[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was Vader's voice so old in Rogue One?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

it's supposed to be taking place before ANH. Don't tell me Skywalker Sound don't have the technology to make that voice younger.
>>
Because James Earl Jones is pushing 90, did his lines in one take, and Disney couldn't give a shit about correcting it because SW fans will eat it up regardless.
>>
>>83609433
that's the kind of detail George would have never neglected
>>
>>83609433
Dubs of truth. Disney getting the rights made me hate Star Wars. I wasn't a fan of the prequels either, but RotS was at least 66% of a good movie.
>>
>>83609433
This. All they had to do was put his name in the credits and people would flock to see it. No effort was needed.
>>
>>83609323
>Don't tell me Skywalker Sound don't have the technology to make that voice younger.
I think they did it out of respect for JEJ.
>>
>>83609323
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVzc20Bm8Xo
>>
File: 1490442647801.jpg (338KB, 895x631px) Image search: [Google]
1490442647801.jpg
338KB, 895x631px
>>83609323
>>83609433
funnily enough, the audio team on the Rebels show did a much better job processing his old-ass voice
>>
>>83609503
>George
>attention to detail
Kek gr8b8m8
>>
>>83609323
Man i fucking hate that scene. First of all the prequel flashbacks

>huge CGI rooms
>people standing and talking
>retarded lava planet
>pointless exposition to somehow connect it to ANH

and then the rest
>filmed for the trailer
>emperor bait
>don't choke on your aspirations
>the look of the costume
>his voice

And then worst of all they even ruined their own ending. The vader rips people apart stuff would have been even more effective if they didn't showed him before. You can really tell that at one point studio executives were like: Yeah we need more vader in it for the trailer. Just put him in front of a greenscreen and let him talk some lines.
I swear i thought there would be a vader in his tube toy/action figure. I really was surprised when i didn't find one.
>>
>>83609323
>>83609433
>How dare elderly people have old voices

This fucking board takes contrarianposting too far sometimes
>>
>>83609856
They come off as assholes in this. Why are they mocking the people watching the video? They are the ones choosing to make the video.
>>
>>83610526
>You can really tell that at one point studio executives were like: Yeah we need more vader in it for the trailer. Just put him in front of a greenscreen and let him talk some

It was the other way around. The talking scene was in the movie, and they added Vader slaughtering the guys at the last minute.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.