[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

He did it.... He fucking did. It's a fucking masterpiece.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 335
Thread images: 30

File: leftoverposter1.jpg (609KB, 1200x1777px) Image search: [Google]
leftoverposter1.jpg
609KB, 1200x1777px
He did it.... He fucking did. It's a fucking masterpiece.
>>
He should have let the mystery be
>>
>>83580345
I am legit surprised.
>>
Masterpiece.
>>
>>83580345
So can we stop calling lindelof a hack now?
>>
>>83580531
Yes. He's redeemed himself
>>
>the machine worked
>in the other world 98% of the population disappeared
>she then saw her children but wanted to go back
>she then met the creator of the machine and made him make another one
>she then went back
I don't know if this is genius or the ass pull of the fucking century
>>
what happened someone spoil me, I don't have time to sit through a new season
>>
Worst series finale ever. A laughable joke.
>>
Laurie didn't kill herself?

Fuck this shit.
>>
>>83580708
I just realized this

WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>83580647
You don't need to believe the story. The idea of telling ourselves a nice story in order to deal with loss is literally the theme of the show.
>>
>>83580708
Yeah, that makes her episode so much worse.
>>
>>83580746
>bad writing is okay if it caters to my feels

ya, na
>>
>>83580708
The fact that you didn't see her in the next episode should have told you that
>>
What a lackluster finale. holy shit. What a shit ending. "It's a mastapiecE!!!"
Truly this is the dark era of television if this shit is considered kino.

1. She obviously didn't fucking go there
2. Kevin wasn't a prophet nor had any impact
3. Nothing happened on the seventh year
4. Laurie went for a casual scuba dive on one of the most eventful days in her life. (Even though it was heavily implied that it was going to be a suicide).
>>
so now that the show has ended we will finally see what the true opinions of the show are tomorrow, when the shills stop posting.
>>
So she lied to Kevin about going there and he just believed her. They are still really bad for eachother.
>>
Do I need to watch the rest of the season before I watch the finale? I watched Seasons 1 and 2.
>>
>>83581104
No, you don't need to.
>>
>>83581104
not really. Nothing really happens in Season 3
>>
>Show's premise is about something supernatural happening
>Rest of the show just merely hinting and in the finale nothing happens

hacks
>>
>>83580988

> 1. She obviously didn't fucking go there

Agreed

> 2. Kevin wasn't a prophet nor had any impact

He definitely was a prophet - he's the only person in the show with confirmed supernatural experiences. Unclear whether or not he had an impact (all we know is that he returned to Jarden and worked as a police chief for 10 or so years)

> 3. Nothing happened on the seventh year

That's the point - all the character whipped themselves into a frenzy over nothing because, despite the progress of S2, they still hadn't moved on from the departure

> 4. Laurie went for a casual scuba dive on one of the most eventful days in her life. (Even though it was heavily implied that it was going to be a suicide).

I think she considered suicide but decided against it - it's a hopeful ending.
>>
>>83580345

I feel like the season could have been an episode longer and instead of everything Kevin and Nora talked about just being a conversation they actually could have shown it.

I feel like it would have given a bit more emotional impact.
>>
>>83581104
this is the television equivalent of that guy who took albums and burned a copy with only the songs he liked on it
>>
>>83581295
whoosh
>>
>>83581295
>everything Kevin and Nora talked about just being a conversation they actually could have shown it.
Nora was lying
>>
>>83581295
Shown what? Jill being married?? Or Tom's shaky marriage?
Because if you mean Jill's travel to the other world then that didn't fucking happen bruv
>>
>>83581398
Nora's ***
>>
>>83581099
Good. Good for each other. Learn2relationship sad frog.
>>
>>83581364
They could have at least shown Kevin trying to find her for years, show how hard it was on him. Instead we get a minute of him yelling about it.

It just didn't hit those emotional notes for me the way I was hoping the season finale would.
>>
I love how everyone is 100% certain in their interpretation and shitting on the episode for it lel. There's literally nothing to tell you Nora lies or didnt
>>
>>83581163

That's the message though, being faced with existential questions about life, death, and god only to be let down when we are given the answer.

Remember that poem Patti recited for Kevin when he had her tied up in the shack? It's about the futility of never being satisfied and always trying to fill the hole in our hearts. If god himself appeared and gave us all the answers to the questions that plagued us we'd still not feel fulfilled.
>>
>>83581523
It's a Lindelof show. Of course she fucking lied.
>>
>>83581304
this is the television equivalent of a band creating 4 albums without a single decent song on them
>>
>>83581523
except whole episode was focused on lying
>>
So why did the people disappear? I still don't understand
>>
I think the point is that none of the other shit really matters. Whether or not she saw her family after "successfully" going through isnt the main point. Point is is that her "family" moved on despite what happened and she was still clinging onto the departure. The holy hugs and cults were only there for people constantly searching for answers. Everything was answered and nothing was answered. All that matters in the end is that they have each other....or what i just said could all just be bullshit idk you guys are impossible to please
>>
>>83581647
a bug in the matrix
>>
File: 1450588259677.gif (2MB, 245x276px) Image search: [Google]
1450588259677.gif
2MB, 245x276px
Kino's Out of the Menu Boys.
tfw it was masterpiece.
>>
>>83581523
>IT'S AMBIGUOUS GUIZ PLS U DONT KNO FOR SURE

Shut the fuck up man.

1. Nora is a lying depressed cunt who told that story to herself. The entire premise is retarded. Why even bother coming back if she was going to live a secluded life? Also? She's been lying about everything.

2. Story is ridden with plotholes (Scientist makes a machine but doesn't let others use it? Why wouldn't everyone make it back? Or make it a business? Why not split the population in half, this way everyone benefits?
3. Nothing supernatural has ever happened in this series, everything has been vague except the departed in episode 1.
4. Obviously the turn of the series the writers chose was for it to be entirely focused on the drama and relationship with no regard to the scifi / mystery element (which is a shame).

5. Lindelhack will probably say it's open to interpretation.
>>
She never really went through. She changed her mind at the last second. It's just a nice story she tells herself. The show is all about nice stories we tell ourselves to deal with the mystery of death.

Bravo, Lindelof.
>>
>>83581738
this
you even see her change her mind last second before it cuts away. How is this even open for interpretation?
>>
File: 1371614267969.jpg (12KB, 424x394px) Image search: [Google]
1371614267969.jpg
12KB, 424x394px
>>83581647
I knew Lindeloff wouldn't tell us

but I'M STILL PISSED
>>
>>83581541
>If god himself appeared and gave us all the answers to the questions that plagued us we'd still not feel fulfilled.

Speak for yourself. Even the dumbest answer would be fine. Actually, knowing god's existence is an answer in itself, that would be enough.
>>
so where the fuck did her real kids go, the ones she met were not her kids they were from some other nora
>>
>>83581656
>impossible to please

premise of the show is a vanishing of 2% of the population
3 seasons not a single fucking hint of where those people went.

