[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Leftovers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 29

File: IMG-20170605-WA0001.jpg (157KB, 960x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170605-WA0001.jpg
157KB, 960x1200px
Okay so the finale kinda let the mystery be. That's fine, it was a great show, one of the best I've ever seen.
But now I'd like to list some of the mysteries that weren't answered

>what did the National geographic magazine mean? was Kevin senior just completely insane or was there something to it? were the voices all in his head?
>why did Patti say Dean was a ghost and so hard to find information on? what was wrong with the dogs in Mapleton? Did some dogs really take on human form?
>is the place where Kevin goes everytime he dies even real?
>why did Nora get rejected by the scientists the first time? what's the correct answer to the baby twins question?
>what was that scene in season 1 where some women ask Kevin "are you ready?" and then everything explodes?
>who was David Burton? How did he come back to life? How does he know how so well how things work?

>IS NORA LYING AT THE END?

I'm surely missing some
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/13117037
>>
>>83590165
the answer to all of these:

lazy writing
>>

Only important thing is that Kevin believes her.
>>
>>what was that scene in season 1 where some women ask Kevin "are you ready?" and then everything explodes?
I think those were future GR members, and similar to patti could feel that something big was about to happen
>>
>>83590165
I don't even care about any of that shit tbqh.
>>
>>83590165
Don't forget Holy Wayne. He knew that he was going to die and he granted a wish to Kevin
>>
>what did the National geographic magazine mean? was Kevin senior just completely insane or was there something to it? were the voices all in his head?

He's insane, or was the entire plot of the flood not happening and assaulting cops not enough for you?
>why did Patti say Dean was a ghost and so hard to find information on? what was wrong with the dogs in Mapleton? Did some dogs really take on human form?

Dean was probably just a conspiracist, and bugged out. Either that or maybe some kind of agent. And the dogs were weird because they witnessed the sudden departure

Depends on your world view. Truly a mystery.

>why did Nora get rejected by the scientists the first time? what's the correct answer to the baby twins question?

Probably because they felt she was a snitch? That or they just suck at telling who is a liar or not.

>what was that scene in season 1 where some women ask Kevin "are you ready?" and then everything explodes?

Just fucking weirdos, they probably felt something was going to happen.

>who was David Burton? How did he come back to life? How does he know how so well how things work?

We have no real proof he didn't die, only conjecture.

Another actual mystery.
>>
>>83590531
You mean a man that was being followed and attacked by secret government kill squads thought he was going to die???
>>
>>83590531
based Holy Wayne poster
>>
>>83590165

I think the national geographic had something to do with the Aboriginals and the rain songs. It was probably what cultural bugus urged Kevin Senior to go to australia
>>
>>83590165

They rejected everyone to test how far they were willing to go to actually go through with it senpai
>>
I got some questions too.

>how did Kevin know the nun was lying? Does he have a super power as a lie detector?
>who was the man with the ladder? the nun said she saw no man with ladder. was it God?
>are there two Lauries?
>how did Matt die? we never see his body, is it possible he Departed?
>why did the birds take so long to show up? Did they Depart and come back too like Nora?
>why was there a goat in Jardin AND Australia? Is Australia purgatory?
>how is Kevin Sr still alive? Is he God?
>>
>>83590531
The only thing that bothered me was the babies of Wayne. What was their importance?
>>
>>83590711
I get your point, I'm reading too much into it and that's not what this show is about. Just doing this because it's fun

>>83590701
Lindelof said they do accept people. They want to be sure you have no attachments to the real world and they understand it from that question
>>
>>83590711
>how did Kevin know the nun was lying? Does he have a super power as a lie detector?
He was a cop
>who was the man with the ladder? the nun said she saw no man with ladder. was it God?
she was fucking him
>are there two Lauries?
no
>how did Matt die? we never see his body, is it possible he Departed?
are you this retarded? he had cancer
>why did the birds take so long to show up? Did they Depart and come back too like Nora?
symbolism
>why was there a goat in Jardin AND Australia? Is Australia purgatory?
>how is Kevin Sr still alive? Is he God?
he's probably dead
>>
Does anybody else kinda feel like out of all the crazy shit we saw and sad piano music we heard, none of it really mattered?
>>
>>83590165
What's to like about this show, it seemed pretty dull to me. Oh look it's the le dramatic music, I know something meaningful is happening (but of course it isn't).
>>
>>83590310
and even more precisely
Lindeloff
>>
>>83590165

This is a chick show. Chicks don't care about mysteries or what the answers are behind the mysteries. They care about relationship drama and stuff like how did she feel when he did that and what did she say and how did she say it.
>>
>>83590878
Why does everyone shit on Lindelof but give all he co-creatives a pass?

>Lost, all Lindelof's fault. Not the episode writers or JJ, Lindelof.
>Prometheus, all Lindelof. Not Jon Spaihts. Not Ridley Scott.
>Leftovers, LINDELOF. Not Tom Perotta, the creator.

I used to be a Lindelof hater but if there's one thing I'm certain of, if /tv/ is clamoring about it they're probably wrong.
>>
>>83590310

this

>>83590878

and THIS
>>
File: david.jpg (12KB, 217x166px) Image search: [Google]
david.jpg
12KB, 217x166px
I don't see what is wrong with holding a beheaded, bloody Donald Trump. All the more so when the holder is a comedian. Donald Trump is literally a murderer who takes a blood-bath daily. As with every US president desu, the hate is not "trump-specific".
>>
>>83590926

because he's the common person in all of those abominations it's only logical to conclude that.

with lost it was not lindelof it was "cuse and lindelof" but with prometheus there was no cuse so it was just lindelof.

with prometheus, many predicted that it would be a lindelof signature project (that is, there will be mystery, they will promise reveal of mystery, but they actually don't have answer and they'll make it up with sloppy writing).

and now with leftovers, it's following the same pattern as prev lindelof projects: market with "mystery watch the show mystery is so mysterious watch it" and then "ignore the mystery it's all about the characters drama etc etc etc"
>>
did coon go nude?
>>
>>83591097
>because he's the common person in all of those abominations it's only logical to conclude that.
This. He's worked with some of the most critically acclaimed directors in america and almost ruined all of their careers.
>JJ on Star Trek Into Darkness
>Brad Bird on Tomorrowland
>Marc Forster on World War Z
>Jon Favreau on Cowboys And Aliens
>Ridley Scott on Prometheus

Everybody hated them after these movies.
>>
>>83591316
yes
>>
Okay they explained where everyone went.

but why exactly did reality split into two and separate everyone?
>>
>>83590165
Just watched. I just want to say it was fucking amazing and I've never been that moved by a tv show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ooqqj6q1MeU
;_;
>>
>>83590165
It was good but still didn't top season 2 we may never have kino of that quality ever again.
>>
>>83590834
Wasn't the guy with the ladder that Australian cop that they killed ?
>>
>>83590868
none of us matter either, but discussing this show on a meme forum helps with the dread
>>
>>83591531
yes and also what about the animals o.O
>>
File: 1488448502308.jpg (467KB, 1280x1114px) Image search: [Google]
1488448502308.jpg
467KB, 1280x1114px
>>83591531
I don't know but it doesn't sound that scientifically implausible.
It ties in with the whole quantum theory, multiverses and Schrodinger's cat, except there's two universes existing at the same time (there might be more but these are the 2 that we care about) and there's no way to observe both at the same time because you're inside the box.
The machine lets you to switch between the both possibilities of the box.
>>
>>83590926

Why would you blame JJ? He was there for like one episode and fucked off. And Ridley Scott was the only good thing about Prometheus.
>>
>>83590165
>what was wrong with the dogs in Mapleton?
Their owners departed. With nobody taking care of them I guess they escaped their homes, got together in packs and went full feral.

