[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Last Jedi AMA or spoilers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 282
Thread images: 31

File: IMG_5961.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5961.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I was let go on Friday from Lucasfilm as a partner in marketing so go ahead, ask me anything about the film. Yes, rough cut has been done for weeks, many important people have seen it and I've been involved with a ton of marketing. Don't know what people care about or want to see as this film has been my life for months so go ahead. Yes, I'm a little pissy but my friend said I can take my anger out on here since they let a few of us go and people would love free info.
>>
>>83562252
What's the most interesting, complex lie you can invent about The Last Jedi?
>>
Grey Jedi. Is it real?
>>
>>83562252
Post spoilers idiot or gtfo. Either way we know you're LARPing.
>>
>>83562252
Is Finn gay?
>>
>>83562252
there are already spoilers on the net. either post them or shut the fuck up
>>
I don't know how to reply to specific comments but I don't know what that means. Luke is disnefranchised, Rey convinces him to come back. I'm assuming you mean did Luke go to the dark side and come back? Because the marketing will make you assume that until you see the film.
>>
>>83562252
Will we see that chrome naboo ship from episode one again? That thing was cool as heck
>>
>>83562252
Does Ray even slightly go to the dark side?
>>
I don't know what people know, I assume stuff has been leaked. I don't look often, that was other people's job. I can answer specific things about the film and marketing but I'm too lazy to put the summary out. Unless I have a drink, then maybe.
>>
>>83562484
Who/what is the bad guy, really?
Does he wear gold all the time?
>>
Is Snoke really that boy from the Force tree incident?

Do they do anything to make Rey not painted as a Mary Sue this time around?
>>
is LARPing on /tv/ fun?
>>
"Does Ray even slightly go to the dark side?"

No but this might be a good time to point out that she is a reincarnation of the first force user. She has a scene with Luke where they walk through the force and she's able to sense everything around her with ease. The idea is, she is in tune with her emotions which Yoda used to believe was wrong so she is a very angry force user when she faces Ben again. There is a literal blue light she walks around that is the force and you see how it can be twisted to create new powers etc. like the "dark".
>>
Who/what is the bad guy, really?
Does he wear gold all the time?

Finn spends the film trying to figure out who he is with Rose. They get help from a lot of people and this is how new planets/characters are shown. Rose and Zenn are the only new characters on the poster. His story isn't finished in this one, there is a cliffhanger but before Luke faces him, we visit his planet and learn he has switched bodies before. Finn doesn't understand this but it's for the fans to decipher anyway. Yes, he is very wealthy and is very well liked. No, we don't learn his original name.
>>
>>83562672

Not sure what you're referring to but there is a tree that the original force users worshipped and eventually lived in. This is where Luke found a lot of journals and decided it's better to let force users die off because it will be a never ending cycle otherwise. Yoda does not agree but admits they might've done more harm than good with Anakin themselves.

No, Rey is pretty powerful and does some new stuff. She can change the shape of things in a way and she can communicate with the force at will. Luke explains to her that she is a reincarnation of the first force user. Her parents are never brought up and this scene is done early on because Rian wanted to focus on the viewers learning more about the force and what Luke/Yoda/Anakin learned.
>>
>>83562763
dang that's some pretty cool exposition on the force
>>
>Lucasfilm
>post (((Disney)))
nah
>>
I thought AMA would be easier, do you guys want a summary?
>>
>>83564062
Yeah
>>
Does Luke die?
>>
>>83562252
Is the new character Rose Tico actually a First Order Spy and betrays the resistance?

Does Hayden get a force ghost cameo?
Will Carrie's last scene be emotional?
>>
>>83564121
Okay I'll do a summary with some lines I remember

>>83564213
Nope, he is front and center in the cliffhanger. I'm almost positive 9 will have a jump in time though, start a few years later.
>>
>>83562252
who dies?
>>
wow, Larping on /tv/, this might be even more pathetic than the people pretending to be cia/fbi agents on pol
>>
>>83562252
Any force ghosts?
>>
>>83564510
Dont forget the hundreds of Bethesda employees on /v/
>>
>>83563456
#notmystarwars
>>
>>83562252
Explain to me why Disney NDA does not apply to you
>>
>>83564510
Because Disney Wars is a pile of shit
>>
>>83564635
Because he's fed up with this world.
>>
>>83564222
No but her sister along with a bunch of resistance join the FO after they've been held prisoner and they were left behind. This is a main part of Finn/Poe's story.

Yes, Anakin is in this and has one of the biggest surprise reveals in the film. You meet him early but he's actually an animal (no one knows this except Luke which is why when he appears "human" again, it's supposed to be a "gasp" moment we call it).

Her last scene is leaving an old rebel base to meet with Luke before he confronts the first order. It obviously won't work out.
>>
ITT: LARPing bullshit that's completely inconsistent with every leak and credible rumor published so far. It even contradicts things we've seen on leaked toy packages

Fuck off OP
>>
>>83564710
>You meet him early but he's actually an animal
This makes so little sense that I actually believe it.
>>
File: star-wars-rebels-season-4-wolf.jpg (11KB, 522x274px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-rebels-season-4-wolf.jpg
11KB, 522x274px
>>83564710
>he's actually an animal
What animal? Asking because there's some speculation that the wolf in the rebels season 4 trailer is a reincarnated ahsoka
>>
>>83564763
Op isn't even a good liar.
>>
>>83564763
What is specifically contradictory?
>>
>>83564767
Rey is told by Luke there is a creature in the sea consumed with hate. She eventually has to face it. It's a like giant sloth but it actually looks really neat. I'd say in the middle of the film, after she attacks it, she realizes the best way to defeat it is to get it on land where it will have trouble moving. Yes, she senses it's not real and after a moment, it changes into Anakin. This along with Finn and Rose rescuing some of the resistance only to be betrayed are two of the best scenes in the film only because they're so unexpected.
>>
>>83564899
Complete bullshit
>>
>>83564899
>there is a creature in the sea consumed with hate
Larper confirmed
>>
>>83564899
so, the Anakin beast is defeated by luring it onto the high ground?
>>
>>83564984
The worst LARPing bullshit I've ever seen
>>
The point of Rose's sister and some of the resistance betraying them is to show that sometimes being behind enemy lines can convince you you're on the wrong side. This is literally in the notes. Also, you won't hear a peep about Anakin but Yoda is still up in the air (as he has a very small role anyway). Marketing is going to focus on Luke being a questionable hero and Finn/Poe trying to scrap together a resistance.
>>
>>83564984