Even if they decided to show us a whole fucking cluster of dead frozen people in space that would have been better than this vague ass fucking ambiguous bullshit.
>>
The goat/hill scene with Nora Sisyphus Christ was very kino. Well done, Damon.
>>
>>83581723
>Nothing supernatural has ever happened in this series

get a load of this guy
>>
>>83581853
?????????????????

What?

What are you saying?

We don't know what happened to the people that departed.
>>
>>83581950
In a way they didn't go anywhere. To them 98% of the population suddenly vanished.
>>
>tfw Damon should have stopped at the penultimate episode but after years of faggots assraged over LOST DIDN'T EXPLAIN EVERYTHING TO ME he had to give it a normie ending

Theme of the show is literally let the mystery be and fucker answers a bunch of mysteries at the end.
>>
>>83581979
Still no explanation for all the supernatural shit Kevin experiences/does.
>>
>>83581913
Ah yes I too remember the famous story of Sisyphus saving a goat on a hill.
>>
File: 1476813435521.png (194KB, 440x432px) Image search: [Google]
1476813435521.png
194KB, 440x432px
>>83581979
WEW
E
W

Are there actually this many retards on this board?
>>
>>83581979
>>83581978
?????????????????????????????

Nora was lying.
How dense are you?
>>
>>83582043
In a way she wasn't and that's the lie you're telling yourself to cope with it. Oh snap
>>
Man, I felt this episode was quite boring. There was no need to focus on Nora for so long. It felt like a shitty season finale compared to seasons 2 and 1. Maybe that's just because I don't really like Nora as a character.

I'm willing to forgive the series finale being shit though, because the episode before it is probably one of my favorite eps of the show.
>>
>>83581978

so the universe like split into 2, that's fucked up mang
>>
So now that it's all over I can say without a doubt in my mind that the Murphy family was a complete waste of time and I actually hate them more now than I did in Season 2.
>>
>>83582029
Don't be obtuse. The Sisyphean imagery was apparent.
>>
What was Kevin trying to achieve with that whole "lol we only talked like once" charade?
>>
Season 1 >> Season 2 >>> Season 3
>>
How the fucks did Kevin keep coming back to life
>>
>>83582080
What?

I'm pissed because nothing happened? I am wishing something did. I want to believe but I can't.
>>
>>83581723

1. That's the entire reason why it's potentially ambiguous. Kevin was also lying but came clean in the end.

2. They were for all intents and purposes murdering people and had no proof it worked.

3. Lel

4. Agreed there. I felt like the series was never focused on Nora and Kevin's relationship and then all of a sudden that's the entire focus in the finale.
>>
>People are actually upset about the lack of answers

/tv/ was a mistake
>>
American Gods is much better than this
>>
>>83582368
its the lack of resolution of any plot lines and introduction of new plot lines.

in a series finale.
>>
>>83582415

Every plotline was resolved though...
>>
Why the fuck would Nora lie?

>Kevin is mortal after nuking the other place he goes

I liked that desu
>>
File: face.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
face.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>83581889

let the mystery be
>>
WHY WASN'T JILL IN THE FINALE

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>83580384
>>83580647

She lied, otherwise why is she back in Australia when she travelled to the USA and presumably transported herself back from there.

>>83580708
The finale was all about returning to life and turning away from death.
>>
>>83582158
pls respond
>>
>>83582657
>>83582158
To make the first half of the episode feel more mysterious until saying "fuck it" and shit up everything quickly because its time to end the series but we never planned for this
>>
>>83582657

He literally said why in the show, did you even watch it?
>>
>>83581979
>finally explains shit
>everyone believes his explanation is BS and they're just pretending
Even when he tries he loses
>>
>>83580345
The show looked stupid. Y'all are retards for wasting time with this shit show.
>>
>>83582414
No
>>
So what's with the goat? Was it Nora accepting that she'd done something wrong?
>>
File: kev.jpg (68KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
kev.jpg
68KB, 1280x718px
Is Matt's son is going to forget his face and voice?
>>
>>83582747
Season 2 was pure unadulterated Kino and that makes it worth the lackluster S3
>>
>>83582414
Anything is better than this Lost copy cat.
>>
>>83582645
>She lied, otherwise why is she back in Australia when she travelled to the USA and presumably transported herself back from there.

She had to find the doctor dumbass. Considering they were working out of Australia and LIVED there it's safe to say the creator did too. Not the US.

How do you people not pay attention to the clearest shit and then complain when things aren't answered.
>>
The only thing we never really got an answer for (or any kind of ambiguous explanation) was the exploding sewer and car full of old ladies in "The Garveys at their Best" back in season one.

Otherwise, I'm satisfied.
>>
goddamn awful, why did they make it about norah? the finale may have actually worked had it been from Kevin's POV, Nora's character barely existed in S3.
>>
Anyone else notice how she chose Cairo, Egypt during the madlib?
>>
>>83582907

Pretend the last episode was the penultimate. The finale was the normie episode for people who needed answers.
>>
>>83582903
The exploding sewer was a gas leak, the old ladies legitimately thought he was someone else. We try to make significance out of sequential strange, unexpected events, Kevin certainly did.

That's my interpretation, at least.
>>
>>83582989
Damn. You know what? I take back what I said. That works for me too, anon.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/13116154/r
>>
The one thing I don't get now that its finished was the first bit at the beginning of season 2.
This finale was a bit of a letdown, they could have done it so much better. The goat bit and matt and noras convo was the only good part.
>>
>>83582883
>How do you people not pay attention to the clearest shit and then complain when things aren't answered.

But it's not really answered, it could easily be a lie and the entire episode make hints for that, Lindelof wanted it to be ambiguous, the same way for Kevin's afterlife and the heart condition, was it all hallucination?

Nora says she never lies, when we know she lies all the time, we never see entirely submerged in the machine, we never see her in the other world, and don't forget when she was saying the nun was a liar.
"I'm not trying to sell you anything, but it's a nice story."
>>
>>83580881
>writing is okay if it caters to my feels
That's the fucking point asshat
>>
>>83582883
They weren't working out of Australia, the team moved around to avoid detection and arrest, Mark Linn‑Baker said they were originally based in Switzerland and that they stay mobile.
He himself met them in Phoenix
>>
>but muh answers!

why are some of you here so fucking dense
>>
if she was lying and the whole point of the show is that everything is vague when it comes to supernatural things then how the fuck do you explain kevin surviving a literal shotgun shot at his chest? its like lindeloff completely forgot about the arc of kevin constantly resurrecting despite the fact that its the central theme of s2 and s3. i expected a better ending, specially because of how kino s1 and s2 was.
>>
>>83583141

None of that changes the fact that the being back in Australia makes sense regardless of whether she lied.
>>
>>83583205
>if she was lying and the whole point of the show is that everything is vague when it comes to supernatural things

wat
>>
File: 1496503256353.jpg (14KB, 480x474px) Image search: [Google]
1496503256353.jpg
14KB, 480x474px
>how did Kevin keep coming back to life
>where did the people go
>what the fuck was the other world Kevin blew up

This was lazy writing

>IT'S KINO BECAUSE IT LEAVES EVERYTHING UP TO RANDOM FAR REACHING INTERPRETATION

kill yourself
>>
She didn't go through you morons. It "made a better story". Did anyone pay attention to what the nun said?
>>
>>83583221
we really don't know if the creator of the machine was in australia. see >>83583193
>>
File: Facebookprofilbild_Kinoskylt.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Facebookprofilbild_Kinoskylt.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
BRAVO DAMON
>>
This thread has me convinced that /tv/ is full of retards, some of the shit I am reading here oh boy.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh5WhfiR78k
>>
>>83583253
Maybe she did to balance the theme
>>
I WANNA SMOTHER MY FACE IN NORA'S ASS!!!

