[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does immortality work in the Highlander universe? Do they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 10613highlander-title-large.png (387KB, 632x334px) Image search: [Google]
10613highlander-title-large.png
387KB, 632x334px
How does immortality work in the Highlander universe?

Do they have Wolverine type healing?

How do they breath under water?

Discuss.
>>
Honestly after that abortion of a sequel I decided not to care. But I saw someone in a thread say they are aliens from another planet? Am curious now.
>>
File: 1485559651499s.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1485559651499s.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
they live until they die
>>
if you die tragically and you're immortal, your spark is ignited and then you live forever at that age
>>
>>83533423
Watch the movie, its clear
They literally show him not drowning.
It's literally "you don't die"
You do heal faster than normal, but not wolverine level.
They don't need anything to live, the quickening sustains them. No air, food, etc.
>>
>>83533423
wow I forgot connery was in this show. I was so HYPED when this show was on tv.
>>
File: shake.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
shake.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
The Highlander was a documentary, and events happened in real time.
>>
>>83533495
Do you know the source of their power, is that explained? Sorry been a while since I saw it
>>
>>83533563
in the 5th movie (yes there is such thing) they do some weir quest to being able to get some chick pregnant wit a newborn immortal.
or you could follow the second movie canon,they are super aliens with advanced technology and whatever.
>>
>>83533454
That was in the abortion of a sequel
Basically, it's punishment.
You are reborn on a distant world, unable to die except by another.
Later edits changed the other world to the distant past, but it probably would have made the most sense to be the future.
The idea being that their past selves would be tied to their future selves, so only an immortal had the power to sever it. Then it would make sense why everyone was gunning to stop conner in h2, cause if he succeeded, the post apocalyptic future they ruled wouldn't exist.
>>
>>83533563
They eventually settle on "magic"
>>
>>83533423
>>83533994
>>83533495
It's a kinda Magic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p_1QSUsbsM
>>
>>83533423
Mostly when they sustain serious damage they 'die' briefly then wake up in an hour or so fully healed
>>
It's kind of funny how people wont just let this terrible franchise die
>>
>>83533423

>Wolverine type healing?

Yes, but slower. In Highlander Endgame, Duncan gets shot multiple times, falls out of a fourth story window and gets impaled on rebar. He "dies" for a minute or two, but is fully healed by the next day.

>How do they breathe underwater?

They don't. In the first movie, Connor gets knocked off a boat by Ramirez, only to realize that he doesn't need to breathe underwater after panicking for a bit.
>>
File: file.png (213KB, 404x303px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
213KB, 404x303px
What was the deal with the dude who had his head stapled on? I thought if your head cut off your immortal lightning shot out of your body and into the guy who cut your head off.
So wouldn't it not matter if you staple your head back on? You'd already would have lost your immortality.
>>
>>83535701
Rameriz cut the Kurgans throat he didn't take his head, at that point they hadn't worked out the mechanics of how the healing functions
>>
>>83534893
Yeah I can't say I get it. The first movie is like, okay at best. Entertaining and has an iconic actor. The second one is top 10 shitty movies of all time, then it's all over the place. There are just way better franchises to spend time watching.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.