[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Two more films and he retires. Will you miss him?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: Tarantinoxxblurayger.jpg (412KB, 1175x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Tarantinoxxblurayger.jpg
412KB, 1175x1500px
Two more films and he retires. Will you miss him?
>>
>>83604943
dis nigga be lovin feetpussies
>>
No, he used to make half way decent films, now they're at least 90 minutes of garbage.
>>
>>83604943
no, most overrated director of all time
>>
Nah, not gonna do it.
>>
Nope. Does have an original film in his entire filmography
>>
File: 1447189059801.jpg (70KB, 649x488px) Image search: [Google]
1447189059801.jpg
70KB, 649x488px
maybe
like him or hate him, his films defined a new era in American films
>>
>>83605105
pulp fiction?
>>
>>83604943

His obvious cuck fetish from being born to a single mother that was blacked by random negros every week keeps ruining his movies.
>>
Nope. He's kind of a one trick pony at this point
>>
I suppose

being a one trick pony doesn't make him worse than all the shovelware directors out there
>>
they always say that, then shit out a lot more when they realize they're become literal nobodies.
>>
I want Kill Bill 3. So he can keep going imo.

Those were the last movies of his that I really liked. Then again I was like 17 when they came out.
>>
I hope he does at least one sci-fi film.
Like a Blob type film.
>>
I'd hope he still wrote movies.
True Romance is a great film.
>>
>>83605120
Got me there. I actually do enjoy Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs but I dont much care for his other films.
>>
>>83604943
It's not like he dies. He retires from directing, not writing.
>>
>>83605391
Hello, Mr. Kermode!
>>
I just hope he makes a horror film before retiring. Something similar to The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
And no, won't miss him. The Tarantino I loved, already retired in the 90s after making Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction. I'm 100% he'll never make anything like those 2 films again, so, yeah, he can retire.
>>
>>83605836
I think Hateful Eight is something like a horror film.
>>
>>83605836
Tarantino's Muppet Crime Story.
>>
>>83604943
THREE MINUTES SEVENTEEN SECONDS
>>
>>83606313
>>83606313
>THREE MINUTES SEVENTEEN SECONDS
A final Quentin Tarantino's flick.
>>
>>83604943
'no'
>>
Not really. He's said what he needed to say.
>>
>>83605105
Name one filmmaker who you think makes "original" movies and I'll tell you who they're copying
>>
>>83604943
He only made three good movies and that was in the 90s.
Nothing of value will be lost.
>>
>>83607443

Not him but Malick
>>
>>83604999
>>
His 90s output was his peak, but he still makes good movies, even if he just recycles his formula for each of them. I'll mostly miss his autistic flareups during interviews and public appearances.
>>
File: smugtarantino.jpg (36KB, 259x194px)
smugtarantino.jpg
36KB, 259x194px
I honestly don't get /tv/'s hatred for Tarantino. Pulp Fiction and Inglorious Basterds are masterpieces, and everything he's made since have at the very least been decent.
Hateful 8 was a bit of a disappointment for me, but I thought it was still pretty good. I do think it's good that he's planning to retire, tho, as too many directors overstay their welcome *cough SPEILBERG cough*
>>
>>83607869
>Inglorious Basterds are masterpieces
Hello Redit!
>>
File: girls-laughing.jpg (55KB, 553x496px)
girls-laughing.jpg
55KB, 553x496px
>>83607869
>thinks /tv/ is one person

Kek you cant make this shit up
>>
>>83607904
What was so great about that film again? I just watched it, and I was bored out of my mind until the theater violence started.
>>
>>83607993
Everytime Landa is on screen the movie becomes good.
>>
>>83607869
those movies are no garden state
>>
>>83607937
>/tv/ is one person
What? He was talking about a general trend on this board. How autistic do you have to be to misinterpret that?
>>
He said he mihgt start a TV series after his films. i hope so.

also i hope he does kill bill 3 and another non-western.
>>
>>83607443
Zack Snyder
>>
>>83604943
Nah. It's gonna be like ten years by the time he even releases those last two and I'd rather he quits with dignity rather than go the Copola route.
>>
One of the single most destructive forces in film
>>
>>83608872
You can't say he's original when his best films are adaptations anon.
>>
>>83607443
Guy Maddin, Pedro Costa, Miguel Gomes, Amat Escalante.
>>
>>83604943
Yes.

Predict his next farto film
>>
>implying Resevoir Dogs wasn't kino
>implying Inglorious Basterds wasn't good
>>
I think he's gone downhill but his recent releases are still better than most. I don't see a problem with him always having the same "style" of movies - that's what he does. He gets a lot of shit from contrarians for being easily accessible, if his films were less popular people would admit they actually liked him.

7.5/10 career so far tbqhl
>>
>I will retire after making 10 movies
>Only 3 of them will be good btw
MADMAN
>>
>>83610718
What are the three?
>>
I want Tarantino to stop making movies so he can start writing books about them.

Hearing him talk about movies is a million times more interesting than seeing his feature-length riffs.
>>
>>83610902
He's a better writer/speaker than a director, that's for sure
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.