[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Man Who Killed Don Quixote

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0541.jpg (364KB, 1242x1471px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0541.jpg
364KB, 1242x1471px
>they finally finished shooting The Man Who Killed Don Quixote

Took 'em long enough.

Does anyone here think that this'll turn out good? Or is it gonna be the Duke Nukem Forever of kino?
>>
>>83584367
What's this op?
>>
>>83584394
Terry Gilliam's famously damned-to-development-hell adaptation of Don Quixote is finally finished with shooting. There was a documentary about it in the early 2000's, Lost In La Mancha, narrated by real nigga Jeff bridges.
>>
>>83584367
I really hope it will be good. I like Gilliam's aesthetic a lot.
>>
>>83584367

is it going to be exactly like the book?

im currently reading it right now very slowly
>>
File: IMG_0959.jpg (71KB, 833x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0959.jpg
71KB, 833x1000px
No one cares
>>
>>83584367
>muchas gracias
CULTURAL APPROPRIATION RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>83586586
It's not a direct adaptation, as far as I know. Something about a dude finding out all Don Quixote's crazy shit was real and in essence BECOMES Don Quixote.

Take that with a grain of salt though, I don't actually know.
>>
What kind of photoshop shit is going on in that picture? This can't be real
>>
brazil is a god awful movie. reddit loves it though.
>>
>>83587496
Is it? I haven't seen it yet, but it's gotta have acclaim for some reason.
>>
>>83584367
Nah, that was Welles' Don Quixote (which has some outstanding moments, though). Hiring Jesus Franco, the most Z of all directors that have ever lived, to recompose it was sort of a terrible idea.

Gilliam actually lived to finish it.
>>
>>83588480
>the most Z of all directors that have ever lived
Is he like worse than Roger Corman-tier?
>>
>>83588603
Yep. Corman did some good movies in his long career. Jess Franco was famous because he made some lesbo-vampire Z-films with his wife.

They hired Franco because he was second unit in Don Quixote, but truth is, the film was bad from the beginning and just an excuse for Welles to have holidays in Spain.
>>
>>83588791
>he was second unit in Don Quixote
In Chimes at Midnight.

And also, no, the film wasn't supposed to be "bad". There are a lot of great scenes here and there, amongst the kilometres of shit. The thing is, in production, the film lasted literal decades to make: actors dying, the whole debacle on Orson Welles' later career, a million ways to fund it that never went anywhere (even funding to make a documentary on Don Quixote by the Italian Television that he used on the film, and which images were later used by Franco in the editing: literal outtakes, the madman!)... To top that, the postproduction added (post-mortem) the terrible dubbing, the nigh incoherent montage and the awful restoration of certain parts.

If you wanna check out a film about "Orson Welles' vacation in Spain", F for Fake is more like it. Certainly not a "excuse".
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.