[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/who/ - Doctor Who General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 55

File: where did it all go so wrong.png (634KB, 640x711px) Image search: [Google]
where did it all go so wrong.png
634KB, 640x711px
>2007 Doctor Who
>racism used to be so ingrained in British mentality that even a kind, intelligent person would be prejudiced against a black woman. It is possible to respect the person while still disapproving of the racism.

>2017 Doctor Who
>DUDE PUNCH THE EVIL WHITE RACIST LMAO

What the fuck happened?

>>83570516
>>
>>83594893
Donald trump
and I say that unironically. His election has made people much more emotional and polarized, so the political beliefs of the writers have been shifted more left to the point where they think there's nothing wrong with what they're doing
>>
Post your top 5 Capaldi era episodes

1. Listen
2. Mummy on the Orient Express
3. Heaven Sent
4. Extremis
5. Deep Breath

Honorable mention: all three Christmas specials which were actually great
>>
>>83595085
Is it bad that I can't think of any that I actually like?
>>
>>83594900
this. tma/twf was kino. people were just buttmad at the tank scene even though it was objectively a fun and comfy moment.

>muh old doctor must be dark and serious all the time REEEEEEEE
>>
>>83595085
Husbands and Last Christmas definitely, but I've got no emotional investment in mysterio
>>
File: 1493512966995.jpg (235KB, 631x631px) Image search: [Google]
1493512966995.jpg
235KB, 631x631px
>>83594893
>crying because the show doesn't always treat racists kindly
>>
Toby Whitehouse has finally let me down, I've enjoyed his episodes more than most other writers on New who but this week was just... bad.

What would have helped this weeks story? To me it really felt like Whithouse was just left with the end of a "three parter", surely it would have helped if Moffat was a co writer? Then maybe we'd have had some sort of fleshed out villain or even a more satisfying conclusion to a story I've already invested an hour and a half in!

I can't imagine gatiss pulling out a good episode and the trailer for it honestly was one of the worst I've seen. Eaters of light had potential but I'm not sure, what do we even know about that episode?

And then the final two parts I expect Moffat to write a grand first episode and then fuck it all up with part 2, a 5 minute trailer bait cameo from Simm and poorly done classic cybermen.

*sigh*
>>
>>83595085
Heaven Sent
Listen
Mummy
Flatline
Extremis

Runners Up:
Last Christmas
TMA/TWF
Husbands
>>
>>83595132
>surely it would have helped if Moffat was a co writer?
he was though?
>>
German Titles for Doctor Who stories are quite good -

Full Circle = The Closed Circle
Arc of Infinity = The Connection
Timelash = The Amulet
Meglos = Meglos
Battlefield = Excalibur's Legacy
Paradise Towers = The Curse of Kroagnon
Curse of Fenric = The Death Bay of the Vikings
>>
>>83595161
Not for Lie of the Land.
>>
The clockwork droids are basically just cybermen but done in reverse.
>>
>>83595161
moff's mum had just died, he was a little out of it
>>
>>83595085
1. Heaven Sent
2. Extremis
3. Listen
4. TMA/TWF
5. Flatline
>>
File: 1491703554865.jpg (266KB, 626x742px) Image search: [Google]
1491703554865.jpg
266KB, 626x742px
>>83595085
Not in any order but I think
>Flatline
>Face the Raven
>Heaven Sent
>Thin Ice
>Extremis
are all pretty solid.

Husbands is also actually great. The best Christmas special, in my opinion, and I don't even like River. I wish Capaldi had more fun episodes.
>>
>>83595132
Whithouse let me down with the later seasons of Being Human.
>>
>>83595085
1. Heaven Sent
2. Mummy on the Orient Express
3. The Pilot
4. Robot of Sherwood (unironically)
5. Dark Water

r8 / ask / fight
>>
>>83595085
For me it has to be,
1. Mummy
2. Heaven Sent
3. The Husbands of River Song
4. Extremis
5. Oxygen

When I actually think about it, it's really hard to think of "great" capaldi episodes, I find a lot of them are either dire or just out right forgettable which is a shame when I love Capaldi...
>>
>>83595185
And considering that the ending of Lie of the Land involves Bill using the memory of her dead mom to stop the Monks, I think Moff wasn't in the right emotional place to change that.
>>
why do people say capaldi was wasted when he has more good episodes than tennant and smith? like go on wikipedia and look at the tennant and smiths episodes most of them are pretty mediocre or shitty. capaldi has had tons of classics every series.
>>
>>83595241
Wow, I didn't think of that. I guess that was Whithouse's revenge for not getting the Showrunner gig.
>>
File: Captain Jack.png (183KB, 293x277px) Image search: [Google]
Captain Jack.png
183KB, 293x277px
>3.01 million overnight
>>
File: shittyexelaboutsettings-modern.jpg (443KB, 1872x618px) Image search: [Google]
shittyexelaboutsettings-modern.jpg
443KB, 1872x618px
So a thread back there was some discussion about story setting stuff?
RTD indeed loved earthbound stuff more than Moff. Present day Earth stuff especially.
>>
>>83595242
>tons
Name them.
>>
>>83595125
mysterio was comfy fun desu
>>
File: gareth.jpg (540KB, 2234x1487px) Image search: [Google]
gareth.jpg
540KB, 2234x1487px
>>83595130
I'm not even that right-wing desu
I find Gareth's ideas on immigrants very disagreeable, for example
>>
>>83595241
I can see that and understand Moffat was in a bad place.
It just felt that Whitehouse was given a bare minimum "there's these scary monks that have a pryamid and have controlled the earth forever! Don't worry about fleshing the monks out, me and Harness have got two episodes for that!"
"Oh and missy is in a vault under a university!"
"Oh and the doctor is evil but not evil and we need him to fake regenerate for the trailer"
"Oh and you've now got Nardole because Matt Lucas wants to be in all series"
>>
RTD used Earth a lot because it helped the budget. He worked within the confines of what they could realistically achieve. Moffat, meanwhile, wants to visit about 4 different planets and timezones per episode in a bid to be epic, which is nice ambition but not when the budget doesn't cut it.
>>
>>83595242
I know it's either bait or just ignoring that people usually have different taste

But for me most of Tennant episodes (even if they are 'shitty' like love and monsters or whatever) are full of energy and are never forgettable, because character developement and consequences exist, and they pass from episode to episode. That makes you care, that gives energy even though some stories may feel weaker than the others.

It's more difficult with Smith, but I just love to think that Series 5 is great, and the rest is not very great.
>>
>>83595242
>capaldi has had tons of classics every series.
Strongly disagree with this.

But the answer to your question is: Because Capaldi had far more potential than Tennant and Smith.
>>
>>83595085
Heaven Sent
Listen
The Magician's Apprentice/The Witch's' Familiar
Deep Breath
The Husbands of River Song

Honourable mentions to the lake two parter and Dark Water.
>>
>>83595316
>time heist
>listen
>mummy
>flatline
>dark water
>last christmas

>tma/twf
>under the lake/before the flood
>face the raven
>heaven sent
hell bent
>husbands
>mysterio
>pilot
>extremis
>oxygen
>>
>>83583375
>Extremis deserved a far better followup than "doctor incorrectly deals with sterilizing super bacteria then gets stumped by a combination lock".
>Also weren't they talking on fucking smartphones? Why didn't they just make the call into a video call? Did they break the camera on the damn thing?

My head canon is that is exactly what the Doctor did when he re-set the sonic shades for 'blind Doctor'. A couple of extra lines in the script would easily have resolved this particular plot hole.

>Bill: "Doctor! Send me a photo of the lock, I can then help you set the numbers"

>Doctor: "I can't, Bill. I re-set the camera to give me some limited vision. You'll only be able to see what I can see."

>Bill: "Oh shi--"
>>
>>83595242
I think Smiths era had even more forgettable episodes. My family are casuals but if I mention "the gas mask episode" or "the one with the cat nuns" they'd be like "oh yeah!"

But mention "that one with capaldi meetong Davros and all the old daleks!" Or "the one where Matt smith had to face weeping angels in manhatten" and they'd be like "nope, doesn't really sound familiar.