>Did some dogs really take on human form?
The fuck outta here son.
>>
>>83591561
this

season 1 was comfy, season 2 knocked the ball out of the park
>>
Eh, not what I wanted nor expected.

I wanted a repudiation not an explanation.

I feel this finale was more an apology to lost fans than a fitting ending to an amazing show.

Having said that I still had a huge smile in parts and cried quite a few times, so still an amazing episode.

'Some of us hold a candle Nora'

and I always will
>>
>>83591902
>>83591561
why does everyone praise season 2 so much? Genuine question. I appreciated it ofc but I still find season 1 more compelling. I think one of the major let downs of season 2 for me was the fact that the transition (between 1 and 2) felt too abrupt, and that in my book took some points off its quality.
>>
File: 1496663593470.jpg (30KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1496663593470.jpg
30KB, 1000x1000px
BRAVO LINDELOF
>>
>>83592129
Because it's the most emotionally powerful of all the seasons. best moments, best story line and best music.
S1 is good but some episodes drag out. S2 is exceptional from start to finish. the momentum never ends.
>>
I liked it. It was a good end, and a hopefull one.
Still tragic that Kevin and Nora wasted so much time on wallowing in mysery.
>>
>>83590165
> hat did the National geographic magazine mean?
http://www.pajiba.com/the_leftovers/what-was-the-deal-with-the-may-1972-national-geographic-magazine-in-the-leftovers.php
>>
Before checking /tv/ I was very happy for how the finale turned out, they focused on characters for 50 minutes and then explained all that I wanted to know. For some reason I didn't even think about the possibility of Nora lying.

Then I read some opinions, that Lindelof interview and thought back to all the clues and how the episode is focused on lying and making up "a nice story".
Now I'm actually not so happy with the finale. I don't need to know everything like the questions posted in the OP but at least SOMETHING about the sudden departure. I guess I'll just believe she was telling the truth
>>
>>83592413
Literally in the same boat as you. I took Nora's story at face value and even after reading some internet chatter, I choose to leave it at that. It is infinitely more satisfying.
>>
It was fine, I don't give a shit about closure or answers like a faggot. Just wanted a kino episode, a little disappointing.
>>
>>83592413
>>83592465
The good thing about the show is that you can, there's nothing that gives definitive evidence either way.
Same for both of Kevin's international assassin episodes. Maybe it was real, maybe it was just his brain making shit up.
>>
>>83590796

They had no importance and Wayne had no importance or magic powers.
>>
>>83591850
>Schrodinger's cat

Fuck off man with your meme science. Throwing out words you don't get doesn't make you smart.
>>
>>83592413

There's no correct answer, senpai. Whatever you want to believe, is what happened.
>>
also this show has inspired me to start lifting weights. I want to achieve Kevin Garvey mode.
>>
File: 1494259920760.jpg (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1494259920760.jpg
17KB, 400x400px
>>83591850
lmao
>>
>>83592635
I was a bit disappointed to see he lost his beard. Now I've grown it out all for nothing!

Back to the weights I suppose.
>>
I believe she was lying. I also believe that other than the SD there are no supernatural events in the show.
>>
According to the writers this is very "real".

The correct answer is not to care, nor for the baby nor for the world.

The writers lean more to the side where she was telling the truth. Either way it doesn't matter, the outcome is the same. She's trying to move on with her story.
>>
>>83592826
sd?
>>
Nora is the best qt waifu, prove me wrong
>>
>>83590165
this is one of the shittiest shows ever, thank god it's over.
>>
>>83592929
Sudden Departure ya dingus
>>
>>83593050
It sure is!
>>
>>83592945
She is, no doubt. Hottest MILF I've ever seen too.

>>83590165
I think the real question is why Kevin was the Second Coming. I have no idea how it ties to the story. I understand he foregoes his immortality for Nora (for anyone that says that they don't love each other) and it gives some meaning to his twin "persona" that has followed him since S01 but I just can't wrap my head as to why this was introduced in the first place.
>>
>>83590165
Did Theroux ever show dong?
>>
>>83592129
S2 only gets good at ep 7
>>
>>83590165
It's open ended basically so you can think whatever you want. I interpret everything as being dellusional behavior and/or lies.

>Kevin talking about that heart problem is meant to explain why he could "die" and come back
>The machine didn't work, Nora has always had a rich imagination. Throughout the whole series she's been looking for a way to cope with her loss, so that's the story she came up with to finally come to terms.
>Kevin Garvey Sr. was always fuckin out of his mind and dellusional
>So was Matt until "God" snapped him out of it
>The rest were just followers who believed in the bullshit to cope with their losses

The only thing is that the SD remains a fuckin mystery which is never answered and which was never supposed to be answered just like Tom Perrotta meant it.

Lindelof just uses a lot of religious symbolism as red herrings.

There you go.
>>
>>83593346
I like this, except for
>the machine didn't work
It did, but Nora yelled STOP. She couldn't do it and the doctors knew it from the start, they told her twice and that's why they rejected her. She then told Matt to tell everyone she went through.
>>
>>83593346
>Kevin talking about that heart problem is meant to explain why he could "die" and come back

I thought that was just a result of him dying that
one time at Virgil's
>>
the finale was fuckin trash

wouldve been better if it ended after ep 7
>>
>>83593346
Lindelof said that heart problem meant to show that after Kevin nuked afterlife he's no longer immortal.
>>
>>83590165
No
http://tvline.com/2017/06/04/the-leftovers-finale-damon-lindelof-interview-last-episode/
>TVLINE | I found it interesting that while Nora was recounting her epic journey to The Other Side, you didn’t show us glimpses of what that world looked like. Did you intentionally do that because you wanted to leave open the possibility or the interpretation that maybe she made this up?
>Lindelof: Not in a cutesy, “Whatever you think the answer is — it’s all in the eye of the beholder!” way. When we first all came together and talked about the scene we, of course, [asked ourselves], “Should we see all that stuff?” And it was [series cocreator Tom] Perrotta, primarily, who said we shouldn’t see it. She should just tell it. And not to leave it open to interpretation, but more because there’s a tradition [on The Leftovers] that we really nailed down in the third season of characters just telling stories to one another.
>>
>>83590165

i think she told the truth.

the last time we saw her she was taking her last breath right before the irradiated liquid reached her face. she wouldn't have had time to change her mind at that point.
>>
>>83590606

they didn't think she was a snitch. she literally gave the wrong answer to the question. that's a common question (i actually saw it before on some tv show or movie just a few days before that episode aired but i can't remember) and the "correct" answer is that you don't kill a baby to cure cancer.
>>
>>83594179
No, you fucking retard, there is no "wrong" answer to the question. They rejected her because they could tell she was lying. They rejected the man in the desert for the same reason when he gave the exact opposite answer that Nora gave. The point of that question is to determine if you are being honest in your answer.