Who agrees?
>>
>>83583313
Its a reddit sub-board that sometimes produces OC. You shouldve known that from the start.
>>
>>83583221
She might have come back because it was the last place she saw Kevin and she couldn't leave it alone even though she knew where he was, she wanted to hide and she wanted him to find her.

Just realised that she represented the science answers and Kevin represented the spiritual answers. And they came together, then fought then split and eventually they found each other.
>>
Just started watching the first episode. Those white clothed people are annoying as fuck
>>
>>83583329
Same here, anon.

I'll miss this show.
>>
>>83583329
good god i'll fap to that scene a lot
>>
File: 20160203182128132_21648.gif (83KB, 400x301px) Image search: [Google]
20160203182128132_21648.gif
83KB, 400x301px
>>83580345

While one could argue that The Departure itself didn't need to be answered, there's still other odd occurrences that came out of nowhere throughout the series and were completely forgotten.

Namely, Kevin surviving being poisoned, drowned and literally shot with a shotgun point-blank only to inexplicably returning from the dead.

The Departure not being answered is not important. After all, the series was always focused more on the existential dread of humanity after such an event than the event itself.

But why the fuck would you introduce literally inmortal characters that you see die and get back on screen only to completely forget about it on the last episode?

>b-but my hallucinations

Shut the fuck up. We saw Kevin DIE ON SCREEN multiple times, one of which was by something no one would be able to survive (the shotgun).

That's enough of an indicator to affirm that Kevin was indeed immortal, yet it goes unanswered.

Truly a fucking lame ending for a show that had shown in past seasons to be kino as fuck. I'm not mad, just disappointing.
>>
>>83583313
it's like when they talk about lost and say they were all dead all along
>>
>tfw haven't cried at a movie or show since I was a kid but the old Norah and Kevin scenes got me real close
Idk what it was but they hit me pretty hard desu
>>
Fuck that shit. Telling us what happend ruings the whole fucking thing. THE SONG SAYS "ILL JUST LET THE MYSTERY BE" FOR FUCKS SAKE! The point of the show wasnt what happened on the 17th it was about the characters and how they deal with it. Any magician could tell you that any mystery becomes uninteresting once it is explained. Fuck the finale. Honestly, the show shouldn't have gone past season 1. Season 2 sucked because it was all about supernatural bullshit, and seasn 3 looked like it was heading in the right direction with all the supernatural false flags and re-grounding, but then I knew it was going bad when they brought back the "kevin going to the afterlife" shit. From ow on if I talk about this show to people I will tell them to watch season 1 and then stop.
>>
>>83583499
This is only my speculation, BUT Kevin destroyed his chance at immortality by destroying his afterlife/"other place" in the last episode.

Now that he can no longer go back, he is definitely mortal - see the discussion about the heart defect
>>
>>83583575
but we don't know if she was telling the truth anon :^)
>>
>>83583637
You know, pretty much as soon as I pressed submit, I read >>83581738
and now I feel kinda silly. That post makes the most sense. Still hate season 2 and the afterlife stuff though.
>>
>>83583575
she is lying you moron
>>
>>83583575
How can you be this dumb? Go watch Big Brother or Family Feud instead. You don't have the brain capacity for this.
>>
>>83583692
>>83583738

>>83583684
>>
File: Kino_Logo.png (42KB, 373x190px) Image search: [Google]
Kino_Logo.png
42KB, 373x190px
>>83581738
BRAVO
>>
>>83580988
>>83581225
>She obviously didn't fucking go there

But they ended up showing her holding her breath and the liquid filling the tank. So what happened to her? Because we do see her go through with the experiment. I don't think they would have shown that shot if they weren't saying it actually happened, because the series has never had a habit of doing that. It would be stupid for them to pull that twice too; have it seem like she stopped the experiment, then shown that she actually didn't, but somehow imply then that she actually did stop it? Doesn't make any sense. She went through with the experiment, and her story was far too detailed to be fabrication. So you're wrong.
>>
So basically they wanted to create a finally that captures the difficulties of the sudden departure
It offers no firm conclusion on what is the truth or what is a lie
It hints at a massive supernatural event while debunking any supernatural explanation
Viewers are left with the frustration of wondering what exactly happened, and only have the option of accepting whatever truth they wanted
Its all just a mystery that many will argue about and hopefully find an answer they can accept in time
>>
>>83583499
Have you realised that Michael Murphy wasn't believing in "Kevin's prophecy" at the end? Maybe, MAYBE, he dug a place to Kevin feel like he was "reborn", like the poison on him wasn't letal... so people would believe in Michael's grandpa. Michael loved his grandfather more than anything.
About being shot: it wasn't a shotgun and people can survive one shot. Maybe that is what caused the heart condition, idk.
About being drowned: Kevin's father took him out of the bathtub, he said that.
>>83583530
Nora made me cry several times desu, what a woman.
>>
>>83583831
>her story was far too detailed to be fabrication

>I woke up in the same parking lot
>found an empty store, got some clothes
>found a couple who were nice and filled me in
>traveled to America on a boat
>Went to Mapleton, took a long time
>Saw my kids, husband, and a "pretty woman"
>Didn't want to disturb them; they seem happy
>Got the scientist who invented the machine to make his own machine and send me home

Her story wasn't terribly detailed, and she could have made it up on the spot, or thought about it as a "what if I followed through" kind of thing in the years after she told them to stop.
>>
File: gun.jpg (398KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
gun.jpg
398KB, 1280x720px
>>83583499
it was a revolver, not a shotgun.
>>
>the whole show was just Noras experience in some purgatory after she died all the while trying to explain her own death to herself
>>
>>83582119
what's the matter anon don't like the fireman mafia?
>>
>>83583831
the liquid doesn't completely fill and the scene cuts when she obviously yells STOP.
people think its a gasp but you can clearly hear a SSSST
open to interpretation or whatever but she totally lied. all nora does is lie
>>
>>83584061
But they showed her going through with the experiment, and this show does not have any history of unreliable scenes, scenes they show us that didn't really happen. It was such a brief shot too, it seems very unlikely that they would incorporate this if they didn't mean for us to know what really happened. I've always trusted what they've shown us; not necessarily what the characters say, but what the camera shows. I think the show-makers take that responsibility seriously. So since they showed us her following through with it, I believe it.