Luke lied to her because for most of the film, she doesn't feel anything from the sea except something watching her. Luke pushes her senses.
>>
Is Hayden playing Anakin?
>>
>>83565218

Yup, wig and all. He completely different from the prequels though. He apologizes to her and says something along the lines of "it was my sons idea". During this scene though, Luke is still a bitter asshole so there's never a scene with Luke, Rey and the ghosts together.
>>
>>83565307
>Anakin is a giant, hate filled sloth living in the ocean
>rey has to fight him and wins by luring him onto the high ground
>the sloth transforms into human form
>"lmao nothing personnel kid it was my son's idea"
>>
>>83565511

Luke lied to in incite some fear into her, she says at least twice she never sensed any malice or anger. After she chases it, it comes in to attack her and she tricks it into landing on the island. The movie has a ton of humor by way so if you think that's silly (it really isn't) Hope you like little animals that look like penguins on crack because they're just as strong in the force. Chewie finds this out the hard way.
>>
Halfway through the film there is a strong Rey x Luke scene, Rey kisses Luke after all their training and removes her robe, Luke's hand malfunctions a spark shoots off setting reys robe on fire creating a funny father daughter relatable scene.
>>
File: 1358123169879.gif (2MB, 389x324px) Image search: [Google]
1358123169879.gif
2MB, 389x324px
>>83564899

>Rey is told by Luke there is a creature in the sea consumed with hate. She eventually has to face it.

Cmon nigger, this can't be real
>>
^ how did you steal my name?

Answering questions is a lot easier than a summary. I started to write one but it's so long.
>>
>>83566122

Probably...the end of the second scene with the two of them? She does it to befriend these crack penguins who also knew the whole time. It's to get her to all of her emotional heights. I'll admit, it's probably the weirdest part of the movie but there is a lot of weird things I suppose. Walking through the force, Yoda and Chewie hanging with the creatures, Snoke's "home".
>>
>>83566171
>^ how did you steal my name?

this level of newfaggotry is almost convincing.
>>
>>83566171
Just do a rough summary and people can ask more specific questions
>>
I too enjoy role playing
>>
>>83566704

Okay I'll do it soon. The stories of this place were true, I had to google what 4chan is. Glad I'm taking a month off after this abuse too. Maybe I'll head over WB for work haha.
>>
>>83564710
Welp
This is it I'm out.
>>
Is Han Solo actually dead dead or are they bringing him back in 8 somehow
>>
>>83566988
any interesting plots or cool fight scenes for Kylo?
>>
>>83566988
Tell me about Smoke why does he wear the robes?
>>
>>83566988
Nice dubs
>>
File: sheev problem.jpg (197KB, 1255x653px) Image search: [Google]
sheev problem.jpg
197KB, 1255x653px
JUST POST A SUMMARY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>83567283
Jesus Christ I hate this fanbase.

The dude was stabbed to death, then falls in a pit then the fucking planet explodes and yet you still want him to survive?
>>
>>83567910

Stranger things have happened
>>
>>83566988
>Glad I'm taking a month off after this abuse too
how did Disney abuse you?
If this stories are true, the movie is dogshite
>>
What's up with Snoke?
>>
>>83565057
>>83564984
>>83564926
>>83564855
>>83564763
>>83564510
>>83562751
>>83566967

Fuck off Disney. Obvious as fuck. We'll still see your movie k?
>>
>>83569055
To be fair yes it's obviously most likely larp but let us have fun faggots.
>>
>>83562252
Why did Mark Hamill disagree with almost everything Rian wrote for Luke?
>>
>>83565998
Yeah this is where I can't even pretend to believe you any more. It reads like fan-fiction.
>>
>>83569854
I dont think that was OP but I can't tell anymore
>>
>>83569854
Rian Johnson said there was a lot of fun in the movie and that he enjoy TFA humour...
>>
>>83562252
Why'd you get fired?

What are the specifics about why Mark Hamill is so ticked off about what they did with Luke?
>>
File: Joker and Riddler delightful.gif (2MB, 320x178px) Image search: [Google]
Joker and Riddler delightful.gif
2MB, 320x178px
>>83570055
haha my favorite part was the first joke!!

