[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>creating pure kino out of capeshit source material...is such

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

File: Logan_2017_poster[1].jpg (98KB, 220x326px) Image search: [Google]
Logan_2017_poster[1].jpg
98KB, 220x326px
>creating pure kino out of capeshit source material...is such a thing even possible?
>yes it is
>>
>>83543727
Does "kino" apply to 8/10 movies, now? I thought it was 10/10 or it wasn't kino.
>>
>>83543731
well in this case it seems to apply to a 3/10, so apparently.
>>
File: 1438421867161.jpg (121KB, 687x687px) Image search: [Google]
1438421867161.jpg
121KB, 687x687px
>>83543727
>that 30 minute sequence in the middle of the movie with the black family

Real classy to pull the "racist honkeys shuttin off the good, god loving black familys water just because the color of their skin". Seriously, they act like it's the 1930s. That shit doesn't happen and I felt condescended on during that shit
>>
>>83543727
Logan was fucking shit.

Jesus christ /tv/, your standards have really dropped. First BvS, then Rogue One, now this shit.
>>
>>83543795
It was ripped straight from Firestarter, too. "Man goes on run from organization after his daughter and her supernatural abilities, ends up at a farmhouse where the bad guys catch up to them and wreak havoc." Yet, along with the scenes of Shane on the TV, the farm scene is the best part of the whole movie.
>>
>>83543795
At that point you knew this was 100% political bullshit movie.
>niggers owning a farm and being christen
>niggers with a biological father in the family
I love how we never see nigger jews in movies, I want them to make a 6million jew movie with nothing but niggers. Even the nazis.
>>
>>83543831
It was such fucking shit. It's a "grown up movie" made for 12 year olds. When you get past the thrill of hearing the f-word and seeing Wolverine kill people, it's boring as hell.
>>
>>83543870
wew lad
>>
>>83543885
But it wasn't boring because the girl was cute
>>
>>83543727
its shit
>>
>>83543885
>it's boring as hell

sorry you feel that way about character development
>>
>>83543929
Meaning you're a paedophile. Great, so if a movie has a cute 8 year old it's good.

Fucking imbecile.
>>
>>83543929
Yeah, really redeemed it from the 2 and a half hours of godawful plotting and edgy cynicism in a lowest-common denominator Hollywood blockbuster.
>>
>>83543965
Pretty much the only reason I watch movies these days it to see qt girls desu
>>
>>83543951
What character development? Logan just acts bitter and pissed the whole time and the little girl doesn't talk for the first two hours. Don't mistake edgy for substance.
>>
>>83544009
same

it wasnt hard to see why that one film was called
miracles from heaven
>>
>>83543870

We know you're a really tough son of a bitch because you said nigger a whole bunch.
>>
>>83543727
This movie was mediocre and the performances were less characterful and more just transplanting the actors from their daily lives into the "roles". There was a tragic misuse of cool characters/abilities, and the scene with the kids in the forest in addition to the stupid clone shit were all retarded. This is a movie that just sells a gimmick - old mutants want to die/retire/life sucks and I hate young people.

It was basically the same as the one where Wolvervine fights the robot samurai in terms of poignancy or overall value but people think its good because it has a shitty orange filter.
>>
File: 1481644892799.jpg (579KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1481644892799.jpg
579KB, 1080x1080px
>>83543870
>evil automata takes work from good ol' american dream farmer
>>
>>83544010
well, i thought it was interesting to see the relationship between logan and charles. two dying superheroes taking care of each other.
>>
So the bad guys would probably have had a ton of that green healing stuff in their van, seeing that they brought fake Logan with them. It's a pity the kid didn't check and pump him full of the stuff at the end.
>>
>>83544152
>saying nigger on 4cuck is edgy
Nigga please.
>>
>>83544186
>This is a movie that just sells a gimmick

drama is a gimmick now?
>>
>>83543870
It was a great moment of charity according to christian principles created by Augustine and Aquinas.

