>83653044

Jews are lot of things. But you can't accuse them of being dumb.
>>
Ghostbuster
1-terrible movie
2-shill a misogyny meme as marketing
3-bomb anyway

Wonder woman
1-decent capeshit
2-sjws mimics misogyny meme to virtue signal
3-box office success

1 leads to 3, 2 is incidental
>>
File: 1490916585008.jpg (72KB, 500x451px) Image search: [Google]
1490916585008.jpg
72KB, 500x451px
They made a decent movie that retards can fawn over, because it has a gimmick.

See Jessica Jones for the same phenomenon
>>
>>83645325

>a character could just happen to be gay and since that's absolutely normal

Says who, Fruity McGaygay?
>>
File: 1436072643960.jpg (27KB, 350x468px) Image search: [Google]
1436072643960.jpg
27KB, 350x468px
>>83646522
>this man will never let me down
truly, the king of /tv/
>>
>>83643679
Doesn't this image prove the opposite of what it's trying to imply?

If Ghostbustes failed because of misogyny and sexism, Wonder Woman would have also failed because of misogyny and sexism.

Ghostbusters failed because it was a goddamn awful movie led by one of the WORST movie trailers of all time.
>>
This movie is so god damn boring, stop being fooled by critics. You're sheep
>>
>>83647183
>For a superhero blockbuster film, it was surprisingly well handled
no it wasn't, making Luddendorf a comic book villain is beyond grotesque

The movie isn't deep enough to handle the clusterfuck that was WWI, by 1917 and the actual trench warfare was becoming obsolete, everybody knew they were fighting just to realign their border and bits of territory or to keep a colony, it's one of the shittiest things about the war. Nobody was thinking in terms of "war for war's sake" as portrayed in the movie.
>>
>>83654698
No, that's exactly what the image is trying to imply. That Ghostbuster's failure had nothing to do with misogyny.
>>
File: 1494907460525.png (236KB, 808x805px) Image search: [Google]
1494907460525.png
236KB, 808x805px
>>83653075
please respond
>>
>>83646977
that's actually a good bit of balance she showed there, she didn't gain weight but the training did work, nice.
>>
>>83654805
>Making a villain of a comic book movie act like a comic book villain is beyond grotesque

Sure thing, pal. It's nice that you seemed to ignore the rest of my post where I said that of course you'd be disappointed if you were looking for a detailed and historically accurate portrayal of WWI because this is a Wonder Woman movie, not a WWI historical drama. But for what it was, it handled the gray areas pretty well and didn't turn it into an us vs. them thing.
It showed shitty and decent people at both sides, and it ended showing the Germans as relieved as anybody else that the war was over.
>>
>>83654927
I'm not saying I didn't like the movie, I did but the themes of war are just touched upon, not really explored.

As I mentioned, there was no need for the villain to be a historical figure, there was no need to show the germans as disposable men, no need for the cackling over the gas mask bit either. In popular culture WWI has become incorrectly or not into a sort of "anti-WW2" where the first thing to go out the window is moral clarity, yes that's supposed to be the point of Wonder Woman, but you can say that about the character, not really the movie. The movie to the contrary means to show humans are more than capable of being evil without divine intervention.

At the same time, the it could have explored at least one of the shitload of heavy stuff it just glanced, the value of duty, the importance of politics in warfare, the cyclical nature of war, PTSD, racism, nihilism, general "man inhumanity to man" stuff, etc. It's all too much, not even an actual drama could have been effective at all of these, much less a superhero movie.
>>
>>83653075
>>83654818
123movies nigga
>>
>>83643679
gal a cute. I would watch a ghostbusters remake with her and 3 other qts running around shooting ghosts.
>>
>>83644027
Sony can't do anything right anymore. Bought a 4K Sony TV and a Sony 4K compatible AV receiver, and they're both shit. I wish I had bought an LG and another Denon.
>>
>>83646796
>She meets Chris Pine and immediately assumes he is good and the Germans are bad and it's all because of Ares.
What fucking logic is that. She isn't about taking sides, her whole quest was about peace. Yet she endlessly murders one side despite it being the doing of Ares. Yeah, super great plot movie.
>>
>>83646522
But he eviscerated Baywatch.
>>
>>83655516
>endlessly murders