>who talk first?...
>...you talk first?
>or I talk first?...
GENIUS!
>>
This guy says he was in their marketing dept., why would he know any of this stuff?
>>
>>83570654
how else are you going to swag out Taco Bell cups and T-shirts ?
>>
File: 1478775984195.jpg (51KB, 500x387px) Image search: [Google]
1478775984195.jpg
51KB, 500x387px
>>83562252
Give us a quick rundown on the plot
>>
OP confirmed killed by the Mouse's hitmen
>>
Just tell us about Kylo, damn it.
>>
Luke meets Rey, he tells her how the force brought her to him. Her parents were scared of her abilities. She is told after a couple scenes that she was born out of necessity, that this balance will continue forever with the force, since the beginning all the way to his dad and now her. Luke trains her but tells her after Snoke is defeated, they will cease to fight and will not continue the Jedi order. They have a meditation scene together where she literally walks through a beam of light and she can control everything around her. She can change shapes and warp everything around her. Luke tells her she will be even more powerful than Yoda and she says who? (this got some chuckles). She also battles a creature that Luke claims is filled with evil intent and has been threatening the porgs, creatures more in tune with the force than even himself (think penguins on crack). She defeats this creature only to see it become a ghost of anakin. Basically, Luke has tried to push her emotionally in every direction on the island in order to wake her full potential quickly. He wants Snoke gone now. It’s made clear that Luke is not happy with what Snoke did to Ben and will do anything to make Rey become stronger quickly to destroy him. We get a flashback with Anakin at Luke’s school and everything is destroyed. Luke sees young Ben and says “I don’t want to kill you…but your life is in my hands now”. We learn later Luke knew someone else would come along to balance things out with Ben so he left to get answers as to why the Jedi always fail. He used the force to shut R2 down until this person was found. I’m cutting out a ton of details but basically you find out the force is literally connected to everything and even something like a droid can be aligned to it if it is willed. Rey confronts Luke about his feelings towards the Jedi, his abandonment of his friends and everything that’s happened and they don’t come to an agreement. He speaks with Yoda, she meditates.
>>
Yoda admits she is right, that the Jedi of old were hopeful but arrogant and a the dark side of the force can’t be the only future (something like that).

Ren spends the majority of the film with Snoke. He’s more unstable and leaves to trace Vader’s life in hopes that he will meet his spirit. From the way Snoke acts, he doesn’t seem to care much. Also, force ghosts can be destroyed. They’re adding new powers into this film the same way J.J./Kasdan added new abilities in TFA. Rian did write the film he wanted but there was definitely things they wanted included in this film for future media.

After Finn wakes up, the entire ship they’re on is destroyed. Leia asked him to go find Snoke’s weakness, she’s been told someone has information on how to destroy him and they’ve arrived at the meeting point (a new planet). No one likes Leia on this planet. Rose leaves with him because it’s the last escape pod and her sister trusts Finn.
Poe leaves after the ship is destroyed as well with Leia and some remaining resistance. The FO take prisoners.
They spend most of the film on the run and meet up with Holdo who immediately butts heads with what they should do next. She wants to have an alliance with the FO, Leia thinks thats a bad idea and in the meantime, sends Poe to rescue the remaining resistance supporters.
Finn goes to Snoke’s home planet and finds a crypt. Think dracula. Very expensive looking place and a tomb that’s opened. Basically, we learn Snoke has switched bodies and is actually well liked by a lot of races. No one alive has seen his original body. He’s with Rose and Zenn. All of this takes place after they escaped the “affluent planet” and found the kidnapped resistance members who after these past few years have decided to join the FO. Finn appeals to some of them but not all.
>>
This is taking too long and I’m everywhere now in the story so I’ll cut to the chase with everyone. Luke eventually understands that training one person at a time might be the best way forward and thanks to Rey, that this will never end so they’ll have to make their own rules going forward (Anakin told her that repressing your emotions is what leads to their downfall). There will always be someone out there more powerful, good or evil. Ben finds out the location of the island because Rey was alone meditating and he sensed her. Ben doesn’t tell Snoke by the way so something is going on there.
Ben fights Rey on the island, wins. Luke destroys Ben’s guards with one move (they come in to attack at once, next shot, they’re all on the ground). This got a great reaction but the move itself was definitely not a typical Jedi action. Ben asks Luke why he failed and that it was his parents fault for not being there for him. Luke asks Ben what he wants and asks him to help take down Snoke, that it can lead him to a new path. Ben agrees. In shock, Rey follows them (Luke has an A wing on the island!). Honestly, the Luke/Rey stuff is way more interesting than Finn’s story. This has almost turned into a weird review haha. The film ends with Luke standing before Snoke as the destroyer flies away. Rey and Kylo flew off after she attacked his ship.

My friend wrote all of this out as I spoke, I'm that lazy. And there is no way they would know which employee I am.
>>
>>83572685
>Rey and Kylo flew off after she attacked his ship
What. Also, this suggests that Rey never leaves Ahch-to, which I don't believe. And Kylo, the main villain, is just off doing basically nothing and not encountering anyone until the very end of the movie? I don't buy that either.

This also has way too much about Snoke. Rian Johnson actually said that he was barely going into Snoke in this movie.
>>
File: caseylol.jpg (161KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
caseylol.jpg
161KB, 640x360px
>>83572685
>>
>>83572685
Ben asks Luke why he failed at what? Does the movie actually explain why and how he turned?
>>
>>83572584
So who is the Lando of this movie?
>>
>>83572584
>the porgs, creatures more in tune with the force than even himself (think penguins on crack)

too crazy to be made up.
>>
>>83572838

Kylo has maybe...8 or 9 scenes in the entire film? He has one scene with Hux who gets taken out by Finn by the way.
>>
>>83572925
Literally Lucas tier.
>>
>>83572925
>Carebears will take out the Imperial Army on Endor
>>
>>83572882

Zenn. Also, Zenn is a known double crosser. He's famous on both sides but Leia mentions how he helped the resistance and even the original rebellion and asks him to help one more time to take down Snoke. He meets with Leia after the big battle on Snoke's home planet. Not literally where he was born but where he heard Snoke kept his secrets.
>>
>>83562252
>>83562252
>>83562252

Post ur badge with info blacked out faggot
>>
>>83572685
So Kylo's arc is him essentially going on a soul searching trek across the galaxy to learn more about Vader before coming back to the light at the end? Does Vader's castle from RO make an appearance?

What happens to Phasma?

Finn's arc is pretty much him and the asian chick trying to find out who Snoke is?