In the opening minutes of the last episode they made Nora say her recorded statement again and to mention her children's names because the scientist felt she didn't come across as believable.
>>
Can ayone confirm that it was Coon naked, and not body doble?
>>
>>83593950
Lindelof says it doesn't matter whether it's true or not, it only matters that Kevin believes her. In your quote he doesn't say it's not open to interpretation, that's just not the reason why they decided to not show it.
>>
>>83594088
Sooo... The scientist who invented the machine waited until she asked him to build one on the other side?

He didn't think that maybe returning and proving it worked was worth it?

He didn't think that maybe the 2% world was a much bigger crapsack than the 98% world, and offer them a way to get back to their loved ones?

Bullshit. It was all a lie.
>>
>>83594618
>offer them a way to get back to their loved ones?

>Millions of people scattered across the world
>Machine that he would have to spend years to rebuild can only send 1 person at a time

Yeah I think most people would say 'fuck it' and just try to survive in that world.
>>
>>83594532
More likely it was this Helen Evans.
>>
>>83594667
The scientist would also have no way of knowing if a return trip was even possible or fatal.
>>
>watching a Lindelof project and expecting answers

You should have learned your lesson
>>
>>83594667
>lose almost everybody you have ever known
>nah ill just stay here if i have to wait a while

fuck off retard
>>
>>83590165
Think I'll just let the mystery be OP.
>>
>>83592626
That's the most bullshit way to end a story, you literally have so little faith in your writing skills that you leave to the audience to the decide the ending
>>
>>83594892
Think about why he even built that machine in the first place?
Probably because he lost the most important people in his life and would rather stay with them than go back.

Also see >>83594799

He has no evidence you can even go back.
Nora somehow convinced him to rebuild it to give it a try and of course offered herself to be the test.
>>
>>83591531
Nora is lying it's her way to cope with things
>>
>>83594986
>He has no evidence you can even go back.

not an argument, he had no evidence he could get there before he built the first machine, plenty of people would volunteer to go through so they could go back to their original world

nora lied and if she didnt lie its a huge fucking idiotic plot hole
>>
Could someone post a closeup of Kevin being confused/miserable?
>>
Everybody's wonderin' what and where they they all came from
Everybody's worryin' 'bout where they're gonna go
When the whole thing's done
But no one knows for certain
And so it's all the same to me
I think I'll just let the mystery be

Some say once you're gone you're gone forever
And some say you're gonna come back
Some say you rest in the arms of the Saviour
If in sinful ways you lack

Some say that they're comin' back in a garden
Bunch of carrots and little sweet peas

Everybody's wonderin' what and where they they all came from
Everybody's worryin' 'bout where they're gonna go

Some say they're goin' to a place called Glory
And I ain't saying it ain't a fact
But I've heard that I'm on the road to purgatory
And I don't like the sound of that
I believe in love and I live my life accordingly
But I choose to let the mystery be

Everybody is wondering what and where they they all came from
Everybody is worryin' 'bout where they're gonna go

>>
>>83590165

Jesus christ the feeling that art needs to be explained in some logical manner is one of the most pleb things possible. Stop being such whiny bitches in need of meaning, you're starting to resemble characters in The Leftovers.

That being said, the finale was the best episode in the weakest season of the show. One of the best episodes in the entire series even. So relieved they managed to end it well.
>>
>>83592556
These people need everything spoonfed to them in concrete manner.
>>
This show dropped the ball when it showed overtly supernatural stuff and then it goes dude LMAO it's a coping mechanism, it's ambiguous, it's open to interpretation

No, just fuck off. That god character was the last straw
>>
>>83595074
THIS FUCKING THIS
We got the perfect finale to an outstanding TV series and people go on about
>MUH SCIENCE
>MUH MACHINE
>MUH MYSTERY WASNT EXPLAINED
/tv/ really is cancer.
>>
where is the webm who walking naked?
>>
>>83595059
>plenty of people would volunteer to go through
This. One confirmed departure returning would be all it took to get more machines built on this side.
>>
>>83593950
>>83594088
http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/news/a55441/the-leftovers-series-finale-explained/?src=socialflowTW
Lindelof ain't gonna explain shit. He says he wrote the script with a definite answer in mind, whether Nora's story is true or false, but he won't tell us what it is. He didn't even tell Coon or the director of the episode.
>>
>>83595096
There's a difference between using visuals and metaphors to tell your intention as a story teller and leaving things out because lol it's up to the viewer
>>
Nora lied.

She got long conned, which is funny cause shes a fraud investigator. After Matt left her there, the nurses probably knocked her out left her abandoned in the parking lot alone probably with a kidney missing and moved their shit and never contacted her again. She, being embarrassed as fuck, went into hiding.
>>
>>83595145
B R A V O
>>
>>83595133

Have you seen the Twin Peaks threads? It's so fucking embarrassing, people coming up with insane theories so that a work of art makes some kind of rational, logical sense. Nobody with any interest in art would actually engage in this kind of pathetic ignorance.
>>
>>83595133
Shit writing led to this.
>>83595074
>Art
You're a fedora
>>
So now that this show is over should I watch it?
>>
File: 1494266800519.png (213KB, 526x493px) Image search: [Google]
1494266800519.png
213KB, 526x493px
>
>Have you seen the Twin Peaks threads? It's so fucking embarrassing, people coming up with insane theories so that a work of art makes some kind of rational, logical sense. Nobody with any interest in art would actually engage in this kind of pathetic ignorance.
>>
>>83595216

>Art isn't a thing!

You're a retard.
>>
File: 1494267074813.jpg (66KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1494267074813.jpg
66KB, 900x900px
>Jesus christ the feeling that art needs to be explained in some logical manner is one of the most pleb things possible. Stop being such whiny bitches in need of meaning, you're starting to resemble characters in The Leftovers.
>
>That being said, the finale was the best episode in the weakest season of the show. One of the best episodes in the entire series even. So relieved they managed to end it well.
>>
>>83595249

"I'll just post memes that distract from the fact that I'm a retard who likes having everything spelled out for me because I hate anything that doesn't make sense."

