[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a good way to get into this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 1

I heard it's really good, but it also takes a nose dive pretty quickly. Is there a recommended set of episodes, or something?
>>
Is this bait?
>>
>>83538288

nothing is skippable. s1 is the best thing ever. s2 meanders. you have to watch the movie and read the book too.
>>
>>83538288
>What's a good way to get into this?
the beginning. Just like anything else.
>but it also takes a nose dive pretty quickly
no
>Is there a recommended set of episodes, or something
first 9 episodes of season 2 are good. Dip in quality from there until the 2 episodes.
>>
Don't watch Season 1 and 2 until you've watched Season 3.
>>
>>83538355
Disregard this faggot
>>
>>83538372

Disregard this name fag
>>
>>83538316
No? This show seems difficult to get into because of all the bullshit surrounding it.
>>
>>83538434
Same anon. Isn't part of the show not even canon because the original writer quit or something, plus network interference? Something along those lines?
>>
>>83538515

No. It's all canon, it's simply that there's a batch of noticeably worse episodes after a major plot mystery is revealed in Season 2. The writers did not have any idea how to continue so they meandered with awkward subplots. David Lynch returns for the finale and saves the series.
>>
This is a pretty tough one, anon. I may be completely wrong about this, and others feel free to correct me, but it seems to me that the best way to get into the show would be to watch it.
>>
>>83538288

Is this show about tits?

Get back to me, anon
>>
>>83538627
Ohhh okay. Is Season 3 a continuation of the storyline, or a prequel/sequel?
>>
>>83538663

Sesaon 3 is a continuation. The movie is a prequel and you need to watch it between before viewing Season 3.
>>
>>83538319
don't forget the offical comic book or the unofficial but lynch approved fan film or the video game.
>>
As someone who is going through the series now, I'm wondering what is the recommended stuff to watch/read besides the 2 seasons, movie, then 3rd season? I've seen the coffee commercials already.
>>
>>83538944
There was also a novel you can read.
>>
>>83538944
Every thing else is past the main series and film is extra ,but I would recommend watching "the missing pieces"
>>
Did the show get cancelled before Lynch could properly end it? Is that why the third season is a thing now?

I thought it was a true detective type thing
>>
>>83538288
Just watch all the episodes you stupid pussy

There's only like three that are actually bad, and a handful of meh ones

>>83538319
>read the book
>implying Mark Frosts gay fanfic is canon
"No"
>>
>>83539040
Yeah, it was cancelled.
>>
>>83538745
ignore this faggot

just watch season 3 and only season 3
>>
>>83539040
What are you, 15? Fuck off.
>>
>>83538288
Watch Northwest Passage Part 1 & 2. Then watch Twin.Peaks FWWM Q2 Extended Fanedit. Don't listen to these fuckers. There's a lot pointless shit in between.
>>
>>83539040
It wasn't cancelled. This is a reboot kinda like baywatch, 21 jump street, CHiPs, etc. Just watch season 3. The old series is irrelevant now
>>
>>83538319
>the book
there's at least four of those and each of them has its own contradictions with the show, they are interesting reads but nothing more than that
>>83538288
watch season 1, season 2 and then the movie. Some episodes near the end of season 2 are a slog due to production drama but it gets better as it approaches the ending, you can't really skip any specific episodes since there are changes to the status quo here and there in the slow episodes as well.
Also if you are the kind of person who is upset by a show being "cheesy" or "unrealistic" don't even bother
>>
>>83539360
...are there a few fan edits? I'm assuming it removes some of the more pointless stuff people were talking about
>>
>>83538288
So you watched RLMs re:View is what you're saying
>>
>>83539040

It was always supposed to come back after 25 years. It's mentioned once early in the first season and again in the movie.
>>
>>83539557
No, I've lingered on a few threads on here, and people are always bitching about how the show went bad.
>>
>>83539554
Fire Walk With Me is the movie, the Q2 fanedit is actually a 3+ hours cut that restores all the deleted scenes into the movie.
Northwest passage is the pilot, the guy is fucking with you by telling you to skip the entire series basically.
Watch season 1, then season 2 (power through the slow episodes or you'll be lost later on), then FWWM (either the original cut + the missing pieces later on, or the Q2 fanedit). FWWM is a prequel but it spoils the ending of the show so watch it after you're finished.
>>
>>83539590

Watch season 1 up to season 2 episode 9, at least. Then based on how much you like the characters keep watching or skip to the last 3 episodes of season 2.
>>
>>83538288
this is bait, and the obvious answer is to just watch everything. but there's honestly so much trashy network filler in s1 and s2 that you could make a case for just watching the pilot, the finale, FWWM and then skipping straight to season 3
>>
>>83539723
It's not bait, and that's what I meant. I've seen like ten different variations of the episodes people say you should watch
>>
>>83539065
>only like three that are actually bad

Season 2 episodes 11-20 are unrepentant trash

That looks like more than 3 episodes.
>>
>>83539833
No you don't. You might see someone argue about the quality of season 2 but there aren't 10 variations. Goddamn, you're stupid.
>>
>>83539833
well, it's up to you. I mean if you're sincerely interested in the show it's pretty weird to be looking for a way to watch the least amount of it possible. you can get away with watching what I outlined if you just want to catch up with the show so you can join in with all the dank memes
>>
can i skip s2
>>
>>83540395
yes.
>>
>>83540395
you can, but the first few episodes are the best of the entire series. or at least they were until now
>>
>>83538288
Watch all related material in the order it was released.
>>
>>83540706
not really much point of him doing that if he's the type of person to ask the question. he should go straight to s3e1, and he'll turn it off within an hour, maybe shitpost about how bad it is and then forget about it
>>
>>83538288
Take it from someone who just went through the same thing, listen to this guy
>>83539661 and just power through the shitty ones. It gets kinda shitty around season 2 episode 10 for about 8 episodes. If you really can't stand it you can skip the subplots with James, Nadine and Ed, Audrey and Jack, and Ben Horne and the Civil War as long as you watch all the shit with Cooper, Windom Earle, and Briggs.
>>
>>83538288
It's like the X-Files monster of the week where each episode is self-contained. You can start watching anywhere.
>>
>>83538288
You need to free yourself of this idea that because something is bad or considered bad it's not worth watching
>>
This show is overrated
>>
>>83541251
why make this post
>>
I'd start on episode 5 and then jump around
>>
>>83538944
>I'm wondering what is the recommended stuff to watch/read besides the 2 seasons, movie, then 3rd season?

all of his movies
>>
skipped everything after season 2 episode 9 to the finale. who the fuck is annie and windham? what is even going on
>>
Are you worried you won't be able to tell when it goes to shit?
>>
>>83539397
he's trolling, season 3 is a direct continuation
>>
Season 2 is not nearly as bad as people claim it is and while it doesn't live up to the first it never becomes downright unwatchable.
>>
>>83538288
Watch season one, then the movie, then start season three. Simple.
>>
watch season 1
then season 2
stop at the middle when everything resolves
watch finale of season 2

watch the movie

watch season 3
>>
>>83543272
>skipfags
sage
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.