[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is he not a Thing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: The Thing - Clark.jpg (200KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
The Thing - Clark.jpg
200KB, 700x700px
He was alone with the dog a lot and was acting strange the whole movie.
>>
>>83585180
He was fucking dogs
>>
>The Thing was smart enough to infect Blaire and then pretend to be raving mad so they would lock him up somewhere secluded for a week to build his spaceship
>>
after all these years people still think that Robert Joesph MacCready is not thing.
>>
>>83585344
So was The Thing going to infect the rest of the world or just go home?
>>
>>83585180

too obvious
>>
>>83585753
when would he have been turned? We have eyes on him pretty much the whole movie
>>
>>83585781

>"Where was it trying to go?"
>"Anywhere but here."

The Thing was constantly on the move. Like any kind of parasite, it was just trying to survive.
>>
>>83585781
i think it's goal is to infect everything. if it only wanted to get home there are several opportunities for it to kill everyone off and work in peace

but the thing doesn't want to kill humans. if wants to inhabit as many as possible

which makes me wonder, if the Thing took over every person on earth would it stop pretending to be the all the human forms?
>>
how would you prove you're not a Thing to the rest of the group?

difficulty: you are actually a Thing
>>
>>83585180
He's a red herring to throw you off the trail.
>>
>>83586073
I would shoot at them with my revolver!
>>
>>83586019
what if we're already things
>>
File: The.Thing.webm (3MB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
The.Thing.webm
3MB, 1280x544px
>lose a chess game
>destroy the computer so no one else can play

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>83586158
You wish.
>>
>>83586185
it's a forshadowing of burning down the facility
>>
>>83585180

Maybe it assumed that if the humans found out about it the dog guy would be a prime suspect, he was too obvious.
>>
>>83585180
He was a red herring, these characters are designed to make you suspect the innocent guy instead of the guilty guy so it will be surprising when the guilty is exposed.
>>
in the book they were all drinking milk from infected Thing cows without knowing it
>>
>>83586019
The Thing is not a disease. It does not infect and live inside you - it replaces you on a cellular level. There's nothing left of the victim.
>>
>>83586505
but if it reached its end goal of infecting everyone on earth would it still be the pretend human forms?

what is that whole interim form it takes on when attacking someone else or dying?
>>
File: The.Thing - dog.webm (3MB, 988x420px) Image search: [Google]
The.Thing - dog.webm
3MB, 988x420px
is a dog an actor
>>
>>83586073
>When no one's looking, try to infect all the dogs before the scientists euthanize them, but this time I actually succeed in infecting all of them
>Bring one around with me on a leash everywhere I go, pointing out that all the normie dogs instinctively shunned The Thing when they first put it in the dog pen
>The researchers quickly comprehend my flawless logic and all get (infected) dogs of their own
>The dogs all turn on them
>We're all The Thing now
>Arctic researchers couldn't handle my bantz

SmugPepe.jpg
>>
>>83586185
>>83586249
Why the fuck did no one go "Wtf, I hate Snake Plissken now!"?

He just destroyed their only computer. That was their only means of accessing 3.5 megabytes worth of stored Playboy folds. He just ruined their entire fishing trip just because he couldn't beat Deep Blue Version Two. What the fuck was his problem?
>>
>>83586686
He was paid in kibbles and bits
>>
Are there more horror movies out there where the protagonists aren't idiots?
>>
>>83586073
the blood test
>>
>>83587293
now everyone knows you're a Thing
>>
>>83586073
Infect someone else and then throw them under the bus to distract everyone from myself
>>
>>83586686
Pretty good performance
>>
>>83587440
i dont think a Thing can "out" another Thing
>>
>>83586494
What book?
>>
>>83585180
If the thing really was intelligent it would probably be a good idea not to do anything suspicious around the one guy who spends most of his time around dogs.
>>
>>83587515
movie is based on a short story called Who Goes There?

the source has a few more sci fi elements, and only involves the American research base with like 35 people

it was clever how they adapted it for the screenplay, letting the norwegian team be the original ones to find the Thing and the american crew being the second group that have to deal with it
>>
>>83585781

I think it wanted to fly to another continent to infect the rest.
>>
>>83586686

It's a wolf-dog hybrid that's why it's behaviour was so strange.
>>
>>83587491
Why not?
If the goal is survival, there might be a situation where both of them would be discovered and burned unless one of them outed the other.
>>
>>83587180
Don't tell Eric Roberts
>>
Was the Thong a metaphor for diabetes?
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.