[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do people really like this version of David?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 11

File: David.jpg (208KB, 941x1072px) Image search: [Google]
David.jpg
208KB, 941x1072px
No one else was looking forward to a quick-thinking, charismatic and conflicted (but NON-psychopathic) David who would want to help Shaw get the answers she wanted while also discovering more about himself and what it means to exist?

No one thought his betrayal of Shaw and descent into memory degradation, malfunctioning god complex and moustache-twirling villainy basically undid and rewrote all his character development from the last movie?

Seriously, who thought this was a good idea?
>>
I don't know what movie you're talking about and that guy isn't a great actor, he plays the same person in many movies. You should've known.
>>
>>83538465
I felt the same way when the blond chick was crushed in Prom. Could of been an uber comfy survival movie with an uptight commander, an badass scientist, and a their slightly crazy robot pal. But They aren't trying to make a comfy sitcom. Its a horror movie meant to underline how cold and uncaring the universe is.
>>
>>83538465
Did you even watch Prometheus? David was just as much a psychopath.
>>
>>83538465
David being evil is retarded. He was crazy in Prometheus and got people hurt but it was due to his curiosity about the black goo, not just wanting to kill. David in Covenant decides to genocide an entire species for literally no reason at all.
>>
>>83538465
can someone shop that lucas film guy looking at ridley.
>>
>>83538732
This. Can't expect normies to actually remember movies from 5 years ago though.
>>
>>83538465
>friend calls me up
>ayy bro you wanna see covenant
>ME: not really but it looked ok, we should see Prometheus first sicne ive only see half of it should set up the new one nicely
>download Prometheus adn watch
>friend thinks its terrible
>idk bro if Covenant is as bad as this now i dont want to see it
>im all hyped for a movie i didnt even want to see in the first place and now i have no one to go with

...ended up going alone anyway and it was just as horriblw as expected :/
>>
>>83538968

Well one of them did rip his head off.
>>
>>83539490
pottery
>>
>>83538465

The fuck are you on about? David was already a fucking cunt in Prometheus. Still dont know why he put that goo in the guys drink.
>>
>>83538968
>no reason at all
>engineers didn't approve of him, and actually killed Weyland in part because they were so disgusted that Weyland would compare himself to the engineers because he created David
>ripped his head off
>created the race that created him to be a slave

dude, like 30 seconds of abstract critical thought and you wouldn't have made a fool of yourself
>>
>>83538968
Do you seriously think the engineers (if the people on that planet really are engineers) would have let him live? They clearly fucking hated humans and were expecting engineers to be in that ship.
>>
>>83541255
His actions in Prometheus could be looked at as experimental shit he did on Wayland's behalf.

There's no explanation for covenant other than "people liked David and we don't have any answers so let's kill Shaw and have 2 davids"
>>
>>83541389
did you even watch either fucking movie you total retard? jesus fucking christ, why are people on this board incapable of following simple character development. is it autism? david's turn to an unhinged god complex was predicted by everyone paying fucking attention
>>
>>83541389
Although Prometheus did not do a great job of developing and explaining David's motives through exposition, it shouldn't be that hard to figure out. He was always struggling with being considered less than alive. Hell, the entire opening of the movie is him watching films, and playing games, something a "robot" should have no need to do. If anything, Covenant's explanation of David's need to create make his motives more congruent.
>>
>>83538732
>>83539400
>>83541255
>>83541329
>>83541465
I hate it when people are this fucking stupid. It's like you didn't watch the movie, then read the synopsis on Wikipedia and decided to shitpost anyway.

David going psychotic is not character development. It's not even consistent with what he did in Prometheus because at the time he was just following orders. Real development would've been aligning his goals with Shaw and setting aside the shit that happened earlier to solve a greater mystery.

