[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/who/ - Doctor Who General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 42

IT'S ME NARDY Edition

Previously >>83528767
>>
Can we agree that Nardole is based?
>>
>8 (EIGHT) episodes in
>still no Simm

I've literally written and printed by letter of complaint to the BBC. This is absolutely ridiculous, I tell you. I pay money every fucking month to them to give me quality content, and to not expect to be flat out LIED to in trailers to promote one of their products. I was told that John Simm would be in Series 10, and it has been two months without him showing up. I hope you will all join me in writing a letter of complaint. This cannot be allowed to happen. This is false advertisement and abuse of the coming soon trailer function. This is a new low for Moffat, to advertise something in a trailer perhaps over 2 MONTHS before it actually happens to pull in viewers. I'm actually appalled at this and very, very disappointed in the BBC..
>>
File: black star.png (14KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
black star.png
14KB, 316x316px
>>83535280
David Bowie headphones?
>>
File: NO MORE.jpg (94KB, 471x404px) Image search: [Google]
NO MORE.jpg
94KB, 471x404px
It's time to end this show.
>>
>>83535317
Yes, I'm shocked at how much I've been loving him
>>
Reminder:
>Neon Visual is trying to delete the Wiki.

>Keep an eye out for suspicious edits or reports to the Wikia network staff that may result in, say, editors and admins being banned for locking the page and kicking out someone claiming to be NeonVisual.
>>
>>83535370
kek http://doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/ShinyImages?comments_page=1
>>
>>83535370
Why is he trying to delete it?
>>
File: simmino23.png (90KB, 271x181px) Image search: [Google]
simmino23.png
90KB, 271x181px
Hello, HELLO, hello!

Anyway, why don't we stop and have a nice little chat while I tell you all my plans and you can work out a way to stop me? I don't think!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y4UKu1VSJU
>>
>>83535398
https://youtu.be/lIlm5MyZTlM?t=7s
>>
Do we have a MEGA for the Target novelisations?
>>
Where can I watch the episode except iPlayer?
>>
>>83535779
BBC America
>>
>>83535779
Just torrent it. You could be watching it within 5 minutes while it's still downloading. Don't be a pussy about torrenting either.
>>
>>83535840
I'm chill with torrenting, are torrents for it already up?
>>
>>83535370
Neonvisual is massive cunt whose shit isn't even that good and can't take any criticism.
>>
>>83535860
Yes. Enjoy!
>>
>>83535860
Yes rarbg all the time.
>>
>>83535625
All the books
https://mega.nz/#F!AU4DHDwb!OSayDSboo27IvIYZ0GCCuw
>>
>>83535370
http://s3.amazonaws.com/wikia_xml_dumps/d/do/doctorwhogeneral_pages_current.xml.7z
Most recent database dump of the wiki.
>>
>>83535891
Is he really? Some of his work is pretty good and some of it is pretty bad too. I don't really follow that kind of stuff so I had no idea that the guy was a huge faggot
>>
>>83535960
You're a life saver
>>
>>83535992
http://s3.amazonaws.com/wikia_xml_dumps/d/do/doctorwhogeneral_pages_full.xml.7z

And the History of /who/ wiki in all its forms and multitudes.
>>
>>83535370
Wiki is being backed up as we speak no worries
>>
if we all have a backup of the wiki then it will always survive. its like the pieces of the gun spread around the world in last of the time lords
>>
>>83535323
>>8 (EIGHT) episodes in
Wait, what?
*checks*
Holy shit, you're right. Where the hell did the season go?
>>
File: Screenshot (115).png (342KB, 879x510px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (115).png
342KB, 879x510px
>>
push me to the edge
all my friends are dead
>>
>>83536455
only good uzi song
>>
I miss Clara. Bill is alright I guess, but still...
>>
File: lGBfRrqMUVAEklK-800x800-noPad.jpg (28KB, 698x672px) Image search: [Google]
lGBfRrqMUVAEklK-800x800-noPad.jpg
28KB, 698x672px
>>83536590
>>
>>83535370
Why exactly does he have a serious wiki page that provides accurate information about his work? isn't that the opposite of what the wiki is for?
>>
>>83536744
The purpose of the wiki is to confuse and annoy, much like /who/.

It also serves as a permanent repository of shithead behavior from various fandom figures.
>>
File: capaldi likes you.jpg (62KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
capaldi likes you.jpg
62KB, 1280x720px
so just finished watching The Lie of The Land, and that was pretty cool - not exactly the climax I'd hoped for, maybe a bit more retribution towards/involvement from the Monks but still a nice way to bring everything back to the way it was at least until the finale

certainly not a bad climax by any means, because for god's sake we've had far far worse, but again, it's not the one I was expecting but I'm satisfied

also they got me good with that regeneration fake-out, how the hell did he do that? and does this mean that Capaldi's regen into whoever comes next will be hindered in some way?

what did /who/ think?

does next week look hype at all despite being a Gatiss episode?
>>
>>83536590
I miss off season Who
No episode is better
>>
>literally 3 minutes into the pyramid bullshit episode
>a fucking trump joke
>this also means that last episode showed trump having committed suicide

Is it even fucking worth watching this episode and the next or should I just wait until simm pops up?

Why can't I just watch doctor who without hearing all of this hamfisted political commentary every 20 fucking seconds.
>>
>>83536799
The regen was a cheap trailer fodder, but it did give me a hearty chuckle.

It's been implied in the past (see Destiny of the Daleks, The Twin Dilemma) and confirmed with this ep that a regeneration can be triggered voluntarily and stopped before the change happens.
>>
File: (banter stops).jpg (94KB, 602x709px) Image search: [Google]
(banter stops).jpg
94KB, 602x709px
Extremis is literally the only good episode of this season
>>
>>83536834
>Why can't I just watch doctor who without hearing all of this hamfisted political commentary every 20 fucking seconds.
Have you ever watched Doctor Who before? This may not be your kind of show.