Anakin has a pretty big role?

Who are Rey's parents and what happened to them?
>>
>>83572584
Well after reading everything. I now know this series is fucked.
>>
>>83572865

Ben wanted Luke's attention and Luke didn't give it to him even though he was gifted. Luke blames the Jedi order for how things went downhill, Ben blames his parents for not being there when Snoke's visions (yes, visions) were. Luke says Snoke took advantage of this and told him he could be the most powerful person in the galaxy if he was the only force user. Luke ignored all the signs and told Ben to hide his feelings or Snoke would win. Rey points out neither of them were right. Also, technically Luke is the last traditional Jedi.
>>
>>83573194
How does it end? What happens to Carrie Fisher?
>>
It does sound bad written out but there is so much detail I didn't write and visually it's beautiful. It also has a more mobile camera which is fantastic during the training scenes.
>>
So no Ben Kenobi force ghost?
>>
Its good to see Kathleen Kennedy really abusing her power and making Mary sue ray the most powerful and amazing force user of all time ever
>>
>>83573397

Rey and Ben are "crashing" through space (this may be the last time we see the falcon by the way), Leia is on her way to Luke, Poe is leading the resistance on a ship to Finn, Rose and Zenn and Luke is standing in front of Snoke as the destroyer they're standing on flies off (its massive).
>>
There's a jump in time after the first act. Three months. Everyone has new outfits at that point which means more toys. Luke wears all black, Finn looks like Han and Ren has a new mask (and cape).
>>
>>83573553
Do we see/hear about Oh-bee-the-1?
>>
>>83572981
So he's barely in the movie? Not sure I'm believing that considering the teaser poster.
>>
>>83573471

Nope. Anakin and Yoda are the only ghosts and Anakin's force ghost is "killed" by Ben. Might be permanent.
>>
>>83573194
Does it explain why he only turned completely at 23? That's kind of old for it just to be about mom and dad not being there.
>>
So let me just summarize what you're saying the final act is
>Kylo and the Knights of Ren attack Ach-To
>Kylo defeats Rey and destroys Anakin's ghost
>Luke defeats the Knights
>Luke and Kylo have a confrontation where Luke convinces Kylo to join them and kill Snoke
>Rey and Kylo drop off Luke on Snoke's destroyer
>>
>Its another Ma-Ray-Sue is so amazing and smart that she makes luke and others see the light when it comes to the force despite him being a veteran of the force and her learning about it a week ago
>>
>>83573471
Alec Guinness must be happy he's not going to be used in a shitty movie
>>
>>83573077
He's not coming to the light. I think he's going to be even more evil. He does go to a castle but I'm not sure it's the same one. It's not in the marketing anyway.

Phasma has a huge battle with Finn and some of the resistance. I'd say it's a draw because she absolutely tears them a new one (this is on the "affluent" planet where they meet Zenn). Hux dies here. Finn unleashes a bunch of horse like creatures on him. Not joking.

Yes although we don't learn a lot besides he's liked, has friends everywhere and the body he's in is not his original body.

Anakin has one scene alone with Rey, one with Luke and one when Ben shows up.

They're not mentioned except that their kid was basically too much to handle. She was destroying things around herself and before they could get to Luke with her, they were being chased by Snoke so they dropped her off and died escaping. They knew she was strong with the force and thought it was best to take her to Luke's school.
>>
You've left out the part about Crait, OP. Nothing on the FO assault walkers, nothing about the casino planet and de toro's character either. I call bullshit
>>
>>83573949
She's the reincarnation of the first force user. I can't believe they actually went with such a lame plot
>>
>Force Ghosts can be killed
>People who merged with the force itself and just manifest themselves can be killed
Wow they're doing the best they can to kill off Star Wars
>>
>>83564899
epic fail
>>
This is the worst larping thread I've ever seen.

OP is a complete fucking idiot.
>>
>>83574108
Wow, it's like you're a total idiot that believes the obvious lies of a larping faggot.
>>
This is why I hate /tv/. Too many mentally ill retards.
>>
>>83573910

Knights of Ren was dropped. They didn't want to confuse with marketing. In the film, they're just his followers. Also, nobody messes with Ren anymore. All the scenes on the destroyer and the castle, people bow their heads to him and speak nervously. Phasma kneels, Hux doesn't.
>>
It's a 'OP concocts an intentionally incoherent and jumbled """"plot"""" to cover up his complete ignorance of the film he knows nothing about'
>>
>>83574202
Fuck off you lying fucktard.
>>
>>83574202
>Knights of Ren was dropped.
WRONG

There's already a leak talking about a Knights of Ren action figure pack

Lying LARP faggot BTFO
>>
>>83574039

Mentioned the affluent planet, Crait multiple times and Del Toros character Zenn multiple times. He may or may not be connected to Rebels, they haven't decided yet but they gave him a great scene with Leia which, if you read everything, I already mentioned as well.

Assault walkers are the planet with the big battle I already mentioned on Snoke's home. Poe and company come to rescue Finn, Zenn and Rose there after they escaped Crait.

Next?
>>
Rose's sister is called Paige, as confirmed by leaked LEGO sets. OP is full of shit
>>
>>83574356
is leia kill now that the actor is dead?
>>
>>83574279

Not once are the knights of Ren mentioned in 8, sorry. There was an idea to give them their own film at one point but that's not happening.
>>
>>83574371

And I mentioned her. She's turned after the time jump and joined the FO. She dies during the battle when they're leaving the casino planet. A bunch of them turn, they were prisoners of war.
>>
Where/when is the space battle shown in the teaser taking place in the movie?

How does Kylo defeat Rey? Is she wounded?