You're embarrassing.
>>
File: 1405881120438.png (227KB, 314x438px) Image search: [Google]
1405881120438.png
227KB, 314x438px
>>83595103
You just can't do that, you can't have Kevin resurrect twice, him talking to God before he does so (he had no way of knowing about that fucking Aussie, they could have at least explained that), then IT WAS ALL IN HIS HEAD HES FUCKED YO
>>
>>83595294
>doesn't make sense
You said it yourself, it's simply bad writing
>>
File: laughinggirls.gif (393KB, 297x201px) Image search: [Google]
laughinggirls.gif
393KB, 297x201px
>>83595264
>thinking this is a art
>>
File: 1494266530899.jpg (508KB, 1280x1698px) Image search: [Google]
1494266530899.jpg
508KB, 1280x1698px
>You're embarrassing
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-06-01-56-23.png (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-06-01-56-23.png
1MB, 2560x1440px
Who was in the wrong here?
>>
>>83595348

You're one of the morons in the Twin Peaks threads concocting theories, right?

>>83595359

I love how dumbasses think that "art" somehow means that something is good. Wonder Woman is also a work of art. I'm sure it's a pile of shit, like all superhero bullshit, but it's still art.
>>
File: 1494266653653.jpg (114KB, 780x585px) Image search: [Google]
1494266653653.jpg
114KB, 780x585px
>I love how dumbasses think that "art" somehow means that something is good. Wonder Woman is also a work of art. I'm sure it's a pile of shit, like all superhero bullshit, but it's still art.
>>
>>83595432
>everything is art
>>
>>83595498

All art is art, yeah.

Why do you think "art" means that something is good you uneducated halfwit?
>>
Spoiler: There is not a single supernatural event in The Leftovers with the exception of the first departure.
>>
I just marathoned five episodes from the first season. Holy shit the women in this show are so fucking garbage, especially that Asian bitch and the wife of the sheriff. I was at first rooting for the bad guys when they had that cultist trapped to the tree, but when they started stoning her, and she spoke out to tell them to stop I felt sympathy for her and was saddened by her death. But seriously thought the women in this show are rage inducing.
>>
>>83595535
All tautologies are tautological.

Good argument.
>>
Nora is a good person who had a very very hard life.
I can't possibly believe she missed Matt's funeral just because she had a fight with Kevin in a hotel once.

She told the truth.
>>
Finale was great not sure if I liked S3 or S2 more though....
>>
>>83595432
It doesn't mean something is good.
If you look at the painting of Adam and God do you say it's SHIT because God doesn't exist?
Do you say Lord of the Rings is SHIT because there are plotholes?
Do you say ALIEN is shit because it's not possible?
>>
>>83595381
Laurie is always in the wrong.
>>
>>83595757
nonsense, she was never religious and had a very satisfying goodbye with her brother, it was setlted
>>
>>83595757
You don't know if she returned before or after Matt's death.
>>
for those of you that think nora is lying, what purpose would she have to lie to kevin?
>>
>>83595891
Everybody lies.
>>
>>83595891
think really hard what this show is even about
>>
File: 1388714470299.jpg (47KB, 490x490px) Image search: [Google]
1388714470299.jpg
47KB, 490x490px
>>83595381

Selfish bitch abandoned her family and joined a cult.
>>
>>83595929
It's about Damon Lindelof masturbating while people pretend poorly written and obvious ambiguities are the deepest thing in the world.
>>
>>83595891
Why did Kevin lie to Nora before that in the same episode? Maybe she didn't know what the fuck else to say.
>>
The amount of plebs on this board is depressing.

People that are so stupid that they criticize the ending for not providing enough answers should just go back to lost.
The biggest theme of the show from season 1 was about how we make false connections and assumptions when we are looking for meaning. We see random events and try to connect them into a story.

The main point of the story was simply about the mental state of the main characters. Everyone had an arc where they went from being close to a break down to a better state through accepting their reality. Nora at the end doesn't fit, if her story wasn't true(its not, its there because people would be babies if we didn't get any kind of answer on what happened to them in the finale), but it is also a way to show again that we make up delusions to make us feel better, but they don't help us in the end(Nora was living alone in the middle of nowhere, and had been for many years.).

Amazing show and an Amazing finale.
>>
>>83591531
I think people ask questions like this because they don't realize they're subconsciously seeking the answers to life and the way the universe works in a fucking TV show made by a normal human being named Damon Lindelof

You can always keep asking why. You can't continually provide an answer that makes sense in any fictional universe, because it is fiction. Suspension of disbelief is predicated on the fact that you do not have real knowledge of some underlying complexities of reality. The second fiction contradicts what you know to be true, you call it a plot hole.

We can give an answer to the question "what might happen to individual and groups of people in the face of a crisis we can't explain" because its made up. People didn't and probably never will just suddenly disappear in real life. So the more you ask why about such a fictional scenario, the more the answer will start to break down because it's not based in reality.

Everything does not have an explanation. You don't just miss the point of The Leftovers, but of television as a whole. Television is not a substitute for the answers you can't find about the mysteries of life. And I think Lindelof makes a number of gestures in this direction throughout the series.

It does not fucking matter why reality split into two. Thats not why The Leftovers exists as a work of art. That's a question for you to ask a physicist should this ever happen in real life.

Even Noras ambiguous ending exposition which is basically just a single shot of her giving an infodump, feels like its tacked on and only there so that people like you won't feel unsatisfied. It's done in a way where we begin to question "is this actually what happened, or is this what Nora imagines would happen if she had gone through with it. Is this the "Nicer story" that Nora tells herself? The kind of story that we wish we could tell ourselves when bad shit happens in our lives?"

Nothing is explained, everything is explained. And then it ends
>>
>>83595554
then how did kevin die and come back to life???
>>
>>83595891
"It's just a nicer story", like that woman said.
How the fuck do you tell him you've been avoiding him and everybody for xx years just because?
>>
File: 1402183168027.jpg (48KB, 590x532px) Image search: [Google]
1402183168027.jpg
48KB, 590x532px
>it's another let's leave the ending ambiguous and not wrap things up neatly

How original. Lazy Lindelof strikes again.
>>
>>83596031
Is this bait? They explained it in the finale.
>>
>>83590796
he blacked a bunch of asian bitches because he could. They weren't important he just liked asian pussy.
>>
File: 1438301817440.png (271KB, 352x583px) Image search: [Google]
1438301817440.png
271KB, 352x583px
>>83596050
Hey Lindelof samefag!
>>
>>83596031
He never actually died and is an amazingly resilient human being.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lazarus_syndrome
>>
>>83596054
He survived gunshot to the chest and being buried because he had a heart condition? Right.
>>
>>83595891
embarrassment you fuckin autist
>>
>>83590165
>all these loose ends
>OOOH THE MYSTERY
yup never going to watch this show
just another poorly written lost clone
thanks for this post OP helped me dodge a bullet
>>
>>83596085
>He never actually died

Yes he did. Lindelof confirmed it.
>>
>>83596127
A 27-year-old man in the UK collapsed after overdosing on heroin and cocaine. Paramedics gave him an injection, and he recovered enough to walk to the ambulance. He went into cardiac arrest in transit.
>After 25 minutes of resuscitation efforts, the patient was verbally declared dead.