Him going batshit and god crazy was the result of a malfunction as pointed out by Walter. That's not development. He's just a broken tool now. Like you.
>>
>>83543138
The majority of this board are underage teens rebeling against their parents, hence the need to confuse predictable le edgy twisted IM EBIL NAO cliches with something deep.
>>
>>83541382
>They clearly fucking hated humans

Based on what? We literally only see one of them who was in stasis for 2,000 years going on a rampage. That's literally like aliens landing in India, getting raped in ass and assuming all humans should be exterminated.
>>
>>83538465
FUCKING SPOILER FUCKING SPOILER FUCKING SPOILER FUCKING SPOILER FUCKING SPOILER FUCKING SPOILER FUCKING SPOILER FUCKING SPOILER FUCKING SPOILER FUCKING SPOILER FUCKING SPOILER FUCKING SPOILER FUCKING SPOILER FUCKING SPOILER FUCKING SPOILER FUCKING SPOILER FUCKING SPOILER FUCKING SPOILER FUCKING SPOILER FUCKING SPOILER FUCKING SPOILER FUCKING SPOILER FUCKING SPOILER FUCKING SPOILER FUCKING SPOILER FUCKING SPOILER
>>
>>83543229
this is the cringiest thing ive read all day

jesus dude, get off the internet once in a while
>>
>>83543335
Hit a little too close to home, junior? Looks like you're the one who needs to go back.
>>
>>83543307
They figured out that the Engineers were heading back to Earth with a shipfull of bioweapons. Shaw even screams something along the lines of "Why do you hate us?" So that is clearly what the characters believe.
>>
Can someone please tell me why the engineers, being capable of space flight, creating bio weapons and being life wardens live like ancient romans?
>>
>>83543376
If she thought they all felt that way, there'd be no reason to find their home planet. Also no reason to wonder why they didn't kill us off the first time.
>>
>>83543370
Not him, but it was a pretty cliche post.
>everyone who has a different opinion is an underaged teen, not me though, I'm a mature 19 year old.
>>
>>83543138
This is actually a really good post.
>>
>>83543507
No.
>>
>>83543446
Yea, her motivations for going to the home world were pretty silly "I want to find out why they wanted to kill us." David even notes that the reason they want to kill us doesn't matter in Prometheus. Them going for David to goo bomb them to oblivion makes more sense. He seems to have some psychological issues regarding his creator and creation in general. It doesn't seem too far of a leap for him to hate his creator's creator, especially after the whole decapitation thing. Plus, he wiped the slate clean for him to develop the Xenomorphs.
>>
>>83543307
In the AvP stories, the Engineer wanted Earth as a personal vendetta against a specific human who Ruined their shit. They started Geo-forming Earth with their crescent moon ships and black goo until humans killed the fuck out of them.
>>
>>83543307

As retarded as what I'm about to say is, in the original script Jesus was an engineer and was crucified. They pretty much deemed humanity not worth having around after that and were going to black goo bomb.
>>
>>83543621
Really? Sauce?
>>
>>83543686

"We definitely did, and then we thought it was a little too on the nose,” he admits. “But if you look at it as an ‘our children are misbehaving down there’ scenario, there are moments where it looks like we’ve gone out of control, running around with armor and skirts, which of course would be the Roman Empire. And they were given a long run. A thousand years before their disintegration actually started to happen. And you can say, ‘Let’s send down one more of our emissaries to see if he can stop it.’ Guess what? They crucified him."

http://www.indiewire.com/2012/06/did-ridley-scott-just-ruin-the-mystery-of-prometheus-kill-its-sequel-109273/
>>
>>83543603
>In the AvP stories

Stop.
>>
>>83543741
Holy shit, this is laughable. Thanks.
>>
>>83543462
Nice projecting. Also
>Not him

kek
>>
>>83543525
Yes.
>>
>>83543138
>It's not even consistent with what he did in Prometheus because at the time he was just following orders

I don't think Weyland ordered him to stow away the black goo, put black goo in Holloway's drink, and spawn a giant facehugger to facefuck the engineer. He was obviously mentally unstable in Prometheus.
>>
>>83543875
This.
You could tell there were some issues with Weyland from early on in the film. It seemed pretty obvious that David was going to be a villain when he was visably hurt that his father called him soulless on the recording.
>>
>>83543875
>>83544039
Weyland said to do whatever it took so David started experimenting with the goo. Please watch the movie.
>>
File: 1496475077209.jpg (268KB, 746x1022px) Image search: [Google]
1496475077209.jpg
268KB, 746x1022px
>>83544196
That's what you're falling back on?
You're a fucking tool
Prometheus is a clusterfuck of bad decisions, inconsistent writing, and just generally shitty scenes, but David is none of those.
You watch the fucking movie.
>>
>>83544251

David was the only good and consistent thing in the movie. He's a solid 10/10.