What's up with the red dust underneath the sand on Crait?
>>
Does Luke still have his green lightsaber and is he using it?
>>
Does Snoke use the force at all? What's the "training" Kylo Ren has to complete?
>>
>>83574576

Right after Leia meets with Holdo. Long story short, Holdo wanted to join with the FO and have some level of peace. A battle happens and most of the resistance escapes.

She "breaks" her left arm getting out of his force freeze. Rey has the upper hand but Ren force grabs one of the porgs and throws it. She grabs it to save it and the moment she looks up, he pushes her off a cliff. He also takes the saber.

The planet is red. All that white is volcanic ash. The planet is covered in it because of giant volcanos.
>>
>>83574626

We see it but he doesn't use it. I think Rey takes it after she loses hers, that's supposed to be a mystery.
>>
>>83566171
because we are one
>>
Does Poe and Finn finally consumate their homoerotic lust for each other? Who's top? Is it Finn with his planet of the apes cock?
>>
>>83574903

He was supposed to completely succumb to the dark side after killing his father but it didn't happen. Snoke mentions how he can't be one with the dark side until he lets go of his past completely. There's a hint that unlike Anakin after killing Windu, he somewhat resisted because Ben mentions again how he feels some light and blames it on Rey maybe trying to influence him. Also, he's way more aggressive with FO soldiers and is only quiet around Snoke. What I think you're supposed to get from this is that he wants to be fully evil so bad that he fights light side urges by destroying whatever he can around him. He thinks by trying to be like Vader, it might help. I honestly don't think Snoke believes any of this.
>>
>>83574952
Why is the resistance using those rinky-dink ass land ships on Crait?
>>
File: 1492112125352.jpg (14KB, 365x502px) Image search: [Google]
1492112125352.jpg
14KB, 365x502px
>>83575049
>We see it but he doesn't use it. I think Rey takes it after she loses hers, that's supposed to be a mystery.
>>
>>83574013
Why would you think Kylo was going to become more evil? Nothing you said points to that.
>>
>>83575341

At that point in the story, the actual resistance is down to a few ships and Poe and Leia leading. There was a base there near Snoke's home, the pilots use what they can when trying to cover Finn's rescue. He grabs a lightsaber from there that Zenn finds hoping it might mean something. For a moment you can tell Zenn (Del Toro) didn't want to give it up, he almost passes out when he touches it. I'm assuming there will be a "force message" on this thing if Luke or whoever touches it in the next film.
>>
>>83575528
I'm also not buying that they'd make the last chance to preserve both the Skywalker and Solo lineages turn pure evil by the end. Not after Han is already gone and now all this with Carrie Fisher. It's too bleak.
>>
What's the point of Canto Bight again?

Why is Snoke 'liked'?
>>
>>83575528

He tells Luke he's going to kill him for destroying so many lives then even Snoke won't be able to stop him. That's almost word for word. Though, he could've killed Rey easily. I just don't want to a simple redemption story with him, unless he lives. From the way film ended, it also seems like him and Rey are going to have a lot of scenes with the just the two of them, at least at the beginning of the next film.
>>
File: Untitled.png (338KB, 767x575px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
338KB, 767x575px
>>83574356

OOOOOOPS ATTENTION WHORE OP JUST FUCKED UP.

OP has been calling Del Toro's character Zenn this whole thread but Rian Johnson already confirmed in Vanity Fair that the character is never named in the film but is called DJ by the crew.

NOTICE OP WILL NOT RESPOND TO THIS POST
>>
>>83575735

Leia goes here to meet with the wealthy to get support as well as find an old ally. Things go to hell, they get her back on the ship, Finn and Rose escape to the planet to find this guy (Zenn, Del Toros character). Leia wants him to find Snoke's weakness. Time jump, they finally meet this guy after a battle and meeting a hacker who gets them a meeting. They leave the planet after learning that most of the influential people don't mind the first order, Snoke has been good to them as he was one of them and "just rose to power almost overnight".
>>
what about anakins old lightsaber?
>>
>>83562252

Does Finn have a good storyline and does he still retain his deuteragonist role in the ST or is he relegated to supporting character?
>>
>>83575945

He's never mentioned by name. He literally says "a few call me Zenn". Leia, who is the only character that knows him, doesn't even say his name. You misunderstood that quote too. Characters have to have a name in a script but nobody knows his real name. DJ stands for turn table. That's the joke. He turns the tables on the FO.
>>
>>83576119
he was just holding it for Rey
>>
>>83576119

Ben has it now. Luke didn't seem to care either.
>>
>>83576203
>DJ stands for turn table. That's the joke. He turns the tables on the FO.

it's like poetry, it rhymes.
>>
>>83575608
what the fuck, there is a ANOTHER lightsaber??
>>
>>83576123

Finn and the hacker mess with some of Snoke's money on Canto so...he does do more in this film. He's definitely not a coward or afraid.
>>
>>83567910
>>83567960
He lands in the trash compactor with Phasma, who nurses him back to health in a bacta tank.
>>
>>83576378
>and your OTHER lightsaber
>>
>>83576378

In the end, Ren has his own and Anakin's, Rey might have Luke's green one and Finn finds a broken one in Snoke's uh coffin? Zenn wants to open it and take the crystal out but Finn wants to hold on to it until they meet Luke and Rey.
>>
>>83576203
that was a pretty smooth turn around I'll give you that
>>
memes
>>
>>83576628
Liar.
>>
>>83572685
>Luke has an A-Wing on the island

the fuck? why not an X-Wing? and aren't A-Wings meant for just 1 person?

and what about the Falcon? Are Artoo and Chewie just sitting by the ship avoiding penguin shit while all of this is happening?
>>
>>83578378
X-Wings require an astromech bear in mind. Luke came alone, he wasn't expecting to come with or bring anyone else.
>>
>>83574447
you're contradicting yourself so hard wtf

>Luke takes out the Knights of Ren in one move
>Knights of Ren are Kylo's followers
>"not once are the knights of Ren mentioned in 8"
>>
File: 6588.gif (341KB, 265x198px) Image search: [Google]
6588.gif
341KB, 265x198px
m8 the teaser, the toy leaks and the Vanity Fair article are literally all we know about this movie and you've contradicted shit found in each of them.