stop this fucking meme. she only killed soldiers who enslaved a town and were actively shooting at her.
>>
>>83645654
My question is why this ground have to constantly retreaded. This isn't the first successful film with a female lead. And it's fucking WW, no one looks down on WW. People will watch a WW movie, the question was if it would be good.
>>
>>83655528
Maybe it's the tv show he's talking about
>>
>>83655644
What meme? Americans shoot and kill as well. American's take over towns as well. You just sucking too much dick to know that's a stupid reason.
>>
>>83648120
Muslims want to kill anyone who ISN'T a Muslim, as well as other Muslims who aren't the same sect. It's in their holy book.
>>
>>83655706
are you retarded? she's not omniscient. she only knows about stuff she comes into contact with. she was trying to find Ares and then she heard about a town that was enslaved so she liberated. the soldiers guarding it tried to kill her so she had to kill them. you're literally too stupid to understand a superhero movie
>>
>>83655793
You're so retarded holy fuck lmfao. She only knows stuff she comes into contact with? First 10 minutes of the movie she learned that her people were brought to bring balance and peace. She is fighting people when both sides killed thousands and thousands for no reason. Germany wasn't even the reason WW1 started. If she is a peace keeper of men, then its kind of stupid to be killing the men you are meant to be protecting. She should be defending, not fighting for a side. Go fucking drink your semen now, neckbeard.
>>
>>83655937
>She should be defending, not fighting for a side
she wasn't fighting Le Evil Germans you dumb kraut. she was defending the village. you're literally too stupid to understand basic plot points
>>
How do they reach London from the coast of Greece in less than a night?
>>
>>83655209
>The movie to the contrary means to show humans are more than capable of being evil without divine intervention.
Yes, and also capable of being selfless and good. That's what she realizes at the end, that with a positive influece like hers, men are capable of good things, but with a negative one they're capable of the most horrible things, so she decides to become that positive influence. It's pretty much what her character has been about for a few years in the comics.
And compare it to what Captain America did with WWII. I thought WW was pretty nuance and handled the setting in a much better way than I'd expected for a Hollywood superhero film.
>>
>>83656030
Holy shit the whole movie she is killing just Germans, yet for some reason you think its just one village. Kill yourself.
>>
>>83656056
I don't think they said where the Island was, and they caught a ride.
>>
It's superhero trash. Of course it was gonna make at least a couple hundred million. Has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with Hollywood having nothing to offer.
>>
>>83643679
You know, people have been saying "no Snyder", but this is also the first DCEU movie that doesn't have David S. Goyer as a screenwriter.

Yes Snyder is responsible for shitty color filters, but he's not the one who wrote Jonathan Kent wanting his son to let people die.
>>
>>83656120
because just germans try to kill her. are you retarded?
>>
>>83656120
It's the only scene where she kills Germans. That and when the Germans invade the Island and start shooting at them.
>>
>>83655937
So she just kills fucking white males the whole movie?
>>
>>83656239
Considering white males were pretty much the only ones fighting in WWI, yes.
>>
>>83656194
Watch the movie again you fucking retard. She confronts the queen, saying Ares is the one behind this, not the Germans. She says its duties of the Amazons to stop the war, and the queen forbids it. So tell me again it has to do with the island you dumb fuck.
>>
>>83656081
>And compare it to what Captain America did with WWII.
I will agree that Captain America didn't take WW2 seriously either but that movie wasn't trying to make any moral argument about the war or the human condition, they went as far as to make Hydra as separate from Nazis as possible.

But here's the thing, to match this movie, it would be as if Captain America had to fight the Red Skull who is actually Hans Guderian who is doing research with Dr Mengele and it has a scene where it was he who staged the July bombing attempt on Hitler's life in order to make him paranoid and further finance HYDRA while getting rid of his political enemies, etc. Something like that.

I will agree 100% that Wonder Woman had a much better romantic plot than Captain America, by the end of the movie the only reason why Peggy "loves" Steve is because she wants to fuck him, for Diana even if they spent only a single night together, it was never a fling and she still loves him 100 years later, it was pretty good.
>>
>>83656266
Jesus christ...READ A FUCKING BOOK
>>
>>83656405
she only kills germans who are trying to kill her.

she doesn't "endlessly murder" them like you said early, and nothing about the queen or ares has anything to do with this. english is clearly not your first language so just shut the fuck up.
>>
>>83656474
the sniper wasn't trying to kill her
>>
>>83656474
No one was trying to kill her your blind faggot. She went ahead of her friends and killed people shooting IN A WAR. You better stop sucking nigger cock because clearly you can't understand the fundamentals of a sensible fucking movie.
>>
>>83656551
>No one was trying to kill her
>She went ahead of her friends and killed people shooting

Who were the "people shooting" shooting at? Her. Because they were trying to kill her. You're literally too stupid to argue with.
>>
Can Ares defeat Superman?
>>
>>83656266
what are gurkhas anon?
>>
>>83643679
the movie, liberals are crazy people who pathologically blames others for their failures
>>
>>83656609
If I went into a police station to start shit, then I went in for a purpose to start shit. If I simply didn't and went around to get to the inital problem I have, then there is literally no reason to go in the police station. In the fucking movie she even fucking says if she defeats Ares, that the germans will become good again. So again, another fucking big hint you have down syndrome that she understands they are good people under the control pf Ares yet kills them anyway. Now go play with your legos you downy
>>
>>83656613
I don't thinks so, if you consider MoS as the powerscale, the stakes on that movie were complete human annihilation and in BvS both Doomsday and Superman survive a nuclear explosion. Compare that to a vague fight in which Zeus has to go away forever after wounding Ares with no visible reprecussions on mankind. It sounds too discrete.

