[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /tv/ think of Garden State?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: _67227855_gardenstate.jpg (40KB, 464x261px) Image search: [Google]
_67227855_gardenstate.jpg
40KB, 464x261px
What does /tv/ think of Garden State?
>>
I despise everything with this aesthetic. Sad scrawny ugly jewy numale being quirky.
>>
>>83609156
THE most "I bet you enjoy the films of Wes Anderson"-core movie despite having nothing to do with Wes Anderson.

A qt indie girl in school showed me this movie and it's okay but at the time I loved it.
>>
I thought the first half with him returning to the town before it got into the romance was really good
>>
It's ok but a bit too quirky for quirkyness' sake.

Natalie Portman is the worst part.
>>
>>83609156
When I first watched it, I liked it.

Now I don't. It's just jewish nihilism.
>>
i used to really like it when i was like 14-15. now at 26, i don't recall much about it except natalie portman and now that i think about her scenes, i don't know, i'm not really interested in re-watching it now. i still like lost in translation a lot though, those early to mid 00s movies were pretty good.
>>
>>83609565
when i think about it, more like late 90s to mid 00s
>>
>>83609244
your spoiler experience with this film is mine exactly.

its IRL high-school romance tier
>>
>>83609274
if this ended in suicide or general ennui it would've been actually something special.

the romance was the worst possible choice.
>>
Zach Fagbraff is a humongous cunt and a literal piece of shit. Fuck him, fuck his hair, fuck his face, fuck the people that sew his clothes and fuck everything else about him.
>>
>>83609156
it's not the greatest movie. made me cry when i was 17 year after my girlfriend broke up with me because i wanted to feel that pure vulnerability again. got me into frou frou and imogen heap, so that's nice.

now i don't think it really stacks up because my outlook on life in general has improved three fold. it was there when i needed it.
>>
"Zach Braff is really talented" was Hollywood's shittiest meme
>>
I do credit with this and the OC soundtrack for making me the indie friend I am now (or was from 15 - 24, I just listen to rap music like most real indie kids do these days)
>>
It gets shit on a lot for what it represents, and I too went through the phase where all I listened to was the soundtrack but without any of the "quirky numale indie manic pixie dream girl" bullshit, there's something undeniably pure about it. It's such an innocent worldview that it's almost charming in it's simplicity.
>>
>>83609939
Is it a common phenomenon for indie fans to grow out of it and into rap? I just realized that's 100% me and most of my friends
>>
>do you believe
>in what you see
>motionless wheel
>nothing is real
>wasting our time
>in the waiting line
>do you believe
>in what you see
>>
>>83609156
Teenage tier art, but at that particular time in your life it definitely has value and relatability.
>>
>>83609156
It's completely shit.
>>
>>83610007

>>83609244 Here
I don't know about everyone else but I still mostly listen to indie. But I always hated The Shins and this movie made that song way more popular than it deserved.
>>
File: caca.jpg (41KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
caca.jpg
41KB, 500x375px
perro caca
>>
File: 1231442142.jpg.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1231442142.jpg.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
it has classic Bazinga!!!
>>
Zack Braft or however you spell it is a jerk in real life in person so I can't enjoy anything with him in it (besides the fact that he has such a punchable idiot face).
I also hate this movie because it has the same name as am indie band I liked as a teen so the stupid trailer for this movie always appeared in the youtube search results.
I didn't watch it because I don't watch shit movies. I don't need to watch it to know it's shit.
>>
>>83610691
really? he seemed so nice in scrubs
>>
>>83610390
My exact feelings
>>
>>83609391

I miss Braffposting.
>>
File: kino (2).jpg (115KB, 537x504px) Image search: [Google]
kino (2).jpg
115KB, 537x504px
Damn...
>>
>>83610855
its not abnormal to hate most people.
>>
I remember loving this movie when I was 16 and listening to the OST (which is actually good)
Other than that not much, I think it's this kind of movie like Donnie Darko that people of this age enjoyed when they were like 15
>>83609244
literally my experience too
>>
>>83612085
>literally my experience too
im so shocked. samsies
>>
>>83609156
watched for like the 100th time yesterday and noticed how Jewish it is.
I dont mind.
still love the soundtrack and Prime NP
>>
>>83609868
His film with Casey Affleck was good
>>
this movie, Brick and Litte Miss Sunshine are the "introduction to indie movies for teens in the mid-2000s" starter pack
the last 2 are good though
>>
File: Thatface20110725-22047-wlaopv.png (7KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
Thatface20110725-22047-wlaopv.png
7KB, 645x773px
>1. "Don't Panic" Coldplay 2:17
>2. "Caring Is Creepy" The Shins 3:20
>3. "In the Waiting Line" Zero 7 4:33
>4. "New Slang" The Shins 3:51
>5. "I Just Don't Think I'll Ever Get Over You" Colin Hay 5:18
>6. "Blue Eyes" Cary Brothers 4:18
>7. "Fair" Remy Zero 3:54
>8. "One of These Things First" Nick Drake 4:49
>9. "Lebanese Blonde" Thievery Corporation 4:46
>10. "The Only Living Boy in New York" Simon & Garfunkel 3:59
>11. "Such Great Heights" Iron & Wine 4:12
>12. "Let Go" Frou Frou 4:12
>13. "Winding Road" Bonnie Somerville
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbGTzJcyjGI
muh feeling
>>
>>83609156
It's a strong movie that was very influential at the time, so much that looking back at it, it seems cliché in its quirkiness. I loved the movie back then, and even now I think it's very good, honest and visually pleasing. The soundtrack is amazing as well, I'm actually pretty sure that the soundtrack is what determined my music taste to this day. It's kind of sad that Zach Braff never quite moved beyond that movie. I think he's certainly talented, but he just lost something along the way. The kind of honesty that made Garden State possible is just gone. It almost seems like he's trying to imitate himself these days, it's strange.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjHvJE1XU7E
>most comfy song
>not on the soundtrack

are there any movies like Garden State?
like, a guy goes back to his hometown and is depressed, meeting old acquaintances etc

actually this reminds me of Jim Jarmush's movie with Bill Murray (the name escapes me atm) it's very good
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.