>>83535370
He just tried again. All changes were rolled back and the new IP banned.
>>
Did anyone get some real Martha Jones, and season 3 finale sort of vibe from this episode? It's the same sort of gimmick, someone who's come in and taken over the world and made it into a harsh dystopia in their image, while the Doctor's companion is the last one left who remembers what really happened, and it's left up to them to stop it..
>>
File: get a load of this guy.jpg (85KB, 365x464px) Image search: [Google]
get a load of this guy.jpg
85KB, 365x464px
>>83536890
>Extremis
>better than Knock Knock
>>
>>83536798
Oh I see you're supposed to click the link at the bottom of the page. I thought it was just going to be a link to his store.
>>
My recording of the new episode broke. Does anybody have it anywhere?
>>
>>83536890
I think it's pretty clear beyond any argument that Capaldi has had the crappiest run as the Doctor in nuWho. So many bad episodes, with only a few decent ones sprinkled throughout, with maybe one or two great ones, if you're being generous.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkkVGPnXHSM

>hello Toby?
>Toby machine broke, have Luke
>understandable have a great day

where has Toby gone
>>
>>83536960
rarbg
>>
>>83536919
It was a retreading of the same ground without all the compelling factors. The Doctor was entirely free without help from the companion, the villains were underwhelming as fuck.
>>
>>83537404
Toby saw the final cut, realised what he created and went into hiding
>>
Is Missy the most cringy annoying Doctor Who villain ever? I can't stand her, and every moment she's on screen I'm tempted to skip past it. She just oozes with smugness, not just from the character, but how clever the writers must've thought they were when they wrote her. She's not even a good villain, just an incredibly annoying one.
>>
>>83535280
Is she right?
https://youtu.be/jFXVVG_Ldzk
>>
>>83536960
https://docs.google.com/document/d/107k4dkqOM_G_4p6eZR90y8Nla1NEiKgB1qMkMmv8Yz0/edit?usp=sharing
>>
Neural network anon here. I trained torch-rnn on every 10th Doctor story, then lowered the "temperature" so it'll only produce the most stereotypical text possible. According to the network, this is it:

>DONNA: What are you doing?
>DOCTOR: I don't know. I was a bit of a sudden. The Doctor and the Doctor is the same time. I was a bit of a sudden. The Doctor and the Doctor is the stars. They can see the same time. The Doctor and the Doctor and the Doctor and the Doctor and the Doctor and the Doctor and the Doctor said the Doctor. The Doctor stops the stairs. The Doctor stops the stairs. The Doctor starts to stand there. The Doctor starts to stand there. The Doctor and Donna are starting to the control room and starts to blow the control room and starts to reveal a strange of the stairs.

Weirdly, it really does not like Rose. Sally Sparrow shows up more than her.
>>
>>83537845
I ain't clicking that shit
>>
>>83537966

Going further back in the iteration count, when the network was less trained, just produces this over and over.

>DOCTOR: It's all right.
>DOCTOR: I don't know. It's all right.
>DOCTOR: It's all right. I was a shop.
>>
>>83537966
Does she like Clara?
>>
>>83538040
suit yourself, it's pretty handy I think
>>
>>83538040
its just a google drive link
>>
>>83538040
You do realise that the majority of 4chan isn't random pedo bait or "the hacker 4chan" right?
>>
>>83538107
>he doesn't know about the fake google drive
wew
>>
Remember when Moffat made the name of the show an entire story arc and every monster kept saying "DOC-TOR WHO?" over and over? That was really embarrassing to watch with the family
>>
>>83538139
https://www.wired.com/2017/05/dont-open-google-doc-unless-youre-positive-legit/
>>
>>83537966
I laughed too hard at this.
>>
This episode really hammered home just how ugly Bill is. When she was doing the whole mind thing where the world was saved by her obsession, her face made me fucking hide behind the sofa.

Scariest Who monster yet lads.
>>
>>83537966
That actually sounds pretty creepy.
>>
>>83538177
https://blog.malwarebytes.com/cybercrime/2017/05/google-docs-app-spam-goes-phishing/

>genuine Google sign-in page
>OAuth page
Google docs is never going to ask for permission since it already belongs to google.

phishing domains look pretty obvious also.
g-cloud[.]pro
docscloud[].win
docscloud[.]download
docscloud[.]info
g-cloud[.]win
g-docs[.]pro
gdocs[.]download
gdocs[.]pro
>>
>>83538057

I only have Tennant's episodes in there. I'll do Smith's or Capaldi's tomorrow.

I had the suspicion that it's biasing itself towards the end of the text (since it dickrides Donna so hard), but Jackie shows up pretty regularly.

Here's a 20,000 character excerpt: https://pastebin.com/b1suX7vg

>BLACK DALEK: We love you, Martha Jones.
>>
>>83538366
>root@e0249d6fc71e:~/torch-rnn# th sample.lua -checkpoint cv/checkpoint_27000.t7 -length 2000 -temperature 0.6
Linooox?
>>
>Bill apparently knows about the Doctor's ability to regenerate as well as his being the "last of the Time Lords" despite never being told about these things onscreen even though the gradual revelation of the Doctor's backstory to Bill is something that's been paid close attention to so far this season
>Donald Trump and Brexit prove the human race is regressing and free will was a mistake
Obviously it's not meant to be taken as true, but it is seemingly the best argument Whithouse could come up with for letting the monks rule. I mean Jesus Christ, get some perspective.
>The Monks trick humanity into blindly revering them by posing as benevolent paternal figures and this is bad
>the people are feed by Bill's blind reverence for a mostly imaginary parental figure, which is not portrayed as unhealthy in any way
>The Doctor's regeneration was literally just him having a laugh
I would have been fine with some kind Journey's End-esque fakeout but he was literally just a five second gag with no consequences whatsoever. And they had the audacity to put this in trailers.
>Missy: pls Doctor teach me to be good, I'm willing to let you reform me
>Missy: your version of good is retarded, let me tell you what to do. btw I'll never be vain and arrogant like you :)
There was more stuff but I can't keep track of it all. Poopy episode. That said, there were some scenes that were pretty kino so I can't hate it too much.
>>
>>83538366
>ROSE: Yeah, no. No, no, no, no, no.
>>
>>83538468
>DOCTOR [OC]: The Doctor and the Doctor and I shall we got this. No place in the weapon.
>DOCTOR: Yes, no house. It's not exactly what the hell are we there?
>CHIP: The stuff and they finger, and you will stop.
>DOCTOR: Oh, no, no, no, no. No, no, no, no, no, no, no. But we're here. And then you can see the first. Just think.
>DONNA: I've been deadlocked. Because if it says she was stuff. I don't know how it work.
>>
So the Monks erased themselves from everyone's minds, what happens to the family members of the people sent to "labour" camps?

Do they just think that person disappeared or left them?