Everyone else's retardation was written to make him look even better in comparison.
>>
>>83544039
"unlike you faggots who were byproducts of horny people squatting on each other, this immaculate immortal piece of shit with peerless intellect is completely worthless - why did I even build that wannabe faggot?"

Weyland was a dick.
>>
>>83544196
You can tell pretty easily David hates Weyland. He even says something along the lines of "Everyone wants to see there parents dead" to Shaw before they wake up the Engineer.
>>
>>83544337
"I created you, you are perfect, now bitch pour me some tea!"
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjYp116AXfU
>>
>>83544543

>I can carry out directives that my human counterparts might find... Distressing or unethical.
>>
David is one of the best characters to come out of any recent movie
>>
>>83544196
So we came to different conclusions regarding David's motives, you believing he was following Weyland's orders, and I believing he was acting on his own devices. My interpretation is consistent with the David of the second film, while your's assumes that he went off the rails and became a sociopath "for reals" this time?
>>
>>83544251
>movie is bad, therefore I will only be selective about which parts of its logic I will follow

k
>>
>>83544695
>your's [sic] assumes that he went off the rails and became a sociopath "for reals" this time?

No, Walter literally realizes and points out to David that his wiring got fucked, probably after he got his head reattached. Watch the movie, I won't spoonfeed you anymore.
>>
>>83543603
>we will never get an AvP directed by Ridley Scott
>>
>>83544771
So normal functioning David experiments with alien bioweapon because he is following orders.
Then David experiments with alien bioweapon because he is malfunctioning.
>>
>>83538465
You know why James Cameron subverted the fuck out of the Evil Android trope in Aliens?

Because the Evil Android trope fucking sucks.
>>
>>83544543
>>83544572
Did android have penis? Can i fuck him?
>>
>>83544771

David is consistently sociopathic throughout the two films.

The only difference is he's much more subtle and intelligent about it in Prometheus. In Covenant he's either gone mad or the writing was so shit they didn't try to hide it anymore.

I point towards the writing, 10 years solitary to a robot that doesn't value humanity shouldn't mean anything, he shouldn't go crazy. He should have been far more conniving and subtlehanded in covenant, especially considering his actions in Prometheus.
>>
>>83544884
>equating doing some limited chemical testing with knowingly murdering a human colleague and committing planetary genocide

Yeah nice try.
>>
>>83545044
He was starting to malfunction at that point. I assume that is why it was so on the nose.
>>
>>83545036
You can't have a robot that sexy and not give it junk. That would just be cruel.
>>
>>83544982
>Because the Evil Android trope fucking sucks.

I'm sure Ridley honestly believes he's breaking new ground with the evil android along with the twin switcheroo plot device. He's literally going completely senile.
>>
>>83545044
>David is consistently sociopathic throughout the two films.
He's not just sociopathic, he's malevolent and prone to making terrible decisions. For how intelligent he's supposed to be he seems to share the same Space Fucktard Syndrome that afflicts the rest of the crew as if they're being roleplayed by the people who enjoy Space Station 13.

I haven't seen this new Alien Covenant movie, mostly because I'm horrified that they gave Prometheus 2 a fucking Alien title. Thing is, in Prometheus he is a fucking retard. Oh excuse me while I expose a member of a space ship crew to an aggressive highly powerful and aggressive mutagenic substance outside of a controlled environment and let him gallivant around and do whatever the fuck he wants.