Better luck shitposting next time.
>>
>>83578778
Specifically what has he contradicted
>>
Rey dies in the end as well. Fuck you Disney.
>>
>>83578378

Chewie fights with them over food, R2 stays on board to conserve energy, at one point they shoot Kylo's ship. Chewie builds them a new nest...R2 has a video from Leia. Those are all it I think.
>>
>>83578403
this is the first I've heard of that astromech thing but honestly it'd make more sense from a storytelling perspective just to retcon that rule and have Luke pilot the X-Wing by himself. He flies an X-Wing in every film in the OT and aside from the Snowspeeder and the Imperial Shuttle when he's escaping the Death Star II he doesn't pilot any other ships.

Think about it, if Luke said to Rey, "I have a ship, follow me" and they walked around a corner to where the ship is, wouldn't it make more sense for it to be his X-Wing? If it was an A-Wing the audience would be like "oh that was anticlimactic".

People forget these films are made for everybody to enjoy, not just Star Wars nerds. It's why Rey will have a simple explanation for who she is (ie: Luke's daughter, the light side incarnate, or just nobody) and Snoke will be an original character rather than Watto in disguise or Tarkin having survived the Death Star. 5 year olds have to be able to follow the plot. In A New Hope, all we're told about Darth Vader is that he was Obi-Wan's apprentice, turned to evil and "killed" Luke's dad. That's it. It's all we need to know. Nothing is explained about The Emperor at all either in the OT. Leia was only made Luke's sister because George origianlly planned on Luke's sister being part of episodes 7-9 when he wanted to make a 12 film saga, but after Empire Strikes Back he decided to just do 6 and crammed all of his ideas into Return of the Jedi. The "there is another" line wasn't referring to Leia, or even really referring to anyone. Lucas literally put it in to make the audience think that there was a chance Luke could be killed in his duel with Vader on Cloud City. The Emperor wasn't supposed to show up until Episode 9 as well.

JW Rinzler's Making of Star Wars books are really interesting when it comes to this stuff. They were literally writing the script for RotJ without knowing if Harrison was going to come back or not, which is why he does nothing in the movie
>>
>>83579020
>R2 stays on board to conserve energy

didn't he just spend 20 years sleeping? was waking up, projecting a map, and getting on the Falcon really that much work for him?
>>
>>83578597

I never said he takes out knights of Ren, I said he takes out his guards. They're literally hanging around Snoke then follow Ren to Ach-To after he lies to Snoke. The words Knights of Ren are not in the script or uttered in the film, sorry.
>>
>>83578778

Please tell me what I've contradicted with examples of what I've written, not putting words in my mouth like the person before you.
>>
This thread is an example of how to do LARPing wrong.

OP, you fucked up bad.
>>
also, Luke uses a colostomy bag in this one. It's never explained why, but there was a part that got big laughs where it bursts all over Rey during training. This is probably one of the things Hamill was upset over
>>
>>83579037

Maybe Rian likes A-Wings?
>>
>>83579070
>when 800 years old you are, work so well you won't!
>>
>>83562252
Is that pho real?
>>
So not sure but don't listen to the one guy who stole me name lol.

And for people saying I'm "larping" or I "fucked up" bad...without an example of how I fucked up? What the fuck is wrong with some of you? I'm spoiling you because I heard you guys like this and you guys are just vicious. Seriously, relax. If I contradicted something or "fucked up" explain how instead of shitty posts. Thank you.
>>
>>83579458
yeah, it's pho real
>>
I had to look up larping. You guys are weird.
>>
>>83579485
Nobody believes you because you have no proof, mate. Anybody can come on 4chan and claim they have insider knowledge that they're leaking. Many have already done that.
>>
File: Screenshot_45.jpg (18KB, 291x324px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_45.jpg
18KB, 291x324px
>>83579485
>>83579496
fuck, I've been outed! Ah,well.... just wait till December OP, if all this shit is conformed you'll be the Edward Snowden of Lucasfilm
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
>>83579485
Whats up with Luke levitating on a rock?
>>
*confirmed, fuck
>>
>>83565196
What about the character of DJ, del toros character
>>
>>83562252
Hope you never work again. Go to mexico.
>>
>>83579485
you did WAYYY better than most people who spoil movies. Alot of your stuff is almost believable which is impressive.
>>
File: Bio-hexacrypt.png (259KB, 478x334px) Image search: [Google]
Bio-hexacrypt.png
259KB, 478x334px
>>83572622
Hmm
>>
>>83564710
>You meet him early but he's actually an animal (no one knows this except Luke which is why when he appears "human" again
what the fuck is disney smoking!
>>
Fuck you LARPing faggot.
>>
File: 1493999834298.jpg (18KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1493999834298.jpg
18KB, 225x225px
OP: BTFO
>>
>>83565704
>Hope you like little animals that look like penguins on crack because they're just as strong in the force. Chewie finds this out the hard way.
come on, you can't be serious

>penguins on crack
wtf
>>
>>83579937

I forgot about that but yes, that's what Zenn calls it and Finn is basically like "Biohexa...crypt?" I've described this scene more than once already lol. It's where he might have switched bodies in the past.
>>
>>83579485
You are a faggot
>>
>>83562763
>>83563124
>>83563456
>evil force user wants to body-swap with Mary Sue Rae
Wow, didn't think Disney would pander to *my* fetish
>>
Horse creature like this
>>
What is Snoke like in person, not a hologram? Is he normal sized? Does he move fast/ slow? All CGI?
>>
File: 5463546.png (1MB, 1280x830px) Image search: [Google]
5463546.png
1MB, 1280x830px
>>83580242
And penguins on crack similar to these
>>
>>83580507