The point remains and you got rused.
>>
>>83596104
He survived because the bullet missed. The heart condition is because even without the bullet hitting his heart the force of the shot is going to permanently fuck it up.
>>
>>83596119
fuck off
>>83596001

Watch more capeshit
>>
>>83596085
Most of these people died shortly thereafter and none of them returned from the dead more than once.
>>
When did you realize that the so called "lowest common denominator" represents not just the majority in general, but the majority of 4chan too?
>>
File: 1400462728251.jpg (116KB, 375x476px) Image search: [Google]
1400462728251.jpg
116KB, 375x476px
>>83596001

>people delude themselves to cope with harsh realities

No fucking way. Thank God we have a show to explain that to us.
>>
>>83595554
Except for Kevin's deaths and resurrections, the bird in the box, the man on the pillar knowing Patti's there, Isaac (the psychic) knowing Meg's mother's last words, earthquakes occurring whenever something important happened in Jarden (Kevin jumps into the lake, Kevin comes back to life, Mary comes back to life).
>>
>>83596001
thought the finale was kind of shit desu

felt like it dragged way too long, i liked the final scene but other than that it was poor

i was pretty annoyed laurie didnt kill herself too
>>
>>83596127

Confirmed it where? Any interview I've seen he goes out of his way to make sure it remains ambiguous
>>
>>83596234
g*d appearing in Kevin's visions, his father appearing in Kevin's visions
>>
>>83596210

why am i still here
>>
>>83596164
He would die from bleeding then.
>>
>>83596189
And? This is a fictional tv show where the point is to stretch your belief to the limits.

If this was a non-fiction story, it would take a whole lot less to convince half the earth that god must be real based on these strange occurrences alone.

The Leftovers is about how people rationalize extreme circumstances. And it achieves this, because you think the show has supernatural events, and I don't.
>>
>>83596189
>most
Oh okay, Kevin isn't most people, he is the main character of the show. What is your point? Some guy got hit by lightning a bunch of times. I guess he must be lying, because most people don't even get hit once.
>>
>>83596244

Thought it was too contrived. Kevin pretending his relationship with Nora never happened.. why would he do that? He wouldn't

Happy with the final scene and ending though.
>>
>>83596234
I bet you think the guy who got a pole shoved through his skull in a car accident and survived was saved by God. Improbable does not mean impossible.
>>
>>83590165

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

MUH RELIGION
MUH CHRISTIANITY
MUH HOTEL IS PURGATORY

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

SCIENCE WINS AGAIN.

CALLED IT FROM THE START. IT WAS A PARALLEL DIMENSION.
>>
>>83596367
what does surviving a car accident have to do with the man on the pillar knowing patti is there
>>
>>83596234
Kevin knowing about God's Tongue.
>>
>>83596353
>Kevin pretending his relationship with Nora never happened.. why would he do that?

Did you even finish watching the episode, he tells you exactly why he would do that.
>>
>>83596218
Yea. Lets ignore everything in the show and how it explored it and just reduce it to what it is about. You can do this with any piece of media. All you do it look like a huge retard on the internet.
>>
>>83596382
Congrats on ousting yourself as retarded.
>>
>>83596367
stop justifying it you autist

the show obviously went too far in season two with all the "miracles" and "mysteries". And it doubled down with that Aussie guy.
>>
>>83596409
Because maybe, just maybe, he didn't know Patti was there, but you were made to believe he did.
>>
>>83596264

https://youtu.be/hDrO2ljFJ0E?t=42

Can't get more unambiguous than that.
>>
>>83596409
Patti wasn't there though. She died.
>>
>>83596420
maybe he kept in touch with his father
>>
>>83596495
>>83596484
wrong
>>
>>83596423

The actor Justin Theroux speaks the lines that were written for his character. Doesn't mean it makes sense.
>>
bravo damon, you have made a finale worst than lost, BRAVO
>>
>>83596485
Literally does not change a thing.
>>
File: matt.jpg (201KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
matt.jpg
201KB, 1920x1080px
>tfw matt didn't get saved
>>
>>83596485

He is speaking from the audience's point of view. ie We see Kevin "die" and come back. I don't think he's literally explaining what his own interpretation is. Remains ambiguous to me.
>>
What did Kevin say toHoly Wayne?
>>
>>83596620
he said

let the mystery b
>>
>>83596001
saved
>>
>>83596457

>Congrats on ousting yourself as retarded.

Congrats on "ousting" yourself as American.
>>
>>83596496
Maybe people don't disappeared, everyone just gone crazy?
>>
>>83596620
make me immortal
>>
keep it alive, gonna watch the finale in a few minutes.
>>
>>83596026
This is why I really like the Leftovers.
>>
>>83596693
do not watch it, that episode just ruined good season. episode 7 is better finale episode.
>>
>>83596218

Holy shit man

A tv show didn't come up with a wholly new, original way of perceiving reality that nobody had ever expressed before in any form. What a piece of shit!

This board is so pathetic.
>>
rejoice

lindelofs career is OVER. DONE. he will NEVER write anything again
>>
>>83596730

The finale was the best of a not great season, easily. One of only 3 great episodes. Episode 7 was just okay.
>>
>>83596762

This season is going to win Emmys bro. That doesn't mean it's good but it does mean that Lindelof will clearly be writing more in the future.
>>
>>83596769
E1, E4, E5, E6, E7 and E8 were all great the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>83596593
this character just made no sense

He started losing and questioning his faith because he was dying, but why should that matter when they thought the world was going to end
>>
>>83590165
You're supposed to choose for yourself whether the supernatural phenomena happening were real or not. Why did you even watch this show if you didn't get the point?
>>
>>83596821
theres a difference in dying of cancer and thinking the world is going to end in a biblical event
>>
She did go to the other side, she tells him. And what she found there was devastatingly simple, the anticlimactic yet obvious answer to the Departure that no one had bothered to consider: a world where 98 percent of humanity had disappeared, not just 2. In this bizarro universe, the flip side of her tragedy is her family’s good fortune. Her husband and children went through together where everyone else became unmoored, and they’ve formed a happy life that Nora doesn’t want to disturb. So she came back, a process that took years of effort and ingenuity. By the time she returned, it was too late to return to her old life, including Kevin.

It’s a powerful story, rich with detail and pain. Carrie Coon sells the idea with the Zen resignation of someone who’s finally made their peace with eternal solitude; Justin Theroux gives an incredible performance by just taking it all in, in keeping with Kevin’s passive nature. Elegant and clean, Nora’s yarn finally offers what the entire world’s been missing: a solution. Which is the first sign that it almost certainly isn’t true.

