[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has finally settled

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

Is it good or bad and is it worth watching?
>>
>>83543274
>is it bad?
yes of course its a netflix original and capeshit as well
>is it worth watching
sure, if you like the other marvel shit netflix produced its on-par, a bit better then LC, its almost worth watching just for wenham he's great
>>
No it was very shitty.
The fights were awful
The characters were boring
The actors seemed bored and uninterested
Music was bad
Main Villains were dumbed down recycles from DD
Effects were lazy
Danny was annoying and didn't look intimidating at all
>>
>>83543519
>The fights were awful
How was this allowed in an Iron Fist series?
>>
>>83543274
>I'm Iron Fist. I never lose.
>He never actually lost a single fight.
Brilliant.
>>
>>83543562
Presumably all the other actors dropped out so they went with their last choice known for playing a gay twink with 3 weeks before filming who only holds a black belt in cock gobbling, so they had to do their best with that the actor could perform
>>
Suffers from their mad-dash to release it. Shitty fights and the usual shit writing of "How do we build tension? The protagonist is clearly strong enough to take down all these guys but we want this conflict to go on another episode. Instead of writing in a reason why he can't stop this guy, we'll just slow down the editing so he's holding a guy in a headlock for 20 seconds."
>>
Still better than Luke Cage.
I doubt not black person can like this show.
>>
File: p15_0 copy.jpg (424KB, 1000x1518px) Image search: [Google]
p15_0 copy.jpg
424KB, 1000x1518px
>>83543274
if anyone liked the concept they should just read The Immortal Ironfist, its probably one of the best comic series marvel has even produced
>>
I liked it more than Luke Cage. I really didn't get the problem with it. It wasn't even the worst one.
>>
>>83543405
>yes of course its a netflix original
Bait, but I'll bite. Netflix has a plethora of good original programming now, it's actually recently gotten to the point where I can't even watch it all. They're basically a full blown network at this point.
>>
>>83543962
>has a plethora of good original programming now
lol go nuts shill, name one
>>
>>83543274
It wasn't really that great, but I think the low reviews on Rotten Tomatoes were way too harsh. If you read the reasoning behind the low reviews it was literally "he's a fucking white male".

It got a 17%, that's absurd. The audience gave it a 78%. I'd give it like 70%. It wasn't as good as Daredevil, but it was better than Luke Cage. Probably equal to Jessica Jones.
>>
>>83543981
Don't really use Netflix but they have 126 original shows/movies and I pretty sure at least one of them are good

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_original_programs_distributed_by_Netflix
>>
>>83544270
Name one you idiotic intern
>>
>>83544270
try naming one you blatant shill
>>
>>83544383
Stranger things, House of Cards DareDevil, Narco, Marco Polo, 13 Reasons Why etc...
>>
>>83544518
I could go through show by show and explain why those are utter trash, but I'll instead say that house of cards is the only one of that pile of shit that even approaches a decent show
>>
>>83544581
Have you even watched any of those shows?
>>
>>83544666
yep, you obviously haven't though, did you just search 'highest rated shows on netflix'?
>>
File: rage.png (128KB, 552x556px) Image search: [Google]
rage.png
128KB, 552x556px
Its dissapointing. Danny doesnt feel fleshed out. I wish he had more interactions with other characters other than the Nurse, the love interest, and his under-developed monk friend. I always hate when the main character interects mainly with the love interest, it denies them any other dimensions when done poorly, which it usually is.
>>
>>83544581
Go ahead and start with 13 Reasons Why. I and all of my platonic female friends love that show. Go ahead, explain why it's bad.
>>
>>83544807
Why is it good?
>>
>>83544807
nope your a shill or simply a massive pleb, just fuck off
>>
>i spent 20 years learning discipline with magic monks but i still get angry at the drop of a hat
>let me quote this guy you've never heard of before
>>
>>83543274
Why didn't they get an Asian guy that knows martial arts?
>>
>>83544883
that would've been much worse, Danny Rand is not asian, its a big part of the character actually
>>
>>83544709
No, those are all the Netflix shows that I've watched that I liked. I've also watched Hemlock Grove, Orange is the new black and Jessica Jones but I didn't really like those shows.

Also I was about to watch the War Machine movie today.
>>
>>83544907
>>83544907
Why is he angry manchild even after his training with monks?
>>
>>83544963
ok I hope their paying you enough for this, I seem to remember a line something like
>Don't really use Netflix
oh wait that was you, huh, try and stay consistent intern
>>
>>83544972
cause if you got his actual backstory it would make sense, danny watched his mom torn apart by wolves, the monks did fuck all to save her, his dad was genuinely crazy and killed his whole family except for danny, and harold meecham left him to die as a 10year old, while laughing his ass off, thats not even the beginning, he's got lots of reasons to be angry. They nerfed him on the show in every convivable way, still better then LC
>>
It's actually the best-written and best-paced of the Marvel Netflix shows (apart from S1 DD) but has lousy fight scenes. I guarantee you that every other criticism of Iron Fist that people have made (Danny a shit, etc) wouldn't have been made if only the fights had been good.
>>
>>83545033
I obviously wasn't the one who linked the Wikipedia article, are you retarded?
>>
>>83545130
yea sure thing shill, I believe you too
>>
>>83544972

The story is a reasonably subtle critique of quasi-oriental disciplines. The monks that teach Danny are sadistic assholes, the Hand are a predatory cult that brainwash kids, all Danny's Zen training is worthless when it comes to solving his deep emotional problem, etc. His manlet friend Davis a jealous asshole.

That's why Danny is Iron Fist; because of his inner goodness of heart, which has fuck all to do with the extensive training & teaching he's received.
>>
>>83544972
>>83545191
Davos is also the silver serpent another immortal weapon and the no1 arch enemy of IronFist, goddamn I liked the show a lot more then the others except for DD but they really fucked with the lore
>>
>>83545145
Whatever boyo, just said that Netflix has some good shows. Why are you calling me a shill? You don't even need Netflix to watch them, you can just pirate them online.
>>
>>83545313
fine w/e, they really don't tho, on another topic whats hemlock grove like? like grimm? is it werewolves, really I need something to watch
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.