There have to be thousands dead by now at the hands of people unwittingly made to do so.
>>
>>83538514
Wow, nice spoiler tags you fucking faggot
>>
>>83538507
Network Anon, these are actually surreal and pretty damn creepy
>>
>>83537966
>The Doctor and the Doctor and the Doctor and the Doctor and the Doctor and the Doctor and the Doctor said the Doctor.
>>
>>83538544
>going into a 4chan thread after the live thread
Not him but I have found no better way of purposefully spoilering myself. And I purposefully spoiler myself.
>>
>>83537966
>The Doctor and the Doctor and the Doctor and the Doctor and the Doctor and the Doctor and the Doctor said the Doctor.
>>
>Bill lived in a totalitarian UK for 6 months with people being taken away never to come back
>she'll go back to being perfectly normal and fun loving next week

Fucking Moffat
>>
>>83538396

Whoops, didn't mean to copy that.

Yeah, I'm using a Docker container on Ubuntu, it seems like almost all these neural network implementations require Linux.

These are the last two I'll post before I do the later episodes or the Rousing Speech copypasta from the wiki and fuck off for a few days.

>https://pastebin.com/sHitXNSr 0.2 temperature (a 1 act play between the Doctor and Donna)
>https://pastebin.com/eRmnDLrn 1.3 temperature (like RTD having a stroke)
>http://lewisandquark.tumblr.com/post/159509399932/the-neural-network-writes-the-episode-list-for Not mine, but someone also tried episode titles.
>>
>>83538595
These are great.
>>
Didn't Moffat say something like
>We call them the Monks, but that's not their real name. They have another name.
Monks confirmed for returning later in the season? The "Monks are Cybermen" theory still seems pretty unlikely.
>>
File: makesyathink.jpg (22KB, 451x451px) Image search: [Google]
makesyathink.jpg
22KB, 451x451px
>>83538040
>asks for link
>I ain't clicking that shit
>>
>>83538176
>can't wait for moffat to be gone
>at the same time terrified because chibnalls stories were all pretty bland
>>
>>83538040
>le any long link is a virus maymay
Fuck off underage.
>>
>>83535280
BASED NARDOLE
>>
/r/ WebM of screaming Bill and Nardole
>>
Tbqh, I kind of wish that there wasn't that fakeout bullshit and that the Doctor legitimately was with the monks. Then missy could have actually done something other than sit in a room, maybe actually have saved the day or some shit.
>>
>>83538729
he's not me
>>
File: toomuch.gif (1MB, 245x175px) Image search: [Google]
toomuch.gif
1MB, 245x175px
>>83538595
>The Stick of the Doctor
>Planet of lime
>Cold Clood
>The Fist of the Daad

>DOCTOR: Dad.
>IDA: It bigger's on people.

One day I'll die from laughter
>>
File: 1470262334652.png (773KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1470262334652.png
773KB, 1280x720px
>>83538857
>when anon's theory last week was better than the actual episode
Come on, the Doctor trying to convince Bill to hate him in order to break the monk's hold could have been actually GOAT.
>>
Why...Why does the next episode guest star rita repulsa?
>>
When the Doctor crashed the ship, was any else really strongly reminded of this scene starting at about 1:30?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuqtRORRic8

>>83538917
>the Doctor trying to convince Bill to hate him in order to break the monk's hold
Sounds like a ripoff of The God Complex.
>>
OFFICIAL CHRISTMAS SPECIAL RANKINGS

Time of the Doctor
The End of Time
Voyage of the Damned
Husbands of River Song
The Runaway Bride
Last Christmas
The Christmas Invasion
The Snowmen
A Christmas Carol
Return of Doctor Mysterio
---POWER GAP---
The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe
No Christmas Special
The Next Doctor
>>
>>83538990
*anyone
>>
>>83538990
Hasn't the Doctor pulled the "make the companion hate/ no longer believe in/ no longer trust him" thing like four different times?
>>
>>83539009
I totally forgot that The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe was even an episode. Jesus, that episode was bland, I still can't even remember what it was actually about.
>>
>>83539009
I implore you to rewatch A Christmas Carol. It's one of the cleverest, most heartwarming episodes — stories — in the entirety of the DWU. Certainly the zenith of Moffat, and perhaps even the zenith of Smith's Doctor.
>>
>>83538854
which part of the ep?
>>
>>83538990
He also had the opportunity to do a Natural History of Fear or Live 34 style episode and opted instead for a very watered down Last of the Time Lords.

He should have just joined the monks. But I guess Twelve has already attracted too much ire for being a dick and that could have been the nail in the coffin for normies.
>>
>>83539031
There was also The Curse of Fenric. I can't recall any others offhand, but it's probably been done more times.
>>
>>83539070
before

>IT'S ME NARDY

when Bill and Nardole spook eachother

just those faces on a loop
>>
Wait a minute didnt rick and morty do this on the April fools episode where morty is tricked into shooting rick with a fake gun?

Ok my phone just autocorrect gun to gimp I need to get away from Samsung ASAP
>>
>>83539121
No. That was a planned tactic to trick the other Rick into thinking the threat was gone and thus letting his guard down. 12 pretending to be shot was a tactic to test whether or not Bill was under the control of the Monks.
>>
>>83535370

>NeonVisual also began operation of a successful custom fashion clothing store under the brand name of “NeonVisual AppareL” in the second quarter of 2015.

holy fucking shit is he seriously this up himself and lacking in self awareness
>>
>>83539196
Ok but it's the same basic idea
>>
File: mpv-shot0004.jpg (131KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0004.jpg
131KB, 1280x720px
>>83536834
>>this also means that last episode showed trump having committed suicide
But trump looks like normal trump in world. The monk's simulation was just some random placeholder president because reasons
>>
Just finished the episode, pretty weak overall.
>>
>>83539228
Not really, Morty wasn't supposed to be tricked; Rick gave him a note telling him to shoot him.
>>
>>83539270
It had good moments but it wasn't a satisfying conclusion desu
Not a fan of "6 months of actual human history was wasted", especially the part where it'll get completely ignored and actual real world events that will happen in that time period will get mentioned in the future
What about the massive square of land in the middle of london that was wiped out for the pyramid?
>>
>>83539290
That's just how rick and morty handled it