>>83584211
They showed the shot again though and she finished holding her breath.
>>
I'm so pissed I fell for the hype
>>
>>83584061
>>83584211
just to be clear, the first time it seems like she is about to say something, but the second time we see her finish taking the breath
>>
>>83584233
>>83584279
what second time?
when she says she went through when talking to kevin they reuse the exact same shot as before except with no sound
>>
File: IMG_1499.jpg (67KB, 650x385px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1499.jpg
67KB, 650x385px
I'm so happy that Laurie didn't kill herself.

Fuck Nora. What a fucking crybaby bitch. Just accept that you didn't go through the machine and will never see your children again.

Fucking mongoloid cunt.
>>
>>83584312
I thought it was about a second longer, and we see the liquid rise further. I'll need to watch it again though.
>>
>>83584077
shot directly at his heart and at a distance that would be fatal. my point still stands.
>>
>>83584233

You make a fair point anon, BUT I think we also have to take into account what they didn't show - they didn't show Nora actually showing up on the other side. They could have done so, especially if they truly intended for Nora to have gone through to the other side.

Instead, they leave that out, and its ambiguous. But I think the omission of that potential scene says that the answer about Nora going to the other side isn't so clear-cut.
>>
File: idkwhattotypehere.jpg (114KB, 366x440px) Image search: [Google]
idkwhattotypehere.jpg
114KB, 366x440px
>>83584343
>Lauriefans
She left her family to become a professional smoker. Made her daughter hate her. Didn't say goodbye to her husband. Got blacked. Became an imposter to "make people happy".
Poor you.
>>
File: holiday-billie-5377d1e3426ff.jpg (566KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
holiday-billie-5377d1e3426ff.jpg
566KB, 1920x1080px
at least the music throughout the episode was 10/10
>>
File: Capture.jpg (154KB, 1317x953px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
154KB, 1317x953px
The concept of being submerged in a liquid that will solidify into a rock around you made me nope so hard
>>
what goes through your mind when this hits?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gsvda1AP6wo
>>
Am I wrong for wanting to bang the pregnant Australian bride?
>>
>that horrifying shot of leatherface in her underwear and no shot of carrie in hers

HACK ALERT HACK ALERT HACK ALERT
>>
Kevin's after life scenes are proved to be somewhat reliable because he sees his dad and in this season his dad explains that what Kevin saw really happened (Gods tongue). Then the ugly fro bitch tells Kevin the same thing Nora later tells Kevin. If Nora lied about it, what are the odds that it matches with the same exact thing that Kevin's limbo world tells him.
>>
Is it possible for somebody to be nominated twice for emmys? Carrie coon needs to be for this and Fargo
>>
>>83584388
I guess I want to believe her story more than the alternative, and that could be the point. But when they are at the wedding and she leaves Kevin, she also says she can't stay because what he's saying "isn't true." And then when he comes back and tells her the truth, I figured she was trading her true story for his. But it could very well be that she's lying, especially if they used the exact same shot like >>83584312 said.
>>
>>83584546
>> Max Richter is a genius.
>>
File: IMG_1502.gif (967KB, 500x244px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1502.gif
967KB, 500x244px
Fuck Nora.

Meg was best girl.
>>
>>83582989
>We try to make significance out of sequential strange, unexpected events.

Anyone who uses /pol/ and has seen the rise of kek and kekistan bullshit will have firsthand knowledge of this.
>>
File: IMG_1503.jpg (48KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1503.jpg
48KB, 500x362px
Why didn't Meg get more episodes? She was the best character.
>>
>>83584644
At least we got a sex tape in the real world of those two licking each other's assholes

Can't complain!
>>
>>83584727
Because she fucking bombed a city and died.
>>
File: 1495473097297.jpg (61KB, 848x529px) Image search: [Google]
1495473097297.jpg
61KB, 848x529px
Kevin looking like roger from mad men this episode.
>>
>>83584577
Kevin killed himself in the dream, so he can't go back.
>>
>>83584740
>>83584740
>>83584740
>>83584740
what
>>
>>83580647
Notice how the only proof of this is her word. We are not shown any of it. It could have all been a delusional lie.
>>
>>83584787
where were you last year? everyone in this thread probably has a copy on their hd
>>
Well that was underwhelming,it wasn't bad just a little disappointing
>>
File: IMG_1504.jpg (80KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1504.jpg
80KB, 720x480px
>>83584727
What was even Meg's backstory?

Did they ever explain why she was such a weird crazy cunt?
>>
>>83584860
must've missed got a link perhaps?
>>
File: 1468820595157.jpg (85KB, 804x802px) Image search: [Google]
1468820595157.jpg
85KB, 804x802px
>>83584693
I understand this more than I care to admit.

The human mind is designed to try and rationalize things it can't understand. If we can't rationalize something, we go mad.
>>
>>83583205
what shotgun tardo
>>
>>83584962
I was just kidding

P.S. Fuck Meg
>>
I love how 95% of people gave up on this piece of garbage after season 1 but there is still a small band of autists desperately seeling validation for continuing along with it

Sage
>>
File: 1495447013031.jpg (206KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1495447013031.jpg
206KB, 1366x768px
Did we ever find out what happened to Aimee?
>>
>>83584902
crackhead
>>
>>83585012
No. She got dropped along with 90% of the other characters.
>>
>>83584902
She had family members who died like a day before the departure happened.

She didn't have time to mourn their passing before the departure happened, and I guess something snapped...there was an episode about it, I can't remember the details
>>
>>83585037
I thought she became an angsty crazy bitch because her mom died?
>>
Overall disappointed in S3. Seemed to reach the same conclusion as the S2 finale: staying together, take comfort in the people you have with you, etc. Can't think of any new ground it covered.
>>
>>83585012
B L A C K E D
>>
http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/news/a55441/the-leftovers-series-finale-explained/?src=socialflowTW
just read this you fucks
>>
9/10 finale, 10/10 season

only complaint is i thought the finale was too safe.
>>
>>83585012
Subtract Aimee, add negros. The current year phenomena.
>>
File: 1455821253694.jpg (40KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1455821253694.jpg
40KB, 657x527px
I've just been sitting thinking for a while since the show ended.

I think what the story they were trying to tell us was about life, and what it feels like to be alive. How impossible it is to unravel the true "meaning", of it the futility of trying to rationalize or explain it. It was about beauty, sorrow, pain, joy, loss, love, all the things that are most fundamentally part of the human experience. The things we do to survive with ourselves in a world where we are trapped alone in our heads, alone with our thoughts until the end comes and that unthinkable terrifying thought of our existence ceasing to be flashes through our minds one more time before everything is gone.