Then again, after gaining god powers Diana was able to hack of a limb from Doomsday in a single CG cutscene with no effort using the same sword she was supposed to use to kill Ares.
>>
>>83656692
>she even fucking says if she defeats Ares, that the germans will become good again.
Yes and because it's the current year, you're expected to feel sorry for her because that's such a naive thinking process and you know how the story turns out.

The only germans that were ever under Ares' control were the ones necessary to continue the plot.
>>
>>83656692
no one cares about your stupid police analogy. she only kills germans who are trying to kill her that is a fact. but keep crying about how she "endlessly murders" them you thin-skinned retard.
>>
>>83653044
>>83653095
this
Jews, when given the proper equipment, can be remarkably effective fighters.
>>
>>83656866
>the proper equipment
The full and unquestioning cooperation of the US?
>>
File: 1385871008507.jpg (295KB, 624x599px) Image search: [Google]
1385871008507.jpg
295KB, 624x599px
>>83656824
Yeah because you're too stupid to follow a simple analogy. It's fact you're a fucking dumb nigger, and it's fact you are a downy. Never talk about movies again. I at least was able to quote the movie to defend my arguement, you just said B-B-BUT THEY SHOOT WEAPONS :(. Fucking idiot.
>>
>>83656824
dude i dont know how you put up with this.
>>83656692
this guy is literally the dumbest motherfucker ive ever seen on this whole website
>>
>>83646796
I really like this post.
>>
>>83656941
If any post on /tv/ ever deserved the response "not an argument", it's this one.
>>
>>83656745
To be fair to wonder woman though, Ares also had a goal of total annihilation of the human race.

But i do think in a full on brawl with no restraints on both sides Superman is pretty much unbeatable.
>>83656941
Ive been following this argument and i honestly cant even tell what your point is but its hilarious that you call other people stupid.
I cant wait for the "i was pretending to be retarded post from you"
>>
>>83643679

The wonder woman movie features an attractive lead who is portraying an already beloved character of American mythology, and is "playing by the rules" of conventional capeshit without stepping on anybody's toes.

The ghostbusters reboot features a gaggle of ugly women who were shoehorning themselves into a franchise with established male characters.
>>
>>83656866
bankrolled and spied for by the US of A with unlimited air superiority in perpetuity...

ok, sure, that's not a cheat code or anything
>>
>>83657092
you can point that out all you want but its still incredibly impressive that they so thoroughly defeated three countries in 6 days.
Even before Israel was benefiting from US support heavily, they defeated a huge Arab coalition in 1948 and it wasnt even close.
>>
>>83657042
>Ares also had a goal of total annihilation of the human race.
not in a single move, presumably because he can't do that.

He says some shit about war being some sort of human sacrifice for himself but they don't really go into detail about whether Greek gods have mystical powers or not, WW could be just like Thor for DC at this point.
>>
File: 1493632418592.jpg (42KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
1493632418592.jpg
42KB, 600x300px
>>83643925
>They dont put SJW Bullshit in the Movie Like Ghostbuster did
>israeli jerkfest
kys famalam you're worthless and I'll bash ya then smash ur mrs.
>>
>>83657145
ok, but Israel at the time and to this day is the only country in the region with any capability of using modern warfare doctrines, nobody else has the logistics for it and arab armies are NOTORIOUS for being shit, sectarian messes that work more as tribal power plays rather than national defense forces.

During the Golan heights battle the jews pretty much did the textbook use of air power and armor to punch through the line to disrupt the logistics and nobody was able to stop them. It's blitzkrieg bullshit that shouldn't work on a matching army, it works on arabs because their military is shit and has no counter.
>>
>>83657377
>attacking children and farmers with america's hardware
>send angry refugees to goyim
yeah they're so beast bro
>>
>>83657145
>you can point that out all you want but its still incredibly impressive that they so thoroughly defeated three countries in 6 days.
On a good day, six Arab countries are as dangerous as a Soviet satellite without the Soviets.
>>
>>83657417
I'm not defending them, they should do it on their own dime. I hate muslims anyways so their tactics are fine by me anyways tho.
>>
>>83646066
>they're at peace

That only means they don't bomb each other. They are still muzzies.
>>
>>83646066
they're still allowed to hate them anon
>>
>>83643679
Anybody else think that 200 mil is kind of low for this?
>>
If wonder woman wants to stop the war so much

why did she fly her invisible to Berlin and kill the Kaiser?
>>
>>83657741

it's on pace to get pass the 500 mil mark, where it'll be in the general area area of success. I am curious to see what kind of legs it has and how resounding that success will be and if it will get into 600, 700 mil range.
>>
>>83656625
I said "pretty much", meaning that a vast majority of people involved were white males, and that's still true.
>>
>>83657741
It's the lowest of the DCEU so far so it's really not great, especially if it's even more front-loaded than DCEU flicks tend to be. This is basically "DCEU's Thor" though so it's pretty solid, they're probably just glad to get it out of the way in the grand scheme of the DCEU and make some decent cash doing so.
Thread posts: 211
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.