[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the blood in vampire films a metaphor for sex and/or vagina?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 11

Is the blood in vampire films a metaphor for sex and/or vagina?
>>
>>83557077
The blood represents symbolism.
>>
>>83557077
Sex.
>>
>>83557077
Nothing sexual about a badboy sneaking into young virgin's room in the middle of the night penetrating her and making her his.
>>
the blood is cum
>>
File: 1491267034569.png (29KB, 741x568px) Image search: [Google]
1491267034569.png
29KB, 741x568px
i want vampire gf wat that mean
>>
That would make this the Brokeback Mountain of vampire movies, wouldn't it?
>>
>>83557158
And how the vampires act when they are near humans is just like I act near women when I haven't had sex for a long time.
>>
>>83557077

No, it's the produce of workers being leeched off them by aristocrats and capitalists
>>
>>83557220
you want a girl with a strap on to fuck you in the ass
>>
File: 1492448719921.png (25KB, 669x514px) Image search: [Google]
1492448719921.png
25KB, 669x514px
>>83557269
yes
>>
>>83557268
Lenin it's time to go.
>>
Of course you fucking retard, did you just now read the erotic story known as Dracula?
>>
>>83557268
>being so much of an ideologue you see the people your holy book told you to hate as vampires

I'm lmaoing at your life
>>
>>83557268
>>83557419
He IS right though. iirc the vampire fad came during the decadence of the Victorian age as a critic to rich aristocrats feasting while the people starved. It's uncanny how popular it also got in Russia.
>>
>>83557077
>He hasn't read Dracula

Lmaoing at your life OP.
>>
>>83557608
I read it when I was 10.

t. OP
>>
>>83557077
Vampires are a metaphor for the backwards evil of the continentals.
>>
>>83557587
>It's uncanny how popular it also got in Russia.
it's a slav myth duh
>>
>>83557994
Then you SHOULD know that most modern vamp shit is all sexual and eroticism for women n' shit.
>>
hymen breakage
>>
>>83558242
nothing modern about it, contrary to the commie belief itt Stoker hated their kind
>>
>>83559357
Doesn't Stoker kinda... I dunno.. Predate communism?
>>
That's one way to interpret it.I prefer the vampire as a metaphor for class instead and indeed that's what most movies tend to go for where vampires represent billionaires leeching off of working class people.
>>
Did you recently watch Valerie and Her Week of Wonders, OP?
>>
>>83560076
Then why does a vampier bite turn you to a vampier if it isn't about moral depravity?
>>
>>83557077
Not sex directly, but the race implies sex.
Some lit people have argued that the fascination with blood taint in Dracula was representing both the terrible syphilis plague of the time and the threat of miscegenation (yes, that include niggers, but in a more general sense of corruption of the race that you can relate to the discovery of various degenerative diseases, and particularly genetic ones).
>>
>>83560531
Because the "class" interpretation makes no fucking sense. Dracula is a business autist that takes 10x too much time to make a simple contract and can't negotiate for shit. He could read the art of the deal. While he is very rich in Romania, his finance fit in his London environment and he never interacts with the British underclass.
The sexual part is definitely there, but even that is an artificial restriction. Dracula is stopped by an über Victorian le rational 19th century hero spreading sacramental bread over London.
>>
>>83559939
>he thinks communism started with the soviet union
let me guess, American
>>
>>83561661
Nooo... I guess I just didn't think of Marx/Engels as coming later I guess.

Anyway, fuck you.
>>
>>83561757
*I thought Marx/Engels come later*
>>
>>83557077
Sexuality is the pleb belief.

Folkloric Eastern European vampires, what we are most familiar with (for vampiric creatures exist in many folklore traditions), are essentially products of poor understanding biology and superstition surrounding disease and evil. Symptoms of many diseases, like tuberculosis, were often believed to be signs of a vampire attack, like wasting away, weakness, sensitivity and blood on the night clothes coughed up at night. Corpses, when dug up to be inspected for vampirism, were bloated and red and seeping with bloody juices, the connection being that, obviously, this is a cursed undead monster that has been feeding upon the blood of the wasting victim. Vampires were harbingers of filth and disease.

There's also more religious, both Christian and pagan, symbolism to be found in the vampire. They hid from the light of the life-bringing sun. They fed on blood, which both cannibalistic and also a mockery of the holy Eucharist - instead of partaking in the holy blood of Christ, it's the mortal blood of men. They were believed to be sinners, variously murderers and thieves, who died with sin in their hearts and existed merely to spread suffering as they did in life. Vampires were some of the most concentrated forces of evil a poor village could face.

Even the earliest literary vampires were monsters - Byron and Polidori's Lord Ruthven was a heartless mockery of a man who appeared noble and high, but was an unholy, unliving creature. Carmilla was a weak, wraith-like thing of corruption. Dracula was an overtly Satanic, unnatural force. His story is fun because instead of having to go out to weird places to experience the scary stuff, it's coming to you, it's a very novel idea for the day.
>>
>>83562370
Don't try. The "educated" thing is to interpret everything everything in terms of sex and/or economic relations.
>>
>>83562370
Looks like someone read the same book I did.