You know, because this research mission's operational security is a non-issue.
>>
>>83538465
BvS > WW > Mos>>> SS
>>
>>83545064
He taunted Shaw about her dad being killed by ebola, an exotic pathogen. He was sadistic. I am sure Weyland told him to be a dick too.
>>
>>83543812
do you have any idea how long I've wanted to talk about this shit? With Covenant, finally the franchise has progressed to a point where its starting to incorporate ideas from the comics. I'm having a field day manning multiple forums spreading the AvP gospel.
>>
>>83545155
This has turned into a containment thread for arguing about minutia of character motives, so go ahead and sperg away.
>>
>>83545118
Prometheus is the name of the ship on the last movie which was destroyed, why the fuck would they call Alien Covenant Prometheus 2? Fucking idiot
>>
>>83545151
Exactly, Weyland told him. Next movie was supposed to be about him moving past that and being a macabre but nonetheless useful android to Shaw. Scott threw that out of the window because audiences and studios demanded more xenomorphs and less mythology.

Covenant is just the waste byproduct.
>>
>>83545155

AVP is bullshit though. It's 100% a franchise cash in and there never should be any canonical connection between the two.

There is no artistry or merit to it, it's the modern day King Kong vs. Godzilla.
>>
>>83545213
Gee maybe because the name of the ship and the name of the film are both a hamhanded as fuck way to compare the idea of the black goo to fire from the story about Prometheus stealing fire from the gods?

Jesus Christ dude how do you not know this?
>>
Did anyone else think Covenant felt really short? I probably zoned out for all of the third act when I realized the actually interesting-for-once continuation of the Prometheus story was abandoned for dumb action schlock.
>>
>>83545241
>AVP is bullshit though. It's 100% a franchise cash in
Meanwhile, its storied history of Aliens and Predators interacting since long before man traveled the stars is both better accepted and more well liked by fans than Prometheus 2. Well done Scott. Well done.
>>
>>83545236
I am so glad I didn't watch the original movie you desrcibed, sounds like shit.
>>
>>83545118
the whole point was David saw himself above all of that. He didn't care if everyone died, his ship was destroyed, and that he was marooned on an alien planet. He was an immortal Android who didn't need humans. He saw his place at the side of the Engineers.
>>
>>83545283
It didn't feel short to me, but the pacing was off. SHTF pretty abruptly once they hit the planet surface, and the tone of the film changed drastically.
>>
>>83545338
>He didn't care if everyone died, his ship was destroyed, and that he was marooned on an alien planet. He was an immortal Android who didn't need humans. He saw his place at the side of the Engineers.
But then his actions directly led to the Engineer's death. By exposing Holloway to the mutagen he indirectly exposed Shaw, and thus the squid monster that came out of her killed his precious Engineer. I mean you would think he would experiment on people in a contained environment but apparently he's an overconfident retard like every other megalomaniac villain.
>>
>>83545241
Eh, I agree there shouldn't be a canonical connection between the movies and the comics. There really isn't a point to preforming the plot gymnastics. But calling the comics KK vs Godzilla is just wrong. Yeah there are a few comics where its just cathartic slaughter. Really though the majority of AvP has nothing to do with A or P. They're just plot points. The comics focus on the human struggle for survival in a brutal fucking universe.
>>
>>83545403
Wow, only AFTER he had his head torn off and Shaw destroyed the ship.
>>
>>83545403
>Weyland treats you like shit
>Engineer you wake up rips your head off
>it's hard being a synthetic
>>
>>83538465
we don't know exactly what happened between Prometheus and Covenant

supposedly the next film in line will be about those events (if it gets greenlit) and somehow I don't think it will be David being a full-antagonist towards Shaw

perhaps he only experiments on her in an attempt to revive her?
>>
>>83545622
>supposedly the next film in line will be about those events

This shit is already a prequel saga, doing a prequel within it and fucking up the chronology even more would be full retard.
>>
>>83545698

I really don't care either way; I just want Scott to continue making this shit
>>
>>83545698
does your brain hurt nigga

maybe don't watch and talk about it then, it's not 4 u
>>
>>83545698
>next movie is David in the future telling a story about how he told Shaw in the past how the Engineers decided to build a bioweapon in the far past.
>>
>>83538465
i think they specifically did that to get away from prometheus because of all the shit it got.