That's it I guess. It was a pretty good show and now I'll go back to being lonely and having my existential crisis.
>>
>>83580881
It doesn't cater to the viewers feels, but it's a realistic depiction of the characters in that setting.
See how all the character though that there is some reason to it and that Kevin is Jesus or something, that was just their way of soothing their pain, or more accurately that their pain matters.
>>
Friendly reminder that Lindeloff already confirmed in an interview that Nora wasn't lying and that the 98% really are over in an alternate reality.

This show literally ruined itself with its ending by explaining everything. This is what we deserved after everyone bitched about LOST.
>>
Based Kevin is still unkillable
>poisoned and buried under ground
>drowned and dead for hours twice
>shot in heart
>had massive heart attack and lived
>>
>>83585432
Sauce or I call bullshit
>>
>>83584902
It was assumed she was already DAMAGED before her mom's death and the sudden departure since she was doing crack. The departure happened a day after her mom died and so she was "robbed of her grief" and became even more DAMAGED which led to her becoming an angry crazy bitch and joining a cult.
>>
File: 1496206522045.jpg (70KB, 588x513px) Image search: [Google]
1496206522045.jpg
70KB, 588x513px
>>83585432
>no source
>>
>>83585128
>le ebin Human Condition

I love this show but fuck that conclusion. Chalking up the series as a "journey through the unknown of a person's life" is such a cop out.

The last paragraph of the article is interesting and is the one message that I think will stick with me. Trust the people you love.
>>
>>83585526
>>83585487

http://uproxx.com/sepinwall/the-leftovers-finale-damon-lindelof-recap-review/

and this as well I guess >>83585128

The 98% is outright confirmed and he tries to be coy about Nora possibly lying but if you just pay attention it's clear what the intention is. He flat out says his initial intention was 100% truth and then talks throughout the rest of the interview as if she was telling the truth.

>Thank you. I will tell you this: they never asked him. And he went through.That’s another question you should be asking me. When Nora was over there, did she…
>Does Nora go to look up Mark Linn-Baker?

>Therefore it’s not an afterlife or even an alternate dimension, it’s just the 2% are occupying the same physical space that we are, but we’re not there. It’s as Nora explains: where they went, they lost all of us.

>The root of that was that when we were shooting the pilot, we were shooting the scene in the parking lot where the baby disappears. (Peter) Berg had the camera on a crane and I said, “You know what we should do is shoot a version from the baby’s point of view where the mom is on the phone and she just stops talking and then the camera drifts into the front seat, and the mom’s gone. Then we hear a guy out in the parking lot shouting for his son, and then that would be the end. Let’s just shoot it. That will be our answer for where the 98% went, where the 2% went. They just flipped. They just coexist in the same space but can’t see each other.” Berg was like, “We’re losing light, I don’t have time to do that.” That was the birth of that idea.
>>
>>83585171
>too safe
A metric ton of butthurt normies and "muh explanation" fags. Nah, it ended like it should, like a story of lovers.
>>
File: 1495482317857.jpg (15KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1495482317857.jpg
15KB, 300x225px
Who writes this shit?
>>
>>83585614
wow, that is much less interesting than letting the mystery be
>>
>>83585614
You know its both true and false right?
>>
>>83585619

Please. It was never a love story until it was hamfisted into one in this last episode.

The series basically tells us the entire time that Nora and Kevin are unhealthy for each other and don't actually love each other and that their relationship isn't the focal point of all of this.

Then suddenly in the finale it is.
>>
for lie-fags

what motivation does she have for lying? is it strictly to make herself feel better for hiding from kevin all those years?
>>
>>83585691

That's fine if it helps you sleep at night with your own interpretation. But Lindeloff himself says he has 100% answers for everything in that interview.
>>
>>83585726
remember what nun said?
>>
>>83585731
Nothing is answered
Everything is answered
And then it ends
>>
>>83580647
Tfw thought about this right away in episode 1 that maybe the 98% actually disappeared because I thought 2% remaining would be scarier

Maybe I should get into writing
>>
>>83585614
>http://uproxx.com/sepinwall/the-leftovers-finale-damon-lindelof-recap-review/
KEK. The whole interview supports the theory that she was lying. What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>83580345
>series finale is literally a romcom
what the fuck was Damon thinking?
>>
>>83585726
Nora's been lying to herself the entire series
>>
>>83585798
it never answered why kevin could die and visit some kind of afterlife
>>
>>83585697
Not same anon, but the series was revealed to be all about personal relationships, about letting go and moving on to new loves. That being said, Kevin was the main character. So it is appropriate that the series would culminate by coming back to their relationship and finding some closure there.
>>
>>83585826
thats the literal HBO episode synopsis you retard lol
>>
>>83585697
Were you asleep for 20 hours brah?
The whole show is about being in love after the day love ended. How can you love someone if the universe can take your lover any day it wants.

I know most of you lack experience in relationships but love is nothing like in a hollywood movie. Most relationships are unhealthy, most of them are compromised by assholes (because everyone is an asshole) and you treat your partner like shit but you still love her and that's it. You don't think Kevin loved her? Guy could sleep with anyone yet chose this completely broken woman. That's love in the modern world.

The whole series is about losing and getting your family back together. I thought you Americans would get it with your ridiculous divorce rates.

>>83585726
It's a lie to start moving on. "Even if I saw my children they wouldn't be mine(specially reinforced by her experience with the nigglet), they would be happy without me. "
>>
Basically my take is
>Nora lied and told the truth
>She did experience a long vision of a separate reality where everything she talked about occurred and she believes it
>But in the most likely reality she woke up naked and cold in the parking lot after experiencing this vision
>So the lie is that she aged during the whole experience
>She only aged after he vision
>But its a nicer story that whatever she experienced had exact physical equivalents
>What she experienced was her truth but a lie to everyone else
>But Kevin loves her enough to believe her truth just fine making it true for him
>>
>>83580345
>the final episode is a "will they/won't they" episode
BRAVO LINDELOF
>>
I wanted to know what black hug said more than I wanted to know where the departed went.
>>
>>83580647
ok, why THE FUCK didn't the creator mass produce the machines and let everyone go back?
>>
>>83585877
who reads an official synopsis? surely you jest
>>
i think nora lied, being how you can see her almost saying STOP when the machine fills up and the fact we dont get to see any of her magical adventure, and she doesnt mention coming back to australia

the entire series is a 10/10 for me with season 2 being the strongest, but the finale is just another episode for me, goat needs an emmy
>>
>>83586290
GOAT goat
>>
>>83586290
Was the goat Beelzebub?
>>
Nora and Lori died. They were in the Hotel universe.
Kevin has heart problems which lead him to the hotel universe to see them again.
>>
>>83586214
FUCKING THIS
>>
>>83586214
they might not believe him, plus no way of getting everyone to know about it, 2% population means almost no infrastructure like internet radio tv
>>
>>83586214
Did you listen to Nora's story? So much time had passed that they moved on and didn't belong in each others world. Everyone suddenly coming back after all that time would bring everyone back to how thrown off their lives were in season 1.
>>
I have a different theory. Nora died in the machine. She can only talks to Laurie because Laurie died scuba diving. Kevin finally found her because he died from his heart attack. No other main characters are seen after, since they are still alive.
>>
>>83586214
Yeah what a selfish shit, he should spend the rest of his days making machines for everyone else, with a fraction of the resources. What an asshole.
>>
>>83586214