Sure, it's about Rabies and its effect on culture etc. but it covers pretty much everything you wrote about vampires verbatim.

Pretty fun little book. Rabies is fucking terrifying man.
>>
>>83562940
I have to admit, I've never even heard of it, but rabies is another one of those diseases people would mistake for stuff. They used to say porphyria was another, but that condition is just so so rare there's no way it had enough impact. Could have added to someone's account somewhere, though, and all that stuff gets mixed up over time. It's why vampires have to count all grains of rice and can't cross running water and all that other weird stuff modern cool vampires don't have to worry about.
>>
>>83558186
It's hurting me that I actually forgot about that.
>>
>>83557224
But it is...
>>
Did anyone actually like the 30 Days Of Night movie?

Maybe it was just the right conditions, vampire stuff used to spook me a lot as a kid, the theater I was in was running the AC full blast while it was cold outside, only movie that spooked the shit out of me as an adult and I loved the fuck out of it.

Only worked once though, movie doesn't do anything for me anymore.
>>
Post some vampire kino
>>
File: 1400891968570.jpg (72KB, 511x724px) Image search: [Google]
1400891968570.jpg
72KB, 511x724px
>>83563573
Peak Ferrara, peak Walken. One of the best horror films of the past 30 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l00zIVTBr3g
>>
>>83563573
brett cokers dracula or whatever that guys name was
>>
>>83563466
It was okay, impressed when I saw it. They removed the boss vampire from the comic though, an even stronger, older vampire shows up and says 'what the fuck are you stupid niggers doing now everyone will know we exist'. Also the writer of the comic, like most people in comics, is a massive jackass.
>>
>>83563573
Nosferatu (both 1922 for Max Schrek's still-to-be-topped make up and 1979 for that dreamlike atmosphere)

FFC's Dracula for the absolutely gorgeous visuals and goofiness, terrible adaptation though

Shadow of the Vampire for Willem Dafoe as a vampire
>>
i think op is trying to hint at a menstrual reference in vampire stories but im guessing you guys dont spend a lot of time around women
>>
>>83562370
>>83562940
>>83563137
Redpill me on vampires.
Why can't they cross water, why can't they eat garlic, why don't they project images in mirrors?
>>
>>83557077
Nosferatu has many uncanny parallels to dark aspects of the Jewish race. The parallels are subtle enough to escape Jewish censorship, yet are eerily apparent to anyone familiar with Jewry.

Murnau may have plagiarized Nosferatu's Count Orlock from Bram Stoker's Dracula; however, it can be argued that Bram Stoker plagiarized Dracula from Jewish identity.

Nosferatu's facial features are extremely reminiscent of those creepy-looking Polish Jews in the film, Eternal Jew. Anyone who has also watched Eternal Jew will gasp at the genetically diseased faces of Jewry. Yes, it's true that Jews suffer from many of their own, exclusive genetic diseases.

The vampire's seering hatred of Christianity and all its symbols barely holds a match to the blasphemy against Christ in the Jewish Talmud. Just as the vampire shrieks away from the crucifix and writhes in anguish from holy water, Jews lay Cabalistic curses upon the graves of Christians and allege that Christ had sex with his donkey and even now is drowning in boiling hot excrement.

Count Orlock brainwashes an Anglo Saxon gentile to serve him unswervingly, then arranges to relocate to Western Europe, bringing with him the plague and inevitably the destruction of the people. As illustrated in Rockwell's fable, The Ducks and the Hens, Jews recapitulate this exact same cycle in every civilization gullible enough to accept them.

There's one other thing worth mentioning. The vampire by nature cannot see his own reflection in the mirror; nor is the Jew capable of self-examination. In light of the extreme hypocrisy in the Jewish psyche, I'm more than a little tempted to hold a mirror in front of the next Jew that crosses my path...just to be sure.
>>
>>83563960
>Why can't they cross water, why can't they eat garlic, why don't they project images in mirrors?