But the plot twist is that prometheus is actually better.
>>
>>83543138
yes yes yes. Walter literally outed him for malfunctioning when he said Ozymandias is written by Elliot(?) instead of Shelley.
>>
>>83544695
> My interpretation is consistent with the David of the second film

I think Ridley Scott and the studio read that Michael Fassbender was getting huge praise as David and so they decided to make the film about him. They even put two of him in the next film. They focused so much on him that the main protagonist of covenant had virtually no character development, I don't even remember her name desu. They changed the story around to make it all about Fassbender and Aliens to appease moronic fans. The original plot trajectory was towards Shaw and David exploring the alien planet.
>>
Aliens>Alien>Covenant>Prometheus>Resurrection>a dumpster full of clown semen>Alien 3
>>
>>83545856

Wrong.

Alien > Aliens > Prometheus > Alien 3 > Covenant.
>>
>>83545846
Daniels was very flat. It seemed like her character ceased development the moment David showed up. Did Covenant bet the Jennifer Lawrence treatment?
>>
>>83545894
this
>>
>>83545856
this
>>
>>83545936
Aliens is not a better film than Alien jesus fucking christ. Anyone who thinks this must be as dumb as bricks.
>>
>>83545894
I might change alien with aliens but the rest i agree with.
>>
>>83545992
They are just really fucking different films. Alien was a great sci-fi horror movie, and Aliens was a great sci-fi war movie. Both have aged pretty well and are pretty classic. Enough so that their success can fuel so.many shitty follow ups.
>>
>>83545814
Shelley instead of Byron*

there
>>
>>83545622

>supposedly the next film in line will be about those events (if it gets greenlit)

It's very unlikely at this point given that Covenant did pretty bad at the box office, the Alien franchise will continue of course in due time, but I don't see the next movie picking up on these two.
>>
>>83546076
Alien is like a work of art. Aliens is just an action film. I like both but to put Aliens above Alien you have to be either a brainlet or trolling.
>>
>>83543138
t. brainlet

The question you should be asking is whether that makes him a broken machine or a naturally fallible human being. David going back to being subservient to the nearest human like a drowning man looking for a life raft would not have been development.
>>
>>83546128
nah the version they recited was by shelley
>>
>>83545856
I could agree with this.

However old and new movies are so different I can't compare them.
>>
We fucking did it guys. We shitposted this thread to 100 replies. GG. They said we couldn't do it, but they underestimated how effectively we could autistically sperg.
>>
>>83546238
his character would have developed by proxy through Elizabeth.
>>
>>83546526
>not realizing Prometheus was about man giving life to synthetics

Naw, it was always about him usurping his creators.
>>
https://www.google.com/amp/www.avpgalaxy.net/2017/05/24/ridley-scott-explains-engineers-wanted-kill-mankind-davids-motives/amp/
>>
>>83546526
Shaw had nowhere left to go, she already met her creator in the first film and reaffirmed her faith in Christianity despite it.

David was the only forward.
>>
File: 1493635258365.png (9KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1493635258365.png
9KB, 420x420px
Of all the problems with this movie, people pick the least problematic part and attack it.

David going genocidal made PERFECT FUCKING SENSE

1) He was shown to do it in Prometheus, whether by order or on his own is unimportant.
2) His programming provides him an extensive knowledge of human culture. As we see in Prometheus, he was clearly designed to be able to learn how to communicate with the Engineers.

In his studies on the Engineer ship, it makes PERFECT SENSE that a HUMAN MADE ROBOT could get WEIRD FUCKING IDEAS from studying an ALIEN CULTURE.

3) He might not have actual free will, but he LEARNS. And what do you think all the violent shit from both Engineers and humans in Prometheus taught him? He was exposed to a cold and violent environment and thus learned violence.

