[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Wire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: The_Wire_Cover.jpg (135KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
The_Wire_Cover.jpg
135KB, 1024x768px
Tell me, /tv/. Is this show as good as everyone says it is? Is it overrated? What am I in for?
>>
>>83619458
Season 4 > 3 > 1 > 5 > 2 is the objective order from best to worst, so it might be a struggle to watch all the way through if you aren't committed. The main character is p unlikeable while based side characters like Omar, Slim Charles, Body, Lester, and Stringer make the show
>>
2 > 1 > 3 > 4 > 5
>>
4>2>3>1>5
this is the real objective order, ignore all others
>>
65 hours of rinse/repeat message banged into your head over and over, overly realistic by boring you with minor things, and every white boy's first look into the hood which is so much more interesting to them than people already familiar with it.

Some cool characters and watchable but ultimately never goes anywhere. You don't need to keep watching to see if it's for you. You can judge early on if it's for you.
>>
>>83619458

It's great, but marathon the first 3 or 4 episodes before deciding it the show is for you. The pilot's fine, it's just that it doesn't have the usual "open with a bang" shit like other shows.
>>
It's good but kind of boring. It's considered one of the greatest because it came out when it did and not today. There are currently several shows that are as good as The Wire, but back then there was just The Wire
>>
>>83619458
I just started season 2. Not feeling it so far, but it's still pretty good. Not as interesting as season 1, though.
>>
I had to quit watching it midway through the pilot. I predicted it would just be 5 seasons of he dindu nuffins and apparently I was right
>>
It's probably the best TV show ever made but plebs will never understand it.
>>
>>83620086
The Wire is too smart for /pol/
>>
>>83619458
the best goddamn show I've ever had the pleasure of watching
>>
It's the best show ever because of the cyclical structure. Each season is a wheel and the entire show is a bigger wheel. There are a few cheesy bits and moments that haven't aged well, but overall there's no show that matches the narrative and character complexity, setup and payoff of the wire. That said there are other shows that are greater for other reasons, like say Justified which has the greatest dialogue of any show, or something like Fargo which has a triple threat of cinematography, writing, and acting (not to mention just being a more entertaining show) but just doesn't quite reach the narrative heights of The Wire.
>>
>>83619458
It's the best show I've ever watched, but not the most entertaining one.
>>
>>83619755
I'm gonna give it another go based on your post. I watched the first episode a while back and thought it was a pile of shit so didn't bother with the rest.

I knew I should have continued but I couldn't be bothered based on that first episode.
>>
>>83619458
It is nigger shit for white guilt cucks who think they're sophisticated for watching it.

Awful show.
>>
>>83620285
Fargo and The Wire are my favorite shows. I would agree that The Wire has character depth like no other show. The cinematography isn't anything special. But in a way I think that fits the realism.
>>
>>83620360
Sorry you aren't sophisticated anon.
>>
>>83620360
Why even be on this board if you're just trying to pander to /pol/?
>>
>>83620182
A coloring book would bring out pain in /pol/ as they struggled to stay in the lines and not scribble swastikas all over the happy snowman and prairie house.
>>
>>83619458
its my favorite show of all time I think
>>
File: 1495867431403.jpg (42KB, 598x582px)
1495867431403.jpg
42KB, 598x582px
just look at this >>83620285 post to see the typical fawning and white guiltery that this show provokes. all of the platitudes that were said could be said for literally any other show.

it's an average show except it was about niggers and muh struggle. big fucking deal. this show really dates itself by choosing to emphasize "muh negroid struggle" as if it were some new thing--at the time it aired, the SJW/BLM/Obama shit still hadn't surfaced.
>>
>>83620449
He gets ignored on /pol/ so comes here to be "edgy" and get (you)'s
>>
Its the closest cinema will ever come to rivaling literature
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.