Justin roiland confirmed for next showrunner? Was chibnall just a diversion?
>>
>>83538366
Best story ever
>>
>>83539310
I'm not as caught up on the nit picky plothole areas of the show but I can understand why some people can be. It just felt like all build up for a very boring climax. The next episode actually seems better from the Next Time trailer.
>>
File: scream.webm (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
scream.webm
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>83539112
here you go
>>
>>83539310
Meh, that's just normal for Doctor Who.
>>
>>83539387
Except rita repulsa
>>
Everything the Doctor said to Bill while pretending to be brainwashed was right. We need fascism. On the whole, it saves lives.
>>
>>83539404
Most present day earth invasions only last a day or so. 6 months with no time reset is unprecedented
>>
>>83539395
now can you you break them up and name the nardole one cloister reees and the sheeboon cats reeeing. thanks
>>
File: 1495782148015.png (840KB, 1000x675px) Image search: [Google]
1495782148015.png
840KB, 1000x675px
>>83539431
Elizabeth Klein is one of the best Doctor Who characters ever.
>>
File: screech.jpg (35KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
screech.jpg
35KB, 640x640px
>>83539395
>[LOUD SCREECHING NOISES]

thanks m8
>>
Who else is just looking forward to next week with the Mondas Cybermen?
>>
>>83539504
That's 2 weeks from now
>>
Absolutely love Nardole
>>
>>83539504
But next week is the ice warriors
>>
>>83539504
no Cybermen next week dumb ass
>>
Does Xander seriously lack all self awareness?
I read his version of his wiki article, it's incredible how up himself he is
>>
>>83539565
literally who?
>>
>>83539601
neonvisual
>>
>>83539461
>6 months with no time reset is unprecedented
The Power of Three lasted a whole year and people didn't even get memory wiped. Granted that was mostly just a bunch of cubes doing nothing.
>>
>>83539624
We don't even know what year that episode took place
>>
>>83539504
You think bc of the Cybermen music we'll get a surprise Cyberman?
>>
Where does this episode come in your overall season rankings? Post em
>>
>>83539636
Well it would have to take place before any episode in which Kate and the 12th Doctor interacted with one another. Do we have dates on the series 8 finale? Or the Zygon incursion?
>>
>>83539652
Around the middle

Extremis
Oxygen
Thin Ice
Lie of the Land
The Pilot
Knock Knock
Smile
Pyramid
>>
>>83539636
True, iirc it also breaks the present day timeline of the Moffat era unless you want series 8 to take place in like 2016 (which there were some people theorizing due to also to that odd line in Forest), though I don't remember why.
>>
>>83539565
Do you? Xander is a very talented video editor and the BBC will regret not hiring him. Word is Neon Visual has many irons in the fire right now. I heard there's even rumours and whispers that none other than Mr. Christopher Chibnal is a fan and has spoken to Xander about his imagining of the iconic opening effects. Your jealousy is palpable.
>>
>>83539750
All it's missing is a first person pronoun getting slipped in desu
>>
So lie of the land and pyramid managed to ruin extremis for me. Why is Moffat so fucking shit?
>>
>>83539750
Xander, don't you have more dumb videos to make?
>>
File: death.jpg (180KB, 532x783px) Image search: [Google]
death.jpg
180KB, 532x783px
>>83539744
Fuck, I can't stop making typos today.
>>
>>83539688
You would think so, but it's also meant to take place 10 years in amy and rory's future. The times don't match up.
>>
>>83539802
>it's also meant to take place 10 years in amy and rory's future.
wat?
>>
>>83539779
The problem is moffat treating multi-part episodes like each different part has to be a completely different tone and plot, instead of just carrying the same story over a longer period of time. This issue is amplified by the fact that each part is written by a different writer, and it practically feels like they just did a tag team "I've done my bit now you continue it on your own" thing
>>
>>83539781
Don't you have more slanderous articles to make besmirching talent on your childish wiki for a poor man's reddit?
>>
>>83539856
They thought it'd be fun; this is Moff's last series so he thought he'd try whatever
>>
>>83539863
So you don't deny you're Xander? Go on, man! The tumblrites demand more meteors! Cram em all in there!
>>
Did a monk speak once in the entire episode?
Why did the monk controlling the thought machine not make any effort to physically restrain anyone?
Why didn't they just shoot that monk like they did the others?
Didn't only a few scenes ago the doctor say that sacrifices were lazy, yet he was willing to let the soldiers kill the monks?
>>
>perfect simulation story didn't effect the rest of the story
Fucking hacks
>>
Bill's mummy defeated the truth mummies
>>
File: capalsmile.png (166KB, 353x353px) Image search: [Google]
capalsmile.png
166KB, 353x353px
>>
>>83539856
>moffat treating multi-part episodes like each different part has to be a completely different tone and plot
Goddamn this shit upsets me. It's one of the few things about Moffat that I actually specifically dislike, as opposed to general malaise or apathy. It makes even his good two-parters seem clunky and bizarre.

Actually, this episode in particular felt like it was parts 5 and 6 of a shitty classic 6 parter, with the Doctor's fake regeneration being the final cliffhanger. God, it's making me angry at classic episodes now, even.
>>
>>83539908
I've seen your lot's attempt at the titles and you have the gaul to criticize someone else's? That's pure envy and the article is a vile extension of it. Abhorrent jealousy. It's so very ugly.
>>
>>83539856
Why is that a problem?
>>
File: neonintro.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
neonintro.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>83540027
>>
>>83539504
>name
Reminder that 'The Master' is the shittiest namefag to grace/who/.

He is irritating and not funny and falls for age-old copypastas and makes unneccesary new threads that portray the entirety of /who/ badly. Take your lumps, newfag.
>>
File: nah.gif (263KB, 245x176px) Image search: [Google]
nah.gif
263KB, 245x176px
>>83540027
>>
I thought the Doctor saying he'd get rid of racism was supposed to be a sign that he was still working for the monks. But nope, apparently fascism is okay when it's the Doctor.
>>
>>83540102
Yeah I wanted bill to say some shit about not changing that, how we should make that decision ourselves. But that might require putting some actual effort into the script
>>
>>83540073
No one needs to see that trash again
>>
>>83540052
The first week has a specific part, and it sets up a clear expectation for the second part to deliver.
Then the second week has a completely different tone and in many ways is only tangentially related to the first week, to the point where it fails to deliver on what was set up in the first part. It's inconsistent, messy, and inherently disappointing

Compare RTD two parters like Impossible Planet/Satan Pit or human nature/family of blood where the second part was a natural continuation of the story, sharing the same tone. It's so much nicer.
>>
>>83540073
>not the one with "time travel" in the google image search bar
>>
>>83540099
Excellent render. NOT! Though I'm sure it's stolen. You talentless hacks couldn't make a decent video if you tried
>>
>make a big deal about Bill wanting to kill herself
>the Doctor finds a better way 2 minutes afterwards
>while they try to tie these things together, the only thing that links them is the Doctor passing out and Missy saying that it's best if Bill was braindead. It's not intuitively clear that linking with the monk will result in Bill being a vegetable.