4) The flashback series with Weyland show him having what looks like content for mortal creatures from the get-go.

5) Sexual frustration from spending years with an asleep Shaw and not getting any got to him.
>>
>>83546882
>content
*contempt
>>
>>83545778
epic b8 m8 kekity kek
>>
>>83546882
>David going genocidal made PERFECT FUCKING SENSE

4u
No.
>>
>>83546882
David can't feel sexual urges, he makes a play on Shaw because he wants to be human and keeps forcing himself into doing the things he's learned are important to human emotion, like intimacy and crying, and waxing philosophical about hurting things.

David is almost mustache twirling in Covenant, but that's actually the point, he's still as childish in his understanding of humanity as he was in the first one.
>>
>>83547210
>David can't feel sexual urge

That was a joke[/spoiler[
>>
>>83547267
But you're not far off, it's an aspect of human interaction he probably won't ever understand, but will still seek because he sees himself as more than a machine.
>>
>>83545856
I would say Alien and Aliens can be changed around, but it's still accurate either way.
>>
>>83543138
A combination of his standing orders, the ethical dilemma he had, and the conclusion he came to with it when he had his conversation with Holloway began the fault that is now contributing to his near rampancy in Covenant.

David is just about the only thing Covenant did right. Fuck you.
>>
>>83543437
The only thing I can think of is that
1. Ridley thought it would look cool, and
2. They could live humble spiritual lives
3. Who knows Ridley is senile.
>>
File: Engineer.jpg (44KB, 620x310px) Image search: [Google]
Engineer.jpg
44KB, 620x310px
>>83543437
>looking this aesthetic
>not living like a Roman
>>
File: mfw come on now.png (155KB, 294x291px) Image search: [Google]
mfw come on now.png
155KB, 294x291px
>>83538465
>the creation of a false god becomes a false god and creates new life
>mustache-twirling villain
>>
>>83543437
Species in decline. They were near extinction before David showed up.
>>
>>83549317
>iz poddery, iz rimes
>>
>>83538465
>(but NON-psychopathic) David
Nigger, David was a crazy motherfucker the entire way through Prometheus, in fact he was literally the cause of everything bad in that film.
>>
>>83547210
>he's still as childish in his understanding of humanity as he was in the first one.

Correct. There's been zero character development.
>>
>>83546238
This tbqh.
>>
>>83550168
He didn't know what the black goo would do. Weyland told him to try harder to find immortality so he saw if the secret was in the goo. That's a far stretch from CREATING THE XENOMORPHS.
>>
>>83550169
Untrue, we saw expansion and elaboration of the themes of Prometheus through David's role in Covenant. He's childish but it's more like he's progressed from an infant to an adolescent.

You don't have to flip a character on their head to develop them.
>>
File: wheat2.jpg (126KB, 600x423px) Image search: [Google]
wheat2.jpg
126KB, 600x423px
>>83543138
HUURRR DEEE DURRR

What happens to an android, who is shown to have personal desires and wishes in Prom, when the one person it was built to follow orders from dies? It becomes it's own master and loses it's desire to serve humanity, which he already showed disdain for in Prom.

You're grasping at wheat here. He put the goo in that guy's drink in Prom for the same reason he dropped the payload in Cove, he wanted to see what would happen and because he has disdain for organic life. The evolution is not that big of a jump.
>>
>>83550196
10 years is a long stretch.
>>
>>83550196
It was clear that David was capable of experiencing human emotions like malice, which he harboured towards poor man's Tom Hardy after he was a cunt to David several times, thus used him as a human experiment.

He hates humans in general due to be constantly treated like shit by Weyland and others, it's not even remotely a stretch to imagine he'd want to kill us all when he literally spent the entirety of Prometheus fucking with the human characters, even getting Weyland killed by saying some shit to the Engineer.

In Covenant his major development comes with the fact that he sees himself as superior to humans, however this is contradicted by the fact that while being superior, he can't create life, which makes him feel inferior, thus he wished to create his own form of life.