Fucking pleb.
>>
>>83543727
for capeshit levels its a 10/10.

for the usual movie level its a 6/10

its watchable but nothing special. that it gets hyped like this is a sign of how bad the average capeshit really is.
>>
>>83543727
It's fucking garbage just give up
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-06-03-01h27m48s792.jpg (128KB, 1920x834px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-06-03-01h27m48s792.jpg
128KB, 1920x834px
>>
>that hackneyed plot
>adamantium bullets
>kino

It's okay for the fact that it does something different with superheroes, but other than that it's trash.
>>
>>83543727
it was a soulless Léon for retards, which isn't a highbrow film to begin with.

my expectations weren't great for a comic book movie but i managed to be let down
>>
>>83547191
>Logan, I saw you die… It’s not like I get a complete picture. More like looking through a keyhole. But I’m always right. All I can see is one part of a person’s life: their death. And I saw yours… I see you on your back, there’s blood everywhere. You’re holding your own heart in your hand.
Truly, it was kino all along.
>>
>>83543731

People who unironically use the word "kino" are autistic faggots.

This is how the brony fandom started, and ironic joke that people took seriously. Now kys.
>>
>>83547776
I don't think anon was being serious, friend.
>>
Everyone in this film is stupid, despite it trying to be "mature". Just kill the guy before asking a helpless vampire to throw him down the ditch, jeez. Had this been a standard superhero movie, I'd forgiven them. "Don't shoot the girl, she heals" - peerless logic. "Oh no, the trains has separated us, should I tell the guys to shoot through the gaps as the train moves? Naah, the bullets can't be THAT fast".
"Twists" can be predicted from a mile away. They're gonna buy a boat, riight.
How did Logan managed to text the mexican lady, even though he can't read?
The action is a joke. And not a single dramatic moment that wasn't forced. This is probably the most overrated movie I've ever watched.
>>
Only first half is kino though. Second half is shit.
>>
Logan reminded me of Get the Gringo. That's the only good thing about it.
>>
>>83547776
People who use the word kino are autistic faggots.
>>
It's about 45 minutes too long, very repetitive.
>>
>>83543727
Movie kinda took a hit when Logan 2.0 appeared.
>>
>>83543795
That was the best part. Till they died.
>>
This is a "mature" movie for people who watch nothing but capeshit and the IMDB top 250.
>>
>>83547672
Truly, it was also the same director. So of course there would be continuity.
>>
File: 787-9_detail.jpg (37KB, 331x257px) Image search: [Google]
787-9_detail.jpg
37KB, 331x257px
I like the subtle nod to sterilants in the food
>>
>>83548460
How much capeshit one must watch to get burned out?

Ultron was my limit.
>>
>>83548700
How many movies must one watch to get burned out?
Most movies are shit in general. Every now and then there's one you really enjoy, and that's the same with capeshit.
>>
How long did it take you to come up with that sentence OP? Must have been hard in between all the dick sucking.
>>
>>83543727
Saw it yesterday. I was not impressed. I honestly thought I was in for something great, the way /tv/ likes to talk this movie up.

But it wasn't that good. It bumbled along. Something about watching a stupid little girl screaming and killing fully grown men in military gear just looked fucking stupid.
>>
File: ....jpg (88KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
....jpg
88KB, 960x960px
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAA
>>
>>83543870
wow son, you sure are a big, smart, daring fella, arncha?
>>
>>83543870
>there are people who watch movies exclusively through those goggles
>>
>>83543727
I feel like this movie could've been A LOT better. It stuck with me for personal reasons (firstly for the >>83548783 vibes and secondly for it being Jackman's last film) and it did a lot of stuff really well.

But the "Wolverine has to fight another adamantium-regen guy as the final boss" thing was tired, as was the "let's go randomly stop by this farmhouse where obviously nothing bad is going to happen". The boring suit boss guy turning up was boring and overdone, but they did at least spin that by having him get shot mid-speech.
>>
>>83548700
I haven't watched a superhero movie since the first iron man
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.