It's not a plothole, everything is explained, but the seams in this story are too easy to see.
>>
>>83540229
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRmale_T0ho
Literally more original than any of your attempts at an opening title sequence
>>
>>83540190
>sets up a clear expectation
> inherently disappointing
I could maybe see this complaint from a casual fan who just watches the show and doesn't pay attention to Moffat, but he's been saying all along that it's not a real three-parter and is just three connected stories. So just like any three consecutive stories, they're going to have different tones.
>>
>>83540027
go back to sleep honey
>>
>>83540287
It doesn't matter. It's still poor form.
Does a single moffat two parter compare to the RTD ones?
>>
>>83540303
DW/DiH is the only one I can think of that tries to maintain a consistent tone, at least in the capaldi era. I think the earlier matt ones were that way too
>>
File: tennantsimm.gif (2MB, 268x232px) Image search: [Google]
tennantsimm.gif
2MB, 268x232px
>>83540229
...Er, did you mean to respond to >>83540073 ?
>>
>>83540287
>>83540190
>ITT
http://doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Pacing
>>
File: neondick.png (58KB, 407x266px) Image search: [Google]
neondick.png
58KB, 407x266px
>>
>>83540337
I doubt it
Surely xander would recognize his own intro sequence and not merely indirectly state "I'm sure it's stolen"
>>
Expect correspondence from legal consul and a cease and desist order
This is libelous
>>
File: res4.png (913KB, 1000x1290px) Image search: [Google]
res4.png
913KB, 1000x1290px
Nardole saved the doctor from getting shot in the head
>>
>>83540427
You only have a case if you can prove your income is being reduced in some way
Unlucky for you, $0 can't be reduced
>>
>>83539523
Oh ya, well I'm hyped for that too.
>>
Imagine being such a weenie that you RP as Neon Visual on a cambodian chicken scratch message board.
>>
>>83540452
I don't know about you but I'm getting a laugh out of it desu
>>
>>83540451
It looks RTA era goofy but who knows
>>
>>83540353
>Due to the mysterious rule instituted by Moffat that all part twos should start in a different place and, if possible, different time from the previous episode [...] stories often feel like 45 minutes of a first act and 45 minutes of a second and third act, or vice versa.
Why is that a problem? Also why does that sentence link to The Empty Child and The Doctor Dances when it's one of the few Moffat two-parters that doesn't do that?
>>
>>83540526
>>83540303
It's a problem because the narrative itself does not deliver on the plots it sets up. The fact that irl you're aware it's going to happen because moff said so doesn't excuse it.
>>
>>83540430
>Gatiss' episode receives poor reviews

That should be checked off as a default and only changed if doesn't turn out to be shit
>>
>>83540449
The comments on YouTube, which in fact cuts Xander:NeonVisual a monthly check, which have steadily declined since your so called video emerged which would no doubt constitute a correlation and cause therof you hateful small children
>>
>>83540608
We want bingo to be achievable, anon
Putting "gattis gets good reviews" would be idiotic
>>
>>83540620
>which would no doubt constitute a correlation and cause therof you hateful small children
Didn't your mum ever tell you that correlation does not equal causation? You've got no case. The video in question doesn't even reference you in any capacity, you're currently spouting paranoia
>>
>>83540620
when was the last time that faggola actually posted a video

fuck when was the last time he was relevant?
>>
>>83540630
No, I mean it having bad reviews is a given so it should already be checked and so we'd have Bingo now already. And only if by some miracle it doesn't have terrible reviews when it finally airs, do we uncheck it.
>>
File: chibnall who bingo.jpg (423KB, 1000x1290px) Image search: [Google]
chibnall who bingo.jpg
423KB, 1000x1290px
>>83540630
>>83540608
If anything, it should be the free space.
>>
And don't think for a moment that you lot are protected by parody laws. This drips of malicious intent. You even tried to hide it after the first time. Cowards.
>>
File: wew.jpg (29KB, 345x68px) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
29KB, 345x68px
>>83540279
>someone actually spent time working on this
>it sounds like a fucking snes game
>>
>>83540684
That's not how bingo works though
don't count your chickens before they hatch
>>
>>83540717
I didn't know the snes sounded like a mosquito buzz
>>
>>83540722
>don't count your chickens before they hatch

Are we pretending that Gatiss has the slightest chance of writing an episode that isn't terrible?
>>
>>83540765
The crimson 'orra
>>
File: okay!.gif (317KB, 245x138px) Image search: [Google]
okay!.gif
317KB, 245x138px
>>83540703
>>
>>83540784
d'crimzin 'orra
>>
>>83540784
That was shit

>listen to one of my characters wank over how good an episode title I came up with
>>
Wonder what the two Masters have up their sleeve.
>>
>>83540810
We can't let bad opinions like yours get into the wrong hands.
>>
>>83540652
"doesn't even reference you"
That is a lie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvIf6d3ktOs
Doctor Who Series 9 CLEAN intro - FREE TO USE TITLE SEQUENCE (see description)

Description:
Feel free to use this clean, brightly colored imagery smuggled out by Marcelo Carmago himself before Peter Harness got his dirty hands on it
TERMS OF USE (please read in FULL):
Do whatever you want

Don't think I don't understand what "brightly colored imagery" is a reference to.
This displays clear malicious intent to make fun of my own clean intro that I released at a similar time. Is it really worthy of mockery that I hold people who wish to use my content to some standards so that they credit me for my work?
>>
>>83536799
I know, that ending was pretty stupid.
>>
>>83540920
Oh you all think you're very funny.
>>
>>83541053
I had a bit of a giggle myself tbqh desu
>>
File: lol ima robut.gif (482KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
lol ima robut.gif
482KB, 320x240px
>>83540920
>Don't think I don't understand what "brightly colored imagery" is a reference to.
>>
File: capal1.png (153KB, 334x340px) Image search: [Google]
capal1.png
153KB, 334x340px
legend has it that if I post this I'm the most dastardly enemy in the world who is obsessed with seeing Tom Rosenthal as the Doctor among various other crimes
>>
>>83540566
That doesn't seem like a direct response to my post you quoted, but I assume you're talking about the Monk episodes. I'll concede that the Doctor's foreknowledge of the Monks' plans that he gets from the email is a plot point that's dropped, but that's all I can think of. There was no real reason to think that the simulation would show up in Pyramid or Lie unless you were expecting an ebin IT WAS STILL A SIMULATION ALL ALONG type twist, which would have been awful, or that the episodes wouldn't/shouldn't have different tones.