With all RTDs faults not regarding the shittest or best episodes most would still be remembered. Not sure about some of Moffats terrible episodes or even his mediocre ones
>>
Where did all this praise for Deep Breath come from?
>>
>>83594893
Pearl's big black ass.

http://www.strawpoll.me/13117290
>>
>>83595499
I know, I'm surprised and I'm someone who has been called it GOAT since it aired. It's one of my favourite NuWho episodes but I've rarely seen it get praise here.
>>
>>83595499
No idea.
At the time I thought I was the only one who disliked it.

First part of the episode is just a slapstick humour mixed with Clara, it was just pointless and never led to anything, also CGI dinosaur sucked.
Second part is alright, and dare I say last 20 minutes or so were kino, but overall this opener really felt weird to me.
>>
>>83595503
gross
>>
Someone post some hot images of New who companions, sick off work and home alone while the girlfriend works, and need something to keep me going.
>>
File: basednardie.png (81KB, 351x230px) Image search: [Google]
basednardie.png
81KB, 351x230px
>>83595578
>>
>>83595555
The QuadGod demand it so. Pearl's Big Black Arse is now decreed "gross".

>>83595578

/a/1lxJG
>>
>>83595499
yeah i don't understand
its one of the weaker capaldi episodes
>>
IT'S ME
>>
>>83595499
I liked it on first viewing then kinda thought it was just passable with time. Recently I remembered how good it was.
>>
"Hello, I'm Kris Marshall, and I play the Doctor".
>>
Hell Bent was characterkino. Prove me wrong. People were just mad we didn't get a big fanfiction "gallifrey civil war" wank fest.
>>
>>83595660
NARDY
>>
>>83595714
I __agree
>>
File: 1495766159957.jpg (249KB, 800x1420px) Image search: [Google]
1495766159957.jpg
249KB, 800x1420px
>>83595704
>>
>>83595499
Series 8 is solid as fuck. Except Moon and Forest everything else is good or GOAT.

Deep Breath: 8/10
Into the Dalek: 7/10
Robot of Sherwood: 6/10
Listen: 9/10
Time Heist: 7/10
The Caretaker: 6/10
Kill the Moon: 4/10
Mummy on the Orient Express: 9/10
Flatline: 8/10
In the Forest of the Night: 3/10
Dark Water: 8/10
Death in Heaven: 6/10

Really don't know why people discard Series 8 so much.
>>
>>83595714
It ruined everything last two series tried to establish for me.
- Clara going too far and paying for it at the end
- Gallifrey having any value

Overall there were a lot of things I disliked, like shitty end of the universe scene, Rassilon being treated like shit etc. etc.
>>
Nardy best companion of NewWho.
>>
File: dr who no colour.jpg (153KB, 1411x1037px) Image search: [Google]
dr who no colour.jpg
153KB, 1411x1037px
>>83595085
No particular order
>Flatline
>TWA/TWF
>Into the Dalek
>Heaven Sent
>Under the Lake/Before the Flood

I also thought Time Heist was really good. I really liked some of the stuff in Hell Bent but overall it was dragged down by more Clara and Me wanking ("what if le tardis... WAS STUCK AS LE AMERICAN DINER? XP"), and Extremis was pretty kino but I can't bring myself to clal it a favourite because of how shit the Monk trilogy was overall.

Honourable shout out to the Zygon Invasion/Inversion for being such hamfisted analogies for Islamic extremism that I found them really, really amusing.
>>
>>83595759
I don't know of anyone who discards S8
I haven't rewatched S8 since it aired so my memory of all but the exceptional episodes that stood out is kind of foggy
>>
File: MOFF.jpg (15KB, 214x317px) Image search: [Google]
MOFF.jpg
15KB, 214x317px
>Well, I don't know for sure whether Pearl Mackie will be in the Christmas special but I doubt she will. Since she said that we'll have to wait and see what happens with Bill in Series Ten, I have a feeling Bill won't be around for the events in the Christmas special.

>I know for a fact that some very shocking things happen to Bill in World Enough and Time. These are things that are typically irreversible, though you never know with Doctor Who. Bill will limp along to appear in The Doctor Falls, I assume. I don't know how World Enough and Time ends and I don't know what happens in The Doctor Falls so I don't know Bill's ultimate fate, but it doesn't look good.

BASED MOFFAT

PEARL MACKIE BTFO
>>
>>83595782
>- Clara going too far and paying for it at the end
getting a tardis was a better ending imo. i didnt like the message of ftr.

>- Gallifrey having any value
wot?
>>
>>83595759
Because people let their hateboners for Moffat get the better of them. Just like when people were enraged at RTD. When we're in the middle of the Chibnall era and Who fans start looking at him like he's Satan, then people will start appreciating the Capaldi seasons.
>>
world enough and time looks fucking GOAT
better than heaven sent
screencap this
>>
File: cybermen.jpg (50KB, 615x407px) Image search: [Google]
cybermen.jpg
50KB, 615x407px
>>83595759
Dark Water and Death in Heaven were absolute shit though.

The Nethersphere was actually a good idea despite the 'foreshadowing' attempts being really fucking clumsy. Admittedly I'm really butthurt because Cybermen are my favourite Who enemy but that two-parter completely fucked them over. I wish New Who would stop trying to do "new" shit with the Cybermen because it's almost always fucking stupid.

also I don't like Missy

also
>cyberbrig
>>
>>83595861
This. After Series 6 people were constantly saying how bad Smith series were but now that were out of that era you see people saying it was good and better than what we have now. People just like to shit on whatever is currently airing. Everything is the "worst episode ever, worst series ever" etc
>>
>>83595875
Heaven Sent was a once in a career sort of thing, lots of factors had to come together to make it so GOAT. The idea of having an entire episode built around an actor, also when its possibly the best actor ever in the role, the music, the direction. It was a high concept show that gambled everything and for once it all paid off.
>>
>>83595921
yes but world enough and time will be better.
>>
>>83595916
Stop projecting. I fucking beg you, stop projecting. I absolutely loved series 5 on broadcast, and I like it now. Same goes for series 6a.
STOP PROJECTING.
>>
>>83595838
I hope she gets turned into a spooky mondas cibber. It would be the first proper death of a companion in new who. Amy/Rory don't count because they lived out their lives.
>>
File: hmm.jpg (87KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
87KB, 645x773px
>tfw you realise 1/4 of the season (25% or one quarter) of Series 10, Capaldi's last series, was spent on the Monk episodes.
>>
>>83595906
>completely fucked them over
Cyberbrig aside, I thought that story did some really interesting stuff with the Cybermen. They're portrayed as not just space monsters, but people we know and love given new life as zombies. And how our quest for life after death will only betray us.
>>
>>83595955
>After Series 6
>>
>>83595838
>typically irreversible
>Bill will limp
Bill confirmed for losing a leg
>>
Digits confirm Gatiss' episode will be GOAT.
>>
>>83595966
She's with Based Simm in Episode 11 so hopefully he BTFO's her.
>>
>>83595955
You are the one who is projecting it seems. That other anon was just talking about how much people overreact here, whereas you seem to be equating your opinion with everyone else's
>>
>>83596005
Isn't that ep12? I thought episode 11 was set entirely on the 400 mile long spaceship falling into a black hole
>>
File: 1493559381938.png (238KB, 633x850px) Image search: [Google]
1493559381938.png
238KB, 633x850px
>>83595969
IT'S NOT FAIR
>>
>>83596034
Episode 11, I think. She gets seperated from The Doctor and Missy somehow. It could be on the spaceship, though, but it was filmed outdoors.
>>
>>83595838
Who's saying this? I read it assuming it was Moffat but most of it seem to consist of "I don't know what happens in my own stories" when red that way.
>>
>>83595827
I discarded S8 until recently. I didn't really enjoy it at all on first watch and never went back to it until about a month ago. My internet died and all I had on my hard drive was S8. So I rewatched the whole thing and loved it. I don't know what I hated about it the first time
>>
>>83595875
Hype won't work on me anymore, not after the last two episodes.
>>
>>83596101
Girly Letters. As annoying as she is she's often pretty reliable.
>>
>Time dilation episode will have Bill age 80 or so years and she'll die off as an old biddy.
>>
>>83595969
It was good though, particularly Extremis.
>>
>>83596152
And then she reincarnates into a house?
>>
>>83596102
>I don't know what I hated about it the first time
probably the fact that it was different. People don't always react to change well, and S8 was not only a new doctor but a complete new direction for the show, focusing on character drama and an emotions-based arc rather than purely building up to the monster in the finale
>>
>>83596169
Extremis was the only good episode in the trilogy. The other two are unironically the worst of S10 so far.
>>
>>83596211
Nah all three were miles better than the wood episode or the emoji one.
>>
>>83594893
It went wrong after Tom Baker left, and it stopped being a lighthearted serial for 12 year olds about a charismatic goofball bouncing around the universe with some hot bit of earth ass he picked up, which we could conceivably assume sphe was banging, all while using only his British wit and charm to solve the universes puzzles

