[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to Dragon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Stoick is not amused.jpg (237KB, 1095x617px) Image search: [Google]
Stoick is not amused.jpg
237KB, 1095x617px
STOICK THE WASTED

Is it me or did the sequel kinda sucked? The narrative was hamfisted and superficial, like they just wanted to give an excuse for having action sequences and lame jokes with nothing meaningful to tell behind. Hiccup and his mom were vomitting cheesy, cringy morals at every turn, the old cast were reduced to background noise, Toothless was just the cute recurrent gag element until the finale and the one dimensional villain only existed to have two sides fight against each other. Stoick did the right thing by walking out early.

What are the chances that the next one will get things back on track?
>>
>>83639320

Wasn't Hiccup's mom kind of a bitch?
>>
File: IMG_5650.jpg (76KB, 1226x749px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5650.jpg
76KB, 1226x749px
>>83639320
The sad thing is that the critics said it was better than the first. The first one was straightforward, but very well executed. The secondhand was even more simplistic, but didn't really have the novelty of the first one. I also just didn't care for any of the new characters.

I also thought it was funny how Astrid became super hot (I guess that was expected) and Hiccup did too. Like Hiccup was supposed to be this dorky kid, and even though he was still skinny in the second one, they made him a little too good looking for the fan girls.

And Stoick was the quintessential stereotypical Viking. The third movie won't be as good without him because now we don't have any main character like that. They could use more Gobber though. Craig Ferguson is really likeable,
>>
>>83639463
Depends on how you look at it. More like she was a crazy woman who left home to be a crazy cat lady but with dragons. I guess she abandon her family and Berk though, which is kinda shitty.
>>
>>83639463
She was more of a lunatic. She never went home to her husband and son because "people never listened to her about dragons being misunderstood cute giant firebreathing flying lizards".

>>83639534
>The sad thing is that the critics said it was better than the first
Those guys had to be bought.
>The first one was straightforward, but very well executed
That it was.
>I also thought it was funny how Astrid became super hot (I guess that was expected) and Hiccup did too. Like Hiccup was supposed to be this dorky kid, and even though he was still skinny in the second one, they made him a little too good looking for the fan girls
Hiccup became much hotter than Astrid.

>The third movie won't be as good without him because now we don't have any main character like that
Sad thing, especially considering that the mom kinda sucks.
>>
>>83639320
Man, Hiccup's dad was a fucking asshole. He disavowed his own son because Hiccup wasn't a typical viking hero and he only starts loving Hiccup again after he finds out that Hiccup's a hero in another way. What if Hiccup didn't prove himself, would his just fucking abandon him? And then we're supposed to feel sad for him. I hated this movie.
>>
>>83640039

He did the best he could after his wife and mother of his child fucked off to rub dragon pheromones all over herself.
>>
Which would fuck: Astrid or Hiccup?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dEynI9G0tvM
>>
>>83640072
Yeah I guess. I hated his mother too.
>>
>>83640039
>every character should be reasonable and kind at the start of the film

He comes to be proud of his son despite being everything that he previously hated. Not only was Hiccup weak and weird, but he befriended their enemy.
>>
>>83640080
Fuck Marry Kill with Astrid, Hiccup, and Toothless. Go.
>>
>>83640117
He started loving his son because his son proved himself to be a warrior. Hiccup got treated like shit and he didn't even realise it
>>
>better than the first

I don't think any animated movie has yet to top the reveal of the night fury against against the starry sky
>>
>>83640039
If you recheck that scene, it clearly killed him inside to do it. There's a moment just after he leaves that shows it.
That movie was amazingly well done for a modern dreamworks movie. Though I'm glad that illumination took the crown of shitty animated movies
>>
>>83640159
Really? He only got angry at Hiccup when he fucked everything up for the whole village like at the beginning of the film. The rest of the film was him loving his son but being disappointed in him. Hiccup proved Stoick wrong about the dragons and brought peace to village that Stoick was fighting to protect. That's why he admires him. Hiccup isn't really a warrior.
>>
>>83640039
They ARE vikings after all.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.