Fictions, my friend. The vulgar fictions of a demented Irishman.
>>
>>83563960
Pretty sure those traits in particular are Bram Stoker hallmarks.
>>
Vampires carry heavy sexual undertones, yes.
The draining of blood from the neck is an embrace no much different from a passionate kiss, it's all very sensual. In most fiction vampires will also mainly (or even only) go for victims of the opposite sex - a male vampire isn't after a guy, he want a girl. There's also the temptation aspect - sure he's an evil creature, but when he's offering eternal life, maybe that's not so bad.
>>
>>83562856
Yeah but when you look at the way like 99% of fiction portrays vampires, it's obvious there's lots of sex metaphors going on.
>>
Speaking of counting grain n' shit, are there any good, noteworthy movies about Chinese hopping vampires (Jianshi)?
>>
>>83564043
It was not uncommon for authors to assign Jewish traits to their antagonists. Charles Dickens' Oliver Twist assigned Jewish characteristics to the raggedy, pick-pocketing, Jewish-looking villain who recruited street children into their dark underworld. Even in A Christmas Story, Ebineezer Scrooge possessed the miserly, selfish and cold-hearted characteristics of a Jew. William Shakespeare's Merchant of Venice is another example. In addition, Victor Hugo didn't care for Jews either. I've read both Les Miserables and Hunchback of Notre Dame and can see how Hugo may have brilliantly done this as well. Les Miserables is a tear-jerking story which artfully sublimates the Aryan trait of altruism over the Jewish trait of self-egoism and avarice. And the Hunchback of Notre Dame does contain a "gypsy" underworld, involving the kidnapping of Gentile children, etc. Jews were notorious for kidnapping and ritualistically sacrificing Gentile children during that era.
>>
File: 1446510293992.jpg (15KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1446510293992.jpg
15KB, 400x400px
>>83564043
>>
>>83563960
That is stuff only an actual educated folklorist could give you a real answer about. Those are regional variants of various myths that got mixed up over time. The garlic thing, at the very least, is related to disease and disease prevention, but you also have to understand, back 200 years ago in eastern Europe, they didn't have this codified image of a vampire we have with all the set up rules and stuff. In one village it can do this, in another village it's weak to this, but way over the forest yonder, it's completely different. Undead creatures of a folkloric kind are never born solid, they're ideas and beliefs that meld together over time. There's a Greek term for an undead monster, vrykolakas (or something similar) that is interchangeable with vampire and werewolf.
>>
>>83564235
That's a problem from cinema, especially recent adaptations. Dracula in Bram Stoker is an ugly man and there is not much sexual innuendo. If anything, it is at the start with the vampire women in the castle toying with the barrister. 1922 Nosferatu is a creature alien enough to enter the realm of demon-bestiality.
I blame Lugosi 1931 portayal. He turned Dracula into a perfect hairline aristocratic billionaire gentleman and is much more direct in his approach. He isn't that sexualised but from this it was easy to drift.
>>
>>83564043
>>83564288
Interesting how hatred/mistrust of the Jews has been pretty much universal civilization-wise, I mean, they're the primary reason any of the Abrahamic religions even exist.
>>
File: Jackie.jpg (29KB, 465x437px) Image search: [Google]
Jackie.jpg
29KB, 465x437px
>>83564043
>>83564288
Not sure if ironic or redpilled, but it was actually a good reading.
>>
>>83564498
This, I understood the garlic bit being associated with plague doctors who always kept strong-smelling herbs in their bird beak nosed masks to ward off the plague/illness in general.
>>
>>83564521
There's something to be said for John Polidori introducing aristocratic vampires back in 1816 with Lord Ruthven, but even then, that was meant to reflect Lord Byron and his tendencies, and it was not meant to be sexy. Ruthven was a cold, murderous mockery of a man.

I agree that Lugosi's Dracula is heavily to blame, but literature did the worst damage. Anne Rice popularized our current modern image of it like no one else.
>>
File: kicked_out.png (274KB, 640x567px) Image search: [Google]
kicked_out.png
274KB, 640x567px
>>83564532
pure coincidence, i'm sure
>>
>>83564521
Bram Stoker's Dracule is shown to be a very gracious man as well and he's obsessed with women too.
It was always there m8.
>>
>>83564521
Once he reaches London though, he becomes a mysterious handsome type man.

The mere fact that he was going around, entrancing, seducing and embracing women etc. was racy/erotic enough for a society that hid table legs because they reminded them of uncouth women.
>>
>>83564748
Bram Stoker's Dracula was pretty much Nosferatu. Hollywood is reposnsible fo rhte "suave" Dracula.

Nosferatu was obsessed with gentile women (e.g. Ellen) too btw.
>>
>>83564938
>Bram Stoker's Dracula was pretty much Nosferatu

m8 you do know that Murnau's Nosferatu was an unlicensed adaptation of the book Dracula, right?
>>
>>83565007
>autism
>>
>>83565047
>literally being wrong
>>
>>83565007
I think he knows this.
He's just saying that Dracula was not meant to be a Dom Juan. He's an undead ghoul that still can physically pass as an ugly man. Some later adaptations made him more sexual. Then some even later adaptations turned vampires into edgy emos.
>>
>>83565083
>autism, again
>>
>>83565132
How dense are you? The novel that fucking invented the character Dracula showed him to be a gracious, proud aristocrat with a taste for women and romance.
>>
>>83565132
It'd be really great if he had explained that instead of doing whatever the fuck
>>83565047
>>83565184
was supposed to pass for.
>>
>>83565247
>proud aristocrat with a taste for women and romance
Nope Not him, but have you read Dracula? Dracula openly states he could love, but doesn't. He attacks Lucy because she's a sleepwalker and susceptible to his influence. He attacks Mina because she is clearly the core of the group and makes them vulnerable. You're too caught up on later vampire fiction.

He's a conniving, old world creature that underhandedly imprisons Harker in his castle and does everything but actually openly threaten him.
>>
>>83565387
He was fucking obsessed with Lucy. And I don't think it's a coincidence his targets are women.
>>
>>83565509
He's also an evil foreigner
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.