AND

became a property to rival marvel & dc franchises about a pathetic, sexless, emasculated superhero "protecting the earth" who needs a little girl to tell him what to do and can't solve anything without magical adobe after effects light bursts.

Fucking somebody fire Moffat already, for gods sake.
>>
>>83596211
lie of the land was good though
did you guys really think 12 was gonna be evil? that would have been completely ooc.
>>
>>83596265
Moffat didn't write the show in 1982, you nonce.
>>
>>83596270
>did you guys really think 12 was gonna be evil? that would have been completely ooc.
If this is bait, it's working really well on me.
>>
File: thicc.jpg (91KB, 391x1199px) Image search: [Google]
thicc.jpg
91KB, 391x1199px
We're up to episode 9.
Yet to see an actual villain that isn't either misunderstood, wood, capitalism, or saved by the power of love.
>>
>>83596270
The episode went to shit after the fakeout for reasons completely unrelated to the fact it was a fakeout
>>
>>83596349
>tfw it's come to the point where we're looking forward to gattis delivering a run of the mill campy episode
>tfw jules verne, bank holiday monday-type feel is actually going to be the saviour of S10
>>
>>83596333
no? 12 joining the monks would have been completely ooc.'

plus we already had evil 12 in hell bent.
>>
>>83596393
like shooting a time lord matters
>>
>>83596393
>plus we already had evil 12 in hell bent

He was desperate not evil
>>
>>83596270
>not a story where Bill snaps the Doctor back to his senses by shooting him, regenerating into 13. But 13 realizes that if they restore the timeline, they'll go back to being 12, but resolves to save what's left of humanity even if their incarnation won't exist in the corrected timeline
>>
>>83596206
Maybe you're right. I remember being excited for Capaldi despite Matt being my favourite and I did thoroughly enjoy his Doctor. I just don't know what it was about the stories. Other than the finale two parter there was nothing I really wanted to go back and see again
>>
If the gun of the gallifreyan president's guard only has one setting, why was that setting "regenerate" and not "kill, disabling regeneration"?
>>
>>83596417
>shooting the general
>taking clara out of the time stream
>trying to wipe her memory
>>
>>83595578
>>
>>83596461
kino
>>
>>83596455
>wanting to make sure your friend escape from harms' way at any cost is considered evil
>>
>>83596393
No shit. Nobody thought that the episode was going to have 12 willingly siding with the monks, we expected some explanation for it. Do you know what's also super out of character? The Doctor aiding a fascist regime for 6 months and actively encouraging the death and suffering of innocent people rather than try to save them.
>>
>>83596486
>shooting someone and messing up the web of time for selfish reasons isn't considered evil
>>
>>83596486
go to bed rtd

>The Doctor aiding a fascist regime for 6 months and actively encouraging the death and suffering of innocent people rather than try to save them.

that never happened though
>>
>>83596486
Forcibly wiping her mind is definitely immoral, yeah.
>>
>>83596534
>go to bed rtd
What's RTD got to do with anything?

>that never happened though
Did we watch different episodes? What do you think happened
>>
Post YFW Gallifrey is Earth in the future
>>
File: missy regen.png (475KB, 324x528px) Image search: [Google]
missy regen.png
475KB, 324x528px
>Missy is supposedly trying to be good.

>Bill is good, but a little racist.

>Bill has a "Memory box" relating to her mother.

>Bill's mobile phone ringtone is the same as the Master's drumbeat.

>Bill's mother is no longer alive.

Put together all these point to Missy regenerating at some point into... Bill's Mum.
Then she comes to the conclusion that the only way to be "good" and become properly friends with the doctor is to become human. She regenerates again into... Bill.
She then uses her pocket watch to become human as she was as Prof Yana and puts the watch in the memory box. As she is using the pocket watch her memories would all be false so the doctor wouldn't know she was really a human and she would think her previous regen was her mother. This is also how she is able to survive the monk mind thing without turning into a vegetable.

Further evidence is the fact that Bill's "mother" was in the Day of the Doctor as an "un-named" Time Lord. In light of this the un-named Time Lord was probably the Master/Missy and is evidence of the Moff's epic foreshadowing.
>>
File: dancing cybermen.png (404KB, 500x355px) Image search: [Google]
dancing cybermen.png
404KB, 500x355px
>>83595971
It does sound good when you put it like that, but it definitely could have been handled better. The idea of loved ones becoming Cybermen is a good one, and one that's been crucial to the Cybermen since their introduction ("you will be like us"), and the idea of recently deceased loved ones coming back as Cybermen is horrifying so it did work for Danny - but the 'all dead people ever are going to become Cybermen' plot the episode hinged on was straight retarded in my opinion. Again, it works for the recently deceased like Danny, a fresh body to be converted (putting aside the question of why some random, apparently completely normal morgue somewhere was capable of converting him), and the idea of 3W tricking people into donating their bodies for conversion was good. But corpses that are hundreds of years old are still in a good enough state to be turned into Cybermen?

There was also more nanotech bullshit that plagues not just Dr Who (in Doctor Who though there's shit like "oh nanobots will turn you into a Cyberman if you get touched even once!!" and "oh nanobots in the atmosphere will turn you into a Dalek if you stay here too long!!") but sci-fi in general at the moment.

I was autistically disappointed when what I'd assumed to be a Cyber Tomb in the trailers was only sort of one, and thought it was dumb how apparently the only thing inside of the Cybermen was a human skeleton (probably with a brain) instead of a bunch of organs mixed with the techno stuff.

It was also a pretty shitty reintroduction for the Master. There was too much focus on Missy for it to be a good Cyberman episode but too much focus on the Cybermen for it to be a good Master episode. It also tremendously fucked up with not explaining how or why the two had teamed up and not even showing any sort of Cyberman leadership beyond Missy. I mean, a fucking device that controls all the Cybermen? They're not robots, that doesn't make any sense.

(autism rant cont)
>>
>>83596574
he wasn't aiding them
he was pretending
>>
>>83596265
This. Doctor Who is the one show that could be a decent sci-fi serial, like twilight zone, but with the benefit of being built around a central character able to wander in and out of anywhere at any time. That very open but centralized minimal foundational structure, means Who could be a very unique and excellent show compared to the rest of sci-fi drek. They could very easily set it up the way sci fi rags worked, where anyone on the open market of sci fi writers can write an episode, submit it, the producers pick out promising stories, and only one or two staff writers define and write for the character of the doctor to hone his dialogue and keep him consistent throughout the series. This keeps the fresh ideas incoming, and the inconsistencies in the situations and environments match the random nature of the doctor popping in and out all over the universe at different times.

It's potential is awesome. Handing it to Moffat who turned it into his personal superhero pet project has produced little of lasting value.
>>
File: 1495976733358.jpg (87KB, 473x481px) Image search: [Google]
1495976733358.jpg
87KB, 473x481px
>>83596592
>>
>>83596317
Did I say it happened overnight?
>>
>>83596592
Delete this.
>>
>>83596607
He was pretending to do it genuinely
That doesn't change the fact he was still doing it while not really meaning it
>>
>>83596607
I know he was only "pretending" to be on their side. He still spent 6 months allowing them to dominate the world and making broadcasts influencing citizens to turn each other in for executions and labour camps.

