[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did /tv/ hate this movie so much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Why did /tv/ hate this movie so much?
>>
Because "capeshit"
>>
It wasn't a good film but it was a good Marvel film
>>
>>83641471
It's complete garbage, even by Marvel standards.
>>
Because good actors, good art-production and visuals were wasted on a usual marvel quipfest.
>>
Because hating it is strategically important for making elaborate arguments that BvS isn't shit for some reason, and people defend stupid shit here as a hobby. The movie wasn't really anything special though, and the comedy and small romance plot did hurt it a bit. I wouldn't call it bad though
>>
>>83641471
I didn't hate it but it was such wasted potential.
>>
amazing cgi, so much potential wasted with a lame scenario... even worse than the usual marvel
>>
File: lGBfRrqMUVAEklK-800x800-noPad.jpg (28KB, 698x672px) Image search: [Google]
lGBfRrqMUVAEklK-800x800-noPad.jpg
28KB, 698x672px
>>83641961
>amazing cgi
>>
Just watched it last night since they added it to Netflix, it was pretty underwhelming even by Marvel standards.

>another narcissistic asshole origin story, follows Iron Man 1 general plot closely
>barely any fantastical magic elements outside of conjuring orange weapons and rotating buildings, the latter of which is cool the first time, drawn out when it's the sole focus of their magic abilities
>plus inception did better rotatating fight scene without CGI 7 years ago
>quips quips quips

The only thing I'll give it is the solution to dealing with Dormammu, which was interesting. I'd like to see him come back.
>
>>
you could watch any other movie from the marvel universe and ge the same experience
it was so incredibly boring and predictable
>>
>>83642116
>without CGI
what
>>
I'm usually a MCU apologist but this one was bad. Fucking awful in fact. Shit writing, shit direction, so much wasted potential.

>>83642285
Yeah, they literally rotated the set. Not joking.
>>
>>83642285

The hallway scene with JGL was part of a real set, not computers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PhiSSnaUKk
>>
Because it was made by Marlel and tv hates it because people like it.
>>
>>83641471
Cause it was good and that ruins being a contrarian teenager.
>>
>>83641471
It was the perfect example of style over substance. Plus, the majority of /tv/ hates anything to do with Marvel.
Honestly, I can appreciate that the movie was poorly written, but I enjoyed the visuals to a much higher extent than I normally do with Marvel capeflicks. I think Doctor Strange is the most stylized film in the MCU, as the rest are basically indistinguishable from each other in terms of visual style.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.