[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dialogue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: APOC.png (575KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
APOC.png
575KB, 1280x800px
Favorite bits of Dialogue thread

>"Who's your commanding officer?"
>"Ain't You?"

I love these lines because it's the point in Apocalypse Now where the viewer realizes just how mad the Vietnam War was, if they haven't already. I mean, not having a commanding officer and having the soldiers fight on their own, but this scene and these two lines make it worse by implying that these soldiers don't have a CO, and worse yet, they don't know it.

Or, in my theory, and probably the worst of matters, there is a CO and he's present, but his mind is gone and he doesn't know, just like the soldiers in the Do Lung bridge scene.

And to boot, the end of the scene explains that they build the bridge every night only to have it blown up by VC and they do this perpetually which is the figurative definition of insanity, doing something over and over, expecting change. These two lines of dialogue are where it hit me just how confusing and utterly insane the war was.

So with that, your favorite lines of dialogue w/ or w/o explanation.
>>
File: IMG_0525.jpg (93KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0525.jpg
93KB, 720x1080px
>>83542437
>Got anything to declare?
>Yeah, don't go to England

>It's behind you Tyrone. When you reverse, things come up from behind.

>Do you know what Nemesis means? A righteous infliction of retribution, manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by a 'orrible cunt. Me.
>>
>>83542437
>and having the soldiers fight on their own, but this scene

and having the soldiers fight on their own is one thing, but...

my bad.
>>
No, the best dialogue from Apocalypse Now is:

>"They said that you had gone totally insane and that your methods were unsound."

>"Are my methods unsound?"

>"I don't see any method at all, sir."
>>
>>83542691
I like this line too, but I can't quite explain why.

Can you?
>>
File: bowen.jpg (37KB, 789x610px) Image search: [Google]
bowen.jpg
37KB, 789x610px
>I served the father only for the sake of the son. All my hopes rest on him. Forgive a doubting fool. Call when you need of me. Ask what you will of me. My sword, my service, are yours.
>Only remind him always of his vow, knight of the old code.

Dragonheart had a lot of good dialogue in it if you ask me.

>You are the last
>My time is over. STRIKE!
>You are my friend...
>Then as my friend, STRIKE PLEASE!
>>
File: 1483706663849.png (68KB, 600x411px) Image search: [Google]
1483706663849.png
68KB, 600x411px
>"If he even lifts finger, shoot him."
>>
>>83542437
>they do this perpetually which is the figurative definition of insanity, doing something over and over, expecting change
Kill yourself, /v/ermin
>>
>>83542437
last boy scout is a gold mind but this is one of my all time favs

>Alley Thug: All right, you want it in the chest, or the head?
>Joe Hallenbeck: Yeah, that's what your wife said.
>Alley Thug: Hey, would you stop with the wife shit?
>Joe Hallenbeck: Ask me how fat she is.
>Alley Thug: Fuck you, man! How fat is she?
>Joe Hallenbeck: She's so fat I had to roll her >in flour and look for the wet spot. >Motherfucker, if you wanna fuck her you gotta >slap her thigh and ride the wave in. Now I'm >not saying she's fat, her high school picture >was an aerial photograph.
>>
File: 1493238226959.jpg (147KB, 3000x2763px) Image search: [Google]
1493238226959.jpg
147KB, 3000x2763px
>>83542437
>"Who's your commanding officer?"
>"Ain't You?"
>"It Ain't Me!"

Closed MPC right then and there.
>>
>>83543252
this movie is so quotable

>[Joe has just found out that Mike was sleeping with his wife]
>Mike Mathews: It just happened, Joe. It...
>Joe Hallenbeck: Sure, sure, I know... it just happened. Coulda happened to anybody. It was an accident, right? You tripped, slipped on the floor and accidentally stuck your dick in my wife. "Whoops! I'm so sorry, Mrs. H. I guess this just isn't my week."
>>
kiss kiss bang bang

>Perry: We gotta move her somewhere. You got gloves?
>Harry: Excuse me?
>Perry: Gloves. Do you have gloves? You have to move her. If it's a frame-up, some asshole's probably calling the cops on you right now. Do this: wrap up the body in a blanket, a sheet, anything.
>Harry: Okay, any particular kind of gloves?
>Perry: Yes, fawn. Will you fucking hurry!
>Harry: Perry?
>Perry: Yeah?
>Harry: I peed on it.
>Perry: What? You peed on what?
>Harry: I peed on the corpse. Can they do, like, ID from that?
>Perry: I'm sorry, you peed on...?
>Harry: On the corpse. My question is...
>Perry: No, my question, I get to go first: Why in pluperfect hell would you pee on a corpse?
>Harry: I didn't intend to! It's not like I did it for kicks!
>>
>Perry: Go. Sleep badly. Any questions, hesitate to call.
>Harry: Bad.
>Perry: Excuse me?
>Harry: Sleep bad. Otherwise it makes it seem like the mechanism that allows you to sleep...
>Perry: What, fuckhead? Who taught you grammar? Badly's an adverb. Get out. Vanish.
>>
>>83542437
I don't want to talk about dialogue, I want to talk about Apocalypse Now, but you've made the subject dialogue and restricted the discussion to favorite lines of dialogue so I'm leaving.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.