So if I punched you in the face but secretly I didn't want to and was only pretending, would that hurt less?
>>
>>83596705
>>83596707
HE WASNT AIDING THEM. HE WAS SPENDING THE 6 MONTHS TRYING TO COME UP WITH A WAY TO STOP THEM. HE WAS PRETENDING SO THEY DID'NT KILL HIM. FUCKING RETARDS ON /WHO/ LATELY. YES I AM MAD.
>>
What if we are just stupid to understand what the Monks' goal was?
It wasn't dominating people, it was having fun watching them do stuff under their control.
>>
Episode 11 spoilers:

Spaceship around a black hole belongs to the last survivors of the mondasian race having escaped their dying planet. The ship is suffering time dialation. One end hours pass, the other end, centuries. The Doctor at the front of a spaceship meeting desperate scientists trying to survive, with Bill, Nardole and Missy on the other end with Cybermen, having succumb to centuries of suffering and societal upheaval.
>>
>>83596732
By filming videos that were broadcast to the masses to encourage people to hand over friends and family members for thought crimes, he was implicit in murder. It doesn't matter if he was plotting behind the scenes, he still did those broadcasts which resulted in people dying.
>>
>>83596534
huh, never thought of that.

Add it to the list of plotholes/questions
>>
>>83596732
>HE WASNT AIDING THEM
He literally was though. Like you're objectively wrong. He wasn't sincere, but he helped the Monks for 6 months as part of his act.

His masterplan was clearly worth the countless deaths and suffering though, because he got to trick his friend into shooting him and then blow his carefully maintained cover by crashing the ship. Brilliant strategy and definitely in-character.
>>
>>83596592

The End of the World kind of disproves this theory.
>>
File: LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD.jpg (40KB, 703x540px) Image search: [Google]
LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD.jpg
40KB, 703x540px
>>83595971
>>83596604
(cont)
Missy should've made an army of zombie cyborgs or should have been doing some really nefarious shit with the dead people's AIs, but Cybermen honestly didn't feel like the right fit for the story.

I also thought it was a really shitty fairwell for Danny, because it seems like the whole of Series 8 they were trying to make a point of his days in the army being in the past: he's not ashamed of it, he'll talk and sometimes joke about it, but it doesn't define who he is as a person and the Doctor came across as narrow minded for judging him entirely on the time he'd spent in the military rather than judging him on his personality. But then he goes out in what I thought was a really cheesy 'military fuck yeah' kind of way.

I feel like almost every time the Cybermen have appeared in New Who, they really haven't been done justice. Closing Time and Nightmare in Silver have probably been my favourite Cyber stories but even then there was stuff that didn't sit right (another power of love ending and the 'constantly upgrading' thing). I just pray that there's going to be a good story behind the new old Cybermen this series and that they're not just going to be some nostalgic stage prop.
>>
>>83596455
>>shooting the general
>old white guy becomes a young bald black woman who instantly bad mouths men
Wow! How progressive!
>>
I really hate the idea of the Doctor being world president. Even more so when he actually uses his power as World President, no-one actually listens to him. I mean, what's the point?

Can't the Doctor be someone who just drops by to help? He's not Jesus and he's not leader of the free world either. He's not even from Earth. Look at the fuss that people kicked up because they thought Obama wasn't American. They're not going to let the leader of the Earth not be from Earth.
>>
Series 10 isn't going to be canon anyway. You'll be able to watch Mysterio and the 2017 Christmas special back to back without missing anything. Screen cap this.
>>
>>83596892
>he forgets the line directly afterwards of The General saying "that was the first time I've been a white man"
>>
>>83596940
nardole dies in the finale m8
>>
>>83596898
That's literally the idea behind my Benefactors script but people said it was shitty.
>>
File: RAKHEE-THAKRAR-428765.jpg (65KB, 590x654px) Image search: [Google]
RAKHEE-THAKRAR-428765.jpg
65KB, 590x654px
New companion announced:
>Rakhee Thakrar
Thought this might be relevant to your interests /who/

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-06-05/eastenders-star-rakhee-thakrar-announced-as-doctor-whos-new-companion-in-paul-mcgann-audio-play
>>
File: 1496640522106.jpg (53KB, 478x318px) Image search: [Google]
1496640522106.jpg
53KB, 478x318px
>>83596940
>implying anything is canon
>>
>>83597009
>Rakhee Thakrar
This is an actual name people on Earth have? It sounds like the name of a fucking race out of Doctor Who.
>>
Time War Paki

Immigration and reugee satire

Not written by Gareth
>>
>>83595173
Meanwhile, in France :
City of Death : Paris is gonna Die !
Revenge of the cybermen : Revenge of the Cybernators
Partners in Crime : Donna Noble is Back
The End of Time : The Christmas prophecy
>>
>>83597027
>what is India
>>
>>83596898
It's because NuWho is obsessed with the idea of the Doctor being some sort of intergalactic deity. It makes no sense. The whole point of the show is that he's a rebellious runaway - a failure on his own world, basically a dropout, not a god.
>>
>implying doctor who is canon
>>
>>83595714
>Prove me wrong.
Ok.

The first half is horribly rushed, with the Doctor taking over Gallifrey in five minutes flat, the sisterhood of Karn has no business being in it but they're there anyway, the hybrid prophecy which had been built up for the whole series doesn't lead to anything, as the episode would have worked perfectly well without any mention of the hybrid, Ashildr has no business being in it but she's there anyway, the much-vaunted "characterkino" is reduced to a couple of Doctor-Ashildr and Doctor-Clara dialogues which aren't even that great, and we don't even get to see the Doctor choose between himself and Clara because of the nonsensical memory wipe device gimmick.

You're trying to make it sound as if people dislike Hell Bent because it's a character-heavy episode rather than a "Gallifrey wankfest" but the truth is that it fails because it tries to be both and can't manage either. It should be an episode all about the Doctor and Clara, but there are Ohila and Rassilon and tons of other shit which ends up being underused or just completely pointless, and so people who would have liked to see more of the Gallifrey elements are left more disappointed than if they hadn't been in the episode in the first place. Meanwhile, the character stuff is pushed to the second half of the episode, and resolved with a gimmick rather than a true moral choice. The secon half is also saddled with resolving the two series arcs, Ashildr and the Hybrid, which just make it even messier as Moffat tries desperately to tie everything together.

A whole episode focusing on the Doctor and Clara would have been great. This is anything but focused. It's a bloody mess of characters, plots and ideas which almost manages to make Journey's End look coherent and restrained by comparison.
>>
>>83597023
Thanks for stealing this pic from Wanderer who stole it from me in the first place. Cuck.
>>
>>83597047
Pourquoi tu mens Revenge of the Cybermen a pas été traduit.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MExPjyXTrBk
>>
>>83596763
Fuck me I hope this is the case. I've been waiting forever and ever to see an episode about the desperation that drives people to willingly become Cybermen.
>>
>>83597131
No problem. It's a nice pic, you must be proud
>>
That's pretty minor, but there's something that triggers me: practically every episode resolution involves "Am I good man" theme which is truly amazing and beyond epic, but literally every resolution so far is either rushed nonsense or just a mess, but epic music is still playing over them, which really puts me off.
>>
>>83597131
I just stole it right now to spite you tbqh desu
>>
File: the-masters.jpg (27KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
the-masters.jpg
27KB, 600x300px
>>83596598
>>83596940
>>83596971

Bill revealed as the Master in the finale, kills Nardole
>>
Reminder that last week the BBC had a 'change of schedule' and re-aired a Kris Marshall Death in Paradise episode on a prime time Sunday night TV slot

As if they're wanting people to get accustomed
>>
45 minutes of unengaging gibbering nonsense.

I thought Extremis (3/10) was weak and disappointing off the back of a very good first 5 episodes, landing us right back in "full fat Moffat" where nothing we saw had actually happened.

