[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pirates of the Caribbean

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: salazar.jpg (71KB, 918x611px) Image search: [Google]
salazar.jpg
71KB, 918x611px
I was actually surprised at how entertaining this turned out to be, the script is still lazy and that flashback sequence utterly unwanted but this managed to get back the style and energy OST lost. The bank chase, the guillotine, the ghost sharks, the cannon climb and the decaying ghost crew were just the tits. Not even mentioning Carina's. How did /tv/ feel about it? Excited for a sequel?

1 > 2 > 5 > 3 >>> 4
>>
The ending was rushed shit. I expected Salazar and his men to die in an actual ship-to-ship battle (despite their ship being overpowered), not drown like pussies.
The "whoreologist" joke was one of the funnier scenes.
>>
>>83546567
The movie is full of missed opportunities, Will being nothing but an excuse to start the quest for the Trident, the whole Carina/Barbossa relationship being rushed, Salazar's character being underdeveloped.

>The "whoreologist" joke was one of the funnier scenes
Nothing will top the guillotine though.
>>
>>83546792
> Salazar's character being underdeveloped.
I think LE SBARRO was good enough development
>>
>>83546232
>hello beautiful
>>
>>83547720
Better than Blackbeard I guess.
>>
>>83546792
I liked the "cold" joke when Jack is holding the mini-pearl.
>>
>>83548627
>Jack is holding the mini-pearl
Cute shit.
>>
What was the point of the compass? Him giving it away divided the heavens but they never explained that, or I wasn't paying attention.
>>
>>83548662
The compass disliked being traded for beer, so it punished Jack by releasing the ghosts.

Considering how many people died, the compass is kind of a dick.
>>
>>83546232
I liked Salazar's use of his sword and cane as crutches.
>>
>>83548662
Asspull magic. Also shitty retcon is shitty. The whole flashback sequence was literlaly the writers admitting that they had no idea what they were doing and didn't begni to care either.
>>
>>83548723
That was neat but why would he even do that in the first place? Guy looked fine when he was taking out all those pirate ships with his thick plot armor until Jack stripped him of all of it.
>>
>>83548740
i think there was too much supernatural shit in this one. they should stick to one or two phenomena in a movie. this one was completely full of ghost witch mcguffin shit. like the random metal colossus that jumps off salazar's ship.
>>
>>83548800
Didn't trigger me as hard as AWE and OST to be honest.
>>
>>83546792
>The movie is full of missed opportunities

The Queen Anne's Revenge is sorely missed.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.