[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm sorry, this wasn't very good, and is rather overhyped.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: under-the-skin-poster.jpg (122KB, 1024x659px) Image search: [Google]
under-the-skin-poster.jpg
122KB, 1024x659px
I'm sorry, this wasn't very good, and is rather overhyped.
>>
Best part was johannsons bush
>>
>pretentious: the flick
>lets not explain anything, theyll love it XD
>>
i'm sorry to hear you feel that way. perhaps, going forward, the thing to do is maybe don't listen to hype
>>
It's ok OP, we still like you
>>
>>83536481
Did you like it?
>>
>>83536383
do you have anything more substantial to say about it?
>>
It's good pleb filter I agree.
>>
>>83536475
i'm not saying it was great but did you need to be spoondfed every detail? the whole plot was pretty obvious and simple
>>
I'm sorry too, your taste is awful and you've offered nothing of substance.
>>
File: 1479440201530.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1479440201530.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>83536475
>people hate prometheus for the same reason

hmmm
>>
>>83536475
It's called showing and not telling. The movie explains itself as it unfolds.
>>
>>83536578
I think that's more to do with dumb character decisions though, like the alien snake petting zoo.
>>
>>83536578
yeah but under the skin isn't a borderline remake with mentions of "xenomorph" replaced with "black goo stuff" in the script
>>
>>83536475
it was a study of emotion, I don't see how providing more detailed context would have helped the film in any way
>>
>>83536518
It was shit.
>>
I'm curious for anyone who doesn't like it, why exactly that is. I don't imagine anyone on /tv/ can articulate that though.

Much like when no one here can explain why they didn't like Primer
>>
>>83536758
millennial reviews
>>
>>83536836
Yeah, too bad it couldn't be good.
>>
>>83536578
eh, under the skin is just idea and character driven - there's nothing it needs to explain further. prometheus is a prequel made for the purpose of worldbuilding and expanding its own universe, so not explaining anything is a problem

I mean it would be fine if it was at all compelling as a standalone film, but it's just stuck in an uncomfortable middle ground where it's too tethered to the alien franchise and all its cliches to work that way. scott should have made something completely new, and I have a feeling that was his original plan before he (or the studio) realized alien = $$$
>>
>>83536758
oh. well thanks for sharing
>>
>>83536999
You sound like a thickheaded person who can't see why anyone would dislike it, so, you're welcome
>>
>>83537225
I can see why someone would dislike it, what I can't understand is why you would make a thread about it if you have nothing meaningful to say about it
>>
>>83537225
I can see why people would dislike it but its kind of funny how you can't even come up with any reason. I mean not giving reasons is what makes you look like a retarded pleb so there must be something you didn't like it about it
>>
>>83537225
You seem like a thickheaded person who can't see why anyone would like it
>>
Interesting fact, the scenes where Scarjo was driving around picking up random dudes were actually candid cameras of Scarjo picking up Irish hitch hikers who had no idea they were being filmed for a movie
>>
>>83537722
scottish, no?
>>
>>83537722
I thought you were kidding but I looked it up
>>
>>83536475
I'm pretty stupid and the movie was pretty clear in what was going on.

solid 8/10
>>
File: doubt.png (41KB, 123x143px) Image search: [Google]
doubt.png
41KB, 123x143px
>>83536829
>>
>>83538084
He's right though, look at the thread
>>
>>83536475
what did they need to explain?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.