Then Pyramid at the End of the World (6/10) came along and had a surprisingly decent pace for something with so little actual incident. It was wafer thin but vaguely enjoyable.

Last night I almost switched off. Tonally jarring, the monks have their third completely different set of powers in as many weeks, and it's all resolved by Bill's love for her imaginary mother. The regeneration fakeout on which half the series' publicity has been hung turned out to be a facile piece of nonsense. Worse still, after 6 months of subjugation by an alien species, humanity just thinks it was "something for the telly".

I liked most of the performances but what they were performing was utter pish.

2/10.
>>
File: 1490460875660.jpg (62KB, 735x551px) Image search: [Google]
1490460875660.jpg
62KB, 735x551px
>>83597069
I've heard Indian names before but
>Rakhee Thakrar
is on a whole fucking new level compared to Pajeet or something.

>>83597086
The Hybrid/Me was probably the worst overarching story of New Who so far. Maisie was a fucking mistake.
>Doctor makes a point of telling her she's not invincible in the Woman Who Lived
>Somehow survives a trillion years worth of doomsday scenarios and space wars and exists to the very end of the universe
>>
>>83597320
>utter pish
kek you british always make me laugh
>>
>>83597207
Trying to make us doubt 50-years-old character is a fool's errand
Trying to make us doubt if maverick hero is a good man is also a fool errand, because realistically, he would not be, but the show relies on pretending he is
Moffat sucks
>>
>>83597086
It wasn't rushed, Rassilon was the president, and people were sick of his bullshit. Moffat could have extended if he wanted to but that would have been boring.
>>
>>83597354
""am I a good man" theme" is referring to the piece of music, not a narrative concept
>>
>>83597361
Rassilon literally just shrugs and walks off. That doesn't chime with the portrayal Tim Dalton gave in Rassilon's last ep.
>>
>>83597399
good thing different regenerations can have different personalities then hey
>>
>>83597399
And Dalton wasn't a giant floating head.

>doctor who
>canon
>>
>>83597414
True. But what a shame Dalton regenerated into a pathetic weak old man.
>>
>>83597200
No, I stole it from a Chinese Twitter fan account desu.
>>
File: ratings.png (117KB, 633x952px) Image search: [Google]
ratings.png
117KB, 633x952px
Pic related. Thoughts?

Also -___literally___- every single drama has higher AI than Doctor Who.
>>
>>83597423
Dalton's Rassilon had been resurrected to fight in the Time War. He'd been in power for a while when we saw him in 2009; he was a bitter, angry, powerful man. You may call it inconsistent, but I call it developing on a character, beefing him up. He is Rassilon after all. But then Hell Bent literally tosses him aside, as if the writer can't be arsed dealing with him.
>>
>>83597361
So the Doctor takes over a whole planet in the first 10 minutes of an episode and you don't think it's a tad too fast?
>>
>>83597170
Je suis sûr qu'il fait partie des épisodes de Tom traduits à l'époque. Ou en tout cas, il était proche de la saison traduite et le terme cybernator est utilisé dans la VF des classics, ce qui m'a peut-être fait confondre.
>>
>>83597479
Where/what are the AI scores for those?

>>83597521
More to the point, he took over a whole planet in 2 scenes. Cos when he first arrived on Gallifrey he spent about 5 minutes just silently wandering about with the villagers.
>>
>S11 films in November

anyone else find it strange that we'll see the new Doctor/companion, costume, and possibly TARDIS in just a few months?

Capaldi still feels like the 'new' doctor
>>
>>83594893
guys, did we meme magic Rakhee Thakrar as the new companion?
>>
>>83597521
people were on his side
plus the general already met him in dotd and trusted him
of course 12 betrayed that though by killing him, the general will probably put him in time lord jail if he ever sees him again.
>>
TV:
The Halcyon: 81, 84, 85, 85, 86, 86, 87, 88
The Good Karma Hospital: 84, 85, 86
Unforgotten: 87, 88, 88, 88, 89, 90
Vera: 89, 89, 87, 88
The Durrells: 85, 85, 85, 85, 87, 87
Home Fires: 88, 88, 88, 88, 89, 88

BBC One:
Sherlock: 84, 86, 83
Silent Witness: 85, 86, 87, 87, 87, 86, 87, 87, 85
Death In Paradise: 85, 85, 86, 86, 87, 87, 85
Apple Tree Yard: 79, 84, 87, 86
Call The Midwife: 89, 90, 89, 90, 89
The Moorside: 86, 87
Undercover: 82, 85, 85, 86, 87, 82
The Night Manager: 86, 88, 88, 89, 90, 92
And Then There Were None: 83, 86, 86
War And Peace: 82, 84, 86, 86, 87, 89

Happy Valley:
(2016): 88, 87, 87, 88, 89, 92
(2014): 85, 87, 90, 92, 92, 92

Line of Duty:
Series 1: 88, 89, 91, 90, 91
Series 2: 89, 90, 91, 92, 92, 90
Series 3: 88, 89, 89, 90, 92, 94

Call The Midwife:
Series 1: 86, 90, 91, 91, 91, 92, 90
Series 2: 91, 92, 91, 91, 92, 92, 92, 92, 87
Series 3: 90, 90, 90, 90, 90, 90, 90, 91, 88
Series 4: 89, 89, 89, 89, 89, 89, 89, 90, 88
Series 5: 89, 90, 89, 90, 89, 90, 89, 91, 88

Death In Paradise:
Series 1: 81, ??, 85, 87, 87, 86, ??, 88
Series 2: 87, 88, 88, 88, 89, 89, 90, 90
Series 3: 87, 86, 87, 87, 87, 86, 87, 88
Series 4: 86, 86, 86, 87, 85, 85, 85, 87
Series 5: 86, 86, 85, 85, 86, 86, 85, 87

Doctor Who struggles to get past 81-82 these days.
>>
>>83597562
None of the NuWho doctors stay long enough. Matt left too soon as well. Although I don't just Chibnall to write Capaldi so i'm kind of glad hes leaving.
>>
>>83597562
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTW5VGzV76k
>>
>>83597615
don't old people vote in the AI. AKA plebs.
>>
>>83597645
Yeah, this is just another retarded anon trying to pull an "END IS NIGH" act.
>>
>>83597636
>Finally, it's my go

:'(
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuZMXbkp5WM
>>
File: scooby this isnt weed.jpg (31KB, 640x470px) Image search: [Google]
scooby this isnt weed.jpg
31KB, 640x470px
>The Doctor ended the Time War by carrying out some forbidden, reality shaking technique that obliterated both the Daleks and Time Lords in a single instance, with the effect of time locking the War and scattering some (such as the Emperor Dalek) through time and space
>lol jk the Daleks just all fired their laser guns at Gallifrey but then the Doctor teleported it away and all the Dalek ships were positioned perfectly so that all the lasers hit the other Dalek ships and they all exploded!! and just every single dalek in the universe ever happened to be in oribt around gallifrey at that one moment i guess
>>
>>83597479
No one, including the networks themselves, cares about overnights. Live TV is dead as a model, except for sport and vote-in shows like BGT. This last Who episode was up against football, so its overnights are low, but 5-and-a-bit million caught up afterward on iPlayer, so it's basically the same as usual.
>>
>>83597592
I don't care if the people were on his side, he took down the ruling elite in 5 minutes. If it was that easy to kick out Rassilon, how the hell was he still in power?
>>
>>83597645
Unfortunately for you ''plebs'' make up the vast majority of DW's viewership
>>
>>83597712
>but 5-and-a-bit million caught up afterward on iPlayer
Except they didn't.
The Pilot 4.64m (O) 6.68m (C) tbc (L+7)
Smile 4.25m (O) 5.98m (C) tbc (L+7)
Thin Ice 3.76m (O) 5.61m (C) tbc (L+7)
Knock Knock 4.32m (O) 5.73m (C) tbc (L+7)
Oxygen 3.57m (O) 5.27m (C) tbc (L+7)
Extremis 4.16m (O) 5.53m (C) tbc (L+7)
The Pyramid at the End of the World 4.01m (O) tbc (C) tbc (L+7)
>>
>>83597712
this. the only thing that gets high ratings these days are cop dramas or reality tv garbage. basically everyone records episodes and watches them later now. or stuff like iplayer etc.
>>
>>83597753
Pyramid finals were confirmed today, around 5.something million, saw it earlier, cant be bothered to find it again though
>>
>>83597753
yes? they're all 5-6. plus we dont have the l+7 ratings that, those are what BBC uses.
>>
File: Larry-Pickering-Mohammed-pig.jpg (11KB, 327x275px) Image search: [Google]
Larry-Pickering-Mohammed-pig.jpg
11KB, 327x275px
>>83595130
>Unironically being ANTIFA