We know Nora’s great with absurdly thought-out hypotheticals, thanks to the foolproof suicide plan she outlined for Laurie; it makes sense that she’d dream up a best-case scenario for her family that’s just as specific. On a show filled with elaborate coping mechanisms, Occam’s razor suggests that Nora’s come up with another—she’s just passing the comforting fiction on, with the added embellishment that she was there to witness it.
>>
>>83596810
Laurie episode was ruined by her shown alive in the finale.
>>
>>83596821
He questioned but never lost his faith. He went to the casino because he had faith, he did all that stuff for his wife because of faith.
> but why should that matter when they thought the world was going to end
You need to have faith if you think God is going to send a flood
>>
>>83591083
Wrong thread, pal.
>>
>>83596895
That doesn’t stop Kevin from instantly taking her explanation at face value. “I believe you,” he says—the most important words anyone can say to anyone else on this show. “Why wouldn’t I believe you? You’re here.”

And there is the difference between Kevin Garvey and Nora Durst, perfectly distilled. Kevin accepted long ago that a story’s veracity matters less than the purpose it serves. That’s why he drowned himself in the penultimate episode, doing what Nora couldn’t and entering the twilight zone in exchange for inner peace. Whatever that place is, he told Laurie, it feels real, he feels alive in it, and if a feeling is all that place is, it’s more than enough. The same goes for Nora’s yarn: It saves Kevin from holding a grudge against the love of his life, so he buys into the myth without a second thought. (Or maybe he just says he does; to Kevin, as we learned last week, drastic and potentially fatal actions speak louder than words.) He’s a true believer who can appreciate Nora’s need to be a true skeptic.
>>
File: damon-lindelof.jpg?w=750.jpg (7KB, 300x232px) Image search: [Google]
damon-lindelof.jpg?w=750.jpg
7KB, 300x232px
>>83596839

Ooo, ooo, let me make the next generic Lindelof comment!

>It's all about the characters, man.
>>
>>83596821
did anyone actually believe the world was ending other than Kevin Sr
>>
File: 92424173.jpg (24KB, 267x300px) Image search: [Google]
92424173.jpg
24KB, 267x300px
>>83590165
The biggest unanswered mystery is how big of a guy is Kevin?
>>
>>83596821
No he lost his faith in Kevin when he accepted his situation. Him dying made him compensate with his faith in Kevin to not have to feel or think about that he was going to die. He probably never lost his faith either, he simply went back down to a normal level.
>>
>>83596931
advanced penis inspection was a nice bit of humor in a serious episode
>>
>>83596931
Ep 7 answered that mystery.
>>
>>83596903
yeah

laurie being alive is bullshit
>>
>>83596920
>>It's all about the characters, man.

what do lindelofags mean by this? is there a show that is not about the characters?
>>
>>83596903

Maybe she was dead and so were Kevin and Nora.
>>
>>83596989
>about to kill yourself
>get a nice phone call from family
>don't kill yourself

Is it really that hard to believe?
>>
>>83590926
Lindelof is a constant in all those things, and everything he has a hand in ends up a disappointment, were as the others have created things that haven't been disappointments, therefore the only correct assumption is that Lindelof is the problem.
>>
Cool how Nora has the last words in each season.

S1: Look what I found
S2: You're home
S3: I'm here

which was the best??? it's S2 right
>>
>>83597020
most shows are plot driven m80
>>
>>83597065
>get the viewer so emotionally invested in this story where the grief finally comes to a head for her and she decides to end it all
>2 eps later lol she didnt actually go through with it

fuck off bad writing
>>
>>83597090
Is it wrong to have the main focus on characters rather than plot? Seems a lot of people liked the show in this thread.
>>
>>83597126
>the writers didn't do what I want and kill the characters I don't like
fucking hacks
>>
>Kevin and Nora actually got their happy ending after all
I find this harder to believe than her story about going to a parallel dimension and back.
>>
>>83596920
Yes, it's about the characters, not the situations.
>>
>>83597090
uh, no, i can't think of a single good show that i watch that is only about plot
>>
can someone explain what the part with the goat was about?
>>
>>83597135
nah, im just pointing it out
>>
>>83597126
Her story was kinda rushed / not explored fully in season 3. Id agree with that. But I don't think it made the season worse. I felt we had enough Laurie in the show already.
>>
>>83597205
stop asking questions, this show is only about the characters, let the mystery be
>>
>>83596050
LOST explained everything except the importance of Walt and who the people on the outrigger were.
>>
>>83597172
i liked lauries character, it was cheap to have that episode and have the viewer invest in her death then change your mind and keep her alive
>>
>>83597236
The goat was a character. It had more screen time than Jill this season.
>>
>>83597205
It is a literal scapegoat.

I don't understand what you don't understand.
>>
>>83597261
ok i will answer

the goat was jacob from lost
>>
>>83597259
Don't a lot of people fuck up suicide attempts? It may not have gone as you expected, but I don't find it far fetched at all.
>>
>>83597205
it was just another lie

they said they would take it out to the desert but lied

nora took the sins and suffers just like she took the sins of her family to let them be happy while she suffers
>>
>>83597319
i never said its far fetched

its perfectly reasonable she changed her mind or whatever

its still bad writing
>>
>>83597259
So the show hurt your feelings then.

You don't have any actual criticisms, but the show hurt your feelings by making you grieve and then have that character come back.

Man, any show that can make you feel things like that must really suck.
>>
>>83597205
I think it was in the episode to show that Nora was still carrying about a bunch of shit from her past that she couldn't let go off. When she took the beads from the horse, she admitted to herself that she was still carrying her past, which you need to do before you can get over it.
>>
>>83597388
>Man, any show that can make you feel things like that must really suck.

thats what makes a show good, theyre supposed to be emotive, turning it round and saying it didnt really happen 2 eps later is the bad thing
>>
>>83597205
It was the demon Azrael. It leaving in the final scene represented that Azrael no longer possessed Nora.
>>
File: C4fUc5KXUAEGpVl.jpg (10KB, 325x326px) Image search: [Google]
C4fUc5KXUAEGpVl.jpg
10KB, 325x326px
>>83597460
I wonder what it would be like if you grieved for someone who you thought died, and then they showed up again. You'd probably be sort of mad and frustrated that you went through all that grieving...
>>
>>83597524
fuck off retard
>>
>>83597460

Anyone who thought she actually killed herself after talking to her kids is likely someone who doesn't know how to read human beings. It's quite clear in that ending scene that she's had a change of heart after the phone call.
>>
>>83597660
maybe i guess, you didnt think she went through with it after you watched it?

why would she go into the water with a dangerous storm approaching if she just decided she wanted to live, seems like a weird risk to take right after deciding she didnt want to die

i know she is a very experienced diver but it is still a big risk
>>
>>83596210
The second I grew up and realized that the majority of posters are autistic and/or teens
>>
itt: people put more thought into attempting to make sense of the show/finale than the writer exerted writing it.