That takes place after they steal one and they meet up with Zenn (who the hacker helped track down after they made it seem like Snoke stole money from the rich). He unleashes them later on Hux and the FO but that's a night shot so this is a couple scenes before that.
>>
>>83564710
>You meet him early but he's actually an anim
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha holy fuck
>>
>disney starwars
>cannon
pick only fucking one. No lucas no starwars
>>
>>83562252
why would I give a shit about spoilers when everything is going to be wholly predictable

this trilogy is basically capeshit
>>
>>83580542

Wasn't completed but face will be CG. He moves slowly and has a few feet on Kylo. He seems regal and doesn't mince words. He also has some aids and a guards around him. His room in the ship is basically a giant throne room. Looks like something out of a Persian throne room. He never leaves that area in 8 but this ship is giant, it's their main base now (they mention this and you're to assume they lost a lot as well after TFA).
>>
>>83580688
well thanks for the info, it will be interesting to see how rian pulls this off in december.
>>
File: starwarsset0008_0.jpg (245KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
starwarsset0008_0.jpg
245KB, 1280x853px
What's the part they shot on boat
>>
>>83580866
oh yeah one question, why did ben kill anakins force ghost?

was this before he turn to help luke and rey take out snoke?
>>
>>83562252
Was it as good as the pho?
>>
File: 1478130618892.png (794KB, 1280x851px) Image search: [Google]
1478130618892.png
794KB, 1280x851px
>>83580782
I'll go even further... only the THX remastered pre-special edition VHS boxed set original trilogy is canon

I actually believe this
>>
Why did you get fired?
>>
>>83580593

Add giant eyes and drooling mouths with some scales around them and you got it. They're puppets mostly which makes it all the more freaky but neat. They use the force to steal Chewies food and like I said earlier, one of them is the reason Rey loses the fight. Chewie builds them a nest under the falcon too. Most of the comedy bits in the movie are these guys, Chewie and BB8. Oh, there's a few BB8s now. One of them looked like a transparent BB8, had steam running through it. And the first order has them too.
>>
>>83574044
>She's the reincarnation of the first force user. I can't believe they actually went with such a lame plot

It's basically Avatar: The Last Airbender.
>>
File: episode-8-giant-alien-2.jpg (246KB, 1296x730px) Image search: [Google]
episode-8-giant-alien-2.jpg
246KB, 1296x730px
Could it be the sloth like thing? aka anakin ?
>>
>>83580874

Leia goes down to Canto to meet them, she looks amazing in this scene. She has to leave though when FO people are coming. They also want to talk to Holdo over her (this is the first time she's mentioned) since she has more influence ("credits" as Leia puts it, defeated).
>>
>>83581018

It was actually a total misunderstanding. One day I was at meeting with Bob Iger and he said something about the heat in his house not working. I told him "If you're that cold, you should get in an oven" and he flipped the fuck out. Fired everyone in the room.
>>
>>83581158
Holy shit
>>
>>83581214
lol I can't believe this
>>
>>83581158

Wow, kind of ridiculous that people were able to capture detail like that. Yes but they changed the lighting completely in post (blue hue) and at that point, the creature form is glowing (after it's out of the water).
>>
>hux dies
Oh man what the fuck. I like Hux.
>>
>>83581262
>Holly shit
What?
>>
>>83581214
fuck you this can't be real i'm literally lmaoing over here
>>
>>83581263

That's because someone is stealing my user name. I never met Iger once.
>>
What happened to Maz Kanata
>>
>>83580928

Anakin asked him to listen to reason and Vader was weak. That the dark side isn't part of the force, it's a warped version of it the weak want to use to have power over others and he can live forever in the light. Something along those lines and Ben says he failed the same as his son. He grabs his head and the effects weren't done but Anakin falls to the ground and fades away in shock. Kylo says "Not forever" in a really weak voice. Also, Kylo is probably tricking Luke. Have Snoke kill Luke then he takes out Snoke. That's my assumption.
>>
Oh yeah, and they explain why Finn was able to hold his own against Ren. It turns out he's Luke's wife's son. They never go into why that gave him force ability. Finn isn't in as much of this one as the first. Rian actually joked one day that he didn't want Finn to "run away with this film like it was an unattended ten-speed."
>>
>>83581693
i heard there was a scene where luke says he's been away all that time because white men need to step down? and that snokes real name is darth trump? this is going to be kino
>>
>>83581629
how are they gonna handle leia in the future now that the actor is dead? since this ends with her going to meet luke
>>
>>83581810

They were actually holding auditions for a look-alike. About 500 people tried-out (from what I heard, not my department). I guess they'd use her as a stand-in then cg for the rest. The weird thing was they did this about a month before Carrie died.
>>
>>83581894
fucking hell man. someone should nuke hollywood from orbit. its the only way to be sure.
>>
>>83581106
>It's basically Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Down to Anakin appearing as her previous life as a ghost and then getting obliterated.