>The fact that irl you're aware it's going to happen because moff said so doesn't excuse it.
Surely it counts for something. Obviously it only effects those who read DWM or hang out in Doctor Who fan communities enough to be up to date on what Moffat says, but you can't claim the episode is disappointing when it does exactly what the creator told you it would. I don't get this attempt to view stories without context and ignore things that you know "irl."
>>
>>83541202
>this is going to be a disappointment, I've told you so so now you're not allowed to say it's a disappointment
The fact you're aware it's going to be bad doesn't excuse the fact it's bad
>>
>>83537966
what is this?!
>>
>>83536799
We'll see those assholes again.
>>
>>83541231
For the most part it wasn't bad due to lack of continuity or consistency though, so it would only be perceived that way if you expected it to be like a more regular multi-part story. But if you're in this thread you probably would have known it wouldn't be, so you could have just taken it on its own terms.
>>
>>83541331
You are letting your opinion of the episodes be influenced by outside factors, rather than treating the episodes like the self contained progressing narrative they're meant to be
>>
will the Ice Queen be t h i c c
>>
>>83541381
What do you mean? If Moffat didn't mean for public statements like that to influence people's view of the show, he wouldn't say them.
>>
>>83541449
Are you physically incapable of critical analysis? Does "you can't say it failed to deliver because moffat told you it wouldn't" genuinely sound like a reasonable argument to you?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRbUpnO8hmQ
>There were humans on Mars in Victorian times?
>No, there weren't.
>His aim is to get back to Mars and find his queen
So are they not really on Mars?
>>
>>83541238

Artificial brain that looks through text and tries to generate more text like it. Due to a small sample size and how limited it is, it can't write a coherent script by itself. But it can churn out Doctor-Who-y sentences.

https://github.com/karpathy/char-rnn
http://lewisandquark.tumblr.com/
>>
>>83541535
>Does "you can't say it failed to deliver because moffat told you it wouldn't" genuinely sound like a reasonable argument to you?
No.
>>
>thirty minutes of Orwellian nothingness
>FAKE NEWS CENTRAL

>psychic control carried on by heredity
>The gay woman will work just fine!

>Monks presumably know of MIssy's existence
>vault is totally unguarded

>true love saves the day

Im confused by the regeneration fakeout as well. Bill knows he is a timelord, though we havent seen the mechanics involved disclosed. So she knew and shot him somewhat pointlessly, or she didnt and the fakeout wasnt something she could understand.
>>
>psychic control carried on by heredity
>The gay woman will work just fine!

They meant that the control ias passed down from mother to child. I don't get why this exposition was needed, though. The monks haven't actually been on Earth since the beginning of life.
>>
>>83541618
But that's what you've been arguing in support of this whole time. You've been saying that it's unfair to call an episode a disappointment if you knew beforehand it wouldn't deliver what you wanted.
>>
>>83541761
Missy was talking about how they worked on other planets
Better question is, why weren't the monks' motives ever revealed? They even outright had bill question why they were doing all of this, but it was never answered or resolved
>>
Bill's mom should have been the companion
>>
>>83536960
JUST
FUCKING
GOOGLE
"WATCH DOCTOR WHO [EPISODE NAME]"
JESUS
FUCK
THIS
IS
HOW
ARE
YOU
SO
INEPT
WITH
THE
INTERNET
>>
>>83541837
I did and nothing came up you fucking sperg
>>
>>83541761
Mother to child, genetically. Gay people generally dont have children, though I suppose manipulation could be applied. The exposition was directly related to the ending of their rule. If there is no offspring, control dies with the carrier. By accepting a gay person and making no further effort, they willingly accept a single generation of rule after which some shit goes down. They've been monitoring earth for a longass time and one generation of control works for them?
>>
>>83541772
>But that's what you've been arguing in support of this whole time.
No.

>You've been saying that it's unfair to call an episode a disappointment if you knew beforehand it wouldn't deliver what you wanted.
Not the same thing as >>83541535
>>
>>83541837
I have Doctor Who episodes literally set to download to plex.
>>
>>83541837
Fucking kek.
>>
>>83541857
>Gay people generally dont have children
Surrogacy is pretty popular which is one of the pair acquire sperm either from a bank or via a friend or perhaps they could just clone her or something.
>>
>>83541858
But that post can be rewritten as "Moffat told you it wouldn't deliver, therefore you can't say it failed to deliver" - which is functionally the exact same as "you can't call an episode a disappointment if you knew beforehand it wouldn't deliver".
>>
>>83541857

I see what you're saying now. I have a hard time hearing DW's dialogue, so a lot of the finer bits of the story fly by me.

Could you imagine if Whithouse tried to plug this plothole by saying "the monks' brainwashing will get rid of homosexuality"?
>>
File: marco polo dvd.jpg (387KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
marco polo dvd.jpg
387KB, 800x800px
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/doctor-who-missing-episodes-seven-2839102
>>
>>83541629
>FAKE NEWS CENTRAL
Is their mockery of Trump within the show good or bad? This is the second instance, right?
>>
>>83541958
Not really a mockery when it's true. A good amount of news is fake or fabricated.
>>
>>83541942
time will tell, it always does
>>
>>83541958
Their only instance of mockery was "lol orange"
Uttering "fake news" isn't mocking trump. It's a buzzword used by both sides of politics rather generously to attempt to discredit anything they don't like, regardlessly of whether it's objectively factual or not
>>
File: thatcher effect.jpg (33KB, 366x367px) Image search: [Google]
thatcher effect.jpg
33KB, 366x367px
>>83541942

>anonymous rumors

Don't fucking play with my heart like that, anon.

>>83541958

It's too ambiguous to say for sure. Both sides use the term "fake news".

Though it's kind of weird that a British series is deeply obsessed with American politics, at least it isn't on Happiness Patrol's level.
>>
It's worth noting that "fake news central" was dubbed in later, capaldi's not facing the camera in that shot. It probably wasn't in the script at all and they just thought of adding it like a month or two ago. Scene would have worked fine without that line there, and was probably originally intended that way.
>>
>>83541942
Considering this is one of the few full serials I've seen of classic who.. well rather I've heard since I actually watched that whole slideshow reconstruction thing which is not as fun as it sounds, this seems very interesting.
>>
>>83541942
That DVD was on the BBC store for a few minutes a few years ago. They definitely have something they're not telling us.
>>
File: tom react.gif (942KB, 450x279px) Image search: [Google]
tom react.gif
942KB, 450x279px
>>83542116
>That DVD was on the BBC store for a few minutes a few years ago
Hol up, what?
>>
>>83541942
>>83542103
>2013

