[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Star lord? more like meme lord am i right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1496551810598.webm (2MB, 720x336px) Image search: [Google]
1496551810598.webm
2MB, 720x336px
Star lord? more like meme lord am i right?
>>
>>83541861
I thought it was funny, sue me
>>
>>83541861

yeah that scene was great. It was a lot better to make fun of that ridiculous fight than to take it seriously.

Just look at man of steel and the 20 minute zodd fight. Absolutely terrible, this was kino.
>>
>>83541930
>shitting on MoS fight scene
fucking brainlet marvel cuck
>>
>>83541960
man of steel fell the fuck apart after they landed on earth.

Had some pretty good potential too but instead it just decided to recycle shit and garbage and continue with it for another hour.
>>
>>83541861
Their movement at the beginning of the webm looks awful.
>>
>>83541960
Man of Steel final battle was a fucking shitty CGI anime mess of a fight
>>
>no HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH yet
is /tv/ changing
>>
>>83542037
>it just decided to recycle shit and garbage and continue with it for another hour
You can say this about every fucking Marvel movie besides first Avengers, first Iron Man, first Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man.
>>
>>83541861

I thought the sound effects were unnecessary, but the Pac-man itself was funny. It paid off from the joke earlier about making a giant Pac-man statue.
>>
File: 361013-pixels-facebook-poster.jpg (125KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
361013-pixels-facebook-poster.jpg
125KB, 960x960px
>>83542153
You've found pic related funny too?
>>
>>83542268
>They both featured Pac Man in some way, that mean's they're the same!

Fuck off moron
>>
>>83542268

No, it's not remotely the same thing. If you can't see that, you probably have autism.
>>
>>83542327
Except it is. Both movies put Pac-Man to please the fucking "so retro" crowd.

The difference is - GotG2 didn't make it a plot point.
>>
I'd definitely say the humor in 2 was worse but the rest of it was better in every way to the 1st one. There were more jokes total I think but there was a fair amount of misses. The whole Taserface gag was awful especially and it just kept going. The Pac-Man joke was eh. Drax pretty much saves it all. Even the sensitive nipples thing, which I thought was a one-off joke which was painfully unfunny, got redeemed later when he gets a jetpack slapped on and yells in pain, and all his interactions with Mantis were the best parts of the movie.
>>
>>83542358
>it is the same and here's why it isn't the same

U wot m8
>>
>>83542358
>The difference is - GotG2 didn't make it a plot point.

This is true, but it also is in line with Peter's character and fits his personality and the world he's in. Because he was taken from Earth as a child in the 80's and went traveling with a bunch of space cowboys, along with his attachment to his dead mother and childhood nostalgia, he never fully grew up and draws a lot of his personal identity from his Earth experiences in the 80s, especially since it's something that makes him unique from the people around him.

So when Peter is given fantastical god powers, his childish mind leads him to "I'll build a Pac-man statue!" Essentially, he's just fulfilling impulsive childish urges and tendencies. It comes full circle at the end when he actually does it, which actually shows some insight into his character. Namely that he not only meant what he said, but that even in this superpowered high stakes fight with his father he's still leaning on his childish nostalgia as a coping mechanism.

Sure, it's played for laughs; GotG2 is an action-comedy. But the fact that it all has meaning to the character and purpose in the movie elevates it beyond the basic level of "lol so retro nerd amirite" that Pixels strives for.
>>
>>83541861
I started punching my mom when that scene happened. I just couldn't stand still
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.