Lindeloff explained it

>"Why would the theoretical Dr. Van Eeghen, not build a machine to come back and say it works? My answer to that would be, he’s so happy that he got over onto the other side and was reunited with whoever he wanted to that he was basically like, “I know it works, I’m not going to go through the trouble and the risk attached to not being able to get back a second time. Why bother?” It’s sort of like, “I’ve been to the moon once.”
>>
>>83585456
I was Born with a diaphragmatic hernia and due to complications during the surgery the doctors advised my parents to call a priest and allowed them to discharge me to spend what "little time" they had left with me at home.

When I was 16, I was helping a science teacher set up a demonstration in which you run current through tubes containing different gasses, I was testing one and stupidly picked it up by the two metalic clips rather than the glass, I felt my muscles tighten and couldn't drop it and shortly after blacked out. Next thing I know I wake up in the back of an ambulance being rushed to hospital.

2 years ago I was lying in bed with my girlfriend, I started sweating uncontrollably, my skin felt like rubber and my heart started to beat faster and faster and faster when all of a sudden it went snap. and felt like it was spasming in my chest. Given the time of night and it was a Saturday the Emergency department wrote me off as a junkie and sat me in observation doing nothing then later discharged me. It wasn't until a week later after I went to a GP who was also a family friend that I got results back to what it was that happened to me. I had acute thyrotoxicosis (aka Thyroid storm) from long term undiagnosed Grave's disease, which is usually end game and if it doesn't receive immediate and specific treatment it's fatal. My endocrinologist remarked that she's amazed that I'm still alive.

I am still here. Am I immortal or just someone who has skirted death multiple times and through blind "luck" has survived?
>>
>>83586409

Nope. Lindeloff confirmed everyone is alive. Except Matt. All the dream/hotel/death theories are bunk.
>>
>>83586542
idk why don't you try jumping into a lake with a cinderblock tied to your ankle and tell us how it goes.
>>
>>83586554
where?
>>
plz direct me to nude nora webm

need for further scientific analysis of episode breakdown
plz respond
>>
>>83586491
those things still existed
>>
>>83586635

Look up. Both interviews were posted earlier
>>
>>83586508
see >>83586554
>>
>>83586692
no, they didn't. there probably wasn't even power in most places. power plants need people running them or they shut off. they need fuel or they shut off. they shut off if someone farts too loud.
>>
>>83586523
more like
>"i've been to the moon and i'm not coming back, i've got everything I need here"
>>
>>83586600
In an area known for seismic activity supposedly due to fracking?
>>
>>83580824
Her episode was one of the best of the season
>>
>>83586735
so you're telling me everyone was living happily like that? bullshit
>>
>>83580881
congratulations, you just missed the point of the entire show
>>
So what was the hotel/assassin world supposed to be. What was the point
>>
>>83586508
holy shit. that makes sense. but why isn't matt there too?
>>
>>83586815
No I agree, the story was crap. The idea that Nora stumbled upon some clean clothes not far from her location, 7 YEARS after most of the world vanished. The idea she traversed continents and oceans with no money or food, just her sob story. The idea she alone can bring a mad scientist out of retirement to build a machine, again, just so SHE can go back.

It's all ridiculous, like any pulpy hero story.
>>
>>83580988
the show is not about having definite answers you idiot. You can believe whatever you want about Nora going there or lying about it or Kevin being Jesus or just crazy and it's okay. That's the whole point.
>>
>>83586491
>>83586692
>>83586735

Honestly Lindeloff's 98% explanation is so fucking bad it makes me think he put zero forethought into it and just thought it sounded cool so he made it true. 2% of the population disappearing would already be catastrophic to our world. But 98% of people disappearing suddenly would literally destroy us. So much of this feels like last minute additions to make an ambiguous ending that wasn't well thought out so that everyone will continue talking about the show.
>>
>>83586875
limbo
>>
>>83586879

Because it's not true?
>>
so was Kevin actually fucking that ugly wife at some point
>>
>>83586875
Inside the mind of a man who is near death.
>>
>>83586909
He just says that's the birth of the idea, he didn't say it was a good idea. I mean, maybe he thinks it is.

I think it's pretty cheap writing, which if why I'm glad it's just a STORY Nora tells and not something we see happen. It's bad enough (though highly entertaining) we see Kevin's delusions. That and his returns from less-ambiguous "death" in season 2 made people think he's literally supernatural.
>>
>>83581723
>5. Lindelhack will probably say it's open to interpretation
EXCEPT THIS IS THE PREMISE OF THE ENTIRE SHOW. YOUR POST ONLY PROVES THAT.
>>
File: jills-camo-panties.jpg (23KB, 259x481px) Image search: [Google]
jills-camo-panties.jpg
23KB, 259x481px
>>83586875
Purgatory, or >>83586974
>>
>>83581723
>the writers chose was for it to be entirely focused on the drama and relationship with no regard to the scifi / mystery elemen
It's almost like this is a character driven show and the mystery elements are just there as a vehicle to explore the themes of the show and are intended to remain ambiguous.
>>
>>83586989
>That and his returns from less-ambiguous "death" in season 2 made people think he's literally supernatural.

Because he was anon. Any other explanation is bad writing at this point. There are way too many coincidences in this spirit world let alone the fact that he was shotgunned in the chest, poisoned and buried alive and drowned multiple times. 1. Long enough to bleed out. 2. For over a day underground without air 3. Way too long to be resuscitated without permanent brain damage.

You gotta accept it.
>>
>>83582415
mention ONE plot line that wasn't resolved and ONE that was introduced.
>>
>>83587079
>Poisoning by Virgil
The most problematic of them all, since he pretty clearly dies. But it makes no sense because he's not special, he's not a prophet and he doesn't save the world. His entire return to the other place culminates in overcoming a PERSONAL dilemma, not helping his "apostles".
>Buried over a day
Try a few hours
>Drowning
Lake drained
>Drowned by apostles
It's ambiguous how long they had him under.
>>
why is no one posting the cinematography tho
>>
>>83587204
Also

>shooting

People have survived worse, not that it's common. But if it missed vital organs it's not unreasonable to survive a day.
>>
>>83587227
yeah people keep saying its the heart but later when he is in the hospital its much lower
>>
>All these articles and interviews coming out about Lindeloff saying Leftovers was at its core a love story about Kevin and Nora

I feel like saying it was a "love story all along" and ending it with just Nora and Kevin reduces it into something so tiny when it was more about an overall concept of love throughout the show. Nora was hardly important in Kevin's life throughout all three seasons compared to Kevin's kids and dealing with his own inner demons and messianic status. And for Nora it was all about her kids from the first episode she was in to the last. Family was much more of a prevalent theme than just "love."