never fucking mind
>>
>>83541905
One is a statement about what the episode does, the other is a statement about how you feel about it. If an episode wasn't what you wanted, that's a fact, but you shouldn't be disappointed by things you expect to be the way they are. As I understand it, one of the main charges being made is that The Lie of the Land failed to live up to expectations that, in my opinion, weren't justified expectations, especially if one is aware of the head writer's statement that the three episodes are meant to be separate stories and not tied together that closely.
>>
>>83542103
Out of the many classics, why did you watch/listen to Marco Polo?
>>
>>83542202
I'm talking about objectivity. It objectively fails to deliver on what was objectively set up in the previous episode. Subjective prior knowledge has on relevance.
>>
guys. Guys?!. What do you think Gallifrey_Immigrant is doing right *now*?
>>
>>83537659
This
>>
>>83542296
having a cheeky wank most likely
>>
>>83542296
Isn't he one of the current namefags nowadays?
>>
guys. Guys?!. What do you think Edge_Lord_Victorious is doing right *now*?
>>
>>83538544
eat Troughton's dead dick
>>
guys. Guys?!. What do you think Cloister_Wraith is doing right *now*?
>>
>>83542296
Writing a book.
>>83542397
Shitposting on /ic/.
>>83542424
Fapping.
>>
>>83542374
to edge or Clara do you think
>>
>>83542239
>It objectively fails to deliver on what was objectively set up in the previous episode
Okay, what specifically are you referring to?

>Subjective prior knowledge has on relevance.
What do you mean by "subjective prior knowledge"? I sounds like you mean knowledge that not everyone necessarily has, in which sense all prior knowledge is subjective in contrast with the objective content of the episode, but in that sense no episode of a tv show is comprehensible without subjective prior knowledge.
>>
>>83542045
Britfags are always more interested in American politics than Americans are in British politics.
I don't even fucking know who's prime minister but every Bong goes "drumpf drumpf drumpf" daily.
>>
>>83542433
guys. Guys?!. What do you think Cats12 is doing right *now*?
>>
How would you guys have rewritten the three parts of Monk, without changing the premise/setting/whatever of each individual episode (i.e. extremis is still Veritas and simulations, Pyramid is still the pyramid in the desert and first real Monk incursion, Lie is still Orwell Takeover) ? You know, to make this whole shitshow three parted better and actually work
>>
>>83542495
Shitposting.
>>
>>83542469
>no episode of a tv show is comprehensible without subjective prior knowledge.
You take any episode as it is, as a self contained narrative that requires no external meta information (unless it explicitly does which is incredibly rare and never the case for doctor who)
>>
>>83542495
You mean what is he doing right *meow*
>>
>>83542496

o Bill does shoot The Doctor. Doing so momentarily breaks the link between her pure and love-only wish for The Doctor to see again. It was momentarily turned into one of hate and anger with him aligning with the Monks. The Doctor, similar to Ten, puts off the regeneration by bottling it inside and then plays up it was part of the plan to be shot. The guards all around him feel the propaganda from the Monks break because they were at ground zero where Bill's link faltered. That entire scene then plays out like normal except with The Doctor saying "we now have our small rebel force" looking at the deprogrammed guards.

o The Doctor is the one who saves the day by reverse propaganda-ing the world and notices inside the "Fake News Central" machine there's more advanced technology then there should be... Time Lord tech. He realizes what it is while he's plugged in and uses it as well. We get him struggling and Bill comes over and instead links up with him and using Bill's untouched memory of her mom and The Doctor's powerful mind they break the hold together around the world.

o End the episode in part with them fleeing the Pyramid and seeing the threads of the possible future room. The Doctor has to know something and touches one and gets a glimpse of a shadowy figure. He smiles and then proceeds to run out of the pyramid.

o The full episode ends like normal except now The Doctor goes in to see Missy. The same thing plays out with Missy understanding, possibly, what she's done across her life with The Doctor revealing he had a hand in changing that.
>>
What about the doctor's plan required six months of preparation?
>>
>>83542634

fucking Moffat.

Maybe slowly recruiting the guards, learning the Monks patterns?? Possibly?
>>
>>83542634
>>83542668
Six months during which he was complicit in the death, imprisonment, and torture of at least hundreds if not thousands of people around the world.
>>
File: mpv-shot0002.jpg (117KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0002.jpg
117KB, 1280x720px
This is an underground basement
>>
>>83542702
It's clearly her TARDIS.
>>
>>83542683
And did their propaganda too.
>>
What about this specific time where missy faced death made her want to commit to trying to be good? It's not like she hasn't faced certain actual death before
>>
>>83542702
Timelord tech. Fancy lights dressed up as windows. Not too hard to explain. The charm of it is how obviously impossible it is.
>>
>>83542716
It's clearly all part of her keikaku alongside of the "I'm totally good now"
>>
>>83542712
That's what I meant, actually.
>>
>>83542733
>and he gets away scott free because he's the Doctor
I wonder iff Moff ever thinks this through.
>>
>>83542716
She had no other bargaining chips with which to get the Doctor to save her life (her only hope this time). If she went back on her word, it's possible his compassion for her would run out next time. Also possible that the terror of her situation made her really consider it.
>>
>>83542730
Isn't the whole point that she's actually genuinely trying to be good, then she's confronted by the simm master who tries to make her bad again, but she decides to stick to being good and kills her past self to stop him, initiating the regeneration into her?
>>
>>83542758
That would be interesting (like with the Eleven's Eighth incarnation for example, but to be fair he has like the equivalent of regeneration personality disorder) but suck in the long term since there's few ongoing Who villains. Maybe we could have another TL back.
>>
>>83542805
She'll obviously relapse back to evil in her next regeneration when chibbers is in charge
>>
>>83542870
An interesting plotline.
>>
>>83542499
I assume you mean the show should taken as self-contained rather than each episode, otherwise the whole idea of multi-part stories or having any continuity would be a bad one. But okay, I guess that's a reasonable standard for analyzing these episodes.
>>
>>83542702
>>83542710
>>83542720

Hope she has a new tardis at all.
>>
>>83542870
Maybe her version of Good will just end of really twisted. Wasn't that essentially Missy's thing in Death in Heaven? She did something evil as a supposedly thoughtful present for someone she considers a real friend.
>>
Simm regenerating into missy in an episode that involved cybermen would lead right into setting up the plot of missy's first televised appearance
It's almost definitely what moff's doing
>>
>>83542720
>Timelord tech. Fancy lights dressed up as windows.
Doesn't even require particularly fancy technology. Just light and glass.
>>
Is this Capaldi's worst series?
>>
>tfw Capaldi is a great Doctor stuck in a world of shitty writing
>>
>>83542984
So far it's better than series 9.
>>
>>83543047
Objectively incorrect
It's currently most like S3 - functional but nothing particularly standout. S9 had a shitton of characterkino by this point, S10 has only had a few select scenes
>>
https://twitter.com/Patrick_Ness/status/871256325166071808

>Hey, this kind of stuff matters very little in the face of the London Bridge attack, but I did want say a quick thing re the future of Class
>I decided awhile back that, with unbelievable regret, I won't be writing any more Class, even if a season 2 moves ahead.
>It has been the MOST amazing experience. I loved it, and I am so proud of the show and what we made. My heart just bursts with happy.
>But we should be filming right now. With the new cycles of Who, we'd pretty much need to be to be on the air before even 2019. But we're not
>And that's just TV and how it goes! Not even the littlest bit bitter. What an amazing experience.
>Huge thank yous to @bbcthree and @BBCAMERICA for their love and enthusiasm for Class. BBCAmerica in particular absolutely LOVES the show.
>I remain baffled by the sched decisions of BBC1, which were odd for a critically-acclaimed show. But again, I'm so grateful for the chance!