Rey is Korra!
>>
>>83581693
>Luke's wife's son
Fucking lol, 10/10 fanfic
>>
File: Mickey-Mouse.jpg (19KB, 470x357px) Image search: [Google]
Mickey-Mouse.jpg
19KB, 470x357px
How can he get away with this?
>>
>>83576203
Well BB8 was named because he looked like two balls stacked on top of each other so why the fuck not ay
>>
I hope this isn't true. This sounds worse than a fanfic.
>>
>>83581629
>Kylo is probably tricking Luke
How the fuck would he ever get away with that after everything?
>>
Garbage thread

Larping faggot has been posting in this topic of over 8 hours straight. Fucking lying loser.
>>
>>83581361
Then tell us why you got fired so impostors can't do it for you
>>
>>83582390
Stop same fagging OP. It's pathetic.
>>
>>83581477

Her effects weren't done so it looked like crap but she has two scenes. I don't like her much so I'm okay with that. She's with Zenn when they meet and she also helps with some ships in the end battle over crait. She's boring but kids like her. She's also in the Han movie.
>>
>>83581693

Stop confusing everyone lol
>>
>>83582456
does the Han movie explore the Han/Jabba relationship any further?
>>
File: 1314171882104.gif (939KB, 200x171px) Image search: [Google]
1314171882104.gif
939KB, 200x171px
>>83581214
>>
>>83564710
>You meet him early but he's actually an animal
The fact I can't immediately dismiss this as false is saying something about modern Star Wars
>>
File: rian-johnson.jpg (24KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
rian-johnson.jpg
24KB, 600x400px
>>83582654
>>
File: jj-kor.jpg (117KB, 747x822px) Image search: [Google]
jj-kor.jpg
117KB, 747x822px
>>83574202
Explain
>>
>>83562252
is there any romance? or even a slight hint at something? between finn and rey or maybe finn and rose? or god forbid rey and kylo ren?
>>
>>83583340
>god forbid rey and kylo ren
shit taste
>>
>>83583340
He said Kylo and Rey go off together at the end and would probably have a lot of scenes alone together next movie didn't he? If Colin decides to do something it'll probably be between them.
>>
Well, this has been fun guys but I gotta go to bed.
Btw, I was lying the whole time.
>>
File: IMG_0273.jpg (43KB, 587x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0273.jpg
43KB, 587x370px
>>83583380
i don't even really want romance but at least rey and kylo would be semi interesting. and colin t. loves romance, so there will definitely be something between somebody in IX.
>>
>>83562763
>she is a reincarnation of the first force user
god damn it why can't I quit caring about this franchise?
>>
>>83583518

For the record, this asshole used my name to say horrible shit. I think everyone will be pleased with the finished results. Basically, it's as good or better than TFA and of course better than the prequels.
>>
>>83583625
Get a tripcode next time.
>>
>>83583340
Finn and Poe are fuck buddies.
>>
>>83580942
You're not wrong.
>>
I can't believe you all fell for that.
>>
>>83565032
KEK
>>
>>83564510
Dr /pol/, I'm CIA
>>
>>83583543
>>
>>83583625
When the fuck did I say anything "horrible"?
Do you really think all of us are only one? What makes you think you aren't me? Go fuck yourself you impostor shit.
>>
>>83562407
>I don't know how to reply to specific comments
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>83584112

We never fought like this before we were married.
>>
>>83572584
>>83572622
>>83572685
Do Rey and Luke fuck?
>>
File: 1231172708093.jpg (15KB, 402x378px) Image search: [Google]
1231172708093.jpg
15KB, 402x378px
>>83562252
Sage
>>
>>83562763
wtf I hate Rey now.
>>
>>83584112
just tell us if any reylo happens faggot
>>
>>83580942
>Literally the only differences are Greedo shooting first, Jabba talking with Solo, and a different song number and more Boba Fett in ROTJ.
>>
>>83585036
This. Is there any hint of them having formed a force bond during the interrogation scene in TFA? Also do they go into Ben's backstory at all?
>>
I believe him
>>
>>83585134
This. He doesn't mention anything about the "mysterious connection" the databank talks about and that shit was just added earlier this year so it must have something to do with TLJ.
>>
>>83569854

These movies are fan fiction, dumbass. The original creators aren't making them.
>>
>>83563609
You cannot be serious, you surely must be playing a shill for a laugh
>>
>>83585097
Greedo never shot. There was no "number" in ROTJ, there was forgettable music replaced by a awful cgi horror-show. The entire assault on the death star was turned cg. All of these insane, out of place creatures got dropped in everywhere

imagine if someone took your favorite film, and dropped in a bunch of Minions. That's exactly what that shit looks like to me. Godfather 1& 2: now with dancing minions, 2001: crew now has minion sidekicks running around their feet etc.
>>
>>83585381
This liar was acting like Kylo was barely doing anything important in this movie even though his face is right next to Luke's on the fucking poster. I'm not buying that he goes Soul Searching: Vader Style and only enters the real plot at the very end.
>>
File: IMG_0948.jpg (12KB, 273x185px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0948.jpg
12KB, 273x185px
>>83565704
Sounds legit. These guys have been popping up all over new canon. And you can hear them in TFA
>>
>>83585258
Me too.
>>
File: porgsketch.jpg (51KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
porgsketch.jpg
51KB, 768x768px
Here's a sketch of the possible crack penguins
>>
>>83585979
did you ever imagine you'd type that sentence in your life?
>>
>>83575945
Except that the production stated they are using DJ as a placeholder already in not OP but do some research
>>
>>83585979
>we minions now
>>
File: a76.png (167KB, 874x606px) Image search: [Google]
a76.png
167KB, 874x606px
>>83585979
>>
Guys...GUYS... I think OP is legit I tweeted at Rian Johnson about Anakin/Force sloth thing.

And my tweet was deleted
>>
>>83586399
I want to believe
>>
>>83586399
Great David
>>
>>83585459
I'll preface this by claiming I'm clinically retarded. With that out of the way, I was being sincere and honestly think this guy might know something.
>>
>>83586399
Fuck. You better watch out. Disney might delete you next!
>>
>>83562252
Did you get fired for being a bitch or acting like a bitch?
>>
>>83583625
>it's as good or better than TFA
so almost worthless
Thread posts: 282
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.