[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Best Werner Herzog Documentary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: caveofforgottendreams.jpg (41KB, 315x445px) Image search: [Google]
caveofforgottendreams.jpg
41KB, 315x445px
ITT: Best Werner Herzog Documentary
>>
encounters at the end of the world

cave of forgotten dreams is way too fucking long
>>
File: 1488473327336.jpg (85KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1488473327336.jpg
85KB, 1080x1080px
Beautiful film, i think of it often. His work is so varied it's hard to compare.
>>
>>83529918
Why did you post the worst? This should have been 30 minutes, there's just not enough content for a feature film. Have you even seen his other docos? Are you intentionally being provocative by posting this? I don't get it. I just don't understand why you've made this thread.
>>
File: 1486702608704.jpg (52KB, 500x476px) Image search: [Google]
1486702608704.jpg
52KB, 500x476px
>>83529979
>those last 20 minutes where he just shows practically the same footage with a couple of new bits crammed in without saying a word

I don't think that Herzog understands that his voice is more imbuing than any kind of music.
>>
>>83529979
Encounters is great, I love everything about it
>>
I know it's a basic bitch response but I really think Grizzly Man is his best. All of Treadwell's footage is a very special novelty in of itself, Herzog put it all together nicely
>>
>>83530051
>This should have been 30 minutes

yea, pretty much this. would have been fine as some 20-30 minute doc posted on youtube. this had absolutely no reason to be an hour and a half long. after 30 minutes they used up all the footage anyway
>>
>>83530257
I wish he had pulled a madman and snatched the last audiotape tape from his friend.
>>
>>83530051
>>83530266

Fuck you two. No, I'm not baiting or shilling or anything like that. I've always had a massive interest in the Ice Age and cave paintings and such and always really loved Cave of Forgotten Dreams. The documentary wasn't long at all. At 90 minutes it seemed to short. It could of had even more.
>>
>>83530488
I was interested in the subject matter as well but the documentary just isn't good. Especially relative to other Herzog documentaries.
>>
>>83530488
more of what? they're fucking animals drawn on to a cave wall
>>
>>83529979
Encounters at the End of the World had so much great footage that Herzy made a dramatic film with some of it. Best of the best.
>>
File: lessonsofdarkness.webm (2MB, 480x274px) Image search: [Google]
lessonsofdarkness.webm
2MB, 480x274px
Gotta be Lessons of Darkness. He captured some incredible footage on this one.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.