RIP Class. You were better than a kick in the balls.
>>
>>83535370
Who is this cunt?

Why should I care?

What Other stupid cunt made a wiki of this nobody?
>>
>>83543120
it's one of /who/'s lolcows
>>
>>83543105
Why the fuck did he pick today to announce this, if he was going to go out of his way to point out the terrorist attack? He says himself that he decided this a while back. Is today when the last episode airing in america or something?
>>
>>83543127
So no one actually cares? We just gossip about someone's life-trainwreck?

So it's just like Class.

Fuck me that hurt just saying it.

>>83543169
Burgerlander here. Can confirm.
>>
>>83543076
But Oxygen and Extremis are both better than any of series 9's first 7 episodes.
>>
>>83543169
Yes, it aired with episode 8 of s10.
>>
>>83543105
The only good thing to come out of this complete shitfest is the fact that Chaos Walking is getting an adaptation.
>>
Nobody gives a shit about anything that comes out of your sinking island, save for 1984-kino fags. You've all had your chance and the only people still culturally retarded enough to give a shit are ..... So, why don't you fucking drunks get your shit together and try posting again in another 10 years, without the aid of your masters.
>>
File: quill.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
quill.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>83543076
>>83543192
First 8 episodes, I mean.
>>
Remember when Immigrant thought Class was going to be good?
>>
>>83543192
TMA/TWF were raw GOAT characterkino between 12/davros and clara/missy, oxygen and extremis are both good but oxygen in particular doesn't compare to that
>>
File: homosex.webm (647KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
homosex.webm
647KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>83543192
Oxygen was only good because everything before it was horseshit
>>
>>83542716

Calling it now that it'll end up having some relation to the frog and the scorpion parable.
>>
File: meme copy 2.png (133KB, 255x402px) Image search: [Google]
meme copy 2.png
133KB, 255x402px
Nothing about class was "bad"
there just wasn't enough that was good
>>
>>83543309
the one that gomez mentioned in some BTS video and actually hasn't appeared in the show?
The one that is just a slightly altered derivative of the snake parable that trump likes to tell at his rallies to justify the travel ban?
>>
>>83543320

The bad part about Class is that it had nothing to do with it's parent series apart from a location.

A spin-off should focus on a character from the main series like Torchwood and Sarah Jane Adventures did.
>>
File: I've seen some shit.png (212KB, 169x487px) Image search: [Google]
I've seen some shit.png
212KB, 169x487px
>>83543232
Holy shit, I forgot about this.

>>83543251
It had a lot of cringey stuff too though, like #planeshavestopped and everything to do with the Dalek sewers.

>>83543282
Nah, it was good because it was good. And Smile was underrated.
>>
File: g.png (639KB, 987x809px) Image search: [Google]
g.png
639KB, 987x809px
>>83543265
I wanted to compare this to that smug reaction image of the guy with his cat, but I cant fucking find it.
>>
Has there been a single instance of integrating modern technology/culture into the show being effective rather than just cringy?
>>
>>83543428
9 sonicing rose's phone so she could call her mum
>>
>>83543320
Depends on how you define bad. I think the fact that main cast was a complete mismatch with the plot is bad.
>>
File: 1496560364618.png (565KB, 987x809px) Image search: [Google]
1496560364618.png
565KB, 987x809px
>>83543401
>>
>>83543265
Mattieuz is cute CUTE!
He doesn't deserve Charlie
>>
Why the fuck is it that so many of the Who spinoffs seem to think that utter grim-dark blackness is the way to go? Outside of Sarah Jane, did Torchwood or Class ever have a happy ending?
>>
>>83542983
That was meant to be two separate suggestions yeah
>>
File: goodfriends.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
goodfriends.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>83543265
do you think they were able to get away with it easier because it was dark?
>>
>>83543583
Is this colors anon?
>>
"humans dont deserve free will since they elect people like Trump and vote for Brexit. they are better off being ruled by tyrannical aliens who rewrite history"
>>
>>83543738
yes
I happened to be the one who made that webm in the first place and I still had the source .mov lying around which made it easy, recoloring normal webms isn't as convenient because it'd require going back and forth with conversions rather than just throwing it in photoshop like can be done with normal images and gifs
>>
Do you think we'll get a single episode without any form of political comment?
Do you think the writers even realise how much 2016 impacted their emotional state - to the point that suddenly all their work is becoming political whether they realise it or not?
>>
>>83543820
What were the political comments in The Pilot, Knock Knock and Extremis?
>>
>>83543738
No. I don't care for Class. I suppose colours were shit and dark on purpose because muh edgy show. Series 10 has been pretty good so far with colours. Too bad most of the episodes are shit.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP6QWHbxb-Y
Is this DR Kino?
>>
>>83543105
>oh, we're canceled?
>th-that's okay, I didn't want to write another season anyway.
>>
>>83543944
>colors anon and bright anon are two different things
I'm getting confused desu
>>
>>83543891
>pilot
gay plot

>knock knock
gay grandfather

>extremis
gay plot

it's not fair that we can't watch a television show without being reminded that gay people exist
>>
>>83543963
Kek, let's just say I'm the one who complained Series 8 and 9 had washed out colours and made me depressed. I'm not the anon who fixes every picture by brightening them. Don't know what his deal is desu.
>>
New spinoff
>>83544003
>>83544003
>>83544003
>>
>>83543948
Embarrassingfankino.
>>
>>83538429
100% this
>>
>>83538917
>when anon's theory last week was better than the actual episode

This is always the case. Random Anons on /tv/ write better DW stories than """professionals""".
At this point literal 6 yrs olds could create a better show.
I mean it's like they deliberately fuck the whole thing up.
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.