[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

_____ of the Planet of the Apes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: planet of the apes trilogy.jpg (624KB, 3303x1469px) Image search: [Google]
planet of the apes trilogy.jpg
624KB, 3303x1469px
These are popcornkino right?

Also War of the Planet of the Apes just got a confirmed runtime of 2hr41minutes (longer than BvS)
>>
>>83530794
1 is kino, 2 is a flick
>>
>>83530922
2 is cinéma
>>
>>83530922
2 was a good flick though at least right?

JESUS TEN MINUTES LONGER THAN BVS
>>
"At New York Comic-Con 2016, Reeves explained that he and Bomback were influenced by many films before writing. He said, "One of the first things that Mark and I did because we had just finished Dawn was that we decided to watch a million movies. We decided to do what people fantasize what Hollywood screenwriters get to do but no one actually does. We got Fox to give us a theater and we watched movie after movie. We watched every Planet of the Apes movie, war movies, westerns, Empire Strikes Back... We just thought, 'We have to pretend we have all the time in the world,' even though we had limited time. We got really inspired."[30]

Additionally, during production Reeves and Bomback sought broader inspirations from films like Bridge on the River Kwai and The Great Escape. Feeling that there was a need to imbued Biblical themes and elements, they also watched Biblical epics like Ben-Hur and The Ten Commandments. The influences and inspirations were made evident in the relationship between Caesar and Woody Harrelson's Colonel, a military leader with vague pretensions toward godhood, which Reeves compares their relationship to the dynamic between Alec Guinness's British Commander and Sessue Hayakawa prison camp Colonel in Bridge on the River Kwai. Another comparison is when Caesar sets off on a journey to find the Colonel, flanked by a posse of close friends – a situation Reeves explicitly ties to Clint Eastwood's war-weary soldier in The Outlaw Josey Wales"

This is going to be kino
>>
>>83530987
*çìñëmæ
>>
apekino
>>
>>83530995
Meh, it was a fun flick, but after a kino that's just not good enough
>>
1 was skippable shit
2 was apekino
waiting for 3
>>
Glad I'm not the only one that loves these movies. I feel like a moron when I put a movie about talking apes in my top 20
>>
>>83531324
It's okay anon. They elevated the material beyond the premise and it's legitimately great.
>>
File: IMG_1167.jpg (80KB, 833x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1167.jpg
80KB, 833x1000px
Go ask Reddit
>>
>>83531093
c̘͓̓̒̈́i̦ͣ̓ͪͦͩ̂̐n̬̪̤͔̼̩͇̔̾͊̾͆é̥̯̠̥̠̎̐͌ͤ́̚͢m̢͋ͯ̾͑͛ͅà
>>
>>83531362
People who still say kino are shit posting imbeciles with very limited vocabularies. Brains literally damaged by meme speak. IQs much lower than normal.
>>
This series has developed really well.
The first one established the world and characters.
The second sets the stage for the main conflict of the series.
The third one is the turning point from Planet of Men to Planet of Apes.

I can only assume they will continue with the series and eventually remake the original film.
>>
>>83531407
Repeating memes of any kind damages your ability to communicate.
>>
>>83530794
they're a meme series, taylor made for reddit
>>
>>83531461
for you
>>
File: 1494260351873.jpg (62KB, 378x438px) Image search: [Google]
1494260351873.jpg
62KB, 378x438px
post yfw Caesar's NO
>>
>>83530794
The original films are some of the best sci fi films ever made ripe with good social commentary. The new films are trash for Generation Z and faggots who want to suck Franco's jewish dick. Even Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes is better.
>>
Caesar becomes ape hitler
>>
>>83531605
More like Ape Washington
>>
>>83531605
>Caesar becomes ape hitler
That sounds awesome.

>>83531597
Franco has only been in the first so ?????
>>
>>83531597
This.
>>
>>83531605
Do Jews become human then? What a twist
>>
>>83531597
Social commentary is good and all but I feel that these days it's way to hamfisted. I find this series approach to just telling a solid story and not shoving an agenda down your throat refreshing.
>>
overly long contrived bullshit with crap action
>>
>>83531597
Neck yourself you contrarian fuck
>>
>>83531597
I have to agree and I don't particularly like the plaent of the apes series. The new films are just so terrible and devoid of any substance what so ever.
>>
>>83530794
>2hr41minutes
Mon-KINO confirmed
>>
>>83530794
>movie is a fucking nightmare for pirating because of subtitles
>>
>>83530794
Im hyped. Studios usually like to keep movies short, so they must have some confidence in the film
If this is good this might be one of my favorite movie trilogies. I just hope Reeves stays as director on the next ones
>>
>>83531557
It made me gasp, it was very unexpected and well-timed.
>>
The second movie was one of the best science fiction movies we've had in decades. The opening shots of the apes hunting together was just so surreal.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.