How are you fags so dumb as to not see this shit.
>>
>>83541382

Did you even watch the movie? He literally says he did it because he did not want to be a slave.
>>
File: 1447756865129.gif (710KB, 400x349px) Image search: [Google]
1447756865129.gif
710KB, 400x349px
>>83550365
>by saying some shit to the Engineer
it was probably a 'your mom' joke too
>>
File: Паркер.png (295KB, 503x676px) Image search: [Google]
Паркер.png
295KB, 503x676px
and yet no one explained the bonus situation in the following films
>>
>>83538465
I don't agree with yoir description of the character, byt yea some of us enjoyed it. Just not enough to make the film commercially successful. Bye bye Alien prequels, you will be mildly missed.
>>
>>83550350
>What happens to an android, who is shown to have personal desires and wishes in Prom, when the one person it was built to follow orders from dies? It becomes it's own master and loses it's desire to serve humanity, which he already showed disdain for in Prom.

t. certified android expert from bullshit university
>>
>>83548213
>actually thinking Covenant did anything right
kys
>>
>>83550365
some of this sounds correct, but others are too much >assuming assumptions

whatever you may project on to him, David was a slave to his master in Prometheus and his programming would not allow him to fuck shit up without Weyland's approval

the words he spoke to the Engineer were also Weyland-approved
>>
>>83543839
If anyone was projecting it was
>>83543370
You turbo fag
>>
>not having a Xenomorph fuck up an albino proto-xeno to show it is superior

Seems like a missed opportunity.
>>
What was up with those homo android scenes
It felt so out of place
>>
>>83552496
There's always AVP if you want monster fights.
>>
>>83552496
what would that even achieve

they're both pretty similar in terms of wanting to fuck shit up
>>
>>83552588
The spore infection method seems so much more efficient. I just wished they demonstrated the Xenomorph's life cycle is superior, bc the end product is superior.
>>
>>83552496
https://youtu.be/wK8kK4hY6PA
the entire movie is a missed opportunity
>>
Ok, you utter turbo plebs. I explain it to you.

DAVID IS THE MONSTER NOT THE ALIEN

Thats why Ridley shows it so freely and unmenacing. The real horror is David. And the ending cements that.
>>
>>83552740
That lil alien was p cute
>>
Imagine the following

Trice the mental capacities than human (propobaly even more) + daddy issues + social isolation + malfunctioning programming
What happened is literally EXACTLY what you would expect. Fassbender saving another mediocre Alien movie single-handedly.
>>
>>83552740
>when you think you're smart by stating that the sky is blue

get breastfed more you retarded twerp
>>
>>83541329
>plebs
>thinking

What did you expect my fellow patrician?
>>
File: 1299835246647.jpg (11KB, 130x179px) Image search: [Google]
1299835246647.jpg
11KB, 130x179px
>>83552740
>thinks the android is the monster
>not humanity

First day on the job, rookie?
>>
>>83552635
Spores need to be really close to infect anything, and probably require soil to grow. The Xenomorph, it's eggs and offspring can thrive in artificial environments which makes it far more dangerous to space travelers and any worlds they form a bridge between.

The simple fact that every stage in the Xeno cycle can move autonomously makes it far harder to eradicate.
>>
>>83552993
Also I don't think spores could infect anything wearing a sealed space suit. Face huggers make quick work out of that shit.
>>
File: 1495380887102.jpg (69KB, 453x576px) Image search: [Google]
1495380887102.jpg
69KB, 453x576px
ITT: Idiots who didn't understand david's character

The android parts were fucking kino, if you disagree you're most likely a brainlet
>>
>>83545917
Daniels was the least appealing, least attractive, least inspiring actress I've ever seen on screen before in my life. Her expressions include:
-grimace
-grimace a little bit harder
-grimace and cry
>>
>>83553293
>Android shows himself how to play a flute
>random references to classical literature
>philosophy 101 level disscussions
>"fucking kino"
>wew lad
Thread posts: 152
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.