Family was what saved Laurie from suicide. What kept Matt & Nora going after losing their parents. What drove Nora back to her original reality. What brought Laurie back from the Guilty Remnant.

Saying it was Kevin and Nora's love story is so shitty it's driving me crazy.
>>
>>83587226
I'm 25, been watching series forever and I still don't even know what cinematography is
>>
>>83587227
>But if it missed vital organs
you mean the old action movie trope? how much empty space do you have in your abdomen? He got gutshot and never went to a hospital, you don't just walk that off.
>>
You guys think the latina that Kevin fucked and disappeared was Nora's husband's new wife?
>>
>>83582989
Nah the ladies in the car seemed suspicious since they were all in white and they saw Kevin all in white and smoking, this before the GR were a thing.
>>
>>83587317
Like I said, it's not common but it's not unheard of

Didn't 50 Cent get shot a bunch of times
>>
>>83587317
>never went to a hospital,
John says he waited until the next day to go to the hospital
>>
>>83587400

You don't survive a day with a gut shot or a chest shot, anon. I don't know why people can accept the fucking departure but can't accept that there were supernatural elements in the rest of the show. Lindeloff himself said there WERE supernatural elements.
>>
>>83587333
Nobody in that scene was all in white. Kevin had a white t-shirt on but that's it.
>>
>>83585614
Basically this. Four fucking articles showed up from sepinwall on my rss feed when this episode aired. Redditors that can't read 12 pages of text can kys with all this dipshit breaking bad theorizing.
>>
I think Kevin is a little slow now from all the times his brain lacked oxygen.
>>
>>83583205
they said the bullet landed near his pericardium and it didn't damage any vital organs.
>>
>>83583505
I thought this was just a meme? Nobody unironically believes this right?
>>
>>83584546

How my life is a tragedy.
>>
>>83587461
He was never exactly a deep thinker. Just a guy trying to do the right thing.
>>
>>83583868
The entire show was exactly like this, it's just that the majority of the plebs JUST found out during the finale and they obviously feel dumb and disappointed because they either wanted answers or for things to have only one valid explanation.
>>
>>83587472
When do "they" say this
>>
>>83587204
>The most problematic of them all, since he pretty clearly dies.
Tetrodotoxin, it's not just some bullshit made up by Marvel.
>>
>>83587204
>All that air underground
>>
>>83587838
hois it still air if its in the ground?
>>
pure raw kino i just witnessed

the best show ever, i'd be brave to say it
>>
>>83587838

You can't reason with supernatural deniers. Kevin literally drowns the day before and is braindead into the next day after the rain has stopped but people will still look for a way to explain that rationally.
>>
>>83585614
>That was the birth of that idea.
>that IDEA

You still believe that it was 100% don't you?
>>
>>83587909
Everyone's inferring a whole lot from the drowning scenes in season 3. They're even less definitive than getting shot in the chest or poisoned.
>>
>>83581723
>no regard to the scifi / mystery element (which is a shame)
pleb
>>
>>83587981

Yeah I'm sure Kev Sr. just doesn't bother to check his pulse ever. Just sleepin.
>>
>>83587981
Once you pass out and breathing in water, without resesitation you'll be braindead in about 10 minutes, you'll be permanently retarded in 4.
>>
>>83585726
Think about it. There are three possibilities with the machine:
1. it's a scam and it doesn't work
2. it works but it sends you somewhere in space and you die frozen
3. it works and takes you to an alternate reality where the departed are alive.

The third one is the least likely to be true, honestly, most people who use the machine know this and only want to secretly kill themselves because they need control (what Laurie does) and clinging to the possibility of that 3rd option being real is what reinforces this decision. But what if it's true? How does Nora know that she will be able to find her kids? are they still alive? what if they moved? Yet she succeeds and she finds them but they are teenagers now and they are very happy with a new step mom. They probably spent some happy days until Nora realized that she didn't belong in their lives anymore. What Nora wanted is for the departure to never have happened. In the end she didn't get her kids back, she just invaded someone else's life. This is what she thinks about? That even if the best case scenario were to happen, she would still not be satisfied. So her made up story consists of this best case scenario and this gives her comfort in that she will never get what she wants and she should better move on.
>>
>>83587324
this
>>
>>83588135
4. Machine normally works but not for Nora
which would fit perfectly with a recurring theme in this season
>>
>>83586214
How would you get the personel and money necessary for this in a post apocalyptic world where only less than 2% of the population remains? What he did with Nora was probably a stroke of luck that could only be done once.
>>
>>83588244
98% of the worlds money is just lying around lmao
>>
>>83588272
It loses all value in a world with 2% of the original population

Money only works because we have a fully industrialized society and it makes no sense to keep vast reserves of clamshells or beaverskins for barter. Money makes it easy for people to trade value.

If there's no one to trade with money is worthless
>>
>>83588272
Didn't see it yet but did Nora get nekkid?
>>
>>83588110

It's amazing how few people know this. As if you can just stay underwater for hours and just come back a-ok.
>>
>>83588272
money is only good when you can give it to people so they do shit for you. having all the money in the world is pointless without the people.

and the 2% wouldn't know this machine exists.
>>
>>83588359
>>83588382

I dunno this sounds a bit unbelievable
>>
>>83588173
my exact thoughts. Her actually wanting to go but being denied the chance by the universe instead of surrending herself would explain why she makes up the story.
>>
Literally ends with Man of Science asking Man of Faith to trust in science and believe in spoken word.

Atheists BTFO

Brava Damon.
>>
>>83588415
Try to imagine having tall stacks but all the Subways, Pizza Huts and Coldstones have no one working in them.

Your fat ass is out of luck
>>
>Tons of people disappear and we don't know how
ok

>also, two guys can die but not really, they can wake up again like Jesus, we don't know how
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE WHY DID THIS SHOW INTRODUCE SUPERNATURAL BULLSHIT I WANT MUH ANSWERS FUCKING LINDEHACK
>>
File: jj abrams.jpg (60KB, 720x490px) Image search: [Google]
jj abrams.jpg
60KB, 720x490px
>>83588467
Take your Lost-tier lore somewhere else Abrams

You've never even come close to making something like The Leftovers.
>>
>>83588491
let the mystery be you cuck
>>
>>83588586

He's mocking the people who CAN'T let the mystery be, anon. People ITT are convinced that there's no way Kevin's hotel visits could possibly be supernatural events despite the fact that the entire show is predicated upon a supernatural event.
>>
>>83588675
Not really. The entire point of the show is that we can't know if it was supernatural or not. There are a lot of clues that point in each direction and we use them to form our own interpretations but will never know for sure. People calling the show bad for not giving definitive answers or pointing them in a direction that runs opposite to theif own narratives are complete plebs.
>>
File: 1438716622444.jpg (182KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1438716622444.jpg
182KB, 1024x1024px
>>83588675
>supernatural
Everything that occurs, occurs in nature

Ergo

There is no such thing a supernatural phenomena. Only natural phenomena.