reminder the show started off as a semi-grounded character driven genre about people attempting to cope with a completely unexplainable event, and became a show about literal jesus using his magic powers to hop in and out of "being dead" to solve the seasonal plot arcs.
>>
Great finale

Can definitely tell the difference between posters that have been watching the show weekly since season 1 vs the ones who sped through it to catch up to the finale
>>
>>83597852

You'd have a pretty rough time with Twin Peaks.
>>
>>83596026
You don't have to explain everything, but if you're posing like your show is the smartest saddest thing in the world you have to have actual story structure and characters that demonstrate a genuine insight into the human condition or are interesting versions of archetypes. You can't just throw random shit at a wall with the throughline of "life is full of random shit" and hide behind obvious ambiguities and unearned emotional beats.
>>
>>83597969
I don't think this is what the Leftovers does though. I think its a good exploration of how people use different coping mechanisms in their life, and how that again affects them. And that connects very well back to the theme of looking for meaning in random events. Its very well written, and thought out.
>>
>>83597908
Not him but the Twin Peaks end credits this week said more (and had a more artful thematic presentation) than three season of The Leftovers.
>>
>>83595381
>implying Matt was ever in the wrong
>>
>>83598105
It's not thought out at all. The show just kind of flails its arms while people wallow in their misery and acts like demonstrating that people use coping mechanisms and religion to deal with loss makes up for the lack of realistic characters with actual arcs.
>>
>>83590165
Sauce on the dude? Mirin' his body, no homo
>>
>>83598114
>A retard stared at a statue

Ok, guy.
>>
File: 1495500904238.jpg (14KB, 446x299px) Image search: [Google]
1495500904238.jpg
14KB, 446x299px
APOLOGIZE

APOLOGIZE RIGHT NOW
>>
>>83598218
It was a summation of the themes of the episode and the first time the overarching themes of the beginning of Coop's journey back (and the season) were laid bare.
>>
I think nora was telling the truth. Throughout the episode theyre all lying and shit but then comes the truth. Kevin tells his truth and nora tells hers. She has no reason to lie to him at this point.
>>
>>83598220
fuck off, hack. finale ruined whole show, just like lost
>>
>>83598214
>The show just kind of flails its arms while people wallow in their misery and acts like demonstrating that people use coping mechanisms and religion to deal with loss

Could you give one or two examples where the show does this so we can discuss the show and not just your opinion of it? That would be a much more interesting discussion for me.
>>
>>83590796
>>83590165

Lindelof adds shitty "mysteries" that he has no intention of solving to his shows in order to add intrigue and get people talking about them online
>>
File: IMG_0578.jpg (35KB, 217x280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0578.jpg
35KB, 217x280px
>>83598283
If you believe this then I'm happy for you.
>>
>>83590926
>bunch of films and TV shows that include Lindelof as a major influence
>all of them have forced shitty mysteries that never get explained
>OMG WHY YOU BLAME LINDELOF?
>>
>ywn never live in post sacrity timeline where 99% of people gtfo
>>
>>83598349
The nearly countless examples of half assed world building: the ATFEC, Holy Wayne, Guilty Remnant, wild dogs, etc. plus the constant resetting of both setting and time period between seasons, the abandonment of characters, and inconsistency in their development based on whether a given episode needed someone to cry.
>>
>>83598295
Nora didn't tell the truth. She couldn't give her "sins" to the goat because she didn't think she had any. When she took all the sins from the goat, she accepted it. But she still couldn't get rid of them, which is why she still told her story to Kevin. She just took the first step towards fixing herself during the episode, but she still had more to go.
>>
>>83598454
>be one of the 2%
>find a rich persons solar powered house to move into
>build massive dvd collection
>go on with life as usual
>only now no one can judge you for not going out because there is no one out there

paradise
>>
>>83598220
oh shit I'm sorry
>>
She was lying.

>After Coon’s second take, Lindelof turned to Perrotta and said, “I think I believe her.” At the hotel he tells me, “Let’s say you wrote something that you knew was not true, but then somebody else recites it and they believe it. Does that make it true?” He adds that he and Coon “have very purposefully avoided the subject” of whether or not Nora really went through.

Great article btw
http://www.vulture.com/2017/06/leftovers-finale-behind-the-scenes-exclusive.html
>>
would've preferred no ending to that pile of shit, i'm still pissed off, would've had the perfect ending if it ended on episode 7
>>
>>83597852
>semi-grounded character driven genre about people attempting to cope with a completely unexplainable event

Except it is 100% this all the way through and if you think otherwise you didn't understand seasons 2 or 3.
>>
>>83598215
It's jesus christ
>>
Kevin lied to start over with Nora.
Nora lied to start over with nora

:'(
>>
>>83598220
>Shyamalan
>DC
>Lindelof

is this the year of the unJUSTing? maybe Brendan will have a cameo in that new Mummy movie as well
>>
>>83598220
Fuck you you goddamn hack, that finale was so goddamn inconsistent with the rest of the show and you centered it around a character who hasn't been interesting since the first half of s2.
>>
>tfw Coon has garbage ass and tits
I feel cheated to be completly chonest
>>
>>83598761
Brendan will be in new Danny Boyle's show on HBO.
>>
>>83598504
Holy Wayne and GR had actual build up and conclusions. They were unusual arc's but that in itself isn't bad. ATFEC related to the GR plot.

The wild dogs could be seen as a foreshadowing to the ending since Kevin in the end domesticated one of them. The show eluded to that there were something supernatural going on with them, but they were just dogs that were abandoned and formed a pack.

Time skips were used very well I think, what did you not like about it?

Is there some kind of rule that you need to keep every main character in season 1 through the whole show?

Could you give examples of inconsistent character development?
>>
>>83598761
>lindelof
>unjust

lol he's never going to write anything again
>>
Are the people who are mad ITT the same people who just watch the show because DUDE WHERED THE PEOPLE GO???

You're literally plebs and need to fuck off. This is and always was a character drama that used its existential and absurd streak to draw characters unlike any we've ever seen on TV.

But all you care about is DUDE MYSTERY??? WHERE ARE ANSWERS???
>>
So was there even an implied cause to the SD?
>>
>>83598868

The Leftovers S3 got great ratings and the best critic scores of the series. What makes you think he's going away?
>>
>>83598883
the characters are fucking trash
the mysteries were stupid

the show is bad and it will be completely forgotten in a month
>>
S1>S2>S3

I didn't hate the ending, it just felt very weak. What I wish this show never broke is the ambiguity of the supernatural, but they broke that in S2 when Kevin died and came back.
>>
>>83598933

Go back to /GoT/ pleb
>>
>>83598909
The russians did it.
>>
>>83598933
The Leftovers>The Wire>Sopranos

this will be argued for years to come
>>
>>83598958
why would i do that? the walking dead is obviously superior to GoT and leftovers
>>
>>83598868
This season was critically acclaimed and is going to win emmy's you turd. He will definitely be writing again.
>>
>>83598856
Guilty Remnant literally randomly nuked off the face of the Earth because who gives a shit about writing conclusions or anything. Done with this conversation.
>>
>>83596910
>Kevin accepted long ago that a story’s veracity matters less than the purpose it serves.