Go be a Mudslime collaborator somewhere else.
>>
>>83597784
So Pyramid's overnight was 4.01m and the consolidated was 5.something

That means just over a million caught up with Iplayer. Not that 5 million more on top of the original 4m watched.
>>
What was the point of the Time War?
>daleks and time lords obliterated, only one of each
>but lol the dalek emperor survived and so did the cult of skaro and so did the entire dalek race
>but lol the master too and also the doctor saved gallifrey and doesn't remember
Fucking pointless.
>>
>>83596349
THICC
>>
File: lmao.png (57KB, 831x330px) Image search: [Google]
lmao.png
57KB, 831x330px
LMAO
Even GB thinks its beyond saving now

Chibnall has to be fucking genius showrunner to fix things.
>>
>>83597805
Anon said 5 and a bit million caught up on iPlayer. But they didn't. The consolidated figure is the overnights + who watched in the week, so if overnight is 4m and consolidated is 5m, then only 1m extra people caught up in the week. Not an extra 5m.
>>
>>83597525
Possible, en vrai j'ai jamais vu les classics en VF mais je me rappelle du titre de City of Death. Jte baitais juste, sorry amigo.
>>
So is the present day of Doctor Who 6 months ahead now
>>
>>83597878
>citing GB
>citing a guy who has to put a reminder that he hates the Capaldi era on his signature
Are you trying to be retarded?
>>
>>83594893
>What the fuck happened?

Enjoy the actual status of cultural industry, shitlord :^)
>>
>>83597841
so? the ratings are pretty good for a 10 year old show. we don't even have the l+7 ratings yet which is what bbc uses.

what's with everyone on /who/ always wanting the show to be cancelled? the ratings of s10 dont even matter since s11 is already confirmed.
>>
>>83597845
RTD introduced it to be dramatic then used it to keep on doing REALLY BIG DRAMATIC FINALES!!!

Moffat has spent the last few years reverting it in order to restore the universe to an Old Who state where the Time Lords and Daleks can be brought in as the story demands without needing to come up with a new explanation each time.
>>
>>83597942
>hates
>generally finds current era to be a letdown

Are you trying to be retarded?
>>
File: Good night Anti White.png (608KB, 1089x1048px) Image search: [Google]
Good night Anti White.png
608KB, 1089x1048px
>>83595130
>>
>>83597831
Sorry Schlomo, I meant I love your country of Israel and banks are the best thing that happened to this world.
>>
File: filming_0511_hartlepool_0001.jpg (980KB, 2746x3000px) Image search: [Google]
filming_0511_hartlepool_0001.jpg
980KB, 2746x3000px
>ywn get under the bonnet
>>
>>83595132
Whithouse =/= Shithouse
>>
>>83598083
>actually having this autism saved
>>
So are we supposed to assume that St Pauls Cathedral has just been destroyed and that the human race doesn't give a shit about it cause 'they thought they were filming something'?

Lie of the Land literally a 1/10, I shit better stories
>>
>>83597986
>the ratings of s10 dont even matter since s11 is already confirmed.
But they should be better, given the promotion focused heavily on it being "all new!" etc.

Cos otherwise Chibnall's era will continue to coast along, or the figures will slowly just keep declining to the point where it sits at 2 or 3m per episode. Cos nobody in the UK cares about the show anymore.
>>
>och ah'd kill any ae these radge cunts fer a fuckin pint er seven
>>
>>83598170

A new Doctor always boosts the ratings. If Chibnall can get in an amazing first episode with an easy to understand story and something that attracts all viewers (like RTD) and doesn't constantly take breaks like Moffat did, then we're laughing.
>>
>>83598170
But according to that ratings chart posted earlier, it was the third most watched on Saturday.
>>
>>83598170
>figures will slowly just keep declining to the point where it sits at 2 or 3m per episode
It's been the case since Series 9.
>>
Moving Doctor Who around the timetable doesn't help.

It's at 7PM this week, it's at 6PM this week, now it's at 8PM. Oh, now there's a six month break.

Did anyone actually believe Moffat's "you're now never a few months away from more Doctor Who" when they announced the split in series 6 and 7? The BBC saying that there will be no Doctor Who in 2016 because there's so much good TV in 2016 is bullshit too. Moffat was too busy. If Moffat can't devote himself to Doctor Who as well as Sherlock, he should be asked to pick one.

I adore Moffat as a writer, but as a showrunner he's fucking terrible.
>>
>>83594968
Why do you associate not being racist with left wing politics. Left wing politics are mostly economic. As in socialist. I get that most left wingers are probably anti racist. But liberals are also anti racist and they are usually right wing pro free market dweebs
>>
>>83598217
Truly the worst companion.
>>
CURSED IMAGE DO NOT CLICK
>>
>>83595488
My family are casuals too. Mention "that one with Capaldi riding a tank while playing guitar rock", or "that one with the statue of liberty as a weeping angel", or "that one where the Doctor spends billions of years punching thru a diamond wall", they remember well enough.
>>
>>83598360
I stopped adoring him as a writer when the quality of his stories dropped as a result of the pressures of his showrunning.
>>
>>83597636
I miss him already lads.
He's so great in those big scenes, like the fake regen on this week.
>>
>>83598360
Moffat co-running both Sherlock and Who along with his ever changing production team has really hurt both of them

His ego certainly doesnt help either
>>
>>83595130
see >>83598128
>>
>>83598387
LOOK AT HIS LIPS
>>
File: Miles.jpg (13KB, 200x181px) Image search: [Google]
Miles.jpg
13KB, 200x181px
>>83598000
>RTD introduced
>>
File: 13.jpg (87KB, 564x846px) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
87KB, 564x846px
>>83595704
>>
File: 1489372000742.jpg (11KB, 192x182px) Image search: [Google]
1489372000742.jpg
11KB, 192x182px
>>83598670
RTD was the main writer for the Eccleston era, wasn't he?
>>
>>83598670
But Miles nicked the idea from Alan Moore.
>>
>>83598000
Writing Time Lords out was the best decision.
>>
File: fARTING Karen.png (1MB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
fARTING Karen.png
1MB, 1280x1440px
>>83598217
>>
>>83598713
my joke is that RTD nicked the idea from the books.
>>
>>83598799
Oh my bad, I've never really touched any Doctor Who media beyond the main show and TV spin offs.

>>83598768
How come?
>>
>>83598635
She's already got big lips, WTF does she try to make them look even bigger by plastering on lipstick outside her normal lip line?
>>
>>83598823
The entire planet of Doctor knock-offs is way too powerful so they had to be neutered into lethargy. But they still loom with their nonsensical creep. Plot development demystified it making them boring.

Time War made them dead people, lost and mythical for Doctor to brood over, but never to loom over the plot.
>>
>>83598577
>His ego certainly doesnt help either

Is this a meme? I've never met the bloke, so have no idea how big (or small) his ego is.
>>
>>83595085

1. Heaven Sent
2. Listen
3. The Girl Who Died/The Woman Who Lived
4. Dark Water
5. Mummy on the Orient Express

It was really hard to choose for me. Capaldi is my favorite doctor and I loved every episode except for Sleep No More in S9, but this is what I came up with.
>>
I'm trying to find a book I saw at the library many years ago.
All I can remember is that it had several TARDISes on the cover, maybe in a desert.