The departure was a rare but natural occurrence, hence the lack of explanations. Garvey and "God" returning from the dead would also be natural phenomena, if they did indeed die and return.
>>
Anyone screencap the Nora full frontal scene?
>>
File: 1493137596490.jpg (880KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1493137596490.jpg
880KB, 1920x1080px
I liked it. I wasn't fucking angry, and I wasn't disappointed, which is all I can ask, since finales are always this weird feeling.

Even in amazing shows like Mad Men or The Sopranos, there is always this empty feeling of "Is that it?" I always feel ambivalent towards finales, and if a finale doesn't make me pissed, its good in my book.

Only finale that made me pumped was The Shield, pure steroids right there.

8/10 maybe 9 on a second watch.
>>
>>83584526
why do they cut it in half, do they have a museum full of them? that would be cool
>>
>>83588990
Game of thrones series finale was pure kino
>>
>>83589092
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>83588967
will i get banned for posting?

>>83589101
im from the future
>>
>>83584575
we got to see nora full nude and you're still complaining?
>>
Well fuck me. I cried. It was amazing.
>>
>>83584546
The years...

puts me in an introspective mood
>>
>>83589092
If believe almost anything, before this
>>
>>83589148

Fucking how
>>
>>83589148
I didn't cry for once, which was amazing
>>
>>83589171
i almost did, taking mr.goat's beads was pure kino
>>
>>83589148
Same. That final shot ;_;
>>
>>83589163
Because it's beautifully acted and very touching and sad

These people are in advanced age now and only beginning to mend the damage
>>
for a whilewhen kevin had forgot all his memories i thought there was 2 kevins both searching for norah

am i retarded?
>>
>>83589189
I agree, I felt like she was carrying everybody's sins when she put on the beads
>>
>>83589238

wow anon think of that all by yourself?
>>
>>83589197

This.
>>
>>83589229
No I thought maybe it had something to do with his twin brother in Purgatory

I think that was the point. It was very unlike Kevin to construct an elaborate fantasy on purpose.
>>
>>83589252
I was just mentioning it for the sake of discussion, you
>>
>>83589229
I thought that for the past two seasons and couple episodes it was the crazy Kevin that would fuck shit up in season one when Kevin went to sleep.

hence why Kevin couldn't remember shit.
>>
>>83589258
i started to think there were always two kevins, even in the real world, and this was some elaborate shitty plot twist we were heading in
>>
>>83589197

hahaha mend the damage their relationship is gonna remain fucked up as always man their relationship was never healthy
>>
File: 10of10.jpg (52KB, 801x1002px) Image search: [Google]
10of10.jpg
52KB, 801x1002px
best scene
>>
>>83589306
She's a very attractive older lady
>>
>>83589323
UUUU
>>
>>83589281
LET
THE
MYSTERY
BE
>>
So how the fuck did Kevin come back from the dead.
>>
File: the end.gif (2MB, 245x138px) Image search: [Google]
the end.gif
2MB, 245x138px
>>83580345
just finished it, loved it, the music cues me so bad its not funny...when that cello starts up..well Im babbling like kevin garvey the snotty nosed sonovabitch.

it was excellent, basically there are two main problems with wrapping something like this up...do you you go for a literally all out didactic explanation, which neutralizes all of the drama and emotion or do you go for a soppy emotion filled melodrama.

I think the finale did a good job of avoiding both, the whole series was filled with gut punch emotions, dealing with loss and how to deal/ explain it. Whether Nora was telling the truth or not was irrelevant, what matters is that we (the audience) finally had something of a pay off, it was small bu for a show that never really payed off its massive.

It is basically a schrodinger's cat situation, she both cross over and she didn't. Its left open and it really doesn't matter, I'm comfortable with believing she was lying but the 98% story is true...its enough.

There was one thing that I cannot figure and that's the metaphor of Nora rescuing the goat...something about freeing the scapegoat and taking back the responsibility of her sins...? I dunno...

maybe you have some thoughts...thanks for reading my blog and don't forget to upvote, like and subscribe!
>>
>>83581225
I think she's telling the truth, it lends more weight to Kevin believing her when you draw a parallel against him unloading his weird shit on her. They've learned to live with each other's bullshit.
>>
>>83580345
I just have to say that this finale was lackluster. It brought the series down to a high 6/10 for me.

The fact that nothing fully being explained is what kills leftovers as a whole. What initially sparked my interest in leftovers was the potential for it to be something supernatural. It did a good job of making you think there was something cool but then never made it certain. The show doesn't know what it wants to be. You can't show something clearly supernatural then say "it was all just pretend guys".
What about the black guy who could read palms? What about the guy who could hug pain away? Was that just bullshit? Was Nora lying or not? We shouldn't have to guess that just makes everything less impactful and forgettable.
If they stated clearly that everyone went to a parallel universe we could be discussing that entire concept. If they said clearly that there was no parallel universe we could be discussing coping mechanisms. However we can't do this now because no one knows what the fuck really happened. I don't care what anyone says. You can imply that nora's story was a lie but that would contridict everything else that happened in the previous seasons.

Tl;dr The finale was shit and made the entire show pointless.
>>
>>83589229
That would have been 1000 times better than the shit ending we got.
>>
>>83590117
whats it like being completly wrong. I was wrong once but then i realised the error of my ways and became right. I found I was trying to fill a hole in my heart with wrongness. Everyday i would expound wrong opinions about things to strangers on the internet feeling a small twing of smug satisfaction each time. Over time it dawned on me that i needed to be more and more wrong and my wrongness got more and more exaggerated. One day a friend gave me a book and told me I could overcome my wrongness if i just made friends with a guy who wanted to know and love me for who I was and not just my wrongness. That guy was Kevin, and the book was The Book of Kevin, so I opened up my heart and made room for Kevin to take away my wrongness, ever since it has been like a mighty weight have been lifted for me.

now friend, I ask you, have you ever considered that you might have some room in your heart for my good friend kevin.

give it some thought, cos being wrong ain't all its cracked up to be.
>>
>>83590164
I thought that older Kevin was a Kevin Nora made up in her head (like Kevin does in his international assassin world) as she was still in the departed world. When she said "this isnt real" she ment she was just making it all up and after a long time Kevin(subconscious) reared his head. This signified it was time or her to return to the "real" world.

but nah.
>>
>>83580345
K I N O
>>
>>83582026

and the guy who hugged people
>>
>>83590973
>nora gets hugged
>feels better
>eventually realizes it was easier to accept magic than face her problems
The hugging guy wasn't supernatural you moron. Did you even watch the show
Thread posts: 335
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.