And finally dove nun taught Nora to accept this. And they all lived happily ever after

BRAVO (unironically)
>>
>>83598964
>>83598909
My head cannon says mad science experiment. One of those, end humanity to save humanity type of things.
>>
>>83598953
S2=S3>S1
>>
There are no shows with as little care for structure as the Leftovers, and that's a huge compliment. It's ahead of it's time in that respect so I understand why a lot of people don't like it.
>>
>>83598924
> The Leftovers S3 got great ratings
That's why it's almost get cancelled and got shortened season?
>>
>>83598649
>hurr durr it ends with a bomb in a dream sequence theres no closure what a hack lindelof is finished

Yeah right
>>
>>83598295
Except she does. Nora is The Skeptic and Kevin is The Believer.

It's not that they're all lying at first and then they all tell the truth. It's that Nora's reaction to a nice story is to push it away and call it false, whereas Kevin's reaction to a nice story is to cling to it because it feels better to accept it as true. The comparison to be made is in how they each tend to react or cope with a given situation.

He's even willing to kill himself for something he doesn't believe because whether or not it's true doesn't matter nearly as much as the purpose the story serves for the people around him and for the peace he might find afterwards.
>>
>>83594780
>>83594532
Let the mystery be
>>
>>83598953
it bugs me, they did all kinds of crazy supernatural shit in Season 2 , and now in Season 3 they're back to the DUDE KEVIN IS JUST CRAZY MAYBE ITS ALL IN HIS HEAD LMAO

FUCK YOU LINDELOF
>>
>>83599070
It's all about what that bomb means to kevin and the story.
>>
>>83599058
It almost got cancelled cause no one watched it. It happens to plenty of shows. Arrested development
>>
>>83599047
There are also no shows with as little care for thematic content and character development.
>>
>>83598977

I don't think anything will be compared to The Wire and Sopranos ever again even if it deserves to be mentioned in the same breath. The way we consume tv shows now with the saturated market and binge watching, it prevents shows from reaching that mythical tier.
>>
>>83599047
This.
Most complaints are either with the "unsolved" "mysteries", like it was another lost or something.
Or with the shows break from convention.

If either of those two things changed about the show, I know I would have liked it far less.
>>
>>83598977
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>83598909
Yeah. Reality split apart and some people went to a parallel universe.
>>
>we spent all of our budget on this old person makeup so we'll just let Nora tell you the end of the story instead of showing you the thing the entire series has been building up to

Worse than Lost.
>>
>>83598924
>he thinks ratings matter for tv shows

lol. the only thing that matters is how many people were watching it, and the leftovers was a complete failure since day 1. barely anyone watched it, that's why it was cut short and basically cancelled.
>>
File: 1495082039641.png (529KB, 658x960px) Image search: [Google]
1495082039641.png
529KB, 658x960px
>>83598977
hold on now
>>
i keep going from god damnit that sucked to jesus that was awesome.

Ultimately i think its nice, we got a happy, sweet ending. just like the finale in each season.
>>
Tried to watch this once, couldn't make it beyond that retarded teen party. Since it keeps getting threads Im sure that theres something about it but holy shit I dont want those teenagers
>>
It's funny because everywhere that matters excluding 4chan--who didn't watch it-- and reddit--who didn't understand it--thinks the finale was great.
>>
>>83599165
Jseus christ you fucking imbecile. The point of the finale was that they don't show it because she's obviously lying but Kevin still comforts her and forgives her.
>>
I really don't understand how anyone could have liked that finale or found it emotional, it was like they outsourced the ending to netflix or some shit.
>>
>>83599237
literally don't even know what you're talking about.

Also you can basically skip season 1.
>>
File: 1496672892418.jpg (122KB, 1278x1181px) Image search: [Google]
1496672892418.jpg
122KB, 1278x1181px
>expect a huge biblical finale, maybe with a lot of CGI and a big flood
>its just nora driving her bike around at night in australia
>>
The fact that Laurie just went for a fun scuba dive instead of killing herself made her entire boring episode even worse.
>>
>>83599165

>Showing the entire thing the series has building up to

Are people who hate s3 this fucking dense? Do you have any idea what this show is even about? Do you not understand why that literally undoes the entire core theme of the show?
>>
>>83599237
they ditch the entire teen subplot after S1 without ever mentioning the characters again
>>
>>83599237
then skip it retard, everyone just watched it for Matt and Kevin anyway.
>>
>>83599165
>Missing the point this badly

Holy shit /tv/ is really stupid.
>>
>>83599237
Jill is the only character from that scene that matters. There is a bunch of teen angst from her, but that is not what the show focuses on.
>>83599261
retard
>>
File: Screenshot_20170605-165015.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170605-165015.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>83595061
>>
This shit is so boring
No wonder the plebs here like it
>>
>>83599165
Except they intentionally do not show it, it being Nora calling off the experiment or Nora going to the other dimension, so that it is a polarizing part of the show and the ambiguity of whether she is lying or telling the truth is maintained.

We know, you just wanna see the cool sci-fi time travel and apocalyptic Mapleton.
>>
this show is a jerk off. a dry jerk off. and the person jerking you off is actually a dog

LET THE MYSTERY B
>>
>>83599336
> calls the leftovers boring
> probably watches better call saul
>>
>people actually arguing about whether nora was lying or not
why the fuck do you care? it's a shitty ending either way.
>>
>>83599357
Nop
Try again
>>
>>83599347
It's already been demonstrated that people like you either A) did not watch it B) did not understand it or C) think cool explosions are patrician
>>
>>83599393
It's already been demonstrated that people like you are either A) damon lindelof B) being paid by damon lindelof or C) being paid by hbo to shill for damon lindelof
>>
>Retard capeshit/TWD/GoT fans watch the leftovers and don't understand why it doesn't have some big crazy plot driven ending
>This confuses and enrages them
>FUCK YOU LINDELOFT ITS JUST LIKE LOST

Has a group of users on this site ever been BTFO so hard?
>>
>>83599262
>expect a huge biblical finale

You are clinically retarded and never understood the show, go back to GoT
>>
>>83598454
>tfw all the people who did jobs to make your life easier arent around anymore
>>
I like how the ending treated Kevin and the entire story about his delusions as non-existent, because what I REALLY cared about was Nora and if she got over her loss or not. Very intelligent writing.
>>
Someone start a new thread
>>
File: asdfgsdag.jpg (95KB, 500x680px) Image search: [Google]
asdfgsdag.jpg
95KB, 500x680px
I hope I wasn't the only one who thought of this when she fell off the bike.
>>
it's been a fun ride bois
>>
NEW:
>>83599912
>>83599912
>>83599912
>>
>>83596026
best post in the entire thread
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.