Do you know what it is?
>>
File: The Vault Opens.png (179KB, 236x355px) Image search: [Google]
The Vault Opens.png
179KB, 236x355px
>>83598688
>>
>>83598853
all the better to fuel my Billie Piper blowjob fantasies with.
>>
File: Nardy and 12.jpg (52KB, 500x348px) Image search: [Google]
Nardy and 12.jpg
52KB, 500x348px
Never thought I'd say this, but Nardy a GOAT, hope Chibs keeps him for s11.
>>
>>83598387
>>
File: PearlMackie_02-600x771.jpg (152KB, 600x771px) Image search: [Google]
PearlMackie_02-600x771.jpg
152KB, 600x771px
>>83599188
Who has wewer lips?
>>
>>83598943
There was nothing wrong with them OP, and being stuffy and possibly dickheads but generally an authority above The Doctor that he doesn't get on with. That kept him grounded which was interesting. They took it too far with 6 though obviously, 3/4's relationship with the Time Lords was best.
>>
>>83598238
>If Chibnall can get in an amazing first episode with an easy to understand story...

No. There is no need to dumb down Doctor Who just because thickos can't understand it if it has a decent plot rather than wall to wall explosions and running through corridors. I want something I can enjoy rather than something I can have playing in the background while I check my phone like a music video.

>doesn't constantly take breaks like Moffat did

I think this might be more the reason for ratings slipping rather than having a decent plot and being less panto.
>>
File: n49507.jpg (29KB, 302x475px) Image search: [Google]
n49507.jpg
29KB, 302x475px
>>83599115
found it
>>
>>83599385
there is no right answer except to fantasize about a double blowjob from both

unfortunately they both also have donkey teeth
>>
File: puddle.png (619KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
puddle.png
619KB, 800x450px
>>83599385

A new challenger appears
>>
>>83599714
it would be weird to kiss someone who was born without a chin
>>
>>83599533
A simpler story doesn't necessarily mean dumbing down. Eleventh Hour is ultimately a very simple story - alien criminal is hiding on earth, jailers want to burn it out - but it's executed well and there's enough intrigue to remain interesting.
>>
>>83600065
Eleventh Hour is pretty complex, when you add in the cracks of time and the timey wimey shit with Amelia Pond and The Doctor, him being her imaginary friend too. There is a lot going on there conceptually if you compare it to non-Moffat stories.
>>
>>83598365
This is no longer true. It hasn't been in some time, the few leftists who give a shit about economics have such a limited view of what socialism is,
>>
Anyone got some kinda chart that shows Moffat breaks?

Preferably with RTDs Series as a comparison
>>
>>83525120
Underappreciated post. The previous episode could've been solved with pussy licking.
>>
>>83600190
Well those aren't leftists then they're SJWs
>>
So how did Nardole survive the previous episode? We know that the monks were watching the lab where the TARDIS was, so they could've just camped there and killed him.
>>
>>83600529
The idea that you should be forced to give your money to the state to feed some jobless parasites and educated their worthless spawn is the same idea that says you should be forced to give your country and your culture so violent savages had a nice place to live. They are literally inseparable.

You can't have "Oh, some safety net would be nice, but foreign rape gangs is where I draw the line". You don't get to draw the line.
>>
>>83600662
>You can't have "Oh, some safety net would be nice, but foreign rape gangs is where I draw the line".
You have to be 18 to post here.
>>
File: nightmare fuel.jpg (15KB, 624x352px) Image search: [Google]
nightmare fuel.jpg
15KB, 624x352px
>mfw we are a cancer >>83599797
>>
Wouldn't it be cool if Monks actually managed to corrupt Doctor through his new eyes, and whole Take over the world show was just a red herring to get him into this lab?
>>
File: the moff.jpg (51KB, 638x359px) Image search: [Google]
the moff.jpg
51KB, 638x359px
>2007 Moffat: DUDE SCP LMAO
>2010 Moffat: DUDE THE RING LMAO
>2014 Moffat: DUDE INCEPTION LMAO
>2017 Moffat: DUDE THE MATRIX LMAO
>2017 Moffat: DUDE 1984 LMAO
>2006, 2008, 2010-present Moffat: DUDE THE TIME TRAVELLER'S WIFE LMAO

is this man the biggest hack in modern day television?
>>
>>83601607
Taking other people' ideas and upgrading/changing them isnt bad. The issue is that the result isnt that good.
>>
File: 1409636998111.jpg (41KB, 473x417px) Image search: [Google]
1409636998111.jpg
41KB, 473x417px
>mfw the new Ninth Doctor audios mention Tupperware
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkkVGPnXHSM

>the original story was the monks being advanced fighters belonging to some sort of badass cult and one of them takes out an entire swat team with a flail

Why didn't they just do this story instead?
>>
>>83601705
that's effort
>>
>>83601705
Would have look unbelievably naff on a BBC budget.
>>
>>83601536
That's been posted a half a dozen times over the past few weeks. It's a (You) harvesting scheme.
Like this one >>83597087, though I would be curious as to what muh fellow /who/res might look like.
>>
*Barfs in mouth*
Opps sorry, anyway, post yfw he's 13
>>
>>83600662
You're overblowing the idea if these rape gangs. They don't exist.
>>
File: we all change.png (408KB, 468x409px) Image search: [Google]
we all change.png
408KB, 468x409px
>>83601825
mfw
>>
>>83601705
Why would they? That sounds retarded.
>>
>>83601920
I will drop the show
>>
File: Doctor Who 2005.png (18KB, 729x650px) Image search: [Google]
Doctor Who 2005.png
18KB, 729x650px
I give you the wonderful schedule of Doctor Who since 2005
>>
THRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRILL.
>>
>>83601969
This version of arkanoid sucks, dude!
>>
File: HeadlessMonks.jpg (87KB, 1152x792px) Image search: [Google]
HeadlessMonks.jpg
87KB, 1152x792px
>>83601705
>>
>>83601969
Is there a version of this which also shows when spin-offs were on? Cos I'm sure Torchwood and SJA filled a decent amount of time when Who was off air.
>>
>>83602046
Holy shit I just realised

Monks and headless monks.
Red hoods.
HAHA WHAT AN ORIGINAL DESIGN
>>
>>83602085
I could probably make one, just made this on the fly
>>
File: kris1.png (182KB, 327x226px) Image search: [Google]
kris1.png
182KB, 327x226px
Am i...ginger?
>>
File: PlumpRump17of86.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
PlumpRump17of86.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>83595503
My nigra
>>
Guys is Bill gay?
>>
Just realized Capaldi's finale costume is the long black coat with blue lining, a waistcoat, and a white shirt, meaning Kris Marshall won't appear in the whoodie costume at the end.
>>
>>83602428
I see two errors in this statement
>>
>>83601969
>>83602085
There are some overlaps, which I didn't bother to mark clearly - this just shows how much Doctor Who, SJA and Torchwood were on. (SJA in pink, Torchwood in orange.)

I didn't realise Torchwood S1 ended on 1st January 2007 (both finale episodes aired together), right after the pilot of SJA aired that very same evening.
>>
File: whochart.png (9KB, 729x650px) Image search: [Google]
whochart.png
9KB, 729x650px
>>83602484
Forgot to attach the damn thing. OOPS.
>>
>>83594893
>>83594968
weirdly after several episodes of progressivism they come out with an anti-communist story. they're all over the place
>>
>>83602448
Well, I mean, he doesn't know kris marshall is the doctor as much as YOU know he isn't.
>>
>>83602719
um try again sweetie
>>
>>83602561
>an anti-communist story
Are we watching the same show? Lie of the Land has nothing to do with communism.
>>
Why does Moffat hate Trump if Moffat *IS* Trump?

