[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alien 5 is officially NOT happening now.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

"I think it’s totally dead, yes. That would be an accurate assumption at this point. It’s sad. I spent a long time working on that, and I feel like it was really pretty awesome. But politically, the way it’s gone now, and the way that it all is — it’s just not going to live."

>http://screenrant.com/alien-5-neill-blomkamp-dead/
>>
>>83533829
>http://screenrant.com/alien-5-neill-blomkamp-dead/
probably because everyone wants to watch David slowly fuck up everyone on the Covenant
>>
>>83533953

>everyone

Literally Scott and noone else.
Only in his mind were FOUR prequel movies to Alien needed and wanted by "everyone".
>>
Good. After seeing Elysium and Chappie, I had no faith his Alien would be anything more than glorified fanwank anyway.
>>
Other than Redditors cooing and giving him undeserved confidence, why did this retard hack think he had the right to touch the Alien universe after his terrible films? Sorry Neil, but I don't want to see Die Antwoord taking on Xenos.
>>
File: 1495850258364.gif (202KB, 220x291px) Image search: [Google]
1495850258364.gif
202KB, 220x291px
>Blomkamp
>>
good b/c blomkamp fucking sucks
>>
>>83533829
Blomkamp did NOTHING wrong
>>
>>83533829
Am I the only person who really didn't care that they killed off Hicks and Newt? I think it fits the themes of the series better.
Any movie that intentionally brings them back would've just most likely been fan fiction tier anyways.
>>
>>83534314
I disliked the motherly vibe we were supposed to feel from Aliens, it just didn't fit the universe. Newt wasn't at all necessary.
>>
>>83534200
"FUCK YOU BLOMFKAMP" -ridley scooter
>>
>>83534314
I didn't like the decision when I was younger but now I think it fits the theme bringing the series back to its horror roots.
>>
>>83534423
>trumpcuck likes shitty flicks by hacks

Wow what a surprise.
>>
The guy hasn't made a decent movie since District 9. Makes sense why they wouldn't give him the keys to one of the beloved IPs in the world over Ridley.
>>
Blomkamp is a world-class hack.

>rich people mean
>poor people nice.

You've just seen every movie he's ever made.
>>
>>83533829
Thank god, his new pulse rifle concept looked like shit.
>>
>>83534314
I'm with you on that one. I think it's a great realistic touch. Sometimes the good guys get shafted.
>>
File: 1447376100536.jpg (903KB, 1365x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1447376100536.jpg
903KB, 1365x2048px
>>83534365
Well, the motherly thing was "canon" before A3. One of the great things about Aliens IMO. If the Xeno's have a Queen nearby, they start seeing everything as a means for reproduction instead of just meat. They assume this weird almost kinky steward ship over their prey because they have to. If the mother thinks you're special, that your genes will produce an valuable offspring, she will take extra care of you. And when they do capture you they keep you drugged and well fed.

It just makes sense that they'd be motherly with a queen around.
>>
Good. There's no way it wouldn't just be a shittier version of Aliens, and the only reason that movie gets a pass for fucking the original Alien's tone and feel, is because it's so good otherwise.

I'd rather watch David just fuck with people desu.
>>
you realize blomkamp made 1 good movie and if he did an alien one it would be full of forced social commentary and bs like that.
>>
>>83534734
Blomkamp's movies are low-key redpilled.
>District 9
>Slavering hordes of alien-niggers get dumped on earths doorstep and make things worse for everyone
>The one intelligent alien leaves with his family and never comes back

>Elysium
>Earth gets so shitty all the rich white people leave earth
>The last white guy on earth has to lead the slavering hordes of Mexicans after them and make things worse for everyone
>>
>All these "people" who hate Chappie
Elysium I can understand, but Chappie at the very least entertaining and visually looks great.
>>
Prometheus and Covenant are Hobbit tier garbage. Hopefully Ridley Scott does soon
>>
>>83534928
Elysium is retarded, white people hoarding their magical healing pods just to be spiteful. I suppose there might have been some cut dialogue about them withholding medicine from Earth to keep the population from spiraling out of control but that would have actually been a defensible argument.

I suppose the ultimate message of Elysium is meant as a wake-up call to limousine liberals who don't realize the migrant hordes will eventually claw their way into their precious gated communities.
>>
>>83535381
They could have sterilized them in return after a certain age.
>>
>>83534314
Hicks died because Biehn wanted a fortune to return for Fincher's film. They just killed him as a fuck you
>>
>>83534928
You know that Blomkamp is too simple for this to be a subtle redpill. It's just the usual heavyhanded and simple liberal theme
>>
File: 1494346394146.jpg (44KB, 480x397px) Image search: [Google]
1494346394146.jpg
44KB, 480x397px
>>83534128
This x 100. Last director who needs to touch the franchise.
>>
>>83534848
gayyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.