They are both fat, egotistical idiots who can't write for shit and are ruining the respective things that they are in charge of
>>
>>83603058
tbf at least with doctor who there was something of value to ruin
>>
>>83602484
>not counting K9 and Class
>>
>>83602919
>memory police
explicitly orwellian
>>
>>83603100
Why would anyone want to count those pieces of shit?
>>
>>83603111
>all fascists are communists.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYJ9gDE22Pk
>>
File: free shrugs.png (450KB, 449x642px) Image search: [Google]
free shrugs.png
450KB, 449x642px
>>83603124
Because they were spinoffs.
>>
>>83603168
K9 is not canon
>>
>>83603111
that concept was totally stolen from 1984 yes, but there is absolutely nothing in the episode to suggest the monks' political leanings/ system (or anything about their motives at all really, because it was a poorly written piece of shit)

the society we were presented with was totalitarian but that's all we know
>>
>>83603147
I didn't say that
>>83603211
fair point
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zaNq-GUxIc
>>
File: Who stuff.png (23KB, 744x686px) Image search: [Google]
Who stuff.png
23KB, 744x686px
>>83602520
Made an update, including Class and showing overlaps
>>
What was the monks' ultimate goal? Why did the Doctor fake a regeneration if Bill doesn't know about regeneration? Does the Doctor now have the ability to emit regeneration energy? If he's going to go around wasting regeneration energy why didn't he just fix his eyes? How did the monks fix the Doctor's eyes? Why did the monks try to team up with the Doctor instead of killing him? Why didn't the monks remove the Doctor's sight as revenge for betraying them? Why did the Doctor's plan require six months of preparation? How did he "deprogram" the guards? If the monks could pluck a submarine out of the sea then why couldn't they stop the ship the Doctor was on? How did Bill link minds with the monk? Why didn't they just shoot that monk like they did the others? Why did the monks move the pyramid? Why were they even using a pyramid? Why was no one guarding the outside of the pyramid? Why did they keep their ship on Earth and not in space? Why was Missy the other "last Time Lord" if Time Lords are back as of last season? How did the simulation ultimately tie into the monk's plans? Was there a reason they left the Veritas in the simulation? Why did everyone who read the Veritas kill themselves without fail? How could the simulation accurately predict everything up to the virus outbreak but nothing after? Why did the monks need consent if they were just going to brainwash everyone? If they desperately needed a human link, why did it have to be someone in a position of authority? Why did they make no attempt to keep track of the link once they implemented their dystopia? The memory changing signal didn't work on Time Lords, was it focused on humans? What about all the zygon immigrants? Why did the monks make everyone wear blue overalls? When they say the human race had become slaves, what were they enslaved to do? If the monks erased themselves from everyone's minds, what happens to the family members of the people sent to labour camps?
>>
>>83603405

What about all of the video footage that was taken in that time? What about the massive square of land in the middle of London that was wiped out for the pyramid? Did no one remember the people that were killed during this 6 months? If all the monks wanted was a race to revere them and somewhere comfy to live, why didn't they just create an ideal comfy world in their super advanced simulation and rule over that? Or why not just use their powers to predict the future, disarm weapons and cure the sick to actually help the humans instead of just pretending to do so?
>>
>>83603330
Jesus christ its been barren since 2011
>>
>>83603524
Just like Amy Pond kek
>>
>>83603330
>when you realise 2013, the anniversary fucking year, would be emptier if they'd aired the second half of Series 7 in 2012 along with its first half
>>
>>83603330
Wonder if one if the reasons the ratings have gone down is the lack of content
>>
If the name "The Doctor" stemmed from Ian assuming that was what the Doctor was called in "An Unearthly Child" (cause of the Doctor Foreman thing), why does he respond to Clara calling him "Doctor" in the flashback in Name?
>>
>To be perfectly honest, at this time Christopher Eccleston hasn't taken up our invitation to come and re-create the Ninth Doctor. He's certainly not closed the door on it forever, but he's passing on it for now.
This is what Briggs said.
I want to believe, full cast Ninth Doctor audios written by Hall and Shearman by 2025. This will save Big Finish.
>>83603755
>If the name "The Doctor" stemmed from Ian assuming that was what the Doctor was called in "An Unearthly Child" (cause of the Doctor Foreman thing), why does he respond to Clara calling him "Doctor" in the flashback in Name?
Because the first thing you said is not true.
>>
>>83603895
>Because the first thing you said is not true.
Except it is. He takes on the name 'the Doctor' early in the series, as opposed to being 'the Doctor' from before AUC happened.
>>
>>83603895
First ever use of the title "Doctor":

IAN: Just open the doors, Doctor Foreman.
DOCTOR: Eh? Doctor who? What's he talking about?

Try again sweetie
>>
Pokemon direct tomorrow and I won't even be home

hold me /who/
>>
>>83603405
>>83603439

Yeh these episodes sucked
>>
>>83604017
Use your cellphone.
It'll be my longest work day in months and I'm frustrated too, you have my sympathies
>>
>>83603935
>>83603948
Nope. In that scene, Ian calls him Foreman because Susan uses that surname, but he doesn't use it. That's what he reacts to. When they call him just "Doctor", he isn't surprised. He's used to that.
Not to mention the other in-universe evidence like the Time Lords in The War Games referrring to him as "Doctor".
>>
>>83604251
1. That's because any other time they call him "Doctor" is AFTER that scene. So now he's just used to it as they think he's Doctor Foreman.

2. It's not hard to believe the Time Lords would have observed him over his travels, being that they are observers.
>>
>>83604251
>Not to mention the other in-universe evidence like the Time Lords in The War Games referrring to him as "Doctor".
A lot of Who beyond Hartnell is retconning though. Another example of that is TARDISes always having been called that, retconning Susan's line about how she came up with it.
>>
>>83594893
can you actually imagine thinking punching someone being racist to your friend is a bad thing, fucking hell anon
>>
>>83604305
1.Not exactly. They do know he is a doctor before, from Susan telling them, so he was at least 'a Doctor', if not 'the Doctor'.

2. The Time Lords can't have known where he was before The War Games or they would have tried it and executed him.

>>83604345
I agree, it might be a retcon. But my point was that Name of the Doctor isn't the first example of the name "Doctor" dating back to before AUC. In fact, there are many of those both in TV and in the EU.
>>
>>83601607
>2007 Moffat: DUDE SCP LMAO
SCP was after you ming-mong
>>
>>83604847
The Time Lords definitely knew where he was before The War Games, see how they found 2 in The Three Doctors
>>
>>83604954
Those are Time Lords from after The War Games going back in his personal past though. They could have had a copy of the TARDIS logs from the Doctor's trials and known
Bearing in mind that at the time nobody really gave a shit about continuity, so they didn't think about it that way.
>>
>there are people who dont realize the 9th doctors tardis interior is meant to be the result of many many hasty repairs performed throughout the timewar
>>
>>83604954
Same anon as the one I'm replying to here, just to expand on my point:
The reason the Time Lords never dragged 1 or 2 out of their timeline prior to The War Games was because of their STRICT non-interference policy. In The War Games, he specifically requested their assistance with a task and so they used the opportunity to take him on for a trial.

In The Three Doctors, they pull 2 out of his timeline - thus interfering - only because the situation at hand is threatening the Time Lords themselves.

In Mindwarp, it is true that the Time Lords did pull the Doctor out of his timeline against their own policy, but this has an in-universe explanation as their growing leniency is one of the factors that eventually led to the Time War.
>>
>>83605151
Oh, and I forgot to mention:

In The Five Doctors, it's explicitly clear that the Time Scoop is illegal
>>
>tfw we won't ever get a comfy episode of Sarah Jane's Adventure's ever again

>tfw The Trickster was my favourite /who/ villain

>tfw Imagine watching SJA and the Doctor actually appears in the episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9D-2HJMD9s
>>
>>83605151
I don't think it can get any clearer than this, from The War Games:
>DOCTOR: Because when I send this box to them, they'll know where I am.
Quite clearly implying they didn't before.
>>
>>83605135
and as far as 11s first tardis design its probably just moffat being moffat and bitching till someone redesigned the same idea only 100 percent less functional
>>
>>83605358
Maybe they got the idea that he was called "the Doctor" from that footage of the workshop where Clara calls him such?
>>
NEW
>>83605517
>>83605517
>>83605517
>>
>>83604549
>doctor who's entire